Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #46
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

So Kara, I've been MIA for awhile and I'm catching up.................

Can you give me a recap of how you feel about the Dolphin hotel?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #47
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Why yes! Yes it is! Jury still out on it though. Ally and I ended up trading and I wore her VB backsack instead. The hipster doesn't have all the pockets that my baggalini and overland donner bags have. And it's not as roomy - nowhere to carry a bottle of water, etc. But it's cute!!!!
Yeah, I do like my baggalini full of pockets! But thanks for the info about the Hipster! I might just have to take a trip to the store and check one out in person! And you're right... it's definitely CUTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This one made me laugh out loud for real.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #48
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:

Loved it! Especially all the cute Disney theming, and having Mickey personally carry my luggage to my penthouse suite!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Yeah, I do like my baggalini full of pockets! But thanks for the info about the Hipster! I might just have to take a trip to the store and check one out in person! And you're right... it's definitely CUTE!

It seems I carry more and more with me each trip. And honestly, if it weren't for Ally's homemade autograph book that we just HAVE to carry with us each trip, just in case one of those obscure characters happens to be out and about...... well, I might not even need a bag if it weren't for that. But the VB hipster was more comfortable than my baggalini OR overland donner bag.

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #49
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Now Cammie!!

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 10-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #50
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Loved it! Especially all the cute Disney theming, and having Mickey personally carry my luggage to my penthouse suite!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
Now Cammie!!
Jim has enjoyed our little dialogue, too. He's a little offended by the comments, but he thinks we're being a little snarky, too!

Kara, I love the sparkly new Avatar, BTW!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #51
Lovin Life
I donít believe in titles!

Leave it to Cammie!

I carry a HUGE backpack, got a new bigger, better one this year. Carries autograph books, everyone's hoodies, a couple of rain ponchos for everyone, a couple of plastic tablecloths for watching the parades on Main Street, or anywhere else we would have to sit on the ground, mini first-aid kit, gum, candy, souveniers purchased that day...I am not carrying my purse this trip, like I have in the past, but am thinking of carrying a fanny pack. Does anyone use those any more? That way, I don't have to take the backpack off every time I want to pay for something or get our park passes out.

Me - , DH - , DD16 - , DD12 - People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #52
Lovin Life
I donít believe in titles!

Oops. Double post.

Me - , DH - , DD16 - , DD12 - People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #53
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Wow, hillarious report so far. Can't wait to see what happens once you two get to a park!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #54
flafan
Mouseketeer

Love your report so far. Looking forward to hearing more
1997 Marriot World Center & Dixie Landings
1998 Fort Wilderness Campground - Cabins
1999 Marriot World Center - Boardwalk Villas
2000 Old Key West
2002 Marriot Cypress Harbour
2003 Marriot Cypress Harbour - Hard Rock Hotel-Club Level
2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Club Level - Royal Pacific Hotel
2006 Royal Pacific Hotel- Club Level - Vistana Villages
2008 Vistana Villages - Portofino Bay - Club level
2009 Sheraton National Hotel - Wash. DC Club Level
2013 July - Beach Club/Club Level
Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #55
scrapindis
Preparing for my first cruise with my family of 5!

Hurry back please! I am enjoying your report!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #56
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Life View Post
Leave it to Cammie!

I carry a HUGE backpack, got a new bigger, better one this year. Carries autograph books, everyone's hoodies, a couple of rain ponchos for everyone, a couple of plastic tablecloths for watching the parades on Main Street, or anywhere else we would have to sit on the ground, mini first-aid kit, gum, candy, souveniers purchased that day...I am not carrying my purse this trip, like I have in the past, but am thinking of carrying a fanny pack. Does anyone use those any more? That way, I don't have to take the backpack off every time I want to pay for something or get our park passes out.
No, No, No - No FANNYPACKS Ever! (You'll thank me later!) Get a small cross body bag - I have a really small Liz Claiborne one I love - little organizer in the front zip so I don't have to carry a wallet, and just enough room for sunglasses and camera in the main part.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #57
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Life View Post
Leave it to Cammie!

I agree with Tammie - NOOOOOO fannypacks! In my baggalini or Overland Donner bag I can carry one or two bottles of water, 3 ponchos, big camera, big homemade autograph book (5x7 and about 2 inches thick WITH small clipboard!), plus a change of clothes for Ally. Not to mention all the pockets inside for my tickets, credit cards, etc. Then there's even more pockets for first aid kits, gum, etc. Serioulsy a HUGE bag inside without being obnoxiously large outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Wow, hillarious report so far. Can't wait to see what happens once you two get to a park!
Oh, be afraid...... be VERY afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafan View Post
Love your report so far. Looking forward to hearing more
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapindis View Post
Hurry back please! I am enjoying your report!
I'll hurry!!! Just need to get through a little bit of LIFE first!

So Jeff gets up this morning and says, "We should have gotten up early and driven to Animal Kingdom for the day." He's pouting because he hasn't been since May!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #58
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

NO FANNY PACKS!!!!!! EEEK! Go with the bags kara recommended. I have one and love it.

I think it is funny that Jeff is pouting

Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #59
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Hiya again Kara...

Now over in the UK "fanny" has a totally different meaning to over there - always makes me do a double take - just like "happy hump day"!!
You girls make me laugh!

p.s. In the UK a fanny pack is called a bum-bag.... and nooo I don't like them either.

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #60
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

I'm just loving your new trip report, you really make me laugh when you write, it's so entertaining. i just can't believe there's someone on here with out an ounce of pixie dust about them, who wouldn't want to stay in a hotel "dripping with all things Disney", isn't that what we go for!! can't wait to here the rest and see the "cute and sparkly" picture again!!
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: