Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Gift baskets for kids before the trip?!

My niece and nephew are going to WDW! I saw some really great stuff on sale at the Disney store near me and decided I want to make baskets/bags for them to take on the drive down. I just need a few more things so if you have any ideas or suggestions for a 2 1/2 year girl old and a 6 year old boy that would be awesome! Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
babybaja2
Mouseketeer

you can get $1 packs of glow sticks (braclets) at Michael's, one or two in the baskets, save the rest to hand out in the evening to distract from the vendors peddling expensive glow toys!

Snacks are always good, however, you didn't mention if you have experience with/or kids of your own (I'm leaning towards no, since you are asking for help! ) so, try to stay away from snacks that will be sticky or will melt (like to much chocolate) - of course that depends on how much you like the parents of the kids, I would sometimes intentionally give messy snacks to my nieces just to drive my sister crazy (I would also buy toys that made noise )

If you like your sibling, stay away from toys with lots of pieces, hotwheels are always good (better yet, get the "Cars" models)

Also, not for in car, but I always pack small bottles of bubbles for when the wait in lines gets too long for little people... I take them even when my own kids aren't with me.. bubbles make everyone happy.. even other people's whining kids
babybaja2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
babybaja2
Mouseketeer

Oh! Also a Disney CD to listen to on the ride would be good!
babybaja2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybaja2 View Post
you can get $1 packs of glow sticks (braclets) at Michael's, one or two in the baskets, save the rest to hand out in the evening to distract from the vendors peddling expensive glow toys!

Snacks are always good, however, you didn't mention if you have experience with/or kids of your own (I'm leaning towards no, since you are asking for help! ) so, try to stay away from snacks that will be sticky or will melt (like to much chocolate) - of course that depends on how much you like the parents of the kids, I would sometimes intentionally give messy snacks to my nieces just to drive my sister crazy (I would also buy toys that made noise )

If you like your sibling, stay away from toys with lots of pieces, hotwheels are always good (better yet, get the "Cars" models)

Also, not for in car, but I always pack small bottles of bubbles for when the wait in lines gets too long for little people... I take them even when my own kids aren't with me.. bubbles make everyone happy.. even other people's whining kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybaja2 View Post
Oh! Also a Disney CD to listen to on the ride would be good!
Nope I do not have kids of my own...maybe someday! Thanks for your ideas - they were great!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
MissAndrea
Mouseketeer

If you have a dollar tree in your area, go there! They have a lot of random Disney stuff! And the best thing is- Everything is a dollar! They have glowsticks there as well!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
eeoconne
Earning My Ears

I made goody bags for my boys for the airplane. I will be giving the bags to them the morning we leave. I got some great Disney Crayons and Coloring books at the dollar tree. I also saw some cute winnie the pooh, tigger, etc. little figurines. That might be great for the 2 and 1/2 year old.
I got them each a little Disney stuffed animal from the Disney store.
They have fruit snacks that are Disney characters, Nemo, Mickey Mouse Club House, Princess. I also got them little sticker books from the book store. They can color and use sticker in these books.
The Dollar Tree also has winnie the pooh hard cover books to look at or read in the car.
Hope this helps. Very sweet that you are making gift bags. They will love them!!!
eeoconne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Thanks!! Ill try to find a dollar tree..sounds like they have a lot!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: