Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #1426
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Good Evening Fockers!

LORI says Christmas shopping can lead to buying things you don’t need. She has a few DIY projects in the works.
We need pics of the completed projects.

CE needs wine. She was very busy today.
I hope you had fun, wine or not.

Hi T!

ROSIE’s car had a smashed side-view mirror when she left work.

JO skipped golf for the day.
Did the course fall in?

JANET is finally going to clean her panties……..ur I mean pantry. She’s getting Thanksgiving décor up too.

V was buying all the Christmas stuff for friends and family. She still is having a lot of tension headaches. She went to the doc. She is off the thyroid meds. She is on tension relaxers.
Well I hope it all works out now.

DENISE is quilting and going to see the new Christmas Carol.
Have fun!

TE says BA has H1N1! She is on Tamiflu.
Never used it. I hope she gets well soon.

################################################## ################################
Gotta work tonight and Sat. night. The weekends are always the worst.

2 parties on Sunday.
I’ll be skipping the first one. Doug’s great-nieces’(That’s plural) is at 1pm. Too early for me since I won’t be off until 6AM. My Bro is having a party at his and fiance’s place. That’s at 3:30PM. I’ll probably go. I won’t know anyone. Plus he has asked that we bring munchies. I won’t have time to make anything. I can just swing by one of the supermarkets and grab some treats and sandwich fixin’s.

Hey, at Wallyworld in the ‘seasonal’ aisle, I found chocolate covered Ritz crackers. My aunt used to make them all the time at holidays. They are delish. Plus they had all kinds of mint Oreos. I didn’t partake in those but – OMG - they looked good. Some were candy cane flavor. Now I know why I should never, ever go down that aisle. If I didn’t have a conscience I’d buy one of everything!

Chat at ya’ll later!

Old 11-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #1427
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I'm here Janet. Just checking in.

V - I was going to prescribe booze! Lots and lots of booze... that always makes me relax.

I'm just about fed up with my pediatrician. I can't find the ding dang flu shot anywhere. Oh and don't even get me started on the H1N1 vaccine. You can get it if you don't have insurance, but if you have insurance get in the back of the line next to the health care workers.

Is it unethical if I head down the clinic and say I don't have insurance? Poor Evan isn't vaccinated with the seasonal or the H1N1 and he's high risk. Grrrrr.
That is soo unfair !! Children, the elderley and pregnant women are High risk for swine flu !! I apparently am not in that group and I thought I was elderley!!! But I have heard that the risks of the swine flu vaccine are not really known as it is new !!!! One OB/GYN here is telling his Moms NOT to get it !!!! To lessen the chnaces of getting it use some prevention .. The biggest is frquent handwashing !!A couple I hadn't heard before were gargling with salt water , and blowing your nose and cleaning it with saline 1 -3 times daily!!!Also use disinfectant daily towipe down faucets,light switches, remotes ,phones and keys !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #1428
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Poor thing...

So, my mom. It's the same old thing... She thinks I am selfish and hateful because I won't do whatever she wants all the time. When we went to Disney, she did a horrible job taking care of my kids and it really ruined the trip for me. She didn't sign their folders or have them do homework. Camryn signed my mom's name on her planner so she wouldn't get in trouble. How irresponsible to put her grandkids in a position where they would get in trouble at school everyday.

She took them to fast food for all the meals. At one point, B called me upset that my mom wasn't there to pick her up after school. When I called my mom to tell her B was upset and ask where she was, she was ugly about it.

She demands that holidays/birthdays are when she wants and where and if I try to say no or do what's best for my kids/family- well, that's grounds for namecalling and hateful e-mails.

Her trip to WDW last week was full of complaints and even though I told her she couldn't come (I'm so hateful and selfish, remember), she tried to muscled her way back in by saying she's just going to be there when we are. After the fight last night, now she's not. Thank goodness...

That's all I want to say because I just don't want to spend any of my time on her. I guess I just can't have a relationship with her. I need to focus on my kids and what they need.
Poor C (and you!)
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #1429
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Watched some TV with BA--"gowns and Crowns"---ever watched it?? It's about beauty pageants in SC---I could SO be there! Cheer moms can cross train to pageant moms in a heart beat! Gotta love the drama!

She still feels like crap tho.
Funny thing---you're right about the handwashing stuff---but honestly, BA is a total nutcase about germs! She carries multiple hand sanitizers, washes hands the right way every time, and preaches to others about it! But it's so widespread, I dont' think you can miss it.

Luckily, they said our residents at the nursing home are at low risk---probably already exposed. I think CE said something about exposure in the 20s or 30s even??? Anyway, no one has got it!

I saw in the paper today that a resident we had just died--he was 73 and was thought to be the oldest living man with Down syndrome (although not confirmed by Guinness). He liked to be called "Conway Twitty" cause that's who he loved. Really sweet gentleman.

And we sold Minnie Cow and Black Cow today....hope they are at good homes....got $713 but probably only made about $100 net. We are keeping the other 3 to sell in Jan.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #1430
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Wow--I was last yesterday and first today??! That's never happened!

Where is everyone?? still a sicky house here, but at least BA is still asleep and all the critters are fed.....to head to the shower soon.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #1431
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am here TE !!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #1432
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Well. What a day.

The book fair preview went well enough, and I'm actually now pretty calm about it for the rest of the week. Lots of work, yes, but now I feel like I know what I'm dealing with.
Glad you got everything set up and feel setteled about it. Sounds like you had a good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Gotta work tonight and Sat. night. The weekends are always the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal
Hey, at Wallyworld in the ‘seasonal’ aisle, I found chocolate covered Ritz crackers. My aunt used to make them all the time at holidays. They are delish. Plus they had all kinds of mint Oreos. I didn’t partake in those but – OMG - they looked good. Some were candy cane flavor. Now I know why I should never, ever go down that aisle. If I didn’t have a conscience I’d buy one of everything!
Mmmmmmmmm...the ritz sound good! I'm a fan of Oreos (especially the Double Stuff) but just like 'em like a good ole fashioned Oreo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Watched some TV with BA--"gowns and Crowns"---ever watched it?? It's about beauty pageants in SC---I could SO be there! Cheer moms can cross train to pageant moms in a heart beat! Gotta love the drama!
Love it! I thought it was over for the season though. I guess I'll need to set up my DVR to record it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE
Funny thing---you're right about the handwashing stuff---but honestly, BA is a total nutcase about germs! She carries multiple hand sanitizers, washes hands the right way every time, and preaches to others about it! But it's so widespread, I dont' think you can miss it.
to BA

Not much going on with us today. Just cleaning up and doing some laundry. The kids have passed on their germs onto me and I'm starting to feel the sore throat, cough and stuffy nose coming on, along with a headache. It doesn't help that my kids argue and fight with each other every 5 seconds over stupid little things.

Hope y'all have a good weekend and I'll probably pop on later.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #1433
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just now wolfed down some leftover mac & cheese, the first meal I've had since 11:00 this morning, and after some wine. Yeah. I'd be all over drunken foreign language night, I think.
When nobody was around I went to bed

Quote:
JANET is finally going to clean her panties……..ur I mean pantry. She’s getting Thanksgiving décor up too.

Quote:
My Bro is having a party at his and fiance’s place. That’s at 3:30PM. I’ll probably go. I won’t know anyone.
Bro? The one that just got divorced????

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That is soo unfair !! Children, the elderley and pregnant women are High risk for swine flu !! I apparently am not in that group and I thought I was elderley!!! But I have heard that the risks of the swine flu vaccine are not really known as it is new !!!! One OB/GYN here is telling his Moms NOT to get it !!!! To lessen the chnaces of getting it use some prevention .. The biggest is frquent handwashing !!A couple I hadn't heard before were gargling with salt water , and blowing your nose and cleaning it with saline 1 -3 times daily!!!Also use disinfectant daily towipe down faucets,light switches, remotes ,phones and keys !!!
Actually Rosie they said the elderly are not at high risk due to being exposed to it in 20's and 30's. And you are not old

Quote:
I tried watching that once. It scared me

Quote:
Wow--I was last yesterday and first today??! That's never happened!

Where is everyone?? still a sicky house here, but at least BA is still asleep and all the critters are fed.....to head to the shower soon.
Morning TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
You too. Hope you feel better

===========================

I've been up since about 7am. Cleaned and organized my panty and the kitchen cabinets. Next is taking down the Halloween decorations and putting up the Turkey Day decorations. Then I have to grocery shop and do laundry. Fun, fun fun

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll check back later!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #1434
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I've been up since about 7am. Cleaned and organized my panty and the kitchen cabinets. Next is taking down the Halloween decorations and putting up the Turkey Day decorations. Then I have to grocery shop and do laundry. Fun, fun fun

We're putting our kitchen back together as well after the paint job. I need to take some pics and show y'all. It's not all the way done since we need to put up the back splash but I'm really liking the color.

And I'm plugging it...but I started a PTR. Link is in my siggy. (I hope it works).

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #1435
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

TE so sorry about BA, hope she has mild symptoms and gets better quick

Lori, get better soon too

Janet wow you're a cleaning machine!!!

Em and Dad are here and we've had a lovely walk, Em and I also went to the supermarket where she has stocked up on so much stuff, mainly toddler foods as she says all of yours have tons of sugar in. She bought some fruit purees which apparently in the US also have sugar in She also bought things like gravy and cheese sauce granules oh and a jar of indian cook in sauce

We're off to a chinese restaurant in a minute, I've made sure my cafe is fine before we go though
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #1436
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
2 parties on Sunday.
I’ll be skipping the first one. Doug’s great-nieces’(That’s plural) is at 1pm. Too early for me since I won’t be off until 6AM. My Bro is having a party at his and fiance’s place. That’s at 3:30PM. I’ll probably go. I won’t know anyone. Plus he has asked that we bring munchies. I won’t have time to make anything. I can just swing by one of the supermarkets and grab some treats and sandwich fixin’s.
Sounds like it might be nice, though I hate when I know no one but the hosts.
Have fun! Sorry you have to work the weekend.

Quote:
Luckily, they said our residents at the nursing home are at low risk---probably already exposed. I think CE said something about exposure in the 20s or 30s even??? Anyway, no one has got it!
Yep, saw it on 60 Minutes. It's similar to the flu strains from before 1950, (including the big 1918 one) so the older people, who are usually so at risk, have some immunity.

Quote:
Glad you got everything set up and feel setteled about it. Sounds like you had a good night.
We did!

Quote:
Not much going on with us today. Just cleaning up and doing some laundry. The kids have passed on their germs onto me and I'm starting to feel the sore throat, cough and stuffy nose coming on, along with a headache. It doesn't help that my kids argue and fight with each other every 5 seconds over stupid little things.
Hope you're feeling better!

Quote:

Sounds like a productive day, if not exactly fun.

Quote:
We're putting our kitchen back together as well after the paint job. I need to take some pics and show y'all. It's not all the way done since we need to put up the back splash but I'm really liking the color.
Good, I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
We're off to a chinese restaurant in a minute, I've made sure my cafe is fine before we go though
We went out to breakfast, and I all of a sudden on the way home got worried because I'd not served my "12 hour" dishes before we went. They were fine, though. Sigh.

So, we have had a nice morning, if not a productive one. The boys have been asking for a while to go to the maple farm restaurant for breakfast, so we did. They often have a long wait, which wasn't the case this morning, but the service was really slow. Then, they have a trail/creek area where you can walk around, but I was wearing my clogs, not meant for walking, so I just chilled outside the gift shop. Then the kids wanted to go in the gift shop. Then we decided to stop at a farm stand store for apples and veggies on the way back, so going out to breakfast ended up with us getting home after noon.

Oh, well. It was nice. It's chilly, but sunny, so it's been a good day.

Dave is out trying to get more of the stump of that tree/bush thing we took out last weekend. I need to go poke around in my basement - there is a smell. I found a dead mouse right in front of my washing machine on Wed. and D says he found one last week, too. We have the sticky traps, but the bad thing is that I don't know everywhere that the Terminix guy put them, so I may have to search and see if that's the issue. And I don't know why the mouse was dead in front of the machine, as he wasn't in a trap. Ugh.

Once I poke around some, I think I'm going to have a nap.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #1437
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
T - They said on the enws here that H1N1 is actually slowing down here. Not as many new cases
Well that's good. It's not going around here, YET. BUT the seasonal flu is running rampant locally.
Quote:
I was just reading the story of the policewoman who shot the Ft hood gunman: she's also a wife of a military sargeant and a mother to a 3 year old.
Her bio says: "I live a good life....a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."
...I joined the FB group honoring her---I hope she recovers from her gunshots.

Quote:
We don't have any H1N1 in NH, and the regular flu vaccine is becoming hard to find. I have an appt. at the pedi for the boys next Friday, but I have zero confidence that it will actually be in stock. I say, do what you need to do to protect your kid.
Yup, I've been calling daily to find out when it's going to be in. I'm told the same thing "Try tomorrow!" UGH!

Quote:

Hey, at Wallyworld in the ‘seasonal’ aisle, I found chocolate covered Ritz crackers. My aunt used to make them all the time at holidays. They are delish. Plus they had all kinds of mint Oreos. I didn’t partake in those but – OMG - they looked good. Some were candy cane flavor. Now I know why I should never, ever go down that aisle. If I didn’t have a conscience I’d buy one of everything!Chat at ya’ll later!
You mean you didn't???
Have a good weekend!
Quote:
Actually it's not really a NEW vaccine. It's pretty much the same as the seasonal flu with the added strain.

Quote:
Those pagent shows scare me. Have you seen toddlers and tiaras? OMG, those mothers are NUTS!

Quote:

Well aren't you just Miss Productive today?
Quote:
Ha! When my computer crashed, I was sure my roast was rotten, but it stayed for 3 days without going bad. Weird, huh?

WTH are fruit purees? I know Gerber baby food has a lot of sugar. Has she tried Nature's Best?

Quote:
So, we have had a nice morning, if not a productive one. The boys have been asking for a while to go to the maple farm restaurant for breakfast, so we did. They often have a long wait, which wasn't the case this morning, but the service was really slow. Then, they have a trail/creek area where you can walk around, but I was wearing my clogs, not meant for walking, so I just chilled outside the gift shop. Then the kids wanted to go in the gift shop. Then we decided to stop at a farm stand store for apples and veggies on the way back, so going out to breakfast ended up with us getting home after noon.
That sounds like a nice morning.
Quote:
I need to go poke around in my basement - there is a smell. I found a dead mouse right in front of my washing machine on Wed. and D says he found one last week, too. We have the sticky traps, but the bad thing is that I don't know everywhere that the Terminix guy put them, so I may have to search and see if that's the issue. And I don't know why the mouse was dead in front of the machine, as he wasn't in a trap. Ugh.
OMG, I would freak OUT! I had rodents, bugs, spiders... all of that sort of thing!.

So I headed over to the Flu Clinic and the wait time was 3 HOURS!!! Forget it. I can't deal with that, I'll just keep calling my ped.

The weather is so very fall like today. I declared it a pajama day, but got vetoed as my neice is having a soccer game this afternoon, so we'll have to go to that.

I'm jonesing for some homemade Albondigas today, so I think I'll make that for dinner.

Tomorrow DLR is taping their parts for the Disney Christmas Parade, so we might head over to that and try to get our mugs in the shots.

Happy Weekend everyone!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #1438
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG, I would freak OUT! I had rodents, bugs, spiders... all of that sort of thing!.
I found four more. Yucko. I hope that's it, though. Most of them were tiny - is it weird that I feel guilt, even though I don't want them? I have the door open downstairs to try to get some fresh air in, but likely it will just mean more mice. Thankfully, I have never, ever, seen one upstairs - they apparently stick to the basement. Not great, but better than the kitchen.

Quote:
Tomorrow DLR is taping their parts for the Disney Christmas Parade, so we might head over to that and try to get our mugs in the shots.
Good luck!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #1439
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hello!

Quote:

I saw in the paper today that a resident we had just died--he was 73 and was thought to be the oldest living man with Down syndrome (although not confirmed by Guinness). He liked to be called "Conway Twitty" cause that's who he loved. Really sweet gentleman.

And we sold Minnie Cow and Black Cow today....hope they are at good homes....got $713 but probably only made about $100 net. We are keeping the other 3 to sell in Jan.
I think I've seen that. Sorry but I think it is disgusting. I believe that the pageants shouldn't encourage the 'fake' beauty in the very young girls.(Pre-tween) IMO, children are more beautiful without all the gook. And I want to see there honest abilities. Not the routines that are made up by someone else. I feel so sorry for some of the contestants who are pushed into doing it too. Sorry it just bugs me. I know you couldn't tell.
Congrats on making a little money on the bovine.

Quote:
I am here TE !!!
Hi there!

Quote:

Sorry about your little boogers. I mean the kids not your sinuses. Well, I am sorry you have a cold though.

Quote:

You have done well with your Saturday. When does the fun start?
Yep you might have missed that part on my brother. He is getting married on the 21st of this month. 6 months since the divorce. Cool, huh? He and K graduated from High School together. She is divorced also.

Quote:

And I'm plugging it...but I started a PTR. Link is in my siggy. (I hope it works).
Can't wait to see some pics. I've subscribed to your PTR. I'll try to check it out tonight.

Quote:
Em and Dad are here and we've had a lovely walk, Em and I also went to the supermarket where she has stocked up on so much stuff, mainly toddler foods as she says all of yours have tons of sugar in. She bought some fruit purees which apparently in the US also have sugar in She also bought things like gravy and cheese sauce granules oh and a jar of indian cook in sauce.

So Em is kinda makin' up for being bad? Glad you are having a good time.

Quote:

Oh, well. It was nice. It's chilly, but sunny, so it's been a good day.

Dave is out trying to get more of the stump of that tree/bush thing we took out last weekend. I need to go poke around in my basement - there is a smell. I found a dead mouse right in front of my washing machine on Wed. and D says he found one last week, too. We have the sticky traps, but the bad thing is that I don't know everywhere that the Terminix guy put them, so I may have to search and see if that's the issue. And I don't know why the mouse was dead in front of the machine, as he wasn't in a trap. Ugh.

Once I poke around some, I think I'm going to have a nap.
The breakfast sounded nice. I think we finally got the mouse that has been making noise in our basement. I have stickies and decon. I haven't smelled anything. I haven't looked around yet either. Maybe I should do that.

Quote:
So I headed over to the Flu Clinic and the wait time was 3 HOURS!!! Forget it. I can't deal with that, I'll just keep calling my ped.

The weather is so very fall like today. I declared it a pajama day, but got vetoed as my neice is having a soccer game this afternoon, so we'll have to go to that.

I'm jonesing for some homemade Albondigas today, so I think I'll make that for dinner.

Happy Weekend everyone!
Albondiga? Is that Spanish for bologna tacos?
Sorry about the shot drama. Yeah, I would like to have a pajama day tomorrow......ain't happenin'.

Gotta get ready for work.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Old 11-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #1440
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Sssshhhh Don'tellanyone I'm playing Hookie from work!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: