Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #1366
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post

++++++++++++

BA home from double cheer practices.....and coughing....a lot..
Poor thing...

So, my mom. It's the same old thing... She thinks I am selfish and hateful because I won't do whatever she wants all the time. When we went to Disney, she did a horrible job taking care of my kids and it really ruined the trip for me. She didn't sign their folders or have them do homework. Camryn signed my mom's name on her planner so she wouldn't get in trouble. How irresponsible to put her grandkids in a position where they would get in trouble at school everyday.

She took them to fast food for all the meals. At one point, B called me upset that my mom wasn't there to pick her up after school. When I called my mom to tell her B was upset and ask where she was, she was ugly about it.

She demands that holidays/birthdays are when she wants and where and if I try to say no or do what's best for my kids/family- well, that's grounds for namecalling and hateful e-mails.

Her trip to WDW last week was full of complaints and even though I told her she couldn't come (I'm so hateful and selfish, remember), she tried to muscled her way back in by saying she's just going to be there when we are. After the fight last night, now she's not. Thank goodness...

That's all I want to say because I just don't want to spend any of my time on her. I guess I just can't have a relationship with her. I need to focus on my kids and what they need.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #1367
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Moning All Busy night last night with boking my flight and calling TA with changes !!!Working 2 jobs todayWil becatting this evening !!!Luv Ya !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #1368
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
This opinion was reinforced ... Here it comes ....I broke the Key in the lock to Controlled meds Lock Box I mean half was in and half was in my hand !!!.. I thought she was gonna peepee her pants !!Her I am FREAKIN'and she is rolling !!! Any way good old Willie came from Maintenance and retrieved the broken key and replaced the lock !! He said he was sure someone set me uP
Oh, man, I would have been freaking out, too!

Good morning. Sort of.

The kids got up and started eating breakfast. Woody, after about 5 bites, started crying that his belly hurt and he thought he was going to throw up. He laid down on the couch for about ten minutes. I gave him some kid's chewable Pepto and then he felt better, but it was too late for the bus.

No fever, no problem, but again, even though our bus comes at 7:40, we actually can't drop them at school until 8:15 and it's a 6 minute drive. It did give him time to finish breakfast and all that, but still.

Then, I realized I told my co-chair that we could meet at 11:00 at school to kind of dip into the boxes and see what we have. But my tennis ends at 10:30, and that's a 25 minute drive from the school. So, it was looking like I'd have to drive Woody to school, go straight to tennis, and go straight back to school.

D, nicely, said, "Why on earth don't I take him to school?" which is true, but I guess I'm just used to dealing with all this alone. So, now I have a few minutes to get myself together.

I still don't get to shower after tennis, but oh well.

And I hurt from breaking out the Wii Active yesterday for the first time in months. I've been really good about being at the gym for something nearly every day, but it's all cardio. My bum hurts!

Anyway... I've got to run! Have a good one, everyone!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #1369
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

CE - Glad the books arrived! Did the cable guy?

V - Hope everything is ok when you go to the doctor's

Rosie - I got nothing but

Kristel - Cool wreath. I'd be buying the $40 one

TE- How are AB and Ba feeling?

Jo -

Lori - Glad the parent conference went well.

Denise - This SEPTA strick is ridiculous.

Kat -

--------------------------------------

Good morning Like I said, now that I am back at work life is crazy again. I didn't even log on the computer. By the time I left work, picked up Jimmy, did homework with him, makde dinner, cleaned up, made lunches, got Jimmy ready for bed, and read stories it was almost 9:00 I was tired and went to bed. I didn't even watch the game last night

Tonight will be more of the same. Wednesdays and Thursdays Jim does what is called extended day (tutoring) so he doesn't leave work until 4:45, which gets him home at 5:30 or so. On the plus side he gets paid for it!

Hope everyone has a great day

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #1370
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Dawn

Old 11-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #1371
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
LORI says Lindsey is too social during class. She doesn’t follow directions. Lindsey is feeling better. The teachers strike still may happen.
I'm glad Lindsey is feeling better. A kid who wants to talk in class and won't follow instruction, well I have never heard of such a thing. I seem to recall having issues with this when I was in grade school. I got put in a corner a lot during recess. I can't say if it helped or not.
Yep, that was Lindsey last year. She had a lot of recess time taken away from her and nope, didn't help at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal
Just to show you I can get my ‘craft’ on, here’s a picture of a fall wreath I just made today.
Looks GREAT!

Quote:
Lori---Funny about little Lindsey---BA was always very talkative (and still is)---her 2nd grade teacher asked her why she talked so much....and she said "Cause I have important things to say!" (and she wants to be in politics!)
that is funny about BA! I don't have a doubt in my mind that Lindsey would come up with something like that. She has been coming up with some doozies lately.

Quote:
Okay Breaking News I am still going to Disney in Feb BUT Christine is joining me and we are hoping for POFQ!!!

Now for todays DRAMA!!! Let's just accept that Life for Rosie cannot be DRAMA free except when I am in Disney!!!
Good news about your trip and (sorry) to the whole key fiasco. At least you made your bosses day and put her in a better mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
So, my mom. It's the same old thing... She thinks I am selfish and hateful because I won't do whatever she wants all the time. When we went to Disney, she did a horrible job taking care of my kids and it really ruined the trip for me. She didn't sign their folders or have them do homework. Camryn signed my mom's name on her planner so she wouldn't get in trouble. How irresponsible to put her grandkids in a position where they would get in trouble at school everyday.
I'm so sorry Dawn. That really is uncalled for and your right...just concentrate on your kids and family to make you happy and have less stress.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #1372
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
And of course, who am I to complain when there are so many families who have it so much harder?
Of course you get to complain - ANYone feeling worried and/or sad has the right to complain!
Quote:
And the stress this is causing you isn't helping at all.
So true - I think I gave myself an anxiety attack worrying about my BP reading last night, lol!

Quote:
Just to show you I can get my ‘craft’ on, here’s a picture of a fall wreath I just made today.
That's beautiful Kristel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
The parent/teacher conference went really well. No complaints on Lindsey and her school work...she's a very bright little girl and doing really well.
Awesome!
Quote:
DR's daycare called me tonight and said they are going to be closed tomorrow and Friday due to all the sickies that are going around.
Not awesome.
Quote:
The kids father e-mailed me this afternoon letting me know he would be getting the kids for Thanksgiving and that his girlfriend is coming with him. He then went on to complain about the hotel type that he needs to get and that all the ones around me are too expensive for him. (I told him that since A is just his girlfriend that she either needs to be in a different room or they should at least be in separate beds, but hey if they were married that would be a different story). So, now I have no idea what he plans on doing. I'm sure it'll change between now and then anyways.
Even less awesome. And I feel your pain on that one... Bonehead still says he's planning to take his half of winter break with Leo, but has NOTHING planned for how to do that. Grrrrrr.

Quote:
So your choices are high BP now or later??! that sucks.
LOL, yeah, that's how I see it! Ridiculous.
Quote:
ab is still coughing but she insisted on going to work--did not want to get an occurence (and she's realized something: if she doesn't work, she doesn't get paid!). I admire her work ethic but question going to work whilst sick.
That is a tough one; good that she's learning how it really goes in life, but stinks that real life doesn't support being sick.

Quote:
Okay Breaking News I am still going to Disney in Feb BUT Christine is joining me and we are hoping for POFQ!!!
Yay!

Quote:
So, my mom.
I'm so sorry Dawn; I'd absolutely lose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
D, nicely, said, "Why on earth don't I take him to school?" which is true, but I guess I'm just used to dealing with all this alone.
LOL, we get into our groove and outside help, though helpful and appreciated, kind of throws us off, doesn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I didn't even watch the game last night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning! Started the day with a raging sinus headache... again... but it's starting to settle with some help form my good friends Sudafed and Advil. FYI, my BP upon waking was 144 / 92. I decided not to take the Synthroid after that.

In other news Leo Skyped with his dad last night and Bonehead never said a word to him about the handmade birthday card Leo sent him last week. He worked hard on it and was so excited to drop it in the mail.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #1373
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyway... I've got to run! Have a good one, everyone!
Sounds hectic and your day has only just begun! Hope you have a good day as well CE!

Quote:
Good morning Like I said, now that I am back at work life is crazy again. I didn't even log on the computer. By the time I left work, picked up Jimmy, did homework with him, makde dinner, cleaned up, made lunches, got Jimmy ready for bed, and read stories it was almost 9:00 I was tired and went to bed. I didn't even watch the game last night
Ehhhh...Dis was down for maintence anyways so you didn't miss much.

Hope you have a good day too!

Ooppsss...hit enter too soon.

Not much going on today. DR's daycare is closed so I'm home with him today. I think he and I are going to head to Target to finish up some Chrismtas shopping. Other than that I'll be doing homework, laundry and some cleaning.

Hope y'all have a good day!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #1374
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Even less awesome. And I feel your pain on that one... Bonehead still says he's planning to take his half of winter break with Leo, but has NOTHING planned for how to do that. Grrrrrr.
& for both you and Leo!

The ex did e-mail me last night and said he did find a hotel in Pittsburgh (about an hour away) that fit his budget and my criteria so I guess it's on. DR's already called his father once this morning (I'm sure that he'll call him another 3-4 times before they day is up) and asked about Christmas and what he plans to do and where they paln to stay. The ex never even answered him and just went on to talk about Thanksgiving. I guess men can only think about one thing at a time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Morning! Started the day with a raging sinus headache... again... but it's starting to settle with some help form my good friends Sudafed and Advil. FYI, my BP upon waking was 144 / 92. I decided not to take the Synthroid after that.

In other news Leo Skyped with his dad last night and Bonehead never said a word to him about the handmade birthday card Leo sent him last week. He worked hard on it and was so excited to drop it in the mail.
Sorry about the headache and the whole BP thing. I agree in not taking the Synthroid if it's making you feel like that. You see the doc tomorrow, right? Hope you can get some answers there.

to Leo and his dad. Mine would do the same thing and has done it too. I'm tellin' ya...some men are just incapabile of feelings.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #1375
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
So, my mom.
So understand.

Quote:
Woody, after about 5 bites, started crying that his belly hurt and he thought he was going to throw up.
How strange but glad he felt better.

Quote:
And I hurt from breaking out the Wii Active yesterday for the first time in months. I've been really good about being at the gym for something nearly every day, but it's all cardio. My bum hurts!
Good for you for working out though.

Quote:
Like I said, now that I am back at work life is crazy again. I didn't even log on the computer.
I know you're glad to be back, but we miss you being here more.

Quote:
Poor Leo. Did he tell his dad he was upset?
I'll need some more info on Skype later.

Quote:
I think he and I are going to head to Target to finish up some Chrismtas shopping.
After looking through my prize closet, I'm farther along than I thought. But I did purchase a few things online this morning too. I was going to get Mitch a grill but now that he may be leaving, that's probably not the best idea. I saw this in a catalogue that I thought would be fun for him to take with him, but too expensive and nice to take to an Army base. Any suggestions where I may get something similar? I Googeld but didn't find anything I really liked.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #1376
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know you're glad to be back, but we miss you being here more.
Thanks Angela

Poor Leo. Did he tell his dad he was upset?
I'll need some more info on Skype later.

Quote:
Any suggestions where I may get something similar? I Googeld but didn't find anything I really liked.
Try Lillian Vernon or Miles Kimball they sometimes have stuff like this. Also try TOys R Us Target or Walmart too!

Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #1377
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Well, my BP is now up to 145 / 99 and I feel like I'm vibrating all over on the inside, plus my heart is racing. Good times. I've got an appt. with my Dr. Fri. to hash this out. Stop the madness!
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
I hope you don’t find a “whoops”!

Quote:
I love the word rubbish.
Good

Quote:
Well, when I went in to school, the first thing anyone said was, "The books are here!" So, that's good. I am feeling somewhat less stressed now that they've arrived.
Wooohoooo

Quote:
That's beautiful and glad I could help remind you about the gutters

Quote:
The parent/teacher conference went really well. No complaints on Lindsey and her school work...she's a very bright little girl and doing really well.
Fantastic and sorry about the ex

Quote:
All I can say is... MOMS!!!!
Oh Dawn I'm so sorry, we need to remember all of this when we're that age so we don't treat our daughters like it

Quote:
Woooohooo and too funny about your day

Quote:
The kids got up and started eating breakfast. Woody, after about 5 bites, started crying that his belly hurt and he thought he was going to throw up. He laid down on the couch for about ten minutes. I gave him some kid's chewable Pepto and then he felt better, but it was too late for the bus.
Glad he started feeling better!

Well golf didn't go so well today, we lost, but only just, one of the ladies was horrid though, she was so nasty to her partner they literally had a verbal fight in the middle of the game She was about 50 whereas her partner is only 20 and it was like they were Mother and DD Anyway we can beat them when they play at our course
Old 11-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #1378
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Glad he started feeling better!

Well golf didn't go so well today, we lost, but only just, one of the ladies was horrid though, she was so nasty to her partner they literally had a verbal fight in the middle of the game She was about 50 whereas her partner is only 20 and it was like they were Mother and DD Anyway we can beat them when they play at our course
I saw that fight on YouTube---love the part where you try to break it up with your golf club!

Quote:
Poor thing...

She took them to fast food for all the meals. At one point, B called me upset that my mom wasn't there to pick her up after school. When I called my mom to tell her B was upset and ask where she was, she was ugly about it.

She demands that holidays/birthdays are when she wants and where and if I try to say no or do what's best for my kids/family- well, that's grounds for namecalling and hateful e-mails.

Her trip to WDW last week was full of complaints and even though I told her she couldn't come (I'm so hateful and selfish, remember), she tried to muscled her way back in by saying she's just going to be there when we are. After the fight last night, now she's not. Thank goodness...

That's all I want to say because I just don't want to spend any of my time on her. I guess I just can't have a relationship with her. I need to focus on my kids and what they need.

Sorry--you've been down this road before I know....folks don't usually get easier to deal with as they get older either.

+++++++

BA is up watching TV so that's good. The medicine lowered her fever 3 degrees so I'm keeping that going.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #1379
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I saw that fight on YouTube---love the part where you try to break it up with your golf club!

OK so why do some people never get over the fact that I got on the panel?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1380
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

OK so why do some people never get over the fact that I got on the panel?
Uh....you mean you really DIDN"T get on the panel? Has it all been a virtual dream? The trips?? the candy???

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: