Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Finally, it's now the "I am bigger now, big enough for Disneyland!" PTR!

I know we have 4months + before we head back to the magic but I've decided to start a pre-trip report combined with planning thread - just to feed my obsession!

The cast:

Mammy (me), 32. Punk, teacher and secret Disney Princess - getting more Disney obsessed the older I get!

Daddy, 30. Metaller, part-time stay at home daddy (playmate?!) and not-so secret Disney Princess. Not quite as Disney obsessed as me, but a very close second!

Rosebug, 3. Disney Princess through and through. Truly believes she is a Disney Princess most days!

The trip:

A total extravagance, we really didn't think we could afford another trip this year (possibly even next year) and had told Rosebug that we would go again when she was a bit bigger, but when you have a little girl who wakes up every morning asking "Am I bigger yet? Big enough for Disneyland?" and knowing how AMAZING the 20th anniversary celebrations look - who could not do everything they could to afford another trip! So after a lot of budgeting and mostly being funded by an already exhausted and over-worked mammy doing extra work (2000+ exam papers to mark in 3 weeks) ... we booked and man, does it feel sweet!

Staying 3 nights/4 days in August at DLP's Newport Bay Hotel, on Admirals Floor, with a Lake View. (Staying offsite at the Kyriad on night 1 as we get in very, very late). Chose this hotel because we love the look of the pool, and the theme is just fab! Still praying for a 99% off deal for DLH to pop up though, so we can upgrade!

Planning on becoming a shareholder before our trip, just to make use of Salon Mickey and telling DD that we own a brick (or pebble) in the park and finding a random spot and saying "This is ours!"

Will be booking meals at Auberge de Cendrillion; Café Mickey; Cowboy Cookout and either Inventions or one of the Dreams VIP restaurants. Auberge is the main priority as Rosebug still talks about her birthday meal there every day! I know character meals are more expensive but will be trying our best to avoid all queued meets if possible, and will not venture near any scrums, so to meet as many characters as possible, this is our plan!

The morning before we head to Auberge we plan on taking Rosebug to DLH Boutique to get a princess makeover! Wish I could get it done too - and will possibly ask if I can have matching face paint!

The only thing I (STILL) really want to do is Crushes Coaster - and if I have to queue for 2 hours I will this time, may do it during Rosebug's naptime or will send her and hubby off to do more fun things without me!

Our favourite ride is RNRC - and will do it as many times as we can (hoping we catch it with no queues one day) using baby switch!

We missed many things due to the cold and ice on our last trip - so the things that we really want DD to experience is the train ride, Storyboats and the carousel!

She met so many of the princesses on our last trip - but didn't "meet" Tiana, Ariel and Belle to talk to/get photos with so would love this opportunity this trip.

I would love to meet Jack Sparrow and hubby wants his photo taken with Rapunzel this time!

We are all SO excited to see Dreams and the new parade, and catch Fantillusion again, I get a little flutter in my tummy every time I see a photo or see it mentioned. Rosebug is obsessed, everytime she sees an advert she gets so excited, and often makes me go to the DLP website to see the pictures! She is always asking "Am I bigger yet?" and tells everyone she is going back to DLP when she is bigger, and is going to stay in a hotel with a lighthouse and swimming pool!

And now to the most important bit - the Disney purchases for the holiday!

We received a parcel this morning from America, my Uncle had sent me this tee:

[IMG]
DSC_0654 by rosebug09, on Flickr[/IMG]

and in the parcel was some FAB Disney gifts for Rosebug for her holiday:

A beautiful Disney Princess swimsuit and towel dress, perfect for our afternoon swims at the NPB outdoor pool:

[IMG]
DSC_0655 by rosebug09, on Flickr[/IMG]

and a gorgeous Ariel tee and leggings set:
[IMG]
DSC_0656 by rosebug09, on Flickr[/IMG]

Such a lucky little girl (and mammy, my tee is FAB!)

I have also bought Rosebug this tee, but will probably give her it for Easter:

[IMG]
DSC_0657 by rosebug09, on Flickr[/IMG]

And when I was sorting out her clothes, I found this, which I forgot she had and she may be big enough to wear come August:

[IMG]url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/74283508@N04/6886788374/][/url] DSC_0653 by rosebug09, on Flickr[/IMG]

I am also planning on making her some tees with her name on, with the help of this forum, and an autograph book. I threatened hubby with a personalised tee for him tonight too - he told me to sod off, but I am so going to do it!!!

Anyway, sorry for starting this so early, you will all be so bored by the time our trip comes round... but I am SO excited!

Roll on August!!!!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*

Last edited by RoseBug; 08-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.
RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
tigger17
DIS Veteran

Fab start August will come round really quickly I love all the tops have fun planing xxx
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
Disney Princesses LW
Mouseketeer

Loving this pre trip report already, we have so many similarities, I too am getting more Disney obsessed the older I get! (although it does help I finally got my girl after 2 boys!! ans she like your little girl thinks she is a princess everyday!!)
We also went in the cold month of February and return with friends this time in Oct we going for the MNNSHP and cant wait.
We are staying in NBH admi floor, 3nights 4 days and cant wait to hear all about it from your trip reports when you return.
We are going half board and as its my little girls birthday same month we going to Auberges for a princess tea party, we also are going to boy cowboy cookout still never met Woody!! and our friends want to do Cafe Mickey which we loved so much in Feb xxxxx

Looking forward to more updates xxxxx
Disneyland Paris Feb 2012, Oct 2012 and March 2013
just booked again
Walt Disney World September 2014

Disney Princesses LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Disney Princesses LW
Mouseketeer

Ps I too have bought DD that rapunzel t shirt for Easter!! hahaah

although I could do with a relataive in America my friends are going WDW in June & Aug so if you see any good bargins let me know xxxx
Disneyland Paris Feb 2012, Oct 2012 and March 2013
just booked again
Walt Disney World September 2014

Disney Princesses LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

I love that swimsuit and towel dress it is beautiful!!!

Love Rosebugs comments so cute kids say the best/ cutest things ever x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
RoseBug

Thanks guys! So glad you have read, and don't think I am starting too early...

Disney Princess LW - it is so hard having him in America (mostly because I would rather he was home!), because there is so much I want on the Disney website, but anytime I ask him to get me stuff he sends shed loads and won't take any money for it! So I try not to ask - all the Prince dolls are $8 on there at the minute though, so I have had to ask him to get Flynn for Rosebug, as I can't get it over here, and she asks for Flynn all the time!

My only real wish for this trip is that we had enough to take my mam and gran with us. My mam has had a really dreadful time recently (was mis-diagnosed with pneumonia and nearly died from giant liver abscesses, had emergency surgery and was in hospital for 5+ weeks, all started when we were in Disney in Feb!) and I know one of the only things she wants to do is go to Disneyland (she is a massive Disney fan like me) and has never been, she would especially love to go with Rosebug, but she'll never afford it and we're struggling to afford it for us! Hopefully when we got to California in 2014 we can take her and gran with us then!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

It's never too early for a trip report It actually helps with the planning I think, when you see in black and white in front of you.

I love the shareholder quote of pointing to a brick and saying it's yours Where to pick.......

All those clothes look lovely too. I like the meals you have planned too

Let the planning commence
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
RoseBug

Well, I have decided on how to do a "countdown" with Rosebug, but whilst I have the idea, I also have no creative brain at all, so don't know how to pull it off. I have asked on the Creative DISigns board in the hopes someone can help me, but so far nothing!

I want to make a height chart, with various characters and maybe images from DLP, and a set of markers saying things like "Not quite big enough yet! or "You will be big enough in 4 months and 1 day!" and will change the marker once a week when we measure her (as obviously we don't know how much she will grow at all between now and August, if at all, she is teeny and they are looking to see if it is linked to her tummy/bottom problems! ).

But up to now - this is just an idea, as I have no idea how to make one myself to print off! She will love it when I finally manage it though!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

It sounds like you are going to have a great trip. Could you buy a height chart then print out the pictures/captions you wanted onto sticky labels? As long as the height chart has a plasticy coating you should be able to remove/restick the labels and if you tore one you could always print another copy.

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It sounds like you are going to have a great trip. Could you buy a height chart then print out the pictures/captions you wanted onto sticky labels? As long as the height chart has a plasticy coating you should be able to remove/restick the labels and if you tore one you could always print another copy.
I am going to attempt to make something tonight... we'll see what it turns out like! I should be better at things like this, considering I make on average 50 resources a month for school, worksheets, games, activities... and they look great (most of the time!)
Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
RoseBug

I have just opened a shareholders account with Halifax, was all very excited to be able to say that I was a shareholder tonight... alas, it is outside of International trading hours, so I have to wait until tomorrow! Quite surprised at how low the stock prices are at £3.70, so with the fee it is £85!

Will buy them first thing tomorrow and then start the panic on which documents to fill out and send off to become an official Le Club Actionnaires member!

So this now lets us add Salon Mickey into our daily plans! How very exciting, and lots of discounts!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug View Post
I am going to attempt to make something tonight... we'll see what it turns out like! I should be better at things like this, considering I make on average 50 resources a month for school, worksheets, games, activities... and they look great (most of the time!)
I'm sure it will look great once it is finished. Don't forget to show us all

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
RoseBug

What a week! Rosebug was admitted to hospital on Friday to try to get on top of her little bowel problems, she was discharged today and when we got home she asked "Have they made me bigger?" She is convinced she was in hospital so they could make her bigger (they had to measure her a few times, as she is teeny and they are looking at if there is a link to her bowel issues). So I REALLY need to get the Big Enough for Disneyland height chart made, but I am so bogged down with work atm I won't get a chance!

I am so glad we have booked NPBC hotel (although I am still hoping for that 90% off DLH sale for our dates ), when she arrived at the hospital on Friday she asked if they had a swimming pool like the hotel she is going to stay in at Disneyland! On the NHS? Not quite little one! She was happy with the teddy she got off the nurse and the letter from Tinkerbell (dietician) with a shopping list and request to eat lots of fibre!

So, anyway - planning has been slightly on hold with all this, but I did manage to buy Rosebug two new t-shirts from Tesco (I've put them away now, without taking a photo! but these are the links

Daisy Duck
http://www.clothingattesco.com/invt/kc212215/

and
Minnie Mouse
http://www.clothingattesco.com/invt/kc120616/

And I have spotted one on there for me too!

I've been thinking about meals (thanks to all the crazy meal planning by other DISer's this weekend) and really not sure what to do.

We really want to eat at Inventions/Auberge/Café Mickey - all for character meals, but with the 7pm parade time I am not sure how we will fit in Inventions evening buffet, and guessing Café Mickey will have to be lunch time because of the parade times too, in order to catch the characters!

Quite fancying Cowboy Cookout too.... ARGH! My head is battered!

Oh - and how could I forget, I am now a member of the Shareholders club! Just need to figure out which brick to tell Rosebug we own a bit of!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
HFJohnson
Mouseketeer

The 7pm parade time is a bit of a pain isn't it! I think it's going to be at that time when we go in May so I've had change some of my dinner plans! We'll probably only get to see it once aswell as I don't really want to wait until 8pm to eat. We'll see.

It's great being a shareholder isn't it! I like the idea of choosing a brick that's "yours" - I think we might do that when we visit. We'll pick our favourite part of the park and nominate a bit that just belongs to us
Old 05-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
RoseBug

Well, this is our current DLP plan of action & meal plan:

Tuesday

7am - arrive at NPB from Kyriad and check in.

8am - EMH - Castle visit first and meet the Dragon then would like to get on Dumbo; Peter Pan's Flight; Mad Hatter's Tea Cups and Le Carrousel de Lancelot if possible.

9.30am+ - breakfast at Salon Mickey

10:30am - Princess Makeover at DLH for DD

12pm - lunch at Auberge (probably won't eat much)

2pm - head back to room for a nap/swim

4pm - grab something from Village or DLH for coffee & Mickey waffles on way back to park

5pm - Fantasyland - Alice's labryinth; Storybook boats; Casey and It's a Small World

7pm - Parade

Depending on time between Parade and Fantillusion - share a pizza at Café Mickey

Fantillusion

Dreams

Wednesday

Lie-in after Dreams

9am - breakfast at NPB/Cafe Mickey or DLH

9:30am - Studios (Crush; Slinky; Parachutes; Cars; Flying Carpets; Animagique; Playhouse Disney; Stitch Live; Cars & Stars Parade and RnRC)

1pm - Restaurant En Coulisse

5pm - back to room for nap/shower and change of clothes

6:30pm - Inventions character buffet

8pm - Adventureland (Aladdin; Pirate Ship; POTC)

Possible early night or Fantillusion/Dreams again

Thursday

7am - breakfast in room at NPB

8am - EMH in DLP (shopping; Discoveryland (Buzz and SM2 for me) and back to Fantasyland if time)

10am - snack at Salon Mickey

10:30am - Frontierland

1:30pm - Anniversary Train

2pm - Cafe Mickey character lunch

4pm - Nap & Swim

5:30pm - back to Park

7pm - Casey's hotdogs/nuggets whilst watching Parade

9pm - Fantillusion & Dreams

Friday

8am - EMH if we get up in time - or a lie in and breakfast

9am - Fantasyland EMH

10am - snack at Salon Mickey

10:30am - favourite attractions/Princess Pavilion?

1pm - Cowboy Cookout Character Meal

3:30pm - Anniversary Train

6pm - Something quick but filling before leaving for airport!

I am well aware that this will not go to plan, queues and crowds may scupper most it, but at least this way we can try to get everything done. We will be wandering near Alice's labyrinth abit to try to meet Alice/White Rabbit and might try to squeeze in DLH meets on Thursday or Friday, also want to meet Duffy so will queue for him, and possibly the odd other character that pops up!

It would seem we are going to have to carry costumes in our bag - Rosebug told me tonight that if she meets Alice - she wants to be wearing her Alice dress... etc. Dear God!!!

So very excited, she told me tonight (whilst making me watch the Dreams and Parade clip from DLP website AGAIN) that "I like Disneyland. It makes me happy!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: