Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
My2QTs
DIS Veteran

Question about DDP and Kid's Meal for DS 11

Okay, I know he is technically an adult and that he has to use an adult TS credit at buffets/family style/character meals, but could I use a Child's TS credit on him at Tutto if he wants to eat off the kids meal? My dd is 4 and she will have some left over TS credits (cause she'll be sharing with me at some places) so I wasn't sure if I could use some of those kids TS credits on my DS11 instead? I know I can order kids meals for him at most places if I pay OOP (non buffet, etc..), but can I use a TS of my daughter's on him, if she isn't using it at that meal? Tutto is just way too much adult food for him and it would be a waste.
My2QTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

You won't be able to do that. You can order a kids meal for him at Tutto, but you'll have to pay OOP. Your card will say 3A/1C, and you won't be able to order more than 1 childrens meal at a time.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
My2QTs
DIS Veteran

I know it will say 3A 1K on my card, but my dd (who is the kid) won't be ordering, so can I not order his meal with her credit?
Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

You will have no problem using one child credit and three adult credits at any meal. The trick is that you can't do more than what your card says.

Really after reading your questions, I think you understand dining better than you give yourself credit for.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
My2QTs
DIS Veteran

Okay Tricia. I so sincerely appreciate you sticking with me on this thread, but either Im not understanding you or you're not understanding me. There are four in my Me, DH, DS11 and DD5. I know DS11 is considered an adult and I know I can use 3 Adult TS credits and 1 Child TS credits per meal (unless its more...), but what I want to know is if they will let me use 2Adult TS credits for me and DH, 1 Child TS credit for DS 11, and no Credits for DD5 at Tutto. YOu gotta break it down for me cause Im kinda slow...haha. I think maybe your answer is requiring me to read between the lines, but I need a very literal answer: Will they let him use a Child's TS credit or not? We have one child TS credit per meal, but won't be using it on DD5, so can I use it on DD11, or will they charge me an Adult TS credit even if he orders a kid's meal?? Break it down for me!! LOL
Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you can use 1 child credit and 2 adult credits for any of your meals.

My response would have been easier to understand if I'd been more clear, you will have no problem using 1 child credit and up to 3 adult credits for any of your meals.

Really you can break up your credits however you choose for each meal, except you can't go over what your card says (1C/3A) I hope this makes more sense
Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Tutto's is one of those non Disney owned restaurants and because of that you may encounter some resistance. We went there in March and DS12 could not find anything he wanted on the adult menu. I asked if I could buy him a kids' meal OOP and the waiter said this was not allowed since we were on the DDP. I was desparate so I asked if I could use his adult TS credit to get a kids' meal and was turned down again. But the waiter ended up asking what it was he liked on the kids' menu and they made it for him and adult sized it and we used his TS credit. He ended up loving his meal.

I hope it works out for you, but you might want to check before your order to make sure this is okay. BTW, I agree those portions are way too big for most 11 year olds.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Ugh, what a frustrating experience for you Smiling Cheshire Cat.

I don't think that My2QTs will have issues like you did, since she could technically order the kids meal for her "daughter" and order nothing but a drink for her "son". Once the meals are delivered, just give the meal to her son, and share with her daughter like she originally planned.

Checking is not a bad idea, but I think her instance will be easier to work with than your case because she has that 1C designation on her KTTW card.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: