Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #376
Cinderella94
now and then i have to remind myself how extremely hot it gets in those things
Why do all of those sound like they could've come out of my mouth

I know I'm coming in late...but I caught myself up! I LOOOOVE reading your TR, can't wait for more!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #377
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

"Good Mornin" is from "Singin' in the Rain". It is one of my all time favorite movies and that is one of my favorite scenes!!! I sing it to Madison all the time when I wake her up.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #378
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella94 View Post
I know I'm coming in late...but I caught myself up! I LOOOOVE reading your TR, can't wait for more!
Welcome!! Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
"Good Mornin" is from "Singin' in the Rain". It is one of my all time favorite movies and that is one of my favorite scenes!!! I sing it to Madison all the time when I wake her up.
Thanks! I've actually seen "Singin' in the Rain" once, but I didn't remember that song being in it. I'll have to re-watch it! Aw--that's so great!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 11-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #379
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Magic Kingdom Morning

Before I start this update, I want to tell you that we still constantly talk about Disney World. We were sitting in church on Sunday and the pastor was going through all of these things for us to think about (like 3 things you’re thankful for your family for, the last really good meal you ate, etc.), he said “the three best memories you have with your spouse from this past year” and both of us leaned over and whispered “Disney” at the same time. That’s why I love Disney World. It’s a place where lifelong memories can be made. And I’m so thankful that I was able to experience it with my wonderful husband.

Anyway, on to the Trip Report! Let me first apologize for the Magic Kingdom teaser. I know it’s mean to conclude right before we got into the park, but I have a good excuse! I was going out of town, and I didn’t have time to write any more than that. So I knew it was either write a short teaser, or not write at all. I chose the former. That being said, when I last left you, we had just finished watching the most incredible Rope Drop show at Disney World—Magic Kingdom!! Now we were on our way into the park!

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning, and we enjoyed walking down Main Street and taking in the great decorations.

This CM was so sweet! I don’t know what it is, but I have such a soft spot for older people. This man was so great—you could tell he absolutely loved his job! Michael and I have decided we want to retire and work at Disney World!

Since I’d never been to a MK rope drop before, I didn’t know that there was the show and then each section of the park had a different “rope drop”. This turned out great, because we realized we had lots of time before the rope actually dropped. So what did we do? Take Photopass Pics, of course!

Can you tell we’re just a LITTLE happy to be here?!

We loved being able to just walk towards the Castle and have so many great PPPic opportunities! And by this time, we’d pretty much decided to buy the CD, so we really took advantage of it.

When we saw it was getting closer to time to open the park, we headed towards the Tomorrowland rope. There really weren’t many people at all waiting for this one since Space Mountain was down. But we had an appointment to help Buzz defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg!

When the Tomorrowland rope dropped, we got two FPs for Buzz for later, and then headed into an empty queue area.

Even though it was a walk-through, we took some time to take some pics of the star of the ride:

We were ready!

Even though I was ahead for a while, Michael came back and more than doubled my score!

Oh—and did you see his score? 234567. How fun is that?!

I’m regretting not getting our ride photo, but those things are just so expensive! I really like it, though!

Continued

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 11-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #380
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Magic Kingdom Morning (cont)

Continued from previous

We exited Tomorrowland,

And headed towards Fantasyland via the Tea Party. Even though we can’t ride this (we just DON’T do spinning stuff), I love the look of it!

For our second ride of the day, we walked right on to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!

Ah, so nice to not have to wait more than a couple of minutes to board our Hunny Pot!

SUCH a cute ride! We both loved it—especially the bouncing part. Again, we loved all of the detail.

We exited Pooh to a CRAM PACKED Fantasyland. Where did all these people come from?!

Just kidding! It was practically empty!

I just love the little shops in Fantasyland.

Next up: Peter Pan’s Flight!

There was a 0 wait time for this one too, and we loved it as well! I tried to take pictures, but since we couldn’t use our flashes, they didn’t turn out. I think my favorite scene is flying over London. SO pretty!

I thought this was a unique view of the castle:

Continued

Old 11-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #381
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 4: Magic Kingdom Morning (cont)

Continued from previous

We walked over to Snow White’s Scary Adventure next. Another 0 minute wait!

This ride is just ok in our opinion. It’s good, but nothing special. But that’s just us.

Our next stop was Cinderella’s Carousel! I wanted to ride this, but I’d promised Michael in advance that we wouldn’t if the wait was long. Well…we were some of the first in line for the next ride!

And I got Cindy’s horse!!

My husband is silly.

I guess this is the only fitting pose for riding the carousel—I captured it before and after the ride started!

When we left, Michael tried to pull the sword out of the stone,

But it wouldn’t budge. Oh well. He looks “the part”.

Oh, and let me mention that it wasn’t even 10:00 yet, and we’d already accomplished SO much!

After our horsie ride, it was time for one of my top attractions in all of Magic Kingdom: Mickey’s Philharmagic!!! I knew that Michael would love this show (who doesn’t?!), but I also knew it was hard to explain how great it is until someone just sees for themselves.

Woo-Hoo! It’s our show! Michael’s never seen The Three Caballeros, but I’ve told him it’s our three nationalities.

We waited about 5 minutes in the “holding room”, but we entertained ourselves with some pictures and then took a seat on the floor.

I just love the stage in this. It’s so elegant looking!

WOW! What a great show!!! Michael left deciding that it’s his favorite 3-D show ever, and one of his very top attractions in all of Disney World! I knew he’d love it!! His favorite thing is how they weaved in all of the great classics from our day. And we both loved all of the great music and effects. It’s the best!

Up Next:

Another first for both of us!
I can’t believe how fast we’ve finished this!
An un-planned lunch and break

Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #382
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

WOW!!! You guys are flying through Fantasyland!!! How fab!!!
Buzz looks awesome. You guys looked SO serious in the pic. haha
Pooh is a family favorite of ours as well. SO cute. Also, how do you know that it is Cindy's horse? So interested in that. I will have to tell my daughter.

Dying to know what you do next
Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #383
hkrox
If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come trueHello Kitty is AWESOME
Love the life you live, Live the life you love

Wow you guys got to do a lot in Fantasyland really quickly. I love Fantasyland because it really is all of the Disney magic in one little place. A bunch of the rides that are based off of the classic movies are there and that makes it all the more magical. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

The Place Where Your Dreams Come True
Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #384
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

wow! I can't believe how fast you breezed through Fantasyland! I think we will definitely have to pick a less crowded time for our next visit. I love the view of the back of the castle. Sometimes that's the only place I can get a good shot of the castle without a ton of people in the background. I always love the feeling of MK. It's so magical! Can't wait to hear if the rest of your day flies by too! At this pace, you'll be able to hit all the major attractions in one day!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #385
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Whoa! I love 0 wait times! You guys got a lot done in a short amount of time!

Aw..that older CM is so cute! He definately looks like he's having the time of his life there!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #386
disney_teen
Mouseketeer

Wow! It sounds like such an awesome way to start the day. I have to ask though...what type of camera do you have because the pictures turn out so well and the colors of the front entrance and Main Street are so pretty. Sorry...Just had to ask.

Anyway i have been reading for a while and just wanted to say how much I have been enjoying it. Haha. Your exactly how I picture myself when I grow up. I love the little kid rides and old people . I cant wait to read more!

A Disney Teen's Trip Report:
Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #387
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

haha, love your update. you guys are so goofy (in a good way!) it's nice when it's so quiet you don't spend all your time waiting so you can take lots of photos.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #388
Cinderella94
now and then i have to remind myself how extremely hot it gets in those things
Why do all of those sound like they could've come out of my mouth

WOW! You guys really proved that rope drop is worth it! You guys are so cute, & you can tell how much fun you had! :.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #389
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I loved the pics of you both in front of the castle - esp the black and white one And the one with Michael attempting to pull the sword out of the stone - that definitely is a classic!

I want to take this opportunity to wish you and everyone here on the Disboards a wonderful happy Thanksgiving!! We all do have so much to be thankful for even if times may be a little tough right now for some of us (I just recently got a raise that I've been waiting for 1 1/2 yrs for plus a small pre-Christmas bonus PLUS I got to speak to my son in California last night for 2 hours so I am definitely thankful!)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 11-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #390
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Philarmagic is the best. We always see it at least 2 or 3 times during trips.

I always look so serious in my Buzz photos. That ride is so random though. Sometimes I do really well and other times I'm awful!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: