DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #16
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Mine was when last trip we were assigned "the dumpster view" room at VWL.

I loved that DH and I just laughed about it and were low-key enough to not let it bother us. DVC has made us (well, mainly ME) WAY less stressed about planning our vacations. If this had been a once-in-a-lifetime trip, I might've been upset.......

And the trip before that was when we showed my IL's our 2 BDRM villa for the very first time. They loved it and FIL exclaimed "Now THIS is the way to vacation!" That's why we do it!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #17
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Several moments defined our May trip to VWL. We absolutely love it there! So any moment there is a great one.

We got to have a meal at Ohana with a CM who works at WL who has become a close friend, all because of several visits to WL. After being a CM all those yrs, he has gone from being excited to be a Disney CM, to being just there. So getting to see his face light up when Wishes took place was great! We helped to make a magic moment for a CM.

Getting to have wonderful, personal one on one time with Ranger Stan. He is a great guy and we always look forward to seeing him. We share our faith, our ups and downs, and all things in our lives together with him. We have a wonderful bond with him that only WL could have provided.

And finally, getting to have a meet with fellow DISers/DVCers horselover and her hubbie, DiznyDi and her DH DiznyDad in the Iron Spike Room. Horselover brought a wonderful cake that WDW had made for their anniversary, DiznyDi brought hand embroidered VWL Groupies breadbasket covers for all. And then to top it off we ran into DiznyDi and Dad several times in the parks afterwards.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
gtrist4life
May the good fairy be kind enough to grant my wish, I shall be most grateful and play my guitar in honor. Shower, shave, do the pop tart slam. Self proclaimed Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Super Planner

The defining moment from our last trip (Spring break 2009) was probably the day we checked into AKV. We had spent the previous 5 nights at Vero Beach, and had booked one night in a value studio to try out the place. Our kids decided they wanted to go to Epcot and me and DW had reservations at Jiko so off they went and we did our own thing, great way to end a trip for everyone.

Our daughter is a senior in college this year, and our son just started high school; made me realize that we may not have many more trips where we're all together, at least for a few years. But glad for the trips we have had; I know we would not have had as many without DVC. Also thanks to DVC we are looking forward to future trips to be with whoever can go.

Peace,
G4L

1972-74 Couple of trips offsite
-- 1986 Offsite Honeymoon -- 1996 and 2001 AS Music -- 2002 POFQ -- 2003 Swan DVC tour-purchase -- 2003 CSR -- 2004 HHI -- 2005 BWV -- 2005 DLH -- 2007 VB, BWV, & SSR -- 2008 VWL, DTD & BWV -- 2009 VB & AKV -- 2010 - CSR & OKW - 2011 AKV & VB - 2012 DLP for 25th Wedding anniversary! - 2013 VB & BWV, and 2014 BLT, DCL, and GFV

gtrist4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #19
eporter66
DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR

I think it is as simple as Disney is just an amazing vacation time after time. DVC enhances our experience.

I love hearing "Welcome Home", and driving into a beautiful resort. In a few weeks we will be going to AKV, and it will be special because it is our first time at AKV. My wife ran the half marathon with my sister in March, and they stayed at the All-Star Resort. She called and said she missed staying at our home!!!

On our last trip, the defining moment was having family and friends come down with us. We rented a 2 bedroom at OKW, so my sister and family drove up and stayed for 3 days after they spent time in Naples with her in-laws. Then, my wifes niece and her family stayed another three days. Being able to book a 2 bedroom condo and share our membership and vacation was the defining moment of last year. Also - one of my best friends from high school also came down the same week and stayed one building over from us at OKW. It was our best vacation yet. The days at the parks were great having a group to hang around with - it enhanced the fun. This year we are going alone, and it will still be great, but that vacation will have memories that will last forever.

I think just being at AKV this year with our daughter will be amazing. Being around all the animals - she will be thrilled
9/97-CBR 10/99 - Offsite 10/03 - WL 11/03 - DVC Member SSR 05/04 - SSR 01/06 - SSR 10/06 - BWV 01/07 - SSR 02/08 - OKW 10/08 OKW 03/09 - All Star Movie (Disney Half Marathon)10/09-AKV 10/10 - AKV 10/11 - AKV 10/12 SSR 10/13 - SSR10/14 - SSR

Last edited by eporter66; 09-27-2009 at 10:07 AM.
eporter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #20
msteddom
We always wait in line in California, just like we sit in traffic

Opening the doors to the balcony of my Boardwalk view BWV studio and listening to the boat horns as I got ready every morning!

Melissa
Aug. 1986- Off Site, Feb. 1992- Off Site, Nov. 2000- Off Site, Aug. 2003 POR, April 2004- POFQ, Aug. 2004- YC, Feb. 2005- POFQ, Aug. 2005- BWV,Jan. 2006 BCV,Aug. 2006 POP, Dec. 2006 POR, Aug 2007-YC, Dec. 2007- BWV, Aug. 2008 4 night Wonder Double Dip, Jan. 2009- BWV, Aug. 2009 BWV/Dolphin, Jan. 2010 BLT/BWV, Aug. 2010 WL/BWV, Aug. 2011 5 night Dream/ WLV, Jul. 2012 POR/BVV, June 2013 BWV/Fantasy Eastern/YC
msteddom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #21
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

The defining moment for our last trip in May was walking into the villa in building 46 at OKW and realizing it was the exact same unit we were in the previous trip in January! LOVED IT! Besides that, it was our favorite view in the whole resort!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Buying DVC during our last WDW trip was my defining moment. Riding back to AKV in the DVC van whilst talking to the driver and not hearing a word he said due to the sheer joy I was feeling after making our first DVC purchase of 170 points at SSR, pretty much sums up the moment for me.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #23
mac_tlc
DIS Veteran

The defining moment had to be at 10:01 pm on August 10th, as we sat in our chairs, all lined up in front of the window of our 1 bdr on the 11th floor of BLT, and Jiminy Crickett's voice came across our TV, clear as day, no one talking next to us......... and then, ............. well you know what happened next...................

mac_tlc
'97 OKW (2), VB , '98 OKW(2), VB
'99 WL, OKW(2) , '00 OKW (2), Magic, VB
'01 DLR (DH), VWL, BWV, Magic
’02 OKW, DLR (DH), Magic (11/30 - NOT), CS , '03 OKW, Magic (11/8), VWL,
'04 CS, OKW (2), '05 OKW, '06 SSR, OKW , '07 VWL, OKW (3), VB
'08 DLR (GC), OKW, '09 SSR, BLT,OKW(3)
'10 AKV, BLT (DD wedding) , '11 OKW, SSR, BLT , '12 VGC, FW, BLT, '13 BLT
mac_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
Flyerfan
Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
The defining moment for our last trip in May was walking into the villa in building 46 at OKW and realizing it was the exact same unit we were in the previous trip in January! LOVED IT! Besides that, it was our favorite view in the whole resort!
Now doesn't THAT feel like you're going home.

For me, it's every time we stay at SSR. I love doing my morning walk around the grounds and after I'm done stopping at AP for my morning tea. Walking back to our building I just take it all in....I love that place.
Oct1989 Off site...Jan 1996 Dixie Landings...Jan 2006 POR....Dec 2006 POFQ...January 2008 SSR...Nov '08 OKW/Swan/SSR...Sept '09 BWV/YC....Nov '09 AKV/ SSR....July '10 SSR...Oct '10 HHI...Nov '11 SSR/BLT....May 2013 POR

Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #25
emmababy
DIS Veteran

For us it is knowing that we don't have to be so frantic and can actually take a somewhat slower more enjoyable pace. And you know why we can do that.......because we will be back!!!
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
bmtta2003
Please write clearly I cant hear you Im still earning my ears

This past May at SSR it rained the entire vacation. My oldest just graduated college, my youngest entering Sr yr HS. I told them how disappointed I was as this was probably the last vacation we would have all together, now that the oldest would be working.

They all looked at me like I was crazy. They all agreed that even when they married we should all get together for a yearly vacation. Right then I realized DVC was the greatest investment I ever made.
bmtta2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #27
kikiq
DIS Veteran

Last year during our big family trip to SSR, my DSIL turned to me on our way to DTD and said that this trip was the first real vacation she has been on because she could relax (She just reminded me tonight while I was showing her BWV and doesn't want to go anywhere else but SSR)

This year, that one moment was when my pregnant daughter hugged us during our Cape May dinner and said that she knew that we were going to bring our grand daughter to WDW and probably without her She's right, we can't wait to bring our grand daughter to SSR and let her play on the Congress Park play yard and go walking with grandpa around the lake in the morning.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #28
SimmerBaggins
DIS Veteran

For us, it was this last July for our very first DVC stay; as we walked up to AKV, there was a lady on the "porch" who asked us who we were. I thought this was strange, because normally you just go in and go straight to the check-in desk...so I was surprised at the "interruption" that made us stop! When she heard our names, she said, "oh, you are staying in Concierge, correct?" (it was just for the first night)

Yes, we were...and she directed us to follow her! We were surprised...she took us straight to the elevator and explained that we needed our keycard to get to the 6th floor.

But the best part...the best part was when we rounded the corner toward the concierge check-in desk and the fellow behind it said, "Well, this must be the Browns!"

That little extra service was a FANTASTIC beginning to our vacation, and made us feel very special!

Two moms get away to act like teenagers...or do they? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739158
SimmerBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #29
pamjb
DIS Veteran

My defining moment was this past June. My best friend and I have known each other since we were 5. She was one of 6 children and I was an only child. She was always my travel buddy when my parents took me to Disney World. We would say many times," When we grow up, we will come back to Disney with our kids". Time went on, we both married and had children. Her husband retired from the Army and they all moved back home about 3 years ago. Last year, I said to her, "You know, if we are going to Disney, we better do it soon". So I booked a Grand Villa at Old Key West for our large party of 9. We had the best time. Even my non-Disney loving husband had a great time at the Gurgling Suitcase. Without DVC, the cost of the three bedroom Grand Villa would of been astronomical. With it, we have some great memories to share.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #30
Kris10luvsDisney
Mouseketeer

You are all making me tear up reading your wonderful posts!! I have a few defining moments from our stays w/ DVC. The 1st being at VWL and walking into the lobby upon our arrival and gazing upon their gigantic, beautiful christmas tree. We were then selected to be a flag family and we had my mom and in-laws with us. We have such beautiful pics from that trip. Sadly my DMIL passed away a year or so after that, so we are glad we were able to share that trip with her. I also have fond memories of my DS sitting in the sand at SAB happy as a clam, and my DD stopping to "chat" with Ariel every time we would go back to our villa at BCV. DVC really has given us so many memories that we will cherish forever

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: