Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Back from GF, THV and BLT

We returned late Wednesday from a great vacation at WDW. We started at the GF, moved on to the TreeHouse Villas and finished in a one BR at BLT. We thoroughly enjoyed each resort but fell in love with THV. We don't own at SSR so I'm not sure we'll ever be lucky enough to get a reservation there again.

I always find that photos somehow don't do justice to WDW resorts but that is especially true of THV IMO.

We enjoyed meals at California Grill, Citricos, GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, Brown Derby, Chefs de France, Boma (B) and Turf Club. We also enjoyed Seasons 52 and dined at Cafe D'Antonios a couple times as well as did carryout from there. Love that restaurant.

Glad to answer any questions.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
minniesota
Land is a good thing, too
Glad to be of service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
We returned late Wednesday from a great vacation at WDW. We started at the GF, moved on to the TreeHouse Villas and finished in a one BR at BLT. We thoroughly enjoyed each resort but fell in love with THV. We don't own at SSR so I'm not sure we'll ever be lucky enough to get a reservation there again.

I always find that photos somehow don't do justice to WDW resorts but that is especially true of THV IMO.

We enjoyed meals at California Grill, Citricos, GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, Brown Derby, Chefs de France, Boma (B) and Turf Club. We also enjoyed Seasons 52 and dined at Cafe D'Antonios a couple times as well as did carryout from there. Love that restaurant.

Glad to answer any questions.
Hey, welcome back! Hope you had a fabulous time. What did you love about THV? And would you mind giving more details on your experience at Citricos and Chef de France? Where is Cafe D'Antonios?
minniesota is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesota View Post
Hey, welcome back! Hope you had a fabulous time. What did you love about THV? And would you mind giving more details on your experience at Citricos and Chef de France? Where is Cafe D'Antonios?
Hi, minniesota. Thanks, we did have a great vacation although it was hot and humid at the end...at least for us.

We loved THV for so many reasons. The solitude was wonderful. Our villa was along the canal and from the master bedroom all that could be seen was the canal and woods. The furnishings are very, very nice. There are three BRs and two full baths. The kitchen is lovely. We didn't use it to cook but love the full size fridge, the oven to keep breakfast from the Artist Palette warm until sleepyheads arose, etc.. There is so much storage in the units. Every BR had a nice size dresser and a closet. There was another closet in the living room. Four TVs, five phones. Someone posted great pictures of THV on the DVC forums.

We had lunch at Chefs which we do almost every trip. Sadly, the great rolls that have always been served there have been changed. The rolls are now tough and coarse. Everything else we had was good as always. The Croque Monsieur has also changed but I like the new version at least as well. Our younger son always orders the Tarte Alsacienne and devours it. Remy was there. When we saw him in March, I'm sure it was a professional actress who accompanied him. This time it was a personable young CM. She went to each table which was also a change from our March trip. That time, the CM went to sort of the center of a group of tables and interacted with different tables at once....more of a performance.

Just my DH and I had dinner at Citricos and we only ordered entrees. I had the braised veal shank which was delicious. It was soooo good. I can also recommend the braised short ribs at Citricos. I planned to order those when we returned this Monday but we ended up canceling due to a change in plans. My husband ordered a steak which he thought was different. Our server told us it was grassfed Australian beef when he asked about it. She offered several times to bring him something different but he didn't take her up on it. It was cooked perfectly to order BTW. I have to see if my DH kept the receipt as our server was fantastic.

I know you are a fellow Gf fan. The new marble tiles are lovely. Can't wait to see the floors finished next trip.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

When staying at Bay Lake Tower was it easy checking in at the Contemporary, then going back there when you wanted to look at the 4th floor or use any of the transportation options? Obviously I know about the skybridge when going back and fourth, but after experiencing it in person do you wish Bay Lake Tower had those things at the Contemporary?
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
e6bflyer
Earning My Ears

Looks like a really fun trip!
e6bflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
When staying at Bay Lake Tower was it easy checking in at the Contemporary, then going back there when you wanted to look at the 4th floor or use any of the transportation options? Obviously I know about the skybridge when going back and fourth, but after experiencing it in person do you wish Bay Lake Tower had those things at the Contemporary?
I found it quite easy. I checked in early and got our keys knowing the villa probably wouldn't be available. The valet podium just held the car keys while I checked in. When we returned to the CR after being told our villa was ready, we just parked at BLT and unpacked.

Getting to the monorail and restaurants was a short walk. We didn't use the buses from the CR.

Just like at BC/BCV, I actually prefer having the hustle bustle in the main part of the resort. The villas are very peaceful.

I don't like heights in general but found the skybridge just fine. Maybe the undulating shape helps. At any rate, it is a short walk with some amazing views. Our villa was on the 12th floor facing Bay Lake and the view was glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e6bflyer View Post
Looks like a really fun trip!
It was indeed!

I was organizing some of my paperwork and realized I forgot to mention some other restaurants. We had dinner and lunches at Raglan Road, Wolfgang Puck Cafe and the Plaza. My DH and DS2 also enjoyed lunch at Tutto Italia which has been a dinner favorite of ours. They also had lunch at RFC and we had two quick lunches from Contempo Cafe.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #7
purpliequeen
DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm so, so, so jealous!

I'm glad you had a wonderful stay. Looks like my family will have to look into staying at the THV in the near future. Great to get a review from there.
~Dec. '05~ Saratoga Springs Resort
~Aug. '06~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge
~June '07~ Beach Club Villas
~Dec. '08 - Jan. '09~ Yacht Club & Grand Floridian
~Jan. '10~ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Concierge
~Dec. '10~ Christmas at Boardwalk Villas
~Mar. '11~ Bay Lake Tower
~Dec. '11~ Animal Kingdom Lodge
purpliequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
I found it quite easy. I checked in early and got our keys knowing the villa probably wouldn't be available. The valet podium just held the car keys while I checked in. When we returned to the CR after being told our villa was ready, we just parked at BLT and unpacked.

Getting to the monorail and restaurants was a short walk. We didn't use the buses from the CR.

Just like at BC/BCV, I actually prefer having the hustle bustle in the main part of the resort. The villas are very peaceful.

I don't like heights in general but found the skybridge just fine. Maybe the undulating shape helps. At any rate, it is a short walk with some amazing views. Our villa was on the 12th floor facing Bay Lake and the view was glorious.
That's great to know.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #9
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Where is Cafe D'Antonios?
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #10
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post
Where is Cafe D'Antonios?
Sorry, meant to answer minnuesota about that....it is in Celebration which is S of WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: