Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #61
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

From what I read the CD is $399. Well worth it in my opinion because they take tons of pictures at each port of call and last time we spent way more than that on photos.

I wish the airlines would open all of July so I could book these tickets. Booked everything else through Disney but their airfare quote was ridiculous and I can't use my points with them.

Made almost all of our decisions about excursions except for Ville France. Can't decide if we want to do it on our own or with DCL. Our must do there is to go back to Eze.

According to my count down we have 333 days until the cruise less than that until we leave. Hopefully it will fly by.

Melissa
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #62
Monstro
I'm addicted to the Hot Rocks!

$399 for the photo CD is correct. We loved Eze too.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #63
Toocoolmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
awesome Montro! These will be our family's first trip overseas on vacation, with the exception of my oldest DD school trip to Spain. My DH has traveled over the pond for business several times, and did a Eurpoean road trip type vacation almost 30 years ago! wow, that makes him sound old

My youngest daughter is very into France. I'm just giddy to go see all those icons of other countries I've seen pictures of. The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Pompeii, the gorgeous beaches of Canne. I really haven't done much researching yet. I'm very glad that there are some repeat Med cruisers to help me with excursions.

i must SHOP!

I'm also curious on dining rotations/menus for an 11-day...
You will still rotate every night to a different place. We just got back from the Baltic and did the rotation 4 times. The only difference is they have added different themes so they only run the traditional shows once during the cruise.

By the way my name is Sarah and there will be a total of 12 of us joining you all on the Med. We just booked it on the Baltic and we are so excited. You just can't beat the 20% off!!!

Me: Sarah DH: David
DD: Caitlin (12) DS: Aiden (10)

2006 - Sea/Land Cruise in the Bahamas
2010 - Baltic Sea
2011 - Mediterranean Cruise
Planned:
2012 - Alaska
2013 - Mediterranean - Greece/Turkey
Toocoolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #64
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Welcome Sarah! I can not imagine traveling with 12 people. There are only 3 of us and it is difficult enough to get everyone organized to go over seas. Look forward to getting to know you.

Melissa
Old 08-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #65
Minniespec
Mouseketeer

Tinkerbell,
I would love to know what excursions you chose. Just looking at all the possibilities makes my head spin!
--
Sorry I've been MIA, I haven't checking the thread because I thought I was getting an email every time there was a new post, but I suppose not.

As for what I'm excited for, I agree with ohMom. I know this will probably end up being a very intense vacation, but I'm so excited to all of the places you see in the pictures. The fact that this cruise is so much longer than our first cruise is also exciting. It means we might actually have a chance to relax on our vacation (imagine that!).
Minniespec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #66
Monstro

Cruise web-site

I've started a website for this cruise. We can use it to organize our cruise meets, fish extender game, and anything else we want to use it for. I'm including itinerary and port information with tips from previous med cruisers and other threads. It will also include Castaways (Dis-meet group) info and events, weather, and travel info as well as a watch list for airfare, hotel and shuttle information. As a start, it would be great if everyone could give me the following information. You can get it to me via a PM or just by posting it here.

------------------------------------------------------
Cabin number
Dinning: (Main or second seating)
DCL Cruise Number: 4
Yes or no to Fish Extender

People in your party
----------------------------------------------------------
For an example, here is my info and what it will look like on the site (plus a family picture)

**Monstro's Party**
Cabins: 2079 & 2081
Dinning: Second
DCL Cruise Number: 12
Fish extender: Yes

Jeff, DW -Ann, DD Steph(23), DD Nikki(18), DD Caroline(16)

Pictures of your cruise party would also be great and makes it easy to put names to faces once we are all on-board.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #67
Minniespec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Cabin number: Currently 6094, the same room we had on our first cruise, but we're hoping to transfer to a double steamer trunk room
Dinning: (Main or second seating): Second Seating
DCL Cruise Number: 2
Yes or no to Fish Extender: Yes! We didn't get to do one on our first cruise, so I'm hoping it works out for this one.

People in your party : 3
Disney Dad, Disney Mom, and me; who'll be a month from turning 15 at the time of the cruise
Great idea! Can't wait to see it If I can get a nice picture uploaded, I'll let you know, but I make no promises. XD
Old 08-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #68
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

for the photo CD information...I had told DH $500 so now it will seem like a bargain and also glad to know they take photos at the ports, i didn't expect that. i definately am making that purchase!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #69
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
for the photo CD information...I had told DH $500 so now it will seem like a bargain and also glad to know they take photos at the ports, i didn't expect that. i definately am making that purchase!
The ships photographers travel with excursions now. The easiest way to get family photos taken at the various ports is to book shore excursions with Disney. Otherwise, if you are on your own or have a private tour, you need to keep an eye for the Disney excursions and find the photographer with that group.

We were successful at doing this in Naples and Rome, but missed them everywhere else. In fact, we didn't even realize they were doing that until we saw them at Pompeii.

Good tip Tinkerbell_29. I'll add it to the website.

Jeff
Old 08-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #70
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniespec View Post
Great idea! Can't wait to see it If I can get a nice picture uploaded, I'll let you know, but I make no promises. XD
Thanks for the info. I've got it added. You probably already thought of this, but please make sure your parents are OK with posting a picture before you send it to me - OK?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #71
Minniespec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Thanks for the info. I've got it added. You probably already thought of this, but please make sure your parents are OK with posting a picture before you send it to me - OK?

Thanks
Jeff
Absolutely. I'm a stickler for the rules- the guilt eats me alive if I'm not. . They're not as into trip planning as I am so I usually take the reins, but yes I'll double check with them.

Granted, that means I'll have to find time between school and homework and learn to work our scanner .
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #72
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Info for Website:
Cabin # 8532 1st time in concierge we are excited about this
Dining: Main seating
DCL Cruise #: 4
Yes or No to Fish Extender: Yes
People in our group: 3 all adults My mom: Nancy, my brother: Matthew and me Melissa

As for excursions our first cruise was the med cruise and we had no idea what we were doing we picked some good excursions just by luck. This time I wanted to make sure we were able to see and do the things we missed last time. We are looking at some long days but we can sleep no the plane ride home.
Naples: We are doing Pompeii Sorrento and Capri the adult only departure. Did this one before but did the one for families and loved it only problem was on that one they went to Pompeii last and we were exhausted and it was unbearable hot by then.
Rome: We are doing the Best of Rome. Last time did jumping back into Eternal Rome. We like it but missed seeing the Sistine Chapel and wanted a closer look at the collisem.
Tunis: Medina and Carthage. Carthage was a must for my brother and mom and I wanted a chance to shop in the Medina
Malta: Mdina, Mosta and Shopping. Seemed like a good overview and some free time. Short day is also good
La Spezia: Florence and Michelangelo. Last time we went to Pisa. There is so much to see in both places I'm not sure I would try and see both unless you think this is the only chance you will get to see them.
VilleFrance: Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze. Did this last time and loved it. we may do this port of call on our own but if we do the excursion we will be skipping the guided tour of the palace in Monaco and of Eze to give us more time to shop.
Ajacco: Probable do this port on our own as none of the excursions appeal to us.

Sorry i wrote a novel just wanted to clarify why we chose these excursions.
Melissa
Old 08-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #73
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_29 View Post
Info for Website:
Cabin # 8532 1st time in concierge we are excited about this
Dining: Main seating
DCL Cruise #: 4
Yes or No to Fish Extender: Yes
People in our group: 3 all adults My mom: Nancy, my brother: Matthew and me Melissa
Thanks Melissa - I'll get this info added.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #74
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

melissa -- i appreciate your novel! i am just starting to research the ports, being clueless, and really want to hear folks opinions on the different excursions. I'm leaning towards booking with Disney now for the benefit of their photographer being along.

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #75
Karenj2
Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!

We haven't quite made the decision to go yet, but if I had my way we would do it! We're 99% sure we'll be going to Sweden next year to get a Volvo (through their overseas delivery program) and visit friends, and Volvo pays for airfare to & from wherever we want, so the only airfare we'd have to pay would be between Sweden & Spain.

If we do this it'd be with DH's family: MIL & FIL, and his brother, wife & their two kids (plus our DD who will be a bit over 1 at the time).

Hopefully I'll be able to post MY stateroom info sometime soon!
03/1983 wdw Poly | 03/1992? wdw Offsite | 03/1993 wdw Poly | 05/1996 wdw WL | 01/2001 wdw CS | 04/2001 dl day trip | 08/2002 dcl/wdw | 2003-2004 in Dec/Jan dl day trips w/ BIL | 9/2006 wdw PC | 8/2007 wdw PC | 8/2008 wdw AS Sports | 8/2009 wdw BC | 1/2011 wdw Poly, DH ran 1/2 marathon | 3/2012 wdw PC w/ friends | 2/2013 dl day trip| 9/2014 wdw AKV - Kidani w/ friends! 4 adults, 1 4yo and 2 sets of 1yo Twins! CRAZY!!

Karenj2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: