Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
JAZBO2
Earning My Ears

Germany-adults only QUESTION

Question: Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2009 Germany Family trip and the 2009 Germany Adults Only trip? We are going on the Adults Only trip in September, and I don't really care to see the "Characters"

Last edited by JAZBO2; 07-29-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: UPDATE TITLE
JAZBO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
marcemch
Mouseketeer

I can't really answer your specific question about the adults only tour, but there are no DISNEY characters on this tour. You will not see makeup or masks on anyone (which was good for my daughter, because she is scared of characters, even the Disney ones), just costumes/wigs. The "characters" that are present at various locations are not "kid-y" and are more for your education and entertainment, than an incarnation of a cartoon. I would think most of them would still be there, and that you'll enjoy them.
There are a couple that might be more geared towards children, but I always found that they were so wrapped up in the history of the place and the inspiration of the Grimm brothers that it wasn't offensive, even to the teenaged boys we had on our trip!
marcemch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Tom and Sue
Earning My Ears

Germany Adults Only

My wife and I, and a couple from the Chicago area will be joining you on the trip. We all meet two years ago during an adults only trip to Italy. We found it very enjoyable. There were no characters or abundance of Disney hype.
Tom and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
1whooper
Mouseketeer

My Dh and daughter(from Chicago) and I will also be on the tour. Two other couples from our Italy tour last year are also going!! It should be a great time!!
1whooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
JAZBO2
Earning My Ears

Smile Germany

That will be great to meet all of you. We are Jim and Rita, and live in Bartlett, Illinois. We have been looking forward to visiting Germany ever since we had a German exchange student live here when our sons were in High School. We are going to Frankfort a day early, and staying in Munich and extra day after. Our exchange student lives in Munich. We cant wait to see the castles, and I cant wait to try some of that sausage!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
1whooper
Mouseketeer

We are Debbie and Bernie from the Philadelphia area. My daughter is 25 and I hope there are other young adults on the tour. She is from Chicago and we are all arriving the day of the tour. Lufthansa is the airline for all of us. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We all have direct flights, which is good. However, my DH would rather be in 1st class and not coach!!
1whooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
JAZBO2
Earning My Ears

Germany

My wife and I got the last 2 reservations for this year. We were glad because we didn't even consider a PLAN B, if we couldn't have gotten this trip. My wife is trying to learn a little German. I just want to learn how to say: Gibt es mehr Wurst.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
disneytraveler
will the real celeb please step forward!
Well i am creative and talented
I'm watching you!

I wil see you on the tour.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Sorry to barge in, but my DH and I are hoping to visit Germany next fall (prob. on an adults only tour), and I'm interested in the ABD tour and whether you all think it's worth it. I assume you checked other tour companies before deciding on ABD? What made you decide on ABD rather than some other tour company?

I'm anxious to read your trips reports when you get back. Have a great trip!

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
JAZBO2
Earning My Ears

Why we are going

The choice was purely my wife's decision. The cities we are visiting are exactly the ones she wants to see and the price was right. We know Disney's quality, so we went with it. We are tacking on a extra day before and after, so we will see a couple things not included on the tour, and also visit a friend in Munich. We originally were going for a "see the castles from the river" boat trip, but that did not end in Munich.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Tom and Sue
Earning My Ears

Size of the Group

Does anyone know the number of people in the group? On our trip to Italy two years ago there were 26 and that was perfect.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #12
disneytraveler
I'm watching you!

I should be receiving the ABD package very soon. Has anyone received it?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #13
Tom and Sue
Earning My Ears

ABD Package

Not yet. I would expect it should arrive sometime next week.

I was reviewing the itinerary today, we have the afternoon off on Day Four in Trendelburg. On the map, it looks like the boondocks, does anyone know if there is anything obvious to do?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #14
disneytraveler
I'm watching you!

Its been years since i was in that area. One of the reasons for taking this tour is to go back and see it again plus experience what i missed. I remember going to Alsfeld and exploring there. I also went to Kassel.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #15
beverly122007
Earning My Ears

Hello my name is beverly n my husband is jimmy we are going on the trip in sept as well we will be in munich 4days early and then driving to heidelberg on our own i was wondering if anyone else plans on going to munich's octoberfest on our free night and if we might want to make a reservation at a tent
beverly122007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: