Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #31
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Great start! I'll be reading along. So cool we got to meet at DHS!!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #32
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Isn't she adorable?! I hope my kids are that cute. We laughed so hard when she said his name was Richard. Nice leotard, Richard! Yeah, I agree--you should just move to Texas!! I really do love it there, and hope we can move back someday. The DFW area is awesome! I know...I've only had a Target 7 years of my life But those 7 years spoiled me. I have a little Cannon PowerShot SD1000 Digital Elph. I love it. In my opinion, it's the best little compact camera out there. The color is really great. I've had this one for almost 2 years.
I have been thinking about Texas for YEARS!! Everyone thinks I've been there and love it because I have it tattooed on my back! But I've never been! Brandt is the one who first put it in my mind. His nickname here was "Tex" lol. And I even have a best friend living down there now and I just really want to!!

You need to quickly move back to another Target! Its so great. I love it there. We have a Target and Walmart side by side and it just works out. We have it all at that little area!

I'll have to look into that camera! How does it do with taking video? The one I have now doesn't record sound with the video which is terrible when I want to get a video of Landon laughing. I actually have a digital camcorder too but it won't charge and I can't get the videos I have off of it and on to my computer! Its sad!
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #33
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you started your TR

A is the cutest little girl and I am sooo jealous that they didn't have the Disney Pretty Princess when I was a kid

Can't wait to read more and see what your thoughts on AKL are since we just stayed there as well.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #34
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can't wait to write all about it!! I know--I looked for you too, but I guess our paths just never crossed. If you're not going to write a TR, what was your highlight? Your favorite meal? Something everyone should do next time?
Oh boy I don't even know where to start. We had so many highlights. I would say watching Wishes from our table at Ohana's. We lucked out and got a table right by the window. Also, staying at the beach clubs was just wonderful. The pool was awesome and I loved how it was just a short walk to Epcot and boat ride/walk to DHS. And also getting to go to MNSSHP! That was so fun! We didn't dress up but we had so much fun. It was a last minute thing. My favorite meal was probably at Tutto Italia. The atmosphere in their alone was wonderful and the food was delicious. HMM, for something everyone should do next time...I would say if you go during fall go to MNSSHP! I can't wait to hear about your tour you took. We might do that next time. After this trip are you planning any future trips?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #35
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparKeLLy View Post
Love your report so far and glad to know I'm not the only one that plans their outfits lol.
I also have to agree the Canon Digital Elphs are the best!
Hi! Thanks for reading!! I don't know if I could make it without planning my outfits--I even plan them out for 2 day trips! It's by far my favorite compact camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Great start! I'll be reading along. So cool we got to meet at DHS!!
Hi Jenny! Thanks for reading! Have you started yours yet? I'll have to go look to see if you've updated... I KNOW!!! It was so cool to run into you and Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I have been thinking about Texas for YEARS!! Everyone thinks I've been there and love it because I have it tattooed on my back! But I've never been! Brandt is the one who first put it in my mind. His nickname here was "Tex" lol. And I even have a best friend living down there now and I just really want to!!

You need to quickly move back to another Target! Its so great. I love it there. We have a Target and Walmart side by side and it just works out. We have it all at that little area!

I'll have to look into that camera! How does it do with taking video? The one I have now doesn't record sound with the video which is terrible when I want to get a video of Landon laughing. I actually have a digital camcorder too but it won't charge and I can't get the videos I have off of it and on to my computer! Its sad!
Texas is awesome--you really should look into it! Or Oklahoma I know--I miss Target a lot!!! I think it's funny that a lot of Targets and Wal-Marts are right by each other... The camera is awesome!! The video has sound. It's not the absolute greatest quality of videos, but it's the best (in my opinion) for videos on a camera (instead of a video camera). I'll post some video from it on here, so you can see what it's like. Does your digital camcorder have a memory card? Because you could just stick that in your computer But definitely look into the Cannon. I love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you started your TR

A is the cutest little girl and I am sooo jealous that they didn't have the Disney Pretty Princess when I was a kid

Can't wait to read more and see what your thoughts on AKL are since we just stayed there as well.
Hi!!! Thanks for reading! I'm glad I finally started it too--I'm excited to talk about everything and re-live the trip! Haha--me too! I would have loved Pretty Pretty Disney Princess I can tell you now that we absolutely LOVED it! We want to move back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
Oh boy I don't even know where to start. We had so many highlights. I would say watching Wishes from our table at Ohana's. We lucked out and got a table right by the window. Also, staying at the beach clubs was just wonderful. The pool was awesome and I loved how it was just a short walk to Epcot and boat ride/walk to DHS. And also getting to go to MNSSHP! That was so fun! We didn't dress up but we had so much fun. It was a last minute thing. My favorite meal was probably at Tutto Italia. The atmosphere in their alone was wonderful and the food was delicious. HMM, for something everyone should do next time...I would say if you go during fall go to MNSSHP! I can't wait to hear about your tour you took. We might do that next time. After this trip are you planning any future trips?
Aw! It sounds like you had a great trip! That is so awesome that you had such a good view of Wishes! I really want to visit the Beach Club...It looks so pretty in pictures. Isn't MNSSHP so cute?! I did it in 06 and loved it. But I knew it wouldn't be a big deal for Michael, so we'll wait til we have kids. Did you get to meet any of the villains? Ooh--I haven't heard much about Tutto Italia--we might have to try it next time. What did you get? I can't wait to tell all about the tour!!!! And YES we're planning more trips! Are you?

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #36
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Jenny! Thanks for reading! Have you started yours yet? I'll have to go look to see if you've updated... I KNOW!!! It was so cool to run into you and Joe
I haven't started my TR yet. I actually just ordered a new computer so I'm waiting for that to come in until I start it. It'll be a couple weeks.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #37
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

awww great post! I am so jealous about that frozen yogurt place! Although, maybe it's a good thing there isn't one of those near us. It looks like your vacation was off to a great start! I can't wait for my DD to get a little older so i can start playing all of those games with her!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #38
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I haven't started my TR yet. I actually just ordered a new computer so I'm waiting for that to come in until I start it. It'll be a couple weeks.
Well, I'll be checking your PTR for when you do start! Good luck with getting your computer in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
awww great post! I am so jealous about that frozen yogurt place! Although, maybe it's a good thing there isn't one of those near us. It looks like your vacation was off to a great start! I can't wait for my DD to get a little older so i can start playing all of those games with her!
Thanks! I'm upset that we don't have one here!! Yeah, they say frozen yogurt isn't bad for you, but if I ate it every day, I'm sure it wouldn't be GOOD It was a great start!! I bet! I can't wait until we have a little girl so I can play all those games too!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 10-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #39
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Flight to Orlando and DME!

“Woo-Hoo!!! Today’s the day we’re going to Disney!!!”

This thought running through our heads was probably the reason we woke up at 3:50 and couldn’t go back to sleep. We were just too stinking excited!!

We finally got up at 5:00 right before our alarm went off (so we didn’t wake everyone up for no reason). We got ready really quickly and made sure all of our liquids were in quart-sized ziplocks before we headed out the door at 5:45. Oh—and let me say here that my aunt is a saint for getting up and driving us to the airport this early in the morning!

We arrived at the airport at 6:10 for our 7:45 flight.

It was so funny walking into the airport just the two of us. I don’t know why, but we really got a kick out of this… I don’t know if it felt like we were breaking rules or that we were little kids traveling without Mommy and Daddy, but we laughed a lot! What made it even more funny was the fact that we had NO CLUE where we were going.

After walking around and looking for the Airtran check-in desk, we finally had to ask someone where to go. We felt like little 12 year olds: “Excuse me, sir. Where is the Airtran check-in?” After he told us, and we headed back out the door, we kept joking around and saying things like, “Excuse me, sir. Where is the potty?” and “Excuse me, sir. Is this the airport?” and “Excuse me, sir. Where is my airplane?”

I know. We’re weird. But it was really early…and this was our first flight together…and we were just way too excited about Disney World…

We finally found the Airtran check-in desk. At this point, it was around 6:20. We didn’t know which line to get in (online check-in or full service) so we got in the shorter one—online check-in. While we were in line, they called out for 7:00 flights to Orlando. About half of the people raised their hands. I couldn’t believe it!! It was 6:30, and people still didn’t have their boarding passes!

We got to the front of the online check-in line, and they told us they couldn’t help us yet because they had to handle all of the 7:00 people first. I asked if we were even in the right line, and she told me that this was for people who checked in online earlier and only needed to check a bag. Oops. Not us.

It didn’t bother us that we had to go get in the longer line because we couldn’t be helped until the 7:00 people were anyway. When I got into the full service line, I noticed a lady with my same VB Hipster. Then I looked and saw that they had DME tags for AKL!! What a coincidence! I pointed this out and we visited for a little while in line. It turns out that she and her husband had both been to Disney as kids, but their kids (a baby girl, a little girl around 6 years old, and a little boy around 7 years old) had never been. **Remember these people—it’s not the last time we’ll run into them**

Let me also point out that at this point it was after 6:30. And there were still a TON of people who had 7:00 flights in line. They finally called for the last call to Orlando and these people were still in line. Stinks to be them. But honestly, I really didn’t feel sorry for them. I mean, everyone should know that you have to get to the airport early. You can’t show up 45 minutes early anymore!

Oh—and our bag was only 48 lbs! We didn’t have to pay extra!

We finally made it through check-in and security by 7:10. We found our gate, and I sat down for a little bit while Michael went to find us some breakfast. When he came back, they had just called our section for boarding.

We boarded the plane (with bacon, egg, and cheese croissants in hand) and buckled up for take-off.

We ate our breakfast while we waited for everyone else to board, and at 7:45 (right on time) we took off!!

Check out this gorgeous sunrise:

I think it’s safe to say we were just a little excited!

Goodbye, Dallas!

Don’t you just love it when you start to fly higher than the clouds?! These were pretty little cotton clouds:

We planned on sleeping on the plane, but we were way too excited! We played cards (I beat Michael in Old Maid—woo-hoo!), Soliare (on the computer), and listened to XM radio (courtesy of Airtran). In no time at all, we were instructed to fasten our safety belts and prepare for the landing.

Hello, Orlando!

Continued

Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #40
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Flight to Orlando and DME

Continued from Previous

It was an excellent flight! We were very, very impressed with Airtran. For those of you that didn’t know/remember, I was pretty nervous about flying with them since I’d never even heard of them before. But if they have the lowest fares again, we’ll fly Airtran in a heartbeat!

We landed a little ahead of schedule. We were supposed to land at 11:13, and we landed a little before 11:00 instead.

Yay!! We’re pulling into the gate! I’m happy to see you, MCO!

As much as we would have loved to push everyone over so we could run off the plane and get to Disney’s Magical Express, we waited for almost everyone to get off.

Here we are all excited to be exiting the plane:

We found the “monorail” with no problem,

and look what greeted us when we got on:

Our first Mickey of the trip!!!

Pretty soon, we headed down the escalators and saw this:

And this:

I’m so thankful we had our vouchers with us so we didn’t have to wait in yet another line.

YAY!!! This is where we’re going!

We got in line and we were two families away from getting on the first bus. Oh well, this way we knew we’d get good seats! Our bus came at 11:45, and we got the very front seats on the passenger side!!

Our driver was Richard, and he was excellent.

Before long, we saw this:

Oh my goodness, we’re actually here!!!!

We went to Coronado Springs first, and then we saw the road sign for our resort!

Michael, what is it?

YAY!!! The welcome gate!!

And FINALLY, we saw this:

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!!!! Our Disney Vacation has officially started!

Up Next:
Oh. My. Goodness. We get to stay here?!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #41
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

You guys look like you are having so much fun!!! Can't wait to see more!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #42
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading more! Can't wait to see the pictures of AKL!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #43
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Love the update!!! HOW EXCITING!!!! Can't to read more, especially about renting DVC points. We are thinking about doing this next Christmas and would love to hear a first hand experience.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #44
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I am loving your TR! You two look so excited and it's putting a smile on my face. It's like I'm right there with you two!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #45
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Ahh, y'all are so freakin' cute!! I love the pictures, especially the one of y'all exiting the plane and the one of the watch marking the time y'all landed. Very good idea!

Quote:
[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]

After walking around and looking for the Airtran check-in desk, we finally had to ask someone where to go. We felt like little 12 year olds: “Excuse me, sir. Where is the Airtran check-in?” After he told us, and we headed back out the door, we kept joking around and saying things like, “Excuse me, sir. Where is the potty?” and “Excuse me, sir. Is this the airport?” and “Excuse me, sir. Where is my airplane?”

DH and I get like this with each other sometimes, especially when we are traveling! Of course, he usually knows more about airports than me (especially the New Orleans airport since he has flown out of there so many times), and he just kind of laughs at me because I get SO nervous at the airport! I'm always afraid something won't make it through security, or I'll lose my boarding pass (I check my bag for it about 1,253 times to make sure it's still there), or that we'll get on the plane and some other people will be sitting in our seat! None of that has ever happened, but I think I stress him out at the airport just a little. So usually the goofiness emerges when we have reached our destination, not at the airports!

I'm getting so excited just reading all this! I can't wait to see pics of the resort! I think it's one we may try to visit when resort hopping our first day to check out the decorations (well, AKL anyway, probably not the DVC parts).
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: