Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #901
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
OK, I probably need to start my "over the river and through the woods" trek.
At least you are not on a sleigh through white and drifted snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
What's an iron?
I;m not sure!

Quote:
I guess while we were in Disney, my mom's firend gave her a recipe and the kids made doggie treats. It's the only treat I've found that Riley will eat, so the girls made more Saturday.
Can I have the recipie. Jimmy would probably get a kick out of doing that for Tink!

Quote:
So, I have my second chiropractor appt this am. I'm actually excited because I feel so much better than last week. There's still pain when I bend and twist, but it's managable.

Be good this morning! [/COLOR]
Good luck and I'm always good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Good morning!

Had a good day yesterday, another prof asked me to be a tutor for his classes claiming that I am "highly intelligent". I laughed to myself as shouldn't the sucking up be going the other way around, student sucking up to teacher? Anyways I agreed to do it as a lot of my classmates need all the help they can get. I often help them anyways so I may as well get paid for doing it right?

Then I got a test and a paper back, got 100% on both! I was really surprised about the test as I was so unsure about some of my answers.

I know I probably sound like a braggart talking about school so much, I just feel so much better about myself and the direction of my life now that I am back in school and have a set goal/career that I am working towards, I don't feel so aimless and I haven't had a single anxiety attack since September, hopefully they are a thing of the past.

Not bragging Lessa, that's great and on the 100's and the extra money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessa
Disaster also seems to be striking my class, within one week two people came down with H1NI, one girl broke her ankle falling on the stairs and another had a house fire. I dread what is going to happen next!
Stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
sounds bad though!
It does, doesn't it!

Quote:
Ab is going in to school late today with a sore throat---I told her I'd take her before 2nd period, and she reminded me she could drive. One of her BFFs just got swine flu---and she's the daughter of the school nurse. Hopefully all will stay well.
Hope she feels better!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #902
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Not much planned for today. I have to finish up the laundry. Tonight I am going out to dinner with my girlfriends! We are meeting at 5pm, so it's not going to be a late night, but it should be fun. We haven't had a chance to get together in a while.
Sounds fun, Janet.

Quote:
How old is he again?
2 1/2. It's funny that I understand what he's saying more than my Bil or Uncle Mooch. Boys!

Quote:
Wow, you iron
Much cheaper than the cleaners.

Quote:
I'm heading out in a bit to go get the replacement iPhone. I was told to make an appointment at an Apple store, so I'm sort of on a timeline. It's not in either of my local malls, and to get there I have to combat a serious lack of bridges over the main river - we're getting a bridge with stimulus money in my town, but for now I have to drive 20 minutes north just to get across a bridge, and then the mall with the Apple store is actually about 20 minutes south, go figure.
Pack a lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Morning! I seem to have gotten past the sticker shock of new AC - thanks for commiserating with me, lol! I'm sorts of Fuzzy about it now; just think - the reduction in electric bills will help pay for that $5K programmable thermostat!
Positive thinking.

Quote:
I had a GREAT ride last night! What a difference not having a sinus infection makes. For my fellow horsey-friends, I spent a good part of the lesson in 2-point, which was new for me. My thighs will thank me later, lol! And I found my ability to post the trot again - yay!
Sounds like a great lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
My best friend works at an animal shelter and I have no idea how she does it. I know I couldn't do it becuase I'm such a big softie and I would want them all.
I'm right there with you. We went to Petco and Mitch was looking at the cats but I couldn't even do that!

Quote:
Uh-oh...is it a whole Christmas day? I love the ones with the food. It all looks so good.
The Corky's BBQ is so good! We lived down the street from the restaurant in Memphis and went there quite often. I also like the Chesapeake Bay crab cakes and Lobster Gram lobsters.

Quote:
So, I have my second chiropractor appt this am. I'm actually excited because I feel so much better than last week. There's still pain when I bend and twist, but it's managable.
I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Way to go, Lessa!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #903
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
2 1/2. It's funny that I understand what he's saying more than my Bil or Uncle Mooch. Boys!
Wait until he starts full sentences, it gets even funnier.

Quote:
The Corky's BBQ is so good! We lived down the street from the restaurant in Memphis and went there quite often. I also like the Chesapeake Bay crab cakes and Lobster Gram lobsters.
THe grab cakes and lobster grams are awesome. Was unsure about trying the Corky's, but if you give it a thumbs up, I'm going to try them. We are having an open house on New Years Day, so those would be perfect to put out!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #904
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Lori and Angela, got my days mixed up. Holiday kick off is on Saturday

http://www.qvc.com/ProgramGuide/Prog...igate=20091024

Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #905
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Be good this morning!
I'm glad you're excited - hope it is going well!

Quote:
I know I probably sound like a braggart talking about school so much, I just feel so much better about myself and the direction of my life now that I am back in school and have a set goal/career that I am working towards, I don't feel so aimless and I haven't had a single anxiety attack since September, hopefully they are a thing of the past.
Don't be goofy, girl. We're here to celebrate triumphs just as much as sympathize with the bad. I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
He is still sceered of loud noises, tall people, and things that bark.
Hmm, so I can't come visit?

Quote:
At least you are not on a sleigh through white and drifted snow!
Very, very true. It was supposed to get to 60 today, but now at noon it's still only 46, so I don't know if we'll make it.

Well... After driving 45 minutes each way for a 10 minute stop , I do happily have a new phone. I stopped at the AT&T store, too, and had them reinstate my data plan (I had it turned off for the time I wasn't using the phone) and get myself all transfered back. I bought a new tougher case with a lip, so that if it falls face down, the screen shouldn't touch the ground. (Shouldn't, but I can break nearly anything... )

So, I'm home and I've had some lunch, and printed my book fair papers to take in for approval. I should go do that and hit the grocery store before it gets too late. I have to drive by the schools to get to and from the store, and since the high school lets out 45 minutes earlier than my kids' elementary, the traffic is crazy starting earlier than I need to be home, if that makes sense.

I've got to figure out dinner tonight, too, since I'm heading out. With the boys having their tennis lesson, it needs to be quick - no defrosting nor baking, so maybe I'll do up a good pasta. I think I'll stick my chicken & noodles in tomorrow, since yoga gets out even later than tennis.

See you later!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #906
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Glad you got your phone CE...did you get the insurance too

Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #907
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Lori and Angela, got my days mixed up. Holiday kick off is on Saturday

http://www.qvc.com/ProgramGuide/Prog...igate=20091024
....you better get back to work soon sweetie--QVC and Oprah??

Quote:

Hmm, so I can't come visit?

:
no sorry---I'm making Daran sit on his knees around him!

Glad you got your phone! Hold on tight!

+++++++++

Oops--Daran came home from lunch to the sound of my Farmville cows mooing (despite the fact I had minimized the page when I heard his car. )
He asked what I was up too---I came up with a laundry basket! Somehow I hated to say I was posting old pics to Facebook and playing with the kitty!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #908
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

You got busted TE

You ain't kidding. Jim is wondering when all the boxes are going to start arriving

Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #909
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Boots was happy to have his breakfast this morning---but then he always eats like it's his last meal!
We've had Casey for 4 months and he's just starting to slow down when he eats.

Quote:
Can I have the recipie. Jimmy would probably get a kick out of doing that for Tink!
Here it is...
Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers
• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
• 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container. --- This is the original recipe, but I have found the cookies burn easily.

We just roll them in little balls. They'd be cute in shapes for puppy christmas presents, though if you have family memebers or friends with dogs.

Quote:
Much cheaper than the cleaners.
Cleaners? Like Windex or Comet?

Quote:
Well... After driving 45 minutes each way for a 10 minute stop , I do happily have a new phone. I stopped at the AT&T store, too, and had them reinstate my data plan (I had it turned off for the time I wasn't using the phone) and get myself all transfered back. I bought a new tougher case with a lip, so that if it falls face down, the screen shouldn't touch the ground. (Shouldn't, but I can break nearly anything... )

So, I'm home and I've had some lunch, and printed my book fair papers to take in for approval. I should go do that and hit the grocery store before it gets too late. I have to drive by the schools to get to and from the store, and since the high school lets out 45 minutes earlier than my kids' elementary, the traffic is crazy starting earlier than I need to be home, if that makes sense.

I've got to figure out dinner tonight, too, since I'm heading out. With the boys having their tennis lesson, it needs to be quick - no defrosting nor baking, so maybe I'll do up a good pasta. I think I'll stick my chicken & noodles in tomorrow, since yoga gets out even later than tennis.

See you later!
I'm tired reading everything you're doing today.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #910
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Oops--Daran came home from lunch to the sound of my Farmville cows mooing (despite the fact I had minimized the page when I heard his car. )
He asked what I was up too---I came up with a laundry basket! Somehow I hated to say I was posting old pics to Facebook and playing with the kitty!
You know you can turn off the sound, right?

As my kids would sing: "You're B-U-S-T-E-D... BUSTED!"

I'm going to nap. So there.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #911
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know - so much for my "free" day, huh? Tomorrow might be as bad if the book fair stuff gets approved. I'll be copying and collating all day.

Oh, and I did laundry this morning, too!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #912
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
You got busted TE

You ain't kidding. Jim is wondering when all the boxes are going to start arriving

Quote:
We've had Casey for 4 months and he's just starting to slow down when he eats.

Here it is...
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 375'F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 20 minutes on a greased baking sheet until lightly brown. Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container. --- This is the original recipe, but I have found the cookies burn easily.

We just roll them in little balls. They'd be cute in shapes for puppy christmas presents, though if you have family memebers or friends with dogs.

Quote:
You know you can turn off the sound, right?

As my kids would sing: "You're B-U-S-T-E-D... BUSTED!"

and yeah CE---you're makin' us look bad!

off to the grocery store. Boo

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #913
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here it is...
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1 cup milk

Thanks!

Quote:

Quote:
Enjoy!

Old 10-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #914
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
But you're not giving us color or consistency... (Thank you for that, by the way...)

Quote:
This years Home and SChool Board are a bunch of morons! They put out an announcement at back to school night with times/dates for the General Membership meetings for the year. The 1st one was supposed ot be tonight.
What a PITA!!!!

Quote:
Pressies=poop
Yep And so pleased you found Boots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I went to pick Lindsey up from school today and didn't have brakes in my car. I was just thinking about taking it in to the shop for brakes and well, now I REALLY need too. I was having to use the emergency brake just to stop. So, tomorrow morning the car is going to the shop. Another reason on why I may be staying home from class.
Yikes, glad you didn't have an accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Jo tell Boots Good job!!
Will do

Quote:
Don't be silly, brag away, we're all proud of you

Quote:
Glad you got it and hope you don't break anything this time

Boots was so terrified of having to fight TE's Boots that she's changed her name to Boo, much cuter for a little girl don't you think

Played golf today and OMG I was bad Literally nothing went right, no putts went in or anything Hopefully I used up all the bad shots before my match on Friday!!!

I bought Boo a scratching post with toy attached and she's hilarious, she climbed all the way to the top
Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #915
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know - so much for my "free" day, huh? Tomorrow might be as bad if the book fair stuff gets approved. I'll be copying and collating all day.

Oh, and I did laundry this morning, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Boots was so terrified of having to fight TE's Boots that she's changed her name to Boo, much cuter for a little girl don't you think

Quote:
Played golf today and OMG I was bad Literally nothing went right, no putts went in or anything Hopefully I used up all the bad shots before my match on Friday!!!
Sorry you played bad

Quote:
I bought Boo a scratching post with toy attached and she's hilarious, she climbed all the way to the top
And this is entertaining I gues I just don't get the whole cat thing

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: