Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #1381
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Uh....you mean you really DIDN"T get on the panel? Has it all been a virtual dream? The trips?? the candy???
Yeah I made it all up You know what I'm talking ABOUT RIGHT?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #1382
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:

Sorry--you've been down this road before I know....folks don't usually get easier to deal with as they get older either.
Her email today was so full of hate and lies that I am officially done with her. I forwarded the e-mail to K and he's going to deal with her. I don't want to talk to her, see her or let my kids go with her. I can't trust her. Clearly she's off her rocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

OK so why do some people never get over the fact that I got on the panel?
Is that still going on? I thought it ended when our board thinned out?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the hugs, peeps. I don't want to think about her anymore. She's wasted too much of my time with her drama already.

I want some lunch. All that fighting makes me hungry!
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #1383
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Ehhhh...Dis was down for maintence anyways so you didn't miss much.
Good to know!

Quote:
Not much going on today. DR's daycare is closed so I'm home with him today. I think he and I are going to head to Target to finish up some Chrismtas shopping. Other than that I'll be doing homework, laundry and some cleaning.

Hope y'all have a good day!
I saw about the daycare being closed. That's great that they are being so diligent, but man it really jmesses with the schedule

Quote:
I guess men can only think about one thing at a time?

Quote:
Well golf didn't go so well today, we lost, but only just, one of the ladies was horrid though, she was so nasty to her partner they literally had a verbal fight in the middle of the game She was about 50 whereas her partner is only 20 and it was like they were Mother and DDAnyway we can beat them when they play at our course
Oh man, next time you must video

Quote:
I saw that fight on YouTube---love the part where you try to break it up with your golf club!

Quote:
OK so why do some people never get over the fact that I got on the panel?
What did I miss

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Her email today was so full of hate and lies that I am officially done with her. I forwarded the e-mail to K and he's going to deal with her. I don't want to talk to her, see her or let my kids go with her. I can't trust her. Clearly she's off her rocker.
Not worth the aggravation Dawn

Quote:
[COLOR="yellowgreen"]Is that still going on? I thought it ended when our board thinned out?
Why don't I know what is going on

Quote:
Thanks for the hugs, peeps. I don't want to think about her anymore. She's wasted too much of my time with her drama already.
That's what we are here for my friend
==================================

Hey all. QUick break, actually I will be leaving to go home at 4:00 THings are starting to get settled but boy do I have alot to learn

Hope you are all having a good day!

Hopefully I will be able to check in tonight!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #1384
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Hola amigas!

I've been reading along, but haven't really had time to quote and post.

to Dawn

to all the sick Focker babes.

Busy, busy, busy. I swear I feel like I'm just keeping my nose above the water some days.

Today I completely forgot to head to the school for my volunteer time! D'Oh!

I reeeeeeally need to start Christmas shopping. My kids haven't asked for anything major. Maddie got an American Girl doll and a DSi for her birthday, so she's pretty much set. Evan wants LEGOs, which are pretty simple. I think I'd rather buy toys for donation this year. My kids simply don't NEED more toys, KWIM?

I'm really trying to focus my Brownies on Community Service this month and next, so we'll tour a food bank and collect donations for them. They'll also help out at a community Thanksgiving meal for needy families.

I just feel the need to make a difference this year, KWIM?

Hope everyone enjoys their Thursday!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #1385
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Let him sort it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
What did I miss
Nothing much, check FB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I think I'd rather buy toys for donation this year. My kids simply don't NEED more toys, KWIM?
Didn't we have that discussion last year?

Today, well almost exactly now, it's 1 year ago that I got the call that I was on the panel. Can you remember how I never thought I'd get chosen and then how i couldn't post anywhere for hours? Where has that time gone though????
Old 11-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #1386
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hola amigas!
Hi T!

Quote:
Busy, busy, busy. I swear I feel like I'm just keeping my nose above the water some days.
I feel like that now that I am back to work, and I've only been back 4 days

Quote:
I'm really trying to focus my Brownies on Community Service this month and next, so we'll tour a food bank and collect donations for them. They'll also help out at a community Thanksgiving meal for needy families.

I just feel the need to make a difference this year, KWIM?
flower3:
This is what the Boys Scouts do for November

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/feature?...nts&id=7080025

Old 11-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #1387
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nothing much, check FB!
Ok!

Quote:
Today, well almost exactly now, it's 1 year ago that I got the call that I was on the panel. Can you remember how I never thought I'd get chosen and then how i couldn't post anywhere for hours? Where has that time gone though????
I can't believe it is a year already

Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #1388
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
I think I'd rather buy toys for donation this year. My kids simply don't NEED more toys, KWIM?
That's a great idea, T, or maybe a family membership to the zoo or museum system.

Quote:
I did that too back in the day when I was a Brownie. We also went to an orphanage and took the children gifts.

Jo, you have been an exemplary member of the Mom's Panel and they are lucky to have you. We are too.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #1389
askelton
Disney Cosmo

So sad about the shooting at Ft. Hood, TX.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #1390
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
no, not really???

PM me here or FB

Quote:

Is that still going on? I thought it ended when our board thinned out?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want some lunch. All that fighting makes me hungry!
yeah--put it behind you for now.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #1391
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
So sad about the shooting at Ft. Hood, TX.
Yipes! That's up the road. I'll have to google it.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #1392
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I can't believe it is a year already
I know, it's ridiculous how fast time goes isn't it

Quote:
Jo, you have been an exemplary member of the Mom's Panel and they are lucky to have you. We are too.
Awww you're so sweet

David has just come home early, he did something to his neck/back yesterday and can hardly move. Is it nasty that I laughed at him a minute ago as he looked like a robot?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #1393
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CE - Glad the books arrived! Did the cable guy?
Yeah, but he can't figure it out either. We're special! (Seriously, no one knows how this is happening on only the Nick shows, and no one has any idea how to fix it.)

Quote:
I didn't even watch the game last night
I stayed up the whole time, you didn't miss much.

Quote:
So, my mom. It's the same old thing...
That's all I want to say because I just don't want to spend any of my time on her. I guess I just can't have a relationship with her. I need to focus on my kids and what they need.
Oh, honey. That's got to be so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Even less awesome. And I feel your pain on that one... Bonehead still says he's planning to take his half of winter break with Leo, but has NOTHING planned for how to do that. Grrrrrr.

Quote:
Morning! Started the day with a raging sinus headache... again... but it's starting to settle with some help form my good friends Sudafed and Advil. FYI, my BP upon waking was 144 / 92. I decided not to take the Synthroid after that.

In other news Leo Skyped with his dad last night and Bonehead never said a word to him about the handmade birthday card Leo sent him last week. He worked hard on it and was so excited to drop it in the mail.
Ugh on both counts.

Quote:
Sounds hectic and your day has only just begun! Hope you have a good day as well CE!
Thanks, it's been OK.

Quote:
How strange but glad he felt better.
He was fine all day, too. Don't know what that was.

Quote:
Good for you for working out though.
Thanks! With my tennis today, that's 4 in a row!

Quote:
Well golf didn't go so well today, we lost, but only just, one of the ladies was horrid though, she was so nasty to her partner they literally had a verbal fight in the middle of the game She was about 50 whereas her partner is only 20 and it was like they were Mother and DD Anyway we can beat them when they play at our course
They got in a fight, really? I'm sure you'll get them next time.

Quote:

So, I accidentally stopped by home on the way from tennis (turned down my street by habit ) and decided to stop for 30 seconds as I had forgotten a regular bra and wasn't thrilled about the soppy sports bra under my street clothes. Anyway, when I came in, I saw the message light blinking and turns out my co-chair's son still stayed home sick today. So, I went in anyway, verified set up with the custodian, got some pointers from a former chair, and that was that.

My co-chair called in whilst I was there to see if it was OK if she and her son came AFTER school, since he's no longer feverish - just not a 24 hour free time yet - and they said OK, but her older daughter has a research project that she needed to supervise first. So, I'm waiting to see if she calls to say she's heading in - if so, I'll join her. D's home. If not, we have all school day tomorrow to set up (or, I do, if her son's not ready) and the good news is that where I thought we had to deconstruct every night, we don't. So, if we get set up tonight or tomorrow, we're mostly set for the week. Only some things get put away nightly, like the stupid little pens and pencil toppers and so forth.

Anyway, I've not heard from her yet, but we'll see. The older DD's probably only been home for about a half hour at this point. I don't know whether I should go over without her or not. On the one hand, it would be nice to get it started, on the other I don't want to leave her out, and I don't want to make decisions alone about what to put on display tables and so forth. She has some stuff she wants to decorate with, too, which she has to bring in.

OK, I have to do something, I think, whether it be here or at school. Have a good late afternoon!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #1394
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

HI!!!
I thought I stop by real quick.

Dawn, I'm sorry that your mom is such a butt. Makes me glad I don't have one.

Jo, I forgot to tell you, Scott did not try for the Mom's panel. He didn't think he should with the new job and all.

Rosie - I did read all the potty and church humor on Jordan's PTR.

Hugs to everyone else. Thanks for the compliments on the wreath.

I'm pretty sure I won't have time to mess on the computer that much. I desperately need to stay caught up on the PTR/TR action over here! There are so many good ones.

30 days!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #1395
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
the good news is that where I thought we had to deconstruct every night, we don't. So, if we get set up tonight or tomorrow, we're mostly set for the week. Only some things get put away nightly, like the stupid little pens and pencil toppers and so forth.
Great, hope you get to set it all up tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Jo, I forgot to tell you, Scott did not try for the Mom's panel. He didn't think he should with the new job and all.
Oh, he emailed me a couple of times in August and I was sure he was applying, pity he didn't as I know there is a gay Disney mad guy in the telephone finals and it could have been him!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: