Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #1351
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hey all. We are waiting for Nemo to start in a few. Its nice to be sitting.

The one thing I will say about this trip is , it is NOT what we planned at all.

After Nemo we are off to Everest once more and then to MK for magical tuna and spectro/wishes...and a hopeful walk up for the desert party.

Tomorrows our last full day.

Anyways off to watch the show!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 11-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #1352
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
So not worrying about Mitch doesn't seem to be working. I seem to randomly burst into tears which I feel bad about because Mitch has enough to worry about without adding me to that list. Probably at my doctors appt I need to get something for that.
Oh Angela, I'm sure Mitch doesn't mind, he knows you'll be worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
A little slow on the uptake today Jo
Not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
My latest worry is that the books are not at school yet. Scholastic thinks we're starting tomorrow - it's the official date - and so that scares me more than a little. They said the books would come "1-3 business days prior to the start of the fair." Well, today is one day before they think we're starting. We don't have much to do on Friday, just the one hour teacher preview with no sales, just making wish lists, but still. I need books to do that! Gah!
Yikes hope they turn up soon and good news about doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Sounds interesting Have a fun day!

I can hear fireworks going off outside, it's Guy Fawkes/bonfire night tomorrow but the local school has a show tonight, trouble is after WDW they're a bit rubbish
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #1353
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Yucky. I'm sorry. My aunt has issues with her thyroid meds, too - I have been on them for over 15 years now with no problems. It's so strange how they affect people differently, when they're just supposed to be a basic replacement.
Isn't it weird? I've read story after story after story and people's reactions, or lack of, are aaaaallll over the palce!

Quote:
So not worrying about Mitch doesn't seem to be working. I seem to randomly burst into tears which I feel bad about because Mitch has enough to worry about without adding me to that list. Probably at my doctors appt I need to get something for that.
I'm so sorry hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Hmm...what are the long term effects if it runs over 5??
This is good... the potential long-term effects are EXACTLY what the Synthroid is doing to me! Heart problems, high BP, stroke from all of the above.

Quote:
My latest worry is that the books are not at school yet.
Eek!

Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, my BP is now up to 145 / 99 and I feel like I'm vibrating all over on the inside, plus my heart is racing. Good times. I've got an appt. with my Dr. Fri. to hash this out. Stop the madness!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 11-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #1354
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I also realize that I've not taken the dog out this afternoon. Whoops.
I hope you don’t find a “whoops”!

Quote:
Hello from POFQ!

What a trip,I am def doing a report when we get back....what stories I have.
Can’t wait! I’m so glad for you that you got to go to WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"] I'm at the chiropractor 3x a week, and Baylie goes once a week. Then she's at PT 2x a week.
Wow, that’s quite a schedule. I hope you’ll both feel 100% soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
It was a good meal. Our waitress was the wife of the guy that owns the place. TC's has been there since before I was born I think. Good food, good service, good drinks, good prices!
Wow, that all looked QUITE delicious!

Quote:
Evening all! Well, SEPTA (our public transit) went on strike today. At 3AM Everyone was scrambling to get where they needed to go. I drive towork so it wasn't an issue for me, but people weren't able to make arrangements to get to work (becasue they weren't on strike when we went to bed last night!). Luckily the job is going to let us flex our hours during this strike. Basically work 8 hours from the time you arrive. I am going to try and work 7:30 to 3:30. Also, the city.courts are providing shuttle busses for employees so we spoent most of the day coordinating those for the employees.
That’s great you get to have flex hours. This is a mess! I feel so bad for the folks who rely on public transportation and have jobs that are not flexible and they are threatened with being fired if they’re late or miss work. And, it’s usually the folks who can least afford it (or afford to take a cab, or get a car, etc.)

Quote:
Now, don't get me wrong, I belong to a union. I think they are good for certain things (most of the time I hate mine though) anyway this one really ticks me off. They were offered a contract that is PHENOMENAL and they walked. They were offered 5 years (unheard of in this day and age),11.5% salary increases (@ 2%/year) no change in health benefit contribution and no change in pension. And they can't understand whypeople are so upset and not backing them (this is a union town). Dopes
Wow, that really puts it into perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I also hope to find out more about the teacher strike that is pending here in our school district. I know a Lindsey's teacher is a HUGE advocate for this so I'm hoping to get some info from her regarding this. I really don't know what to do as I have never been in the situation before with my kids.
I sure hope this doesn’t happen. Such a huge disruption for the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Morning All Off to work !!! Chat tonite !!! Mat be some changes in my Feb trip??????
Hmmmm...inquiring minds want to know….

Quote:
Forgot to tell you all that yesterday was my dad's 80th Birthday.
Happy birthday Janet’s Dad!

Quote:
Jimmy started the research for his Science Fair Project. He is doing Sharks.
Good luck with that! Tell him not get too close

Quote:
Traffic horrible since EVERYONE is driving with the bus strike. Took me over an hour to get to work today, usually takes me about 25 minutes Doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon.

Quote:
So not worrying about Mitch doesn't seem to be working. I seem to randomly burst into tears which I feel bad about because Mitch has enough to worry about without adding me to that list.
Oh, I’m so sorry….I think I would do the same

Quote:
Hmmm, is that a good thing or a bad thing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
This is good... the potential long-term effects are EXACTLY what the Synthroid is doing to me! Heart problems, high BP, stroke from all of the above.

Well, my BP is now up to 145 / 99 and I feel like I'm vibrating all over on the inside, plus my heart is racing. Good times. I've got an appt. with my Dr. Fri. to hash this out. Stop the madness!
Oh, V, I hope you can get it straightened out and feel better – you work so hard to take care of yourself – it’s not fair!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #1355
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Is his unit out of FLA? Is their a spouse group you can join? Check with the local VFW they might be able to point you in the right direction!
Thanks everyone! His unit is in Memphis and I'm sure when he gets more info, there will be a website with all the FAQ's. I am just really worried about the financial implications and what type of job he'll have when he returns. I am truly proud that he's been in the military so long, I just wish the disruption that being deployed causes didn't seem so insurmountable. And of course, who am I to complain when there are so many families who have it so much harder?

Quote:
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I can hear fireworks going off outside, it's Guy Fawkes/bonfire night tomorrow but the local school has a show tonight, trouble is after WDW they're a bit rubbish
I love the word rubbish.

Quote:
Well, my BP is now up to 145 / 99 and I feel like I'm vibrating all over on the inside, plus my heart is racing.
And the stress this is causing you isn't helping at all.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #1356
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey all. We are waiting for Nemo to start in a few. Its nice to be sitting.
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Yikes hope they turn up soon and good news about doggie
They did, and thanks!

Quote:
I hope you get it sorted.

Quote:
Thanks everyone! His unit is in Memphis and I'm sure when he gets more info, there will be a website with all the FAQ's. I am just really worried about the financial implications and what type of job he'll have when he returns. I am truly proud that he's been in the military so long, I just wish the disruption that being deployed causes didn't seem so insurmountable. And of course, who am I to complain when there are so many families who have it so much harder?
I know that it's true that there are others out there with it worse, but that doesn't make your feelings illegitimate or bad.

Well, when I went in to school, the first thing anyone said was, "The books are here!" So, that's good. I am feeling somewhat less stressed now that they've arrived.

I ran to Target and got my prescriptions, and a few other things, and then I barely beat the bus back.

D's meeting doesn't even start until 7:00, so I won't see him til after 10:00, likely. We just had a scrounging dinner, and the kids are showering up. Quiet evening!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #1357
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hello All!!

JANET said there transit folks went on strike which reeked havoc with the rest of work force. She misses being able to chat with us more often now that she is back to work. It’s her dad’s 80th B-day. It took her way to long to get to work.
Sorry about the strike. Happy Birthday to your Poppa!!!

CE loves to staple. CE and D had a ‘catch the cable guy’ plan for today.
He did show up didn’t he?

Z would like a WDW visit for Christmas.

LORI says Lindsey is too social during class. She doesn’t follow directions. Lindsey is feeling better. The teachers strike still may happen.
I'm glad Lindsey is feeling better. A kid who wants to talk in class and won't follow instruction, well I have never heard of such a thing. I seem to recall having issues with this when I was in grade school. I got put in a corner a lot during recess. I can't say if it helped or not.

ANGELA had Reid yesterday. They found out about orange juice at the Science Center. They also found out that no nap = cranky Reid. She is not happy about Mitch’s departure in January.

TE said Abby was sick and home.

CARP!

V says her doctor will have to learn to be disappointed.
I’m sorry about the RX problems.

JO says they have Chicken Pox parties. She says any fireworks show is ‘rubbish’ after being at WDW!
on both.

KAT was at Nemo’s show. They are hoping they can get into the desert party tonight.

DENISE popped in with some ‘quotage’.

Hello there!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just to show you I can get my ‘craft’ on, here’s a picture of a fall wreath I just made today.

I can’t believe how much they charge for these things now. I saw one that was $40 at the local hobby store. CRAZY! I think this cost me around $10 tops. The grape leaf vine part was recycled. The rest I bought on sale.

We had burritos and Spanish rice for supper. Doug is upstairs washing the dishes. Yep, the birthday is over for him! Actually he usually does wash the dishes if I cook.

I cleaned out my gutters. (Thanks JO!) Can I just say wet decaying leaves smell the worst!!!!???? YUK! It’s done though. No water or melting snow will back up now.

Back to work for me tomorrow night.

Have a good evening!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #1358
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Hi Fockers! Sorry not quotes, but let's see what I remember...

Angela - Glad you had a good day with Reid yesterday (well minus the nap) and for the whole Mitch thing. Hopefully you can get your questions answered soon.

V - Sorry about the whole meds and throid problem. Hope the doc appointment goes well on Friday and you can get things taken care of.

CE - Glad the books are in I think I missed it in my skimming but did your cable get fixed?

Jo - Thanks for the get well vibes and to the golf game

TE - Hope Ab (she's the one right?) is feeling better

Janet - Happy Birthday to your dad!

Sorry for all those I missed and didn't quote. Hope your having a good day.

My day was kind of busy. I had class this afternoon, picked up DR from daycare, picked Linds up and then had to go back to her school for parent/teacher conference. After that all I've been doing is studying and homework for Medical Assisting.

The parent/teacher conference went really well. No complaints on Lindsey and her school work...she's a very bright little girl and doing really well. Her teachers says she's always so put together and dressed so nicely. She did say Lindsey is Miss Talkative and a busy body, but apparently it has gotten better than last year because she felt that we didn't need to do a behavior chart where as this time last year we started one. So, overall it went very well and I'm really proud of her.

DR's daycare called me tonight and said they are going to be closed tomorrow and Friday due to all the sickies that are going around. Tomorrow is my long day at school and I will probably have to skip it due to this. Maybe on Friday I can get my dad or brother to watch DR since it's just one class in the morning.

The kids father e-mailed me this afternoon letting me know he would be getting the kids for Thanksgiving and that his girlfriend is coming with him. He then went on to complain about the hotel type that he needs to get and that all the ones around me are too expensive for him. (I told him that since A is just his girlfriend that she either needs to be in a different room or they should at least be in separate beds, but hey if they were married that would be a different story). So, now I have no idea what he plans on doing. I'm sure it'll change between now and then anyways.

That's it for me. I need to go work on some more homework and get the kiddos ready for bed. Night everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #1359
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

All I can say is... MOMS!!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #1360
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

Eek!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So your choices are high BP now or later??! that sucks. let us know what you and your doctor decide,
+++++++++++++

Kristel--I'm the one who buys the $40 wreath! (craft impaired!)

++++++++++
Dawn--what's up with mom???

Lori---Funny about little Lindsey---BA was always very talkative (and still is)---her 2nd grade teacher asked her why she talked so much....and she said "Cause I have important things to say!" (and she wants to be in politics!)

+++++++++
ab is still coughing but she insisted on going to work--did not want to get an occurence (and she's realized something: if she doesn't work, she doesn't get paid!). I admire her work ethic but question going to work whilst sick.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #1361
HomeschoolMama

TE- She's being very selfish and ugly. The norm for her...
Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #1362
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
TE- She's being very selfish and ugly. The norm for her...
well, that's not what SHE said.....

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #1363
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
well, that's not what SHE said.....
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #1364
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

++++++++++++

BA home from double cheer practices.....and coughing....a lot..

Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #1365
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay Breaking News I am still going to Disney in Feb BUT Christine is joining me and we are hoping for POFQ!!!

Now for todays DRAMA!!! Let's just accept that Life for Rosie cannot be DRAMA free except when I am in Disney!!!

Well my Boss spent the day with me !! Started off she warned me she was in a BAD mood and not to take it personally well aboutan hour later after I had her rolling about the XRAy and the Church Bulletin Bloopers ,she said She was sooo glad she came to spend the day with me as she was nolonger in a bad mood !!

This opinion was reinforced ... Here it comes ....I broke the Key in the lock to Controlled meds Lock Box I mean half was in and half was in my hand !!!.. I thought she was gonna peepee her pants !!Her I am FREAKIN'and she is rolling !!! Any way good old Willie came from Maintenance and retrieved the broken key and replaced the lock !! He said he was sure someone set me uP
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: