Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
cccdisney
DIS Diva

We also have a son with autism and take him to DL quite often. And like bumbershoot mentioned, it works the same as at WDW. You do not need to bring any dx paperwork or anything. Simply go to the City Hall at the beginning of Main Street and ask for the GAC. They will ask what type of "help" he needs, but are not allowed to ask about a specific diagnosis. For my son I always mention he is a flight risk, doesn't understand lines, non-verbal, etc. But of course as you know, all of our special kiddos are different! So you know what will help your son. Btw, I also have them stamp our GAC with a "stroller=wheelchair" stamp!
Hope this helps!
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
Catkramer
Mouseketeer

Thank you! The last time we have been to Disneyland, Kevin was 2 years old, already diagnosed and we didn't know anything about the pass. He spent most of the trip in the hotel room throwing up. I think he was just so over whelmed and over stimulated. But we also have a now 9 year old, and we had taken her for her 6th birthday. So we took a close family member with us to be able to juggle both kids and meet every one's needs.

I am excited to be able to Kevin again to Disneyland. There are several rides that I think he will love that they just don't have at Magic Kingdom. I think he is finally tall enough to go on Space Mountain, and we, this time, will be taking him for HIS birthday.

Amazing how much of a difference research can make when you are planning your trip to Disney with a special needs child.

Each time I went to get the pass at Magic Kingdom, I just asked for the pass and told him upfront that he had Autism and they never asked for anything else. So thank you for the information. I appreciate it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: