Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
perlster
DIS Veteran

Post 2010 promo information is here! "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day."

!! UPDATE !!

from the official Disney Parks blog:
the “Give a Day, Get a Disney Day” program has ended and guests may no longer register and sign up for projects to earn a free Disney theme park ticket

!! UPDATE !!
Questions About Volunteering

I already completed my sign up at DisneyParks.com and have committed to complete a volunteer activity through this site within the next 60 days. Will I still be able to receive a voucher for a free ticket to a U.S. Disney Theme Park?

Yes. If you already completed the signup process, including entering a specific day and time to volunteer, you will still be able to participate in the program. Once you complete your service, and your service has been verified, you can print a voucher for a free ticket. Please allow 2 weeks after your volunteer service to be verified for your voucher to be available at disneyparks.com. You can check the status of your verification by logging in to Manage My Account.

I searched for an opportunity, and was prompted to contact the organization to arrange a date and time to volunteer and then return to this website and proceed to sign up for this volunteer opportunity where you enter the date and time you agreed to volunteer. I've heard back from the organization and we agreed to a date and time to volunteer but I have not gone back to disneyparks.com to sign up yet — can I still sign-up and earn a ticket?

Sorry, but no. Only volunteers who completed their sign-up at DisneyParks.com by submitting a registration form with the specific date and time of their commitment before the program ended are eligible for the program. We hope you will still choose to volunteer with that organization and we appreciate your interest in the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program.

I had to cancel an opportunity I was already signed up for. I still want to volunteer and earn a ticket, but now I can no longer search and signup for a different opportunity. Can I still volunteer, signup and receive a ticket?

Sorry. Since the program has ended, you may no longer sign-up for future volunteer activities to earn a free Disney theme park ticket.

If the organization that I have committed to volunteer with on this website cancels an upcoming event, will I still have an opportunity to serve and still be eligible for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program?

The organization will notify volunteers who are participating in this program and have already committed to a future activity if a change is necessary. The organization can reschedule the activity to take place over the next 30 days. If you are unable to commit to the rescheduled date(s), you will no longer be eligible to participate in the program.

I understand that tickets are no longer available — but is there still a way to find volunteer opportunities in my area?

Yes. Although the program has ended and you can no longer earn a free Disney Theme Park ticket, HandsOn Network has volunteer action centers across the country and it connects volunteers to opportunities year-round. You can search for opportunities to make a difference in your community by visiting: www.handsonnetwork.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's an AP article.

This post is constantly updated as new or clarified information about the promotion comes in.

I strongly recommend that - unless you are already familiar with the particular activity - that you contact the organization for which you are volunteering before the day you are to volunteer. I have heard that the emails sent to you may contain the address of the headquarters of a group, rather than the actual site at which you need to go on you volunteering day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here the home of this promotion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you get all the way through, this is what you will see:

Volunteer Opportunity Portal
Congratulations! You have completed the sign-up process for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program. Here's what will happen next:

HandsOn Network will notify the verifying organization that you have made the commitment to volunteer for this opportunity.
HandsOn Network will send you a confirmation email that includes information about the opportunity you selected such as complete address, driving and parking directions, and contact information for the volunteer leader or organizational staff who will be facilitating your activity. If you contacted the organization prior to completing the sign up process, you should have already received many of these details.
The email will also contain a link to access your account. If for any reason you have to cancel or change your volunteer signup please remember to log-in and remove yourself from the opportunity, so another volunteer can take your place.
If you lose this email, or need to update your email address, please go to disneyparks.com and click on the link to the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program where you will be able to access your account.
After you have volunteered, the HandsOn Network will notify Disney of the successful completion of your volunteer service, and Disney will contact you with information about how to receive your voucher to redeem for a free theme park ticket. Most can expect to receive verified confirmation via email from Disney within 2 weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Within minutes of registering, I received an email message from do-not-reply@vop.handsonnetwork.org
Another message, basically a reminder of the upcoming service date, arrived a few days later. A "thank you" message arrived the day after the activity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another automated email message - the first from Disney (received Jan 3. - I registered on Jan. 1)

Thanks, perlster!

We’re so excited you've signed up to be part of our “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program*. There’s no better time to make a dream come true for others...or to let us make a few come true for you.

Here’s what’s left to do to get your FREE Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World theme park ticket:
• Complete your volunteer service. Or, if you need to edit or change the service, click here.
• Print the voucher we’ll email to you once your service is verified. Follow the instructions on the voucher to redeem it by December 15, 2010. Then enjoy! (Or you can donate your ticket to a designated organization.)

Remember...you need to complete your service when your volunteer date comes around to ensure you receive your FREE ticket to a Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Theme Park. And to make sure you keep getting these important updates from us, please make sure you add DisneyDestinations@email.MyDisneyParks.com! to your email address book

*Must preregister and sign up for eligible volunteer opportunity at disneyparks.com. Ticket quantities for this program are limited. Must be at least age 6 to participate. One ticket per person. Other terms and conditions apply. See disneyparks.com for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days after the activity, the email with the link to print the voucher came from disneydestinations@email.MyDisneyParks.com, with the subject "Your Free Disney Park Ticket is just a few clicks away!‏"

After logging in with the email and password combination used to register, you choose whether to donate or redeem the voucher. You are asked to enter a planned date for visiting, but you do not need to enter one in the drop-down menus to print the voucher. After clicking on the "PRINT VOLUNTEER VOUCHER(S)" button, you are prensented with "redeemed.pdf". What happens next may depend on what web browser you are using. I would save the PDF to the computer's hard disk and then print it. The voucher has your name printed at the top in very large capital letters and a picture of Donald Duck. There are two identical bar codes with numbers below them at the bottom right.

Thank you for volunteering! To redeem this voucher :
Present voucher and valid ID at any Main Entrance ticket booth. Valid ID is one of the
following : driver's license with photo, or a government-issued passport or photo ID. If
under age 18, you can instead bring an original or a copy of a birth certificate (school or
children security IDs not accepted).

Voucher is non-transferable, revocable, not for sale or resale, and is void if altered.
The Guest whose name is preprinted on this voucher must be present at time of
redemption.

One-day, 1-theme park ticket must be used on the same day as redemption. Ticket
is not valid for admission on February 13 - 14, March 21, June 21 - 22, July 4,
November 21, and December 11 - 12, 2010.

Instructions for Annual Passholders and multi-day ticket
holders redeeming voucher for an alternate option instead of
the 1-day, 1-theme park ticket.
Present your valid ID, this voucher, and your valid multi-day ticket or
Annual Pass to any Main Entrance ticket booth to redeem for a
Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange card.
To redeem your voucher for a Special Ear hat figurine with unique
trading pins, visit "Greetings from California" in Disney's California
Adventure® Park with valid ID, this voucher, and your multi-day
ticket or Annual Pass (if this location is closed, please visit any Main
Entrance ticket booth).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a helpful hint from LiseG: If you are have trouble finding enough or appropriate volunteering opportunities, look for the following in a blue box on the bottom of the page of search results. Follow the link, and you will be presented with the names and contact information of other groups in your area for which you can volunteer.

Not finding enough opportunities? Try broadening your search. Select ALL interest areas.

Click here for information for HandsOn Network partner organizations you can contact that will have additional qualifying opportunities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

special fastpasses available for AP & multi-day ticket holders (Hawleys reported receiving 3 of each):

Daisy's Favorites:
Autopia
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Grizzly River Run
Mulholland Madness

Donald's Favorites:
Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
California Screamin'
Soarin' Over California
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shamelessly copied from this page:

Program Terms & Conditions

* Receive free admission* to one of the theme parks of the Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort when you sign up and complete a day of volunteer service with a participating organization.
* You must sign up for eligible volunteer opportunities for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program through this site. Participation in volunteer activities outside of this sign up process does not qualify for a free ticket.
* Ticket quantities for this program are limited.
* One ticket per person, regardless of the number or hours of volunteer service completed.
* The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first.
* Eligible volunteer opportunities are located in the United States, including Puerto Rico, or Canada only and you must have a residence in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada to sign up.
* You must be at least 18 years of age to sign up, and you may sign-up up to a maximum of 8 additional members of your same household. Children must be at least 6 years of age to volunteer under this program and receive a theme park ticket. Children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult when volunteering. Other age restrictions may apply to certain eligible volunteer opportunities.
* Volunteer opportunities are posted a limited time in advance of the date of opportunity.
* Volunteer service must be verified.
* Once verified, you will receive an email with instructions on how to print a voucher to redeem for the free theme park ticket. Please print the voucher and present it at the designated will call ticket window at Walt Disney World® Resort or a ticket booth at the Disneyland® Resort, along with valid photo ID, to redeem for your free 1-day, 1-theme park ticket. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver’s License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.
* The theme park tickets distributed under this Program will not be valid for use on the following dates:
o For Walt Disney World® Resort: March 29 - April 8 and July 4, 2010
o For Disneyland® Resort: February 13-14, March 21, June 21-22, July 4, November 21, and December 11-12, 2010.
* Tickets are non-transferable.
* If you are an Annual Passholder or a multi-day ticket holder, you may choose from one of three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket. No cash refunds or credits will be provided. See the FAQs for full details.
* Vouchers must be redeemed for tickets or Passholder and multi-day ticket holder options, as applicable, by December 15, 2010. Theme park ticket must be used by December 15, 2010.
* The program’s eligible volunteer opportunities are made available solely by or through HandsOn Network (“HON”), Points of Light Institute and their affiliates. Disney is not affiliated with HandsOn Network, the Points of Light Institute or any of the volunteer opportunities available under this program, and shall not be liable for any damages, injuries, losses, claims or expenses of any kind resulting from the volunteer opportunitiesor any activities related thereto.
* Subject to these terms and conditions, tickets may be obtained under this program by (1) signing up for an eligible volunteer opportunity in 2010 at a participating organization from this site and completing such volunteer service, or (2) signing up with HON, with Southwest Airlines or though the Disney VoluntEARS program to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity, or (3) receiving and accepting an invitation from HON to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity.
* These Program Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.

General Questions

How does the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program work?

"Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." is a program that celebrates and inspires volunteerism. Disney is working with HandsOn Network to bring you amazing volunteer opportunities to which you can lend your much-needed services. As a way of thanking you for your good work, we'll give you a free ticket good for one day admission to a Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® theme park.

Starting January 1, 2010, you may sign up for the program from this site. As part of the sign up process, you will search and select from a list of eligible volunteer opportunities with participating organizations. After you sign up and complete your chosen volunteer activity, and the HandsOn Network has verified your service, you will receive an email from Disney prompting you to log in to your account and print a vouchers that may be redeemed for your free ticket to a Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® theme park.

What is HandsOn Network? What is Points of Light Institute?

HandsOn Network, the volunteer-focused arm of Points of Light Institute, is the largest volunteer network in the nation and includes more than 250 HandsOn Action Centers that reach more than 83% of the nation's population. These affiliates act as community hubs—places where people can get connected, get involved and make change happen in their communities. They focus on helping people plug into volunteer opportunities in their local community, helping nonprofit organizations manage volunteer resources, and developing the leadership capacity of volunteers.

What is Volunteer Canada?

Volunteer Canada is an International Partner of HandsOn Network which includes a network of volunteer centres and more than 161,000 nonprofit agencies across Canada all of which rely on volunteer efforts to accomplish their missions in their communities.

Since 1977, the organization has been committed to increasing and supporting volunteerism and civic participation through ongoing programs, special projects and national initiatives, by developing resources and by engaging in research and training across the country.

Who can participate in the program?

Eligible volunteer opportunities are located in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada only. Children must be at least 6 years of age to participate in the program and receive a ticket. Children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult when volunteering.

When does the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program end?

Ticket quantities for this program are limited. The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until all tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first.

How often can I volunteer to get a free ticket?

The program is limited to one ticket per person, regardless of the number of times you volunteer.

Which Disney Theme Parks are the free tickets valid for? Can I use it at a Disney Water Park?

If you plan to celebrate at the Disneyland® Resort, you can choose to redeem the voucher for a 1-day ticket to either Disneyland® Park or Disney's California Adventure® Park. If you plan to celebrate at Walt Disney World® Resort, you can redeem the voucher for a 1-day ticket to any of the following 4 theme parks: Magic Kingdom® theme park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® theme park, Epcot® or Disney's Hollywood Studios™ theme park. Tickets are not valid for admission to a Disney Water Park admission, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park or Disney's World Wide of Sports®Complex.

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport , is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:
o Disney's Special FASTPASS® cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party.†
o A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins‡
o Donate your free ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks:
* Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
* Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
* Dreams Take Flight Canada

†Participating attractions are subject to change. Valid theme park admission required. The number of Special FASTPASS® Cards is limited and may not be available after 11 a.m. All Guests in your party must be present to receive the Special FASTPASS® Cards.
‡ Available at select locations.
Valid ID and a valid Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® multi-day ticket, Seasonal Pass or Annual Pass or Passport along with the voucher will be required at the time of redemption. No cash refunds or credits will be provided to Passholders or multi-day ticket holders who participate in the "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day." program and choose not to redeem their certificate for admission or exchange it for a redemption alternative.

What if I have a vacation home in Florida, but live in the United Kingdom? Can I still participate?

Yes, you may participate in the program by completing service for an eligible volunteer opportunity in the United States , Puerto Rico or Canada. However, you must sign up for an eligible volunteer opportunity through this site and only individuals with a residence in the United States, Puerto Rico, or Canada can sign up on this site.

If my family volunteers together, does each family member get a free ticket? And can they all use their tickets on the same day?

As long as each family member signs up for and completes an eligible volunteer opportunity through the program, they may receive a free ticket. You can choose to redeem and use your tickets on the same day or on separate days. However, please remember that the minimum age to participate in the program is age 6 and that the free Disney theme park ticket is not valid for use on certain dates. See block-out dates for the free ticket.

Can I still get free admission to a US Disney theme park on my birthday?

No. Free admission to one of the theme parks of Walt Disney World® Resort or the Disneyland® Resort on your birthday ended on December 31, 2009.

Questions About Search and Sign Up

Are there any volunteer activities available for families with young children who may want to volunteer?

HandsOn Network has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available, including ones that are suitable for families. If you are unable to find a suitable opportunity immediately, check back often, as frequent updates are made to the site. When performing your search for a volunteer opportunity for families, you can also check the box that will only show opportunities that allow parents/guardians to bring volunteers under the age of 18.

Does the list of volunteer opportunities and participating organizations change or get updated?

Yes. HandsOn Network will update the list of volunteer opportunities with participating organizations as they become available.

Can I search for and select a volunteer opportunity outside the zip code in which I live?

Yes. When you enter your zip code at the time of your volunteer opportunity search, you will be presented with valid opportunities in and around your community. However, you may volunteer for any of the available opportunities that are listed by HandsOn Network within the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Simply enter the zip code around which you would like to see results.

How do I sign up for the program once I find a volunteer opportunity?

Once you find a volunteer opportunity through this site with the specific date and time that works best for you and your household, just click the opportunity to sign up.

I searched and found a volunteer opportunity or organization of interest through this site. However, I had to arrange some details including a date and time to volunteer directly with the organization. I have confirmed these details with the organization, but how do I now complete the sign up process for the program?

Please open the email you should have received from HandsOn Network regarding this volunteer opportunity or organization. Click on the enclosed link which will allow you to complete the sign-up process. Alternatively, you can search for the opportunity by entering the same criteria (zip code or city, state) you provided earlier, and locate the volunteer/opportunity or organization you had selected, and refer to the note at the end which will have a link that you can use to complete the sign-up process provided that you have confirmed a date and time to volunteer.

If I "expressed interest" with a volunteer opportunity and I have not heard back from the organization, what should I do?

The organization should respond within 5 days of your inquiry. If it has been more than 5 days, you can try re-contacting them directly by using the contact information located in the email you should have received from HandsOn Network. If you continue to have difficulties connecting with the organization, please call our Guest Call Center at (407) 827-5990 for assistance. And remember, you can always search for other volunteer opportunities to sign up for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program.

If I sign up directly with HandsOn Network through the HandsOn Network site (or www.handsonnetwork.org), am I automatically signed up for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program?[/COLOR]

No. To participate in the program and to be eligible to receive your free ticket, you must complete the sign up process through this site. As part of that process, you will be redirected to the HandsOn Network to commit to a volunteer activity.

Can I sign up for the program at the parks at the Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort?

No. You must sign up for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program online before volunteering with a participating organization.

Can I sign up my "group"? (e.g., my family, school, fraternity, office, etc.)

You may only sign up a maximum of 8 additional members of your household. If you would like to volunteer with friends, associates, or family members who are not a part of your household, each such person will have to sign up separately for the same eligible volunteer activity as long as volunteer spaces are available.

Can members of my household each volunteer for different opportunities?

Yes. However, keep in mind that any volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when they perform their volunteer service.

I am already registered as a volunteer with HandsOn Network. Do I need to sign up with Disney to participate?

Yes. To participate in the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program, you must sign up for an eligible volunteer opportunity through this site.

After I sign up for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." Program, how can I review my account information?

You can review your account information by visiting this site and logging on to "Manage Account."

Can I add someone to my household after I've already signed up?

Yes. Log on to your account from this site to add a volunteer from your household.

Can I change my email address?

Yes. Log on to your account from this site to change your email address.

How do I reset the password for my account or get a new one if I've lost it?

If you forget your password, you can reset the password. Click on the "Manage Account" link on this site and click on the Can't remember your password? link and follow the instructions provided by HandsOn Network to reset the password.

After I signed up for the program, I never received confirmation of my volunteer opportunity by email. What should I do next?

If you were signed up for the program as part of a household, please know that only the lead volunteer (the person who entered his or her information on the sign-up form) will receive confirmation emails. If you did not sign up as part of a household or if you are the lead volunteer and you have not received your confirmation emails, please check the spam folder in your inbox in case they have been misfiled. You can also view any volunteer activity online. Click Manage Account above to log on and view your volunteer project.

Questions About Volunteering

If I perform volunteer service prior to January 1, 2010, does that count?

No. Sign up for the program begins January 1, 2010. You must sign up from this site and complete your volunteer activity through HandsOn Network in order to participate in the program and obtain a free 1-day, 1-theme park ticket.

How many hours do I have to volunteer to get my free ticket? (A full day? / half-day?)

While there is no specific minimum number of hours, you must complete one of the eligible volunteer opportunities or projects available through the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program.

How can I find out if the organization I volunteer for is included in the program?

Volunteer opportunities are handled through HandsOn Network. Please check with the organization to see if participate in the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program through HandsOn Network. If you would like to search for a particular organization, you can narrow the results by typing in the zip code of the organization to see if it is listed. Also, at the bottom of the search page results, you can click on the link that says "Click here for information for HandsOn Network partner organizations you can contact that will have additional eligible opportunities." The results can be sorted by organization name.

I am a part of a non-profit organization. How does my organization become affiliated with HandsOn Network and participate in the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program?

For more information on partnering with HandsOn Network, please visit their website at http://www.handsonnetwork.org and click on the link for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program.

Can I change my volunteer opportunity?

Yes. You can change your selected volunteer opportunity by logging on to your account from this site.

What if I cannot complete the volunteer opportunity I signed up for?

If you cannot complete the volunteer opportunity you signed up for, please follow the link in the email you received from HandsOn Network, or log in to your account on this site. Once you click to view the project(s), and select the one you wish to remove yourself from, just uncheck your name and click submit. It's important to do this as early as possible so another volunteer can take your place. You can then search for and choose another volunteer opportunity.

Do all household members have to perform their activity in order for others to get their tickets?

No. Each individual who completes his or her volunteer opportunity and has had such service verified may receive a voucher for a free ticket, regardless of whether or not everyone else in the household has completed their service. However, please note that all verification notifications will be sent to the person designated as the lead volunteer for the household.

Questions About Volunteer Activity Verification

How does my volunteer service get verified? Who does the verification?

HandsOn Network will work with the specific organization you volunteered with to verify the completion of your service.

Can I check the status of my volunteer activity and verification process online?

Yes. You can log onto your account on this site to check the status of your volunteer activity.

How soon after I complete my volunteer service can I expect my service to be verified to receive a free ticket?

Most Guests can expect to receive verified confirmation via email from Disney within 2 weeks. You may receive a "thank you" communication from your volunteer organization before that time, but you will need to receive your certificate from Disney.

What do I do if I never receive notification of my verification of service?

Please allow up to 2 weeks for email verification for your activity from Disney. You can log on to your account from this site to check the status of your volunteer activity as well. If you have not received any communication or seen the status of your volunteer activity change after 2 weeks, please contact the Guest Call Center at (407) 827-5990. Please keep in mind that if you signed up for the program as part of a household, verification emails are sent to the lead volunteer.

Can you mail me my verification and voucher?

No. The system is set up to provide notification via email, and vouchers may only be accessed from your online account on this site. Please be sure that the lead volunteer in your household enters a valid email address at the time of sign up.

Can I have my volunteer activity verified at the Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort?

No. All guests who participate in the program will be notified by Disney by email when their volunteer project has been verified.

Questions About Redeeming Your Voucher

What do I need to bring to the theme park to redeem my voucher?

To redeem your ticket at a Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® theme park, you must bring a valid photo ID along with your certificate. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver's License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted. Please note that the Guest whose name is on the certificate must be present at the time of ticket redemption (for example, parents cannot redeem tickets for their children in their absence.)

What if I forget my child's proof of identification when I visit the theme park to redeem his or her voucher?

Unfortunately, a voucher cannot be redeemed without proof of identification for children or adults.

If the name on my voucher no longer matches my identification, how do I update my voucher?

Just bring proper documentation that shows the official name change to the name on your identification, along with your valid photo ID and voucher, to a Disney theme park at the time of redemption.

What if I don't have a printer to print my voucher?

Vouchers are accessed through your account on this site. You may print the voucher from any printer you have access to, including a friend's house or your local business center. You must have the printed voucher with you when you redeem it at a Disney theme park.

Can I give the free ticket to someone else?

The ticket is non-transferable so you may not give it to someone else, but you may donate your ticket to one of the following non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks through this site:

* Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
* Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
* Dreams Take Flight Canada

I printed out my voucher for a free ticket, but I am unable to make a trip to my chosen Disney Park to redeem my voucher before December 15, 2010. Can I donate it instead?

Yes. Please contact the Guest Call Center at 407-827-5990 for assistance.

When I selected a voucher for a ticket, I specified a destination (Walt Disney World® Resort or the Disneyland® Resort). Can I change my destination after printing my voucher?

Yes. Just bring the voucher you have printed to the Disney theme park you wish to visit to redeem for your free ticket. Please note that the destinations have different block-out dates.

Do I need to come in the month or on the day I told you, if my plans have changed?

No, the information was optional. If your plans have changed, feel free to come when it's convenient for you and on a date that is valid for use under the program terms. See block-out dates for the free ticket.

Is there an expiration date for my free theme park ticket?

Yes. December 15, 2010 is the last day that you may redeem your voucher for your free ticket. Once your voucher is redeemed for one day admission to an applicable Disney Park, your ticket will be valid only on the day of redemption.

Once I redeem my voucher for a theme park ticket, do I have to use the ticket that same day?

Yes, once you redeem your voucher for a 1-day, 1-theme park ticket, the ticket must be used by you that same day.

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

Can I use the free ticket to attend special events at a Disney Park (i.e. Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, etc.)

No. The tickets are only valid for theme park admission during normal Park operating hours and are not valid for any special events that require an additional fee.

When is my free Disney theme park ticket valid for use? Are there any dates I can't use my ticket?

Your voucher for a free ticket to enter one of the Disney Theme Parks may be redeemed through December 15, 2010, and must be redeemed and used on the same day. Please note, however, that on the following days, you will not be allowed to redeem your voucher for a free ticket:
o Walt Disney World® Resort: March 29 - April 8 and July 4, 2010
o The Disneyland® Resort: February 13-14, March 21, June 21-22, July 4, November 21, December 11-12, 2010.

Last edited by perlster; 04-17-2010 at 03:12 PM.
perlster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo! This is cool- I doubt there will be any 3 for 5 promos in June so this will work for us. I signed up and marked all categories lol.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
LuLusApple
DIS Veteran

Wow! Isn't that something.
Thanks for the post
that ought to clear up their troubles with crowding related to the free birthday tickets, birthday funcards etc. Lol
I hope they get a lot of volunteering from all this

MeDD13DD19DD22 DS23DS24DGD2
LuLusApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
glendalais
DIS Veteran

And just in case anyone's confused on this topic (it's on the FAQ, but note really emphasised)...

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will be continuing to ask our Guests What Will You Celebrate? and inviting them to come celebrate life's special moments at the Disneyland Resort in California, which will also be celebrating it's 55th Anniversary next year, and the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida in the new year.

However, the "Free On Your Birthday" promotion will be coming to a close on 31 December 2009. Unfortunately, it will not be available in 2010.

(Though, like everything else at Disney Parks, it's a fluid situation.)

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
debdreamsofdis
DIS Veteran

"As long as each family member signs up for and completes an eligible volunteer opportunity through the program, they may receive a free ticket. You can choose to redeem and use your tickets on the same day or on separate days. However, please remember that the minimum age to participate in the program is age 6 and that the free Disney theme park ticket is not valid for use on certain dates. See block-out dates for the free ticket."

This is soo much better than the free birthday promo, IMO. It provides so much more flexibility to actually use the tickets.

"Ticket quantities for this program are limited. The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until all tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first."

Looks like you want to do your volunteer work early!
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Now this is ~ M a g i c ~

I really really LOVE this program.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #7
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

Another great idea for Disney, helping out and get help to enjoy a great day at a great park.
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Your voucher for a free ticket to enter one of the Disney Theme Parks may be redeemed through December 15, 2010, and must be redeemed and used on the same day. Please note, however, that on the following days, you will not be allowed to redeem your voucher for a free ticket:
o The Disneyland® Resort:
February 13-14, (Pres. weekend...makes sense)
March 21,
June 21-22,
July 4, (obviously....)
November 21, (not TG)
December 11-12, 2010.

Hmm....what's going on these days to make the ticket in-valid???

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

This sounds like a wonderful programme - it is a shame I can't participate from the UK.
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)
cannp123165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Mom2micayla
DIS Veteran

Great idea! It's a win-win for everyone involved.

So at this point we don't know what organizations we can volunteer for, correct?

Mom2micayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

Totally love it. Just signed up for the email updates. And love that kids can do it too. My dd7 will LOVE this. She already volunteers her time helping homeless and donating her unwanted and outgrown things to children! AND she loves Disneyland what a great thing.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
aprincess@mail.com
Princess Angie

i agree what a wonderful program!
more flexibility with ticket usage as well.
overall great idea!!!
WDW Saratoga Springs Spa & Resort Suite June 2007
2008 & 2010 & 2012 Disneyland Season Pass Holder!!!
aprincess@mail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Just read about this on the AP and came here to share it. (hehe too late) Absolutely LOVE this program! Volunteering is so important - and so many need help at this time. It is great to see Disney taking corporate responsibility to a level that encourages their customer-based to give back! LOVE IT!

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

well I will be the first to say I do not like it. Well, I do, but I have a 4 year old. It will make no sence for me, DH and DS to be able to get in for the day and not her. I guess we could get FP, but we dont go at an overly busy time of the year. I could use them to upgrade to a multi day hopper, but I bet the price diff will be minimal compaired to the prepurchase vs ticket booth price (guess I will have to go look that up).
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #15
disneyfanforever
DIS Veteran

This is a great idea on Disney's part. It is a fantastic way to get people volunteering.

We are thinking of going to Disneyland in June. I am wondering why the blackout days of June 21-22 are there. What's going on those dates? Do we need to avoid the park due to some big crowded event?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: