Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Question about Bike Riding (Spirit of America specifically)

Although we have tried desperately, DD10 is still not able to successfully ride a bike. DH and I were really looking forward to that part of the trip, but don't think DD will be up to it. Do they have bikes with training wheels or trike type bikes available? We really don't want to miss it, but it looks like one of us will have to stay with DD. Would it be possible to do this as a walking trip & just not be with the group as much? What do you think would be the best way to handle this situation? Thanks!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
DisFan10
Mouseketeer

We had one boy and 2 girls who didn't want (or couldn't) ride a bike, so the boy was given a motorized wheelchair to ride and the girls each rode a tandem bike with a parent. So I wouldn't worry about your DD not being able to participate. Just let your AbD guides know beforehand. You'll have a great time!
DisFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
Although we have tried desperately, DD10 is still not able to successfully ride a bike. DH and I were really looking forward to that part of the trip, but don't think DD will be up to it. Do they have bikes with training wheels or trike type bikes available? We really don't want to miss it, but it looks like one of us will have to stay with DD. Would it be possible to do this as a walking trip & just not be with the group as much? What do you think would be the best way to handle this situation? Thanks!
When I was at WDW in last month I watched a show, not sure if it was on TV in the room or on the DME bus, they highlight the guides and they there were a few frames of one of the bike rides (don't know what trip it was) and there was a little boy who was on a bike with training wheels. I am sure there is some way they have if someone can't ride a bike, your daughter won't be the only one. I wouldn't worry about it and I don't think you and your husband will have to skip the bike ride.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Icemann
Dis Vet

You will not miss a thing they have a tandem bike didn't see one with training wheels but I didn't look for one either.That was a very memorable part of my trip.You guys are going to have alot of fun
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: