Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #76
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Welcome Karen i hope you get to go also this cruise is so much fun.

OhMom that is one of the reasons all of our excursions are through Disney I love being able to have a picture of all three of us taking together in each port some of them more than one. In Rome we had four pictures taken at each of the major attractions. Besides the pictures it is nice to not worry about having to get back to the ship on time. Some of these places are a long way away from the port. I like knowing if the excursion is running behind the ship is not leaving me.

Melissa
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #77
Monstro
I'm addicted to the Hot Rocks!

Pictures added

Hi everyone. Additional castaway pictures have been added to the website. Hoping for more (both pictures and information).

Jeff
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #78
Monstro

WOW - webmaster shut us down. We're a dead thread!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #79
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

That's not nice we aren't dead just a very sloooow thread.
Melissa
Old 08-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #80
MaryJaneP
Earning My Ears

Money

New to this board and new to foreign travel. We are considering this as our inaugural Disney Cruise. How is the money handled? All euros, all dollars, some of each? Do you recommend exchanging before or in europe? Does Disney have exchange available onboard? Is this issue addressed well elsewhere and I'm just wasting your time reading this, sorry!?

Thanks
MaryJaneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #81
Monstro

MaryJaneP. I hope you decide to join us. Everything you buy through Disney on the ship including shore excursions is in dollars. Everything you buy while on shore is going to be in euro's. I'd estimate the number of euro's you'll spend and get from a bank here before your trip.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #82
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Everywhere off the ship is Euros except for Tunis I forget what they use. We just guessed at how much we needed the first time and then when we got back in Atlanta we exchanged the Euro's back for dollars.
MaryJaneP I hope you join us on this cruise. Our first cruise was on the Magic the first time they went to the Med and it was a wonderful experience and the reason that we fell in love with DCL.

Melissa
Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #83
MaryJaneP
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks for replies. $ is obviously a concern. Our travel agent also said some of the excursions are physically taxing (Rome = 11 1/2 hours) as well as expensive. If you had to rate excursions 1st, 2nd, etc, how would they fall and are there any particular reasons (cost, exhaustion)?
MaryJaneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #84
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Airfare is finally up for the length of time we needed. More days for us this time do to pre and post stays but airfare is less than half what it was in 07. I am thinking about shipping our luggage over this time. Avoid any chance of it getting lost and extra fees if we go over the one checked bag per a person which I know we will. At least with Fed Ex I got confirmation that it is delivered.

Excursions are exhausting and expensive. We know in Rome alone we are looking at a 13hr day. Our favorite saying is we can sleep when we are dead right now we are too busy living. We nicknamed the last med cruise the butt crack of dawn cruise because we were up before the sun. To keep things inexpensive we are only doing 4 whole day excursions Best of Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri, Florence and Michelangelo and, Monaco, Eze and Monte carol. for the other ports we will be on our own or will do a half day trip which are a lot cheaper. You could do all the ports on your own or arrange excursions with a company other than Disney and this would also make them less expensive.

Melissa
Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #85
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

oh wow I didn't realize it could be THAT long...it will be hard for me to keep our trip relaxing, which is why we love cruising, and see all that I want to see! My oldest DD, Taylor and I could be on the go all day, my DH and youngest DD, Preston and Paige, tend to like a slower pace and are content watching movies and eating room service i say 'divide and conquer!'

on airfare -- I would really appreciate advice...when to book? expected costs? expected flight durations? we will be flying out of columbus, ohio

Jeff -- how do you prefer to get family photos? email? should i post like on photobucket?

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #86
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
oh wow I didn't realize it could be THAT long...it will be hard for me to keep our trip relaxing, which is why we love cruising, and see all that I want to see! My oldest DD, Taylor and I could be on the go all day, my DH and youngest DD, Preston and Paige, tend to like a slower pace and are content watching movies and eating room service i say 'divide and conquer!'

on airfare -- I would really appreciate advice...when to book? expected costs? expected flight durations? we will be flying out of columbus, ohio

Jeff -- how do you prefer to get family photos? email? should i post like on photobucket?
I've been told on airfare to wait till after Christmas because people are buying tickets for Christmas gifts. That has been true with our trips to Europe. Prices seem to get better after the holidays. I'd be glad to add it to our airfare watch page on the website if you'd like. What airport are you flying from?

On the photos - just send them to me in an instant message.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #87
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

On airfare we will be waiting till at least February the prices seem to go down then. Last time we booked right before the cruise because we booked the cruise last minute and even though we paid a lot for our tickets compared to others we still got them cheaper.

Melissa
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #88
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post

OhMom, our daughters were 15 and 13 when we went to the med in 07 and they both absolutely loved it. My wife and I were worried about them getting too tired, but they both did great. We choose this trip for the sea day in between Rome and Spezia. It is a nice catch up day. We're excited to introduce our 18 year old to Palo's as well. We should find a way to get them talking. My daughter is a 4th year Spanish student and would have loved that trip to Spain.

Jeff
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #89
poizenivey
Mouseketeer

Hello all! Just booked this cruise tonight!

Sooooo exicted...will write more later! Can't wait to get to know you all!!!

Magic Eastern Carribean 11/2010
Magic Western Carribean 4/2010
Disney's Yacht Club 4/2010
Disney's Fort Wilderness ?/2011
Off property 6/2009 Off property-8/2008-Off property 6/2008
poizenivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #90
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by poizenivey View Post
Hello all! Just booked this cruise tonight!

Sooooo exicted...will write more later! Can't wait to get to know you all!!!
Welcome! lookg forward to getting to know you as well.

Jeff

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: