Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #1411
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Morning! Anyone have suggestions for how to relax muscle tension? My neck and shoulder muscles got all tensed up during the craziness a couple weeks ago and I can't get the muscles to release. I'm using a heat wrap on and off all day; the muscles relax, then contract again within an hour. Ditto for doing yoga. It's causing blinding headaches and I'm at a loss!
No suggestions

Quote:
I have my Dr. appt. in a bit... in the 3 days since I stopped the thyroids meds again my morning BP went from 144 / 92 to 119 / 82. No question left in my mind that this stuff is poison to my body.
[

Sounds like it! Good luck at the doctors!

Quote:
In more uplifting news, I'm whittling down the holiday shopping! Leo wants but one thing: a Playmobil Egyptian Pyramid. It's FREAKINZG expensive, but it's all he wants. I found it on sale at Toys R Us, so grabbed that, and ordered stuff for my mom, boss and Leo on Amazon yesterday. Everyone out of town is getting gift cards; I can't spend much this year and would rather have what I'd pay for shipping actual things go toward the cost of something they want.
Excellent plan. Wow, I wish Jimmy only asked for one thing, on the other hand everything he is asking for is not that expensive so I guess that is good and some of it I just refuse to buy...like more Moon Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I slept better than I have been - a combination of being tired from a lot of box moving and feeling less stressed, I guess.
Good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic Friday!
You too!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #1412
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Well I'm skipping golf today, played too much and need a break, D is also off as he has no playing lessons today so we were going to do some more decorating in the bedroom but Mr Robot is not up to it So I may just do a little and then play on here, oh also my Dad just called and him and Em (she's here again as she has a wedding today) are coming tomorrow to stay the night so I suppose I should clean the guest room!
Sounds like a busy day! Have fun with Em & your dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Just a quick check in before I get to work. This was a long week, I guess because it was my first after being off for so long. I'm tired!

Quote:
I have my Dr. appt. in a bit... in the 3 days since I stopped the thyroids meds again my morning BP went from 144 / 92 to 119 / 82. No question left in my mind that this stuff is poison to my body.
No doubt it affects you. Good Luck and let us know how it goes when you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
We should have fun tonight, though, and we'll have a drink after.

I slept better than I have been - a combination of being tired from a lot of box moving and feeling less stressed, I guess.
Glad you were able to get some sleep and have fun tonight!

Quote:
Excellent plan. Wow, I wish Jimmy only asked for one thing, on the other hand everything he is asking for is not that expensive so I guess that is good and some of it I just refuse to buy...like more Moon Sand
Lindsey only asked for a Nitendo DS and a game for Christmas. She did mention an American Girl doll and some of the accessories but that's all that is on her list.

I picked up the generic brand of American Girl at Target yesterday because she is rough with her dolls and I'm not ready to invest that kind of money in the real deal yet. I also got her a few of the accessories to go with it.

I have no idea what to tell her father or anyone else to get her since her list is so short. I'll leave it up to her and see what she tells them.

Not much going on here. I called DR's pedi this morning and she's called in a prescription for his ear. He and I are about to head out and go pick that up along with doing a little grocery shopping. I want to go over to Walmart or maybe Target and check to see if they have any cute black boots for Lindsey. I saw they had some at Sears that I really liked but they were on the expensive side for me. Maybe I'll just forgo them all together since the girl has enough shoes.

Hope y'all have a good Friday!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #1413
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Wow, I wish Jimmy only asked for one thing, on the other hand everything he is asking for is not that expensive so I guess that is good and some of it I just refuse to buy...like more Moon Sand
Well, technically he also asked for a DS... to which I replied "When would you even have time to play with it?!" Mean momma. But it's true - I can't see spending that much money on something he has no time for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Not much going on here. I called DR's pedi this morning and she's called in a prescription for his ear.
Poor guy - hope he feels better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back from the Dr... hooray for Gramma's BP machine, because I was able to present my Dr. with a spread sheet of readings over the past few weeks that show how my BP went down off the thyroid meds! We decided to get me off all hormones for 6-8 weeks and see how my thyroid reads then. She also prescribed a muscle relaxant for my tension issue. Anyone up for drunk and drugged foreign language night?!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #1414
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, technically he also asked for a DS... to which I replied "When would you even have time to play with it?!" Mean momma. But it's true - I can't see spending that much money on something he has no time for.
Good point!

Quote:

Anyone up for drunk and drugged foreign language night?!
Sprechen Sie Deutch?

The boys will be at Cub Scouts tonight

Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #1415
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
So, my mom. It's the same old thing...
Sounds like someone needs to grow up here. to you.

Quote:
Well golf didn't go so well today, we lost, but only just, one of the ladies was horrid though, she was so nasty to her partner they literally had a verbal fight in the middle of the game
Like with the tennis, isn't this supposed to be FUN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Today I completely forgot to head to the school for my volunteer time! D'Oh!
Oops!!!

Quote:
I I think I'd rather buy toys for donation this year. My kids simply don't NEED more toys, KWIM?
Great idea! We're trying to scale things back this year too - and I like the idea of helping others!

Quote:
David has just come home early, he did something to his neck/back yesterday and can hardly move. Is it nasty that I laughed at him a minute ago as he looked like a robot?
(No, seriously, I hope he's feeling better!)

Quote:
DR and I went to Target this afternoon. I got some of the things on Lindsey's Christmas list and only have 1 more thing to go for her.

I also bought a bunch of stuff I don't need.
I always do that when I'm in Target They've got such great stuff I didn't know I needed!

Quote:
So I talked with my ex regarding the hotel he will be staying at with the kids and where it was at in Pittsburgh. I went online to look it up and check it out. OMG! All I have to say to him and his girlfriend is good luck and have fun with the kids in that little teeny tiny room for 5 days and 5 nights.
Not your problem, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well Todays DRAMA !!! I left work at 9pm to find someone had smashed my side view mirror !!I am******. I filed a report and have a Crime victims # I think they may reimburse me for the damage !!
Oh, no, sorry Rosie! That's sure a pain and I certainly hope they reimburse you!

Quote:
oh also my Dad just called and him and Em (she's here again as she has a wedding today) are coming tomorrow to stay the night so I suppose I should clean the guest room!
Wow, she's sure been zipping back and forth over the ocean alot, huh?

Quote:
Morning! Anyone have suggestions for how to relax muscle tension? My neck and shoulder muscles got all tensed up during the craziness a couple weeks ago and I can't get the muscles to release. I'm using a heat wrap on and off all day; the muscles relax, then contract again within an hour. Ditto for doing yoga. It's causing blinding headaches and I'm at a loss!

Quote:
She also prescribed a muscle relaxant for my tension issue.
I was going to prescribe a muscle relaxer for you too!

Quote:
Anyone up for drunk and drugged foreign language night?!
Sounds good
---------------------------------

Sure glad it's Friday! Not too much planned for this weekend, hope to get a lot of quilting done (and probably a little cleaning). Sunday we're going to see the new Jim Carrey Christmas Carol in 3D. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #1416
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

So where is everyone? The boys are off to Cub Scouts and I am home alone

Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #1417
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

I'm here Janet. Just checking in.

V - I was going to prescribe booze! Lots and lots of booze... that always makes me relax.

I'm just about fed up with my pediatrician. I can't find the ding dang flu shot anywhere. Oh and don't even get me started on the H1N1 vaccine. You can get it if you don't have insurance, but if you have insurance get in the back of the line next to the health care workers.

Is it unethical if I head down the clinic and say I don't have insurance? Poor Evan isn't vaccinated with the seasonal or the H1N1 and he's high risk. Grrrrr.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #1418
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm here Janet. Just checking in.

Quote:
I'm just about fed up with my pediatrician. I can't find the ding dang flu shot anywhere. Oh and don't even get me started on the H1N1 vaccine. You can get it if you don't have insurance, but if you have insurance get in the back of the line next to the health care workers.

Is it unethical if I head down the clinic and say I don't have insurance? Poor Evan isn't vaccinated with the seasonal or the H1N1 and he's high risk. Grrrrr.
I would T

Jimmy got his seasonal flu shot at his 6 year old check up, but hasn't gotten the H1N1 yet. They were giving it out at school but he has to get the shot not the mist! Our pediatrician doesn't have it yet either

Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #1419
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

I'm here---and I'm worn out.....BA has the H1n1 and feels like crap---hard to get her fever down. The dr did start her on Tamiflu--anyone know how long that takes to work??

V--sounds like a plan! The physical therapist is doing TENS treatment on BA for her neck spasms---she also told her to hang her head down and relax shoulders when she is really tight.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #1420
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
I'm here---and I'm worn out.....BA has the H1n1 and feels like crap---hard to get her fever down. The dr did start her on Tamiflu--anyone know how long that takes to work??
Oh no! Sending healing vibes your way, my friend. I hope BA feels better real soon!

I'm not familiar w/ Tamiflu, sorry.

Is there alot of it going around your area?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #1421
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:

V--sounds like a plan! The physical therapist is doing TENS treatment on BA for her neck spasms---she also told her to hang her head down and relax shoulders when she is really tight.
Oh no TE. Sending good thoughts I'm not familiar with Tamiflue either

T - They said on the enws here that H1N1 is actually slowing down here. Not as many new cases

Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #1422
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Oh no! Sending healing vibes your way, my friend. I hope BA feels better real soon!

I'm not familiar w/ Tamiflu, sorry.

Is there alot of it going around your area?
Quote:
Oh no TE. Sending good thoughts I'm not familiar with Tamiflue either

T - They said on the enws here that H1N1 is actually slowing down here. Not as many new cases

It's epidemic here---tons of kids...I was so glad they gave her Tamiflu as they said there was a shortage. Boy she feels rough--hurts to move. On her asthma inhaler too.

I was just reading the story of the policewoman who shot the Ft hood gunman: she's also a wife of a military sargeant and a mother to a 3 year old.
Her bio says: "I live a good life....a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."

...I joined the FB group honoring her---I hope she recovers from her gunshots.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #1423
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's epidemic here---tons of kids...I was so glad they gave her Tamiflu as they said there was a shortage. Boy she feels rough--hurts to move. On her asthma inhaler too.

Quote:
I was just reading the story of the policewoman who shot the Ft hood gunman: she's also a wife of a military sargeant and a mother to a 3 year old.
Her bio says: "I live a good life....a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."

Hope she is okay!

Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #1424
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Back from the Dr... hooray for Gramma's BP machine, because I was able to present my Dr. with a spread sheet of readings over the past few weeks that show how my BP went down off the thyroid meds! We decided to get me off all hormones for 6-8 weeks and see how my thyroid reads then. She also prescribed a muscle relaxant for my tension issue. Anyone up for drunk and drugged foreign language night?!
Glad you had a good appointment and hopefully some of your stress fades away here soon.

Quote:

UGH...that stinks!

Quote:
Oh no...Hope she starts feeling better soon!

With the Tamiflu do you only take it for 3-5 days? I think we talked about this in my Medical Assisting class but it might have been about the Z-Pack.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #1425
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oui, mademoiselle. Un vin rouge, sil vous plait.

I'm glad the doctor is on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Sure glad it's Friday! Not too much planned for this weekend, hope to get a lot of quilting done (and probably a little cleaning). Sunday we're going to see the new Jim Carrey Christmas Carol in 3D. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sounds fun!

Quote:
We don't have any H1N1 in NH, and the regular flu vaccine is becoming hard to find. I have an appt. at the pedi for the boys next Friday, but I have zero confidence that it will actually be in stock. I say, do what you need to do to protect your kid.

Quote:
No idea, but I'm so sorry.

Quote:

Horrible story.

Well. What a day.

The book fair preview went well enough, and I'm actually now pretty calm about it for the rest of the week. Lots of work, yes, but now I feel like I know what I'm dealing with.

The kids stayed at school with me, rather than riding the bus home, and then we all rushed home at 5:00 and I got tennis clothes and an "eat in the car" dinner for them. We got to my friend's house just before 5:30, but her ride home for the one daughter fell through, so they had to skedaddle after the tennis social to go get her from gymnastics.

But, the social was fun, D & I managed one drink and still beat my friend back to her house, and then we sat and chatted with some wine until nearly 10:00, when it became time to get the kids to bed.

I just now wolfed down some leftover mac & cheese, the first meal I've had since 11:00 this morning, and after some wine. Yeah. I'd be all over drunken foreign language night, I think.

It sounds like everyone had a pretty good day. Hope the weekend continues well. We don't really have much planned, so that's nice. I'll be around.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: