Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #1396
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Great, hope you get to set it all up tonight

Oh, he emailed me a couple of times in August and I was sure he was applying, pity he didn't as I know there is a gay Disney mad guy in the telephone finals and it could have been him!
An angry gay guy........or a crazy gay guy?? .......

how many get into the telephone finals?

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #1397
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
An angry gay guy........or a crazy gay guy?? .......

how many get into the telephone finals?
Crazy about Disney guy and I'm not sure but last year we believe it was 32 for 16 panellists, so as there are 10 spots we're guessing 20 finallists, we know 16 of them
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #1398
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Crazy about Disney guy and I'm not sure but last year we believe it was 32 for 16 panellists, so as there are 10 spots we're guessing 20 finallists, we know 16 of them
Ah! Never quite sure how you mean mad! I only use it for "angry" !

How do you know them?

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #1399
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well golf didn't go so well today, we lost, but only just, one of the ladies was horrid though, she was so nasty to her partner they literally had a verbal fight in the middle of the game She was about 50 whereas her partner is only 20 and it was like they were Mother and DD Anyway we can beat them when they play at our course
You'll get them next time. I can't believe they would argue like that on the course though.

Quote:
BA is up watching TV so that's good. The medicine lowered her fever 3 degrees so I'm keeping that going.

Quote:
Yeah I made it all up You know what I'm talking ABOUT RIGHT?
I don't and I'm nibby. PM me when you see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Her email today was so full of hate and lies that I am officially done with her. I forwarded the e-mail to K and he's going to deal with her. I don't want to talk to her, see her or let my kids go with her. I can't trust her. Clearly she's off her rocker.
I'm so sorry Dawn. Your right you are much better off with out all that drama in your life. Good luck to K with dealing with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I saw about the daycare being closed. That's great that they are being so diligent, but man it really jmesses with the schedule
Especially when they let you know last minute like they did to me. I just took the day off for today but I'm hoping to get to class tomorrow since it's only a morning class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I reeeeeeally need to start Christmas shopping. My kids haven't asked for anything major. Maddie got an American Girl doll and a DSi for her birthday, so she's pretty much set. Evan wants LEGOs, which are pretty simple. I think I'd rather buy toys for donation this year. My kids simply don't NEED more toys, KWIM?

I'm really trying to focus my Brownies on Community Service this month and next, so we'll tour a food bank and collect donations for them. They'll also help out at a community Thanksgiving meal for needy families.

I just feel the need to make a difference this year, KWIM?

Hope everyone enjoys their Thursday!
I'm pretty much done with Lindsey and DR for Christmas shopping. The only thing I need to get Linds is a DS and a few games and some DVD's for DR and then I'm done.

That's really great about the Browine troop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
So sad about the shooting at Ft. Hood, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
OK, I have to do something, I think, whether it be here or at school. Have a good late afternoon!
Hope you got everything worked out and was able to get something set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
30 days!

DR and I went to Target this afternoon. I got some of the things on Lindsey's Christmas list and only have 1 more thing to go for her.

I also bought a bunch of stuff I don't need.

After we got home my dad and I went and picked Linds up from school and then headed to Lowe's and picked a paint color for the kithchen. It's currently a peachy/pink color and I've always hated it so we are changing it to a charcoaly blue. We're also putting a tile backsplash in and picked out tiles for that. The last thing would be to replace the cracked tiles on the floor but that might have to wait until spring.

We had dinner out and celebrated Lindsey's good grades and good parent/teacher conference.

I'm hoping to get to class tomorrow since it's in the morning and my dad will be home painting so DR will be able to stay with him. If not I have to go over to Walmart for a few things and then maybe head out to the mall for a few things as well.

So I talked with my ex regarding the hotel he will be staying at with the kids and where it was at in Pittsburgh. I went online to look it up and check it out. OMG! All I have to say to him and his girlfriend is good luck and have fun with the kids in that little teeny tiny room for 5 days and 5 nights.

I'm about to put the kids to bed and then watch my Thursday night shows...CSI and The Mentalist. Real Housewives of OC starts tonight along with the reunion of Atlanta. My DVR will be working over time tonight.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #1400
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
30 days!
Yippee!!

Quote:
Great, hope you get to set it all up tonight
We got everything but the "pretty table displays" which do have to come down every night, we think. So, that's good. The bad news is her kid finally spiked a high fever, so she's probably not coming tomorrow. But, we got so much done that I think I'm OK with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I'm pretty much done with Lindsey and DR for Christmas shopping. The only thing I need to get Linds is a DS and a few games and some DVD's for DR and then I'm done.
No offense, but I think I hate you. JK, of course, but I haven't even begun to think of anything yet.

Quote:
It's currently a peachy/pink color and I've always hated it so we are changing it to a charcoaly blue. We're also putting a tile backsplash in and picked out tiles for that. The last thing would be to replace the cracked tiles on the floor but that might have to wait until spring.
That sounds nice! Pictures when you're done?

Quote:
My DVR will be working over time tonight.
Mine, too. And since Comcast didn't replace the baseball on the schedule, I can't record Bones, as it doesn't show up in the guide. I have had it paused for 35 minutes now, waiting for D to be ready to watch it, because we can't record it. Sigh. Because the baseball was going to overlap CSI and The Office, I can't even do it manually - it just freaks out.

Tonight I regret that we've more or less given up booze on weeknights. It's not been a bad thing, but I could use a glass of wine, and we don't have any. I guess I could have a beer, but it doesn't sound appealing.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #1401
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Didn't we have that discussion last year?
Did we? I can't remember what wetalked about 2 days ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hi T!

This is what the Boys Scouts do for November

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/feature?...nts&id=7080025
Hi J!
Quote:
That's a great idea, T, or maybe a family membership to the zoo or museum system.
That's a good idea, Angela.
Quote:
I did that too back in the day when I was a Brownie. We also went to an orphanage and took the children gifts.
I wish we had a women/childrens shelter around here, I think that might be something my girls would get a lot out of in the next year or two.

Quote:
So sad about the shooting at Ft. Hood, TX.

Quote:
David has just come home early, he did something to his neck/back yesterday and can hardly move. Is it nasty that I laughed at him a minute ago as he looked like a robot?
No, it's only nasty if you put on some hip hop music.

Quote:
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"]
Hugs to everyone else. Thanks for the compliments on the wreath.
I forgot to mention it, but I think it's very pretty.

And WooHoo on 30 days!!!

Quote:
GULP! Seriously???

Quote:
I'm about to put the kids to bed and then watch my Thursday night shows...CSI and The Mentalist. Real Housewives of OC starts tonight along with the reunion of Atlanta. My DVR will be working over time tonight.
I can't WAIT for the RH of OC! I hope Alexis put Vicki in her place!

Quote:
Tonight I regret that we've more or less given up booze on weeknights. It's not been a bad thing, but I could use a glass of wine, and we don't have any. I guess I could have a beer, but it doesn't sound appealing.
Meh... beer is for the summer... wine is perfect for the fall/winter.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #1402
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
David has just come home early, he did something to his neck/back yesterday and can hardly move. Is it nasty that I laughed at him a minute ago as he looked like a robot?
No, it sounds funny. Poor David, though.

(I'm missing a lot of quotes today - I think I'm leaving my quote screen up too long, then when I finally post, I don't go back up and 5 people had posted!)

Quote:
I wish we had a women/childrens shelter around here, I think that might be something my girls would get a lot out of in the next year or two.
I was out to donate toys and books last year and couldn't find one, either. What's up with that?

Quote:
Meh... beer is for the summer... wine is perfect for the fall/winter.
There you go... I'm doing OK with tea. Sigh.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #1403
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Well Todays DRAMA !!! I left work at 9pm to find someone had smashed my side view mirror !!I am******. I filed a report and have a Crime victims # I think they may reimburse me for the damage !!

V sorry about you BP and another for Leo !! MEN!!!!!!

Jo sorry about your golf game with the rude woman Are you done with Mom's Panel next month????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #1404
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yippee!!
We got everything but the "pretty table displays" which do have to come down every night, we think. So, that's good. The bad news is her kid finally spiked a high fever, so she's probably not coming tomorrow. But, we got so much done that I think I'm OK with that.
Glad you got everything set up and sorry to hear about her son though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE
No offense, but I think I hate you. JK, of course, but I haven't even begun to think of anything yet.
I can't believe I'm almost done either. I started really early this year but I had the $$$ now rather than later on in this month and into next when it's all budgeted for other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE
That sounds nice! Pictures when you're done?
Will do. I made an album on FB and have our computer room up there. It started off as the kids toy room but slowly progressed to a junk room. I have the before and after up there. I should put up our family room as well but we're wanting to get a new couch and some new furniture in there so maybe once that is done I'll get some new pics of of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE
Mine, too. And since Comcast didn't replace the baseball on the schedule, I can't record Bones, as it doesn't show up in the guide. I have had it paused for 35 minutes now, waiting for D to be ready to watch it, because we can't record it. Sigh. Because the baseball was going to overlap CSI and The Office, I can't even do it manually - it just freaks out.
Oh man...that stinks! I had to rearrange my recorded shows around since my dad is watching TV on the big screen where the DVR is.

Quote:
I can't WAIT for the RH of OC! I hope Alexis put Vicki in her place!
I'm sad to see Jeena leave. But yeah...I can't wait to see the cat fights that go on this year.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
Old 11-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #1405
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Well Todays DRAMA !!! I left work at 9pm to find someone had smashed my side view mirror !!I am******. I filed a report and have a Crime victims # I think they may reimburse me for the damage !!
Oh, that stinks! I'm sorry, Rosie.

Quote:
Glad you got everything set up and sorry to hear about her son though.
Yeah, it's too bad. He's in Woody's class, and it sounded more like a cold with a really low grade fever, but after going back to normal this morning, it went up to 103 this afternoon. Poor kid.

Quote:
I can't believe I'm almost done either. I started really early this year but I had the $$$ now rather than later on in this month and into next when it's all budgeted for other things.
Gotcha.

Quote:
Will do. I made an album on FB and have our computer room up there. It started off as the kids toy room but slowly progressed to a junk room. I have the before and after up there. I should put up our family room as well but we're wanting to get a new couch and some new furniture in there so maybe once that is done I'll get some new pics of of there.
Cool!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #1406
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no Rosie!

Well, I'm off to bed with a sick little boy. Really no fever for him (maybe a little high but he doesn't feel that warm) but he has a sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, croupy cough and he's complaining of his ear hurting. It is looking red but I think that's because he was sleeping on it. If he still says it hurts tomorrow in to the doctor's we'll go and hopefully get some meds for him. When I told him this he started to get all panicky asking if he had to get shots in his ears. He was satisfied when I told him no, he'd just have to take some orange flavored (well, it's orange flavored here) meds. I just gave him some Tylonol so I'm waiting for that to kick in and then we'll head upstairs for bed.

Night everyone!

Old 11-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #1407
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
How do you know them?
We've found them on here, FB and Twitter

Quote:
I'm pretty much done with Lindsey and DR for Christmas shopping. The only thing I need to get Linds is a DS and a few games and some DVD's for DR and then I'm done. .
OMG I need to get moving, well actually I need to know what they want first!!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Did we? I can't remember what wetalked about 2 days ago!
We did

Quote:
No, it's only nasty if you put on some hip hop music.

Quote:
Oh Rosie I'm sorry, hope it gets sorted quickly!

Quote:
Are you done with Mom's Panel next month????
I don't know yet, hopefully not

Quote:
Well, I'm off to bed with a sick little boy. Really no fever for him (maybe a little high but he doesn't feel that warm) but he has a sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, croupy cough and he's complaining of his ear hurting.
Hope he's feeling better now

Where have Deb and Mel been??????

Well I'm skipping golf today, played too much and need a break, D is also off as he has no playing lessons today so we were going to do some more decorating in the bedroom but Mr Robot is not up to it So I may just do a little and then play on here, oh also my Dad just called and him and Em (she's here again as she has a wedding today) are coming tomorrow to stay the night so I suppose I should clean the guest room!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #1408
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Good morning ladies

Just a quick check in before I get to work. This was a long week, I guess because it was my first after being off for so long. I'm tired!

Jo - Hope David is feeling better and have fun decorating

Rosie - Ugh! That stinks about your car.

Lori - ALmost done your Chrismtas Shopping I usually don't even start until Black Friday. This year I have a couple of things already bought since I was home (QVC is evil)

CE - you car apparently drives itself home No luck getting the COmcast stuff figured out yet?

T - I like Angela's idea of a family pass to the zoo to something like that

==================

Happy Friday everyone. Not much planned for the weekend here. The boys have Cub Scouts tonight. Tomorrow we have NOWHERE to go We never got the Halloween decorations down and the Thanksgiving decorations up so we are going to do that. And I am going to FINALLY clean out the pantry. Jimmy's school is doing a food drive, so I will let him pick a few things to take into school.

Sunday is soccer and soccer pictures.

Otherwise a fairly quiet weekend Have a good one! I will try and check in at lunch time!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #1409
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Morning! Anyone have suggestions for how to relax muscle tension? My neck and shoulder muscles got all tensed up during the craziness a couple weeks ago and I can't get the muscles to release. I'm using a heat wrap on and off all day; the muscles relax, then contract again within an hour. Ditto for doing yoga. It's causing blinding headaches and I'm at a loss!

I have my Dr. appt. in a bit... in the 3 days since I stopped the thyroids meds again my morning BP went from 144 / 92 to 119 / 82. No question left in my mind that this stuff is poison to my body.

In more uplifting news, I'm whittling down the holiday shopping! Leo wants but one thing: a Playmobil Egyptian Pyramid. It's FREAKINZG expensive, but it's all he wants. I found it on sale at Toys R Us, so grabbed that, and ordered stuff for my mom, boss and Leo on Amazon yesterday. Everyone out of town is getting gift cards; I can't spend much this year and would rather have what I'd pay for shipping actual things go toward the cost of something they want.

Happy Friday to all - BBL!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 11-06-2009, 07:41 AM   #1410
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OWell, I'm off to bed with a sick little boy. Really no fever for him (maybe a little high but he doesn't feel that warm) but he has a sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, croupy cough and he's complaining of his ear hurting. It is looking red but I think that's because he was sleeping on it. If he still says it hurts tomorrow in to the doctor's we'll go and hopefully get some meds for him. When I told him this he started to get all panicky asking if he had to get shots in his ears. He was satisfied when I told him no, he'd just have to take some orange flavored (well, it's orange flavored here) meds. I just gave him some Tylonol so I'm waiting for that to kick in and then we'll head upstairs for bed.

Night everyone!
Hope he's good today!

Quote:
OMG I need to get moving, well actually I need to know what they want first!!!!
That's exactly my issue. I don't even know what they REALLY want, you know?

Quote:
Well I'm skipping golf today, played too much and need a break, D is also off as he has no playing lessons today so we were going to do some more decorating in the bedroom but Mr Robot is not up to it So I may just do a little and then play on here, oh also my Dad just called and him and Em (she's here again as she has a wedding today) are coming tomorrow to stay the night so I suppose I should clean the guest room!
Sounds busy for a break!

D may have just talked me into doing the hour long cardio tennis at 10:00 before I head in to school. He's not doing it today - he's subbing in for a 1 & 1/2 hour class like mine on Thursdays. Then, he's having a half-hour private lesson this afternoon, because my tennis friend got him all excited about a "social" at the club, but either she didn't say or he didn't realize that it is a 2 hour round-robin tennis social, where you play with strangers. He thought it was just a party at the club, I guess.

So, he's concerned about his serve, which I get.

We should have fun tonight, though, and we'll have a drink after.

I slept better than I have been - a combination of being tired from a lot of box moving and feeling less stressed, I guess.

I probably won't be here much today. If I do go to the gym, I'll be in a mad rush the rest of the day, up to and including the tennis social. The kids are all staying at her house with her older DS, (and her MIL has an in-law apartment attached to the house, too) so I have to get them fed and there, too.

Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic Friday!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: