Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Nicki & Todd are at it again, F&W style, snacking & drinking oh my! LIVE Tonight!!

Hi all! Welcome to the fall edition, the celebrate my b-day early edition, the F&W lets eat it all edition of the Nicki and Todd dining show!

For those of you that know us..WELCOME BACK!! For those who do not let me introduce us...We are a fun couple, ok, well WE think we are so ha ha! Just a couple of DINKS that love Disney and being together and relaxing, eating and drinking!

Me - hitting the big 37 in 3 weeks and yeah, I am a bit freaked out but I dont look or act like it so I can deal. Will eat anything except sushi but I may try it one of these days...just not today . A bit of a Disney addict, ok alot of a Disney addict! Very confused as to why DH looks at me like this when I bring up the "D" word (dining not Disney). Love me some Starbucks and cannot bring myself to drink the swill they call coffee (NESCRAPE) that they have at WDW. Picture taker extrodinaire....if its edible I will snap a picture and post it on my report, even if I didnt eat it!

DH - AKA "Mr. I'm Not Feeling It" (has a habit of changing our dining plans just minutes before our ressie time) younger by 6 months and will not let me forget it...I mean ever...been together for 19 years and he still reminds me I robbed the cradle. Will eat anything except swim in the sea fish (shellfish is ok) and will drink anything but prefers champagne and white wine and on occasion and icy cold beer. Winner of the clean plate club, polishes off his and then gets moving on mine. Thinks he can get us into any TS place even if they say they are booked (and he really can, I swear he has the magic dining touch). Knows not to touch a thing until the flash goes off and I tell him the pic is good or not

Things have changed a bit for us this year and instead of going Oct 22-Nov 1 we are going to do a short stay at the Dolphin Oct 1-5. DH is just so busy with work (thank goodness for that so I am not complaining) and he may not be able to take the time off at the end of the month. Being the lovey dovey he is and not wanting to see me pout he told me to book a long weekend for the F&W (we never ever miss a year) and if he can wing it maybe we can get away the end of the month too (but I am not counting those chickens....yet).

The rates for the BWI, BC and YC were insane, even with the 40% off code (and there were a lot of availability in all different rooms types) I decided to save a buck (to spend later at the F&W) and go for the Dolphin, great rate at $109 a night. No mods or values with the 40% off code were available. Since this is a F&W trip and time is very limited we need to stay as close as possible to the action...and the drinking, less stumbling back to the room that way

Thanks for reading!

Fultons in Downtown Disney Dinner
Goofys Candy Shop in Downtown Disney
BWI Bakery Breakfast, Le Cellier & Coral Reef menus
F&W Booths
F&W Booths and Germany Pavillion
F&W Booths
Flying Fish
BWI Bakery Desserts and more F&W Booths
MK CS breakfast and other treats
Cosmic Rays and Main Street Confectionary
Il Mulino
BWI Bakery Breakfast, F&W Booths
F&W Booths
Chefs de France Dinner
Fresh Breakfast Part 1
Fresh Breakfast Part 2
Writers Stop in HS
Sci Fi Lunch
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33759714&postcount=19"]
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33759714&postcount=19"]

Testing

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 10-01-2010 at 12:56 PM.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Please let me be #1 joining my favorite all time LIVE reporter of all things Disney-Food-Related! Hitting Submit-Reply as quickly as possible!
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Nicki - I can't wait to read your reviews. Even if I won't be following them along live, but you know why that is, and I'll enjoy them after I get back.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

I'm in for this one! Usually I'm playing catch up with all of your dining reviews, but this time I'm making sure to catch this one live!

I'm doing my first dining reviews this year (one that's started for our trip in October---bluezoo, The Plaza, EOS, etc.) and one that will be for December with the Deluxe DDP and I'm hoping to take a note from your playbook.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Been waiting for this all day!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
mossyflossy
Mouseketeer

yay, another live report! we are arriving 22 oct! If you get the chance to get up to date menus for Coral Reef(L), Chefs(L/D), KONA,(L) ffish and Tutto (L/D) (incl children's menus) that would be fantastic! Thank you!
mossyflossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Count me in!

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Nick - How often does FF change their menu? Will it likely be the same on 10/17, can you find out for me? I'm not really thrilled with the current menu.

Last edited by TigerKat; 09-28-2009 at 06:55 PM.
TigerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
eventamy
DIS Veteran

I'm so in!
Have a great time!
eventamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! I'm in, Nicki! 88 more days til our trip so I will have to live thru you!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

I can't wait!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I'm looking forward to reading the reviews from the OLD HAG herself!
(So says the OLD HAG turning 40 in a month and a half. Heheh.)

Bring it on!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
SSRJen
DIS Veteran

Yea! Can't wait for the reviews to start.
SSRJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #15
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I so enjoy your reports, but unfortunately I wouldn't be reading them until WE return from WDW! Woot!

Our park days do not match up (Sunday, MK, Monday, Epcot, etc), but I want to wish you a fantastic trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: