DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

DVC; dining plan and military discounts ???

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.... I've looked everywhere for this answer DH and I are considering becoming a DVC member. Can you purchase the Dining plan seperate and then use your military discount on it? I'm very confused about the whole DVC dining plan/ military thing. TIA! April
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

If you are asking if you can use military park tickets wih the Dining Plan while staying at on DVC points, the answer is yes.

For DVC members, the DDPs are not tied to park ticket media in any way. You need to tell Member Services you want a DDP at least 48 hours before your arrival, it will be linked into your room reservation, and you pay for the DDP when you check-in. Park ticket media is completely up to you, and you can purchase it anywhere you wish.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
If you are asking if you can use military park tickets wih the Dining Plan while staying at on DVC points, the answer is yes.

For DVC members, the DDPs are not tied to park ticket media in any way. You need to tell Member Services you want a DDP at least 48 hours before your arrival, it will be linked into your room reservation, and you pay for the DDP when you check-in. Park ticket media is completely up to you, and you can purchase it anywhere you wish.

Thanks, actually I was asking only about the dining plan.... (we buy our park tickets at the Base here) Like can we book our reservations for the room at Bay Lake Tower.. use points just for the room and then add the Dining plan and get DH military discount and pay for that seperatly? Thanks so much for your help. April

Old 09-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

There are no discounts on the price of the dining plan.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
There are no discounts on the price of the dining plan.
Yes, this is what I was wondering..... We got 40% off when we booked a hotel reservation with dining plan for Dec (not a DVC reservation) at the Pop. I was just curious since we get the discount not being a DVC member. Thanks! April
Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Suzanna1973
I want to live at Disney World

what if you have a pin code for free dining and you are a dvc member. Can you still use it and get free dining? I'm not talking about during free dining in aug-sept, i'm talking about getting about one of the awesome pin codes that appear so magically in your email that gives you free dining.

TIA
Old 09-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna1973 View Post
what if you have a pin code for free dining and you are a dvc member. Can you still use it and get free dining? I'm not talking about during free dining in aug-sept, i'm talking about getting about one of the awesome pin codes that appear so magically in your email that gives you free dining.

TIA
No, sorry. None of the discounts, pins, packages, free dining, 4/3, or any other promotion apply to DVC members staying on points.

Those promotions come from the WDTC, and are intended to get bodies into the resorts. They have nothing to do with DVC. There's certainly no reason for WDTC to give us free dining, as we don't give them a dime.

Last edited by Lynne M; 09-28-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

As far as I know there is no military discount on the dining plan, only on rooms and tickets. Because you don't need a ticket to add DDP to a DVC reservation, you can buy military discounted tickets, but you won't get any discount on the dining plan.

The 40% off is on the room, not on the dining plan. Because of the way Disney handles the military discounts, you can add a dining plan to the military discounted room reservation without buying tickets as part of a package (so you can buy the military discounted tickets separately), but you are still paying full price for the dining plan component of the package.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne M View Post
No, sorry. None of the discounts, pins, packages, free dining, 4/3, or any other promotion apply to DVC members.

Those promotions come from the WDTC, and are intended to get bodies into the resorts. They have nothing to do with DVC. There's certainly no reason for WDTC to give us free dining, as we don't give them a dime.
There are no discounts on DVC points reservations. However, DVC members can still book a room through WDTC, pay cash and get any of those promotions. You can even get a room at a DVC resort (but it would not be treated as a member stay, so no free internet or lounge access. But you would get daily housekeeping).
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
There are no discounts on DVC points reservations. However, DVC members can still book a room through WDTC, pay cash and get any of those promotions. You can even get a room at a DVC resort (but it would not be treated as a member stay, so no free internet or lounge access. But you would get daily housekeeping).

Oops, thanks for mentioning that. I'll edit my post to state that there are no discounts when staying on points.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, this is all very strange.... .I contacted "Dan" our DVC rep. yesterday and he told me that you DO still get a Military discount as a DVC member even when you book and use points.... He told me that you simply call just like you would making any other reservation, you make your reservation with dining telling them your DVC members, tell them you're "military", the CM gives you the discount and then you pay for the dining plan seperately. I wish I could get a correct answer for this. Anyone know who else to call about this? Thanks so much, April

ETA: I know several people keep mentioning park tickets; I'm not speaking of the actual park tickets, we purhcase these totally seperatly from the base. Thanks, April
Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck93 View Post
Hmmm, this is all very strange.... .I contacted "Dan" our DVC rep. yesterday and he told me that you DO still get a Military discount as a DVC member even when you book and use points.... He told me that you simply call just like you would making any other reservation, you make your reservation with dining telling them your DVC members, tell them you're "military", the CM gives you the discount and then you pay for the dining plan seperately. I wish I could get a correct answer for this. Anyone know who else to call about this? Thanks so much, April

ETA: I know several people keep mentioning park tickets; I'm not speaking of the actual park tickets, we purhcase these totally seperatly from the base. Thanks, April
Since no one here has heard of a discount on the DDP for Military, it might help if you could point us in the right direction and tell us exactly what price you pay for the DDP with the Military discount.

As previously noted, if it is a discount available only when you book a room in a Disney resort, then it may not be available to DVC members staying on points because that would suggest it is being subsidized by WDTC.
-- Suzanne
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #13
princessfionasmom
DIS Veteran

I would like to know about the discount too! Please post your pricing for us. TIA!
2/02 ASSp - 5/03 offsite -5/04 Pop - 9/04 DCL - 5/06 Pop - 3/07 SOG - 12/08 SSR/POP - 10/09 BLT/OKW - 06/10 BWV/BLT 01/11 BLT - 1/2 Marathon 09/12 celebrate DH's recovery from BMT & 15 yr wedding anniversary! 05/13 Expedition Everest 5k w/DS 10/13 GFV Adult only W&D
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #14
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home

As military we do not get discounts on DP....we only get discounts right now on Disney resorts if you choose to use the 40% off on a disney resort then you can not get the DP.....you have to choose either the 40% off the room or the free DP that is offered right now. There has NEVER been a military discount on the DP........

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #15
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
Since no one here has heard of a discount on the DDP for Military, it might help if you could point us in the right direction and tell us exactly what price you pay for the DDP with the Military discount.

As previously noted, if it is a discount available only when you book a room in a Disney resort, then it may not be available to DVC members staying on points because that would suggest it is being subsidized by WDTC.
-- Suzanne
For example..... I wanted to book a trip for December.... I called Disney and asked for the price at POP with free dining for DEC.14-19... cost was 905.00.. I called back later and asked for the price with the Military discount and it was the exact same price. Just wondering how all of this translates into DVC. Is DVC really worth it for us as long as Disney is offering a military discount? I know Disney has'nt realeased yet if they are offering a military discount for 2010; that's how I talked DH into one more trip for for this year! Our park hopper tickets only cost us 250.00 for the 3 of us for 5 days.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: