Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
leeann32
DIS Veteran

BLT or Kidani? Help me Choose

I can't decide between a 1 bd at BLT or Kidani???? I'm torn between the location of BLT and the look and feel of Kidani. Please help me decide
leeann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

I would go with Bay Lake Tower because of it's got a much better overall location, more transportation options, the walkway to the Magic Kingdom, easy access to the Contemporary via the skybride and it's also easy when taking the Resort Monorail to visit the Polynesian and Grand Floridian.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I had this same dilemna. At my 11 month mark, I had booked a split stay at BCV and the Treehouse Villas. Today was my 7 month mark. I knew I was keeping the Treehouse portion but wanted to change out BCV because we always stay at BCV.

I went back and forth a million times and finally decided on Kidani. This was a very tough decision and I'm not sure I still won't call and try to change it to BLT before I'm done.

My biggest reason for not choosing BLT is that we spend a lot of time on our balcony. We enjoy having coffee out there in the morning and we like a cocktail/snacks in the evening. I've read more than one post about the bird problem at BLT on the balconies. I can't imagine vacationing at WDW and having to fight the birds over who gets to eat my Pepperidge Farms goldfish crackers.

The second reason is that we need a lockoff 2 bedroom and my husband and I would be using the "studio" portion. The writeups have been consistent in stating that the studios are cramped. Again, because we spend a lot of time at the resort, this concerned me.

It's really terrible to have to make these choices.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
smep013
DVC Member

This is a tough call.

This is how we would decide:

If we were going alone just me and my hubby, and wanted a relaxing vacation, far away from it all, with a lot of pool time and resort time and not a lot of park time (if any at all) we'd go with Kidani. It is beautiful there and very remote. (We are lucky enough to visit a few times a year, so a trip without the parks is feasible.)

If we were going to visit parks and wanted to be close to the action, I'd go with BLT. Or, if we were with guests who do not get to WDW very often and we needed to show them around the parks, we'd stay at BLT.

Hope that helps.
July 2014: Boardwalk!!!
smep013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
Baby Yeti
My other car is a monorail

We had the exact same dilemma.....BLT vs. Kidani. Got a great deal on Kidani on Ebay on the perfect dates we wanted, so that made the choice for me. All I can tell you is that we loved Kidani. The theming will blow you away. I never wanted to leave the place. It is so quiet, serene, and peaceful, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. I really like the modern theme too, so I think I would have enjoy BLT as well, but the music, theming, and the feeling of absolutely being taken to another place by Kidani would be hard for me to give up now. The pool is also wonderful there.

Yes, I would have loved to a be a little closer to things, especially MK, but it's a tradeoff.

Contemporary - Port Orleans FQ - Wilderness Lodge -
Saratoga Springs - AKV Kidani - Yacht Club - Pop Century - Coronado Springs - Old Key West

Next Trip: Bay Lake Tower
Baby Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smep013 View Post
This is a tough call.

This is how we would decide:

If we were going alone just me and my hubby, and wanted a relaxing vacation, far away from it all, with a lot of pool time and resort time and not a lot of park time (if any at all) we'd go with Kidani. It is beautiful there and very remote. (We are lucky enough to visit a few times a year, so a trip without the parks is feasible.)

If we were going to visit parks and wanted to be close to the action, I'd go with BLT. Or, if we were with guests who do not get to WDW very often and we needed to show them around the parks, we'd stay at BLT.

Hope that helps.

This does help
We want to be close to MK, that's where we spend most of our time.
Being able to walk there is a HUGE plus!
I wish I didn't have a package deal, then I could just do a split stay
Old 10-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
lorihannahgwen
Twitterpated

It seems like you made up your mind.

lorihannahgwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorihannahgwen View Post
It seems like you made up your mind.
Nope, I have gone back and forth many times!
Hearing about the bird problem at BLT is alittle scary
Both have their pros and cons. I'm just going to let the kids pick, it's too hard of a choice for me
I'm sure they will pick Kidani, I think they liked the way the pool looked. Where ever we stay will be great, we'll be in Disney!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: