Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Horseless Headman and Evil Squirrels Are Out To Get Us! April TR

Big Disney Welcome to everyone

I'm Nina and this was my 23th time going to WDW. I've been putting off writing my trip report, mostly from forgetfulness and a bit of laziness. So, here I am! I'll be posting LOTS of pics! We always take hundreds of pics and buy the photopass cd.

My parents have been taking me to WDW since I was a 1-year old. I spent my 1st birthday there, and I plan on doing the same for my kids. Speaking of kids, my husband and I are expecting our first child in January! We're very excited. And not to get too personal, but it's definitely a Disney baby as it was *ahem* conceive there on this trip. When the doctor told me the date, I looked at my friend who was with me and we gave each other thumbs up. LOL! If it's a girl, I'm theming (as best I can) the room in Alice in Wonderland. If it's a boy, the room will be Pirates theme! But it will have a bunch of other Disney stuff decorating it too.

Cast of Characters

Me, 28

Anthony, 29 - my husband. This was his second trip to WDW, and first trip there with me. Sadly, he didn't have the best time. It felt like everything I had raved on didn't work out - like something was trying to keep my husband from having a good time there! He also had sticker shock from the prices of the food. He said he's not going back for like another 10 years. GRR!

Dad, 52 - My Dad has a mission on every WDW trip to talk to CMs, get their autographs, and take a pic with them. He does this to show the CMs that they are appreciated and special. He's had so many people shocked and some of them cried when he tells them about his mission. We've made many Disney friends this way!

Mom, 51 - WDW really is the happiest place on earth to her! She is a big Tinker Bell freak.

Alicia, 25 - my best friend. She lives a hour north of WDW and is as big a Disney fan as me!

Sandy, 50 - Alicia's kooky mom! There's never a dull moment when Sandy is around...trust me

We stayed at the beautiful Port Orleans Riverside. This is our "home" resort. We've stayed there 10 times since 1993. It had been four years since we were at Riverside. Prices were so high there that Pop Century became our second "home" resort for those few years. But this time there was a great deal going on and we were able to go back to Riverside!

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
Old 07-24-2010, 03:42 AM   #2
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

I am in! I love the childless TRs. I find I can relate to the more since I have no kids.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
I am in! I love the childless TRs. I find I can relate to the more since I have no kids.
AWESOME! Thanks for stopping in for a read More to come soon!

Old 07-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Our day started out at 2:30 A.M. Yes, my folks are kooky crazy. My husband packed my truck and we were off to my folks house which is about 15 minutes away. The day before we went to Gulfport to get a rental car. They promised a SUV, but instead we got a SUV/van hybrid. It was not very big. Ahhhhh. But somehow my dad fit everything in the tiny cargo area.

It was pouring down rain by the time we left at 4 a.m. Very fun getting in the car and then having to open the gate (my folks have a fenced in 5 acre yard) and lock it after closing it. My poor dad was soaked. My husband volunteered to drive the whole way there even though there were 4 liscened drivers in the car

It takes about 9 hours to get to WDW from where we live in Mississippi. And if we didn't stop, it'd take less than that! Not stopping is definitely not an option though. I think we stopped to get gas once before we actuallt stopped for breakfast at a Hardees.

It's always an odd feeling when you go into a fast food place at 6 a.m. It's so empty and all you hear are the sounds of employees cooking. We ordered and it was probably the most blah breakfast I've ever had. The tater tots tasted like fish. Wha? Were they frying them in the same fryer as a fish sandwich? lol.

But we had very interesting conversation while eating that icky food. Me and my folks were talking about the last WDW trip where we went to the MNSSHP. I said something about the Headless Horseman. My folks were laughing and my husband said, "Watch what you're saying" and I was wondering why. I said Horseless Headman TWICE before I realized the verbo!

Anyways, we got back on the road again and I broke out the camera...finally!

I have never seen a mileage thing with that few miles on it and I probably never will again!

DON'T TAKE MY PIT'CHA!!!

He is always like that.

I broke out Puss in Boots for a photo op. During our 11/08 trip, Puss took over WDW. I thought he'd want to come along for another trip, though he didn't get to do as much and Donald Duck hung him my his tail, which Puss did not appreciate!

The rest of the drive was uneventful. Just the same ole' scenary we always see and the drive between Penscola to Lake City is so boring! At least we didn't get lost in Tallehasse this time.

Of course, we started to get excited when we saw the signs for Disney!!! Then I saw the familiar miniature gulf place on the exit and knew we were there! We checked into the Comfort Inn for the first night since it was Saturday and Disney is higher on weekends. After checking in, we rested and got ready to go resort hop!

The most awesome sign in the world!

I enjoy the drive into WDW seeing all the non-Disney hotels. The one that use to be Buena Vista Palace is special to us, because that's where we stayed a few times when I was little. Then you see Downtown Disney and can't wait to go shopping.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I agree with you about the drive from P-cola to Lake City. I used to live in Pensacola and have driven east from there several times. There is just nothing out there!

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Joining in, since we're also expecting our first child in January, and were there not long before you were. And not long after. And we leave again for Disney on Tuesday. We might be Disney nuts, too... although ***ahem*** our baby isn't lucky enough to have been conceived there!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Joining in, since we're also expecting our first child in January, and were there not long before you were. And not long after. And we leave again for Disney on Tuesday. We might be Disney nuts, too... although ***ahem*** our baby isn't lucky enough to have been conceived there!
How cool! What day is your due date? Mine is January 19th. I can totally relate to being a Disney nut

Old 07-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm in.

Congratulations!

Amy
Old 07-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #10
trinaweena
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Congrats on your wonderful news!
July 2009 Wilderness Lodge
July 2010 Animal Kindgdom Lodge
May 2012 1st cruise on the magic plus 4 days in WDW!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
misaamane1989
Earning My Ears

Nice photos coneygoil!! Im so jealous to you.. =( I wish i could go to Disney..
I want to see all the cast of Shrek movie..
Old 07-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #12
Dug-says-HI-THERE!
SQUIRREL !!!!

I'm in....congrats on your little bundle of DISNEY joy!!! Can't wait to read more....

My next DISNEY adventure: UNKNOWN, cause we're EXPECTING!! APRIL 2011
1996 - WL:2000 - BWV:2001 - OKW:2005 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite):2005 - POFQ:Dec 2007 - BWV
Our DVC Home:
Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
How cool! What day is your due date? Mine is January 19th. I can totally relate to being a Disney nut
I'm due the 17th... are you going to find out what you're having? We're still undecided, but leaning towards finding out...
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 07-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
I'm due the 17th... are you going to find out what you're having? We're still undecided, but leaning towards finding out...
Our due dates are so close! Yeah, we've been counting down the days until we find out. My mother-in-law would go crazy if we don't find out what it is I can't wait either since I want to start buying stuff. We're getting the 3-D ultrasound to make sure what it will be.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: