Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #886
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
He's so cute when he arches his little back so you can pet him....it's sad to think he was out in the wild for his whole life.
He won the kitty lottery too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I went to pick Lindsey up from school today and didn't have brakes in my car.
Oh my! Thanks goodness you were still able to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
They are spoiled babies now!
As all pets should be!

We had a nice dinner with Reid & Drew last night. Mitch came home and sat at the table eating crudites with Reid whilst I fixed dinner. I love that Reid is getting older and can have real conversation. On the way home from school he was telling me that his turtle was talking to me. I couldn't get what he was saying to me, but...

Today I must iron even though I have said that for 2 weeks now. It's supposed to be back near 80 where it should be.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #887
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Found him!...........or really Max did!

We couldn't find Boots at all.........so we let Max come and look....he is SO smart...he sniffed all the places kitty had been....and then he went to a drawer and started prancing around....BA opened the drawer and there was kitty! Have no clue how he fit into the drawer.
Good boy Max

Quote:
Thanks Janet. He's feeling a little better. I should be able to make up the test. The teacher is pretty understanding about things like this and with all the flu bugs going around I think most are being more understanding than they normally would.
Oh good!

Quote:
I've been watching more QVC lately as well. LOL I love watching the Christmas shows they have on and the decorations.
Wednesday...just sayin

Quote:
I went to pick Lindsey up from school today and didn't have brakes in my car. I was just thinking about taking it in to the shop for brakes and well, now I REALLY need too. I was having to use the emergency brake just to stop. So, tomorrow morning the car is going to the shop. Another reason on why I may be staying home from class.
Glad you are ok!

Quote:
And I just heard on the news that the teachers in our school district may be going on strike. CRAP! I have no idea what to do with child care then, especially for Lindsey. My brother isn't working so he may be watching her while I have class. We should know by this Friday what is going to happen.
Hope they settle before that!

Quote:
Luckily, they have us now and won't even remember what it was like to not snuggle in bed with me at night and eat special puppy popper treats that we made for them! They are spoiled babies now! [/COLOR]
You make the dog treats

========================

Good Morning all. It's a wonderful day in Philly. THe Phillies came back and beat the Dodgers. One win away from the World Series I actually fell aslepp and didn't see the end of the game (that's why I didn't answer your text T!). Maybe I need to do that more often.

Not much planned for today. I have to finish up the laundry. Tonight I am going out to dinner with my girlfriends! We are meeting at 5pm, so it's not going to be a late night, but it should be fun. We haven't had a chance to get together in a while.

Otherwise I will be around. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #888
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
We had a nice dinner with Reid & Drew last night. Mitch came home and sat at the table eating crudites with Reid whilst I fixed dinner. I love that Reid is getting older and can have real conversation. On the way home from school he was telling me that his turtle was talking to me. I couldn't get what he was saying to me, but...
Alot of times you just have to and pretend you know what they are saying How old is he again?

Quote:
Today I must iron even though I have said that for 2 weeks now. It's supposed to be back near 80 where it should be.
Wow, you iron

Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #889
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Morning all !! Girls have Parent /Teacher conferences tonite and Kyle on Thursday!!Another busy week here at work , meetings, case reviews etc plus working second job a few times !!Looks like next month willslow down a bit as they have hired someone to work the Monday shift !! So I will have a break for a while !! The 2gals I work with aren't happy as w are a great team!!

Jo tell Boots Good job!!

Gotta run first meeting at 8:30amand it is a one as it is with the consumers !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #890
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

No way am I first this morning? (Oops, no, I see Angela beat me! )

Quote:
Found him!...........or really Max did!
Oh, good!

Quote:
Oh, dear.

I'm heading out in a bit to go get the replacement iPhone. I was told to make an appointment at an Apple store, so I'm sort of on a timeline. It's not in either of my local malls, and to get there I have to combat a serious lack of bridges over the main river - we're getting a bridge with stimulus money in my town, but for now I have to drive 20 minutes north just to get across a bridge, and then the mall with the Apple store is actually about 20 minutes south, go figure.

So, I need to shower, and I'll check back later! I also need a grocery run today, and I need to get some stuff about the book fair to school for the principal to approve before we send out the student packets.

See you later!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #891
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I'm heading out in a bit to go get the replacement iPhone. I was told to make an appointment at an Apple store, so I'm sort of on a timeline. It's not in either of my local malls, and to get there I have to combat a serious lack of bridges over the main river - we're getting a bridge with stimulus money in my town, but for now I have to drive 20 minutes north just to get across a bridge, and then the mall with the Apple store is actually about 20 minutes south, go figure.
That's crazy!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #892
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
That's crazy!
Yeah, any time I plug in "find the nearest store" on a website, this mall 40 minutes away comes up as the nearest, because as the crow flies, it's truly within a 15 mile radius from my house. But, in true Northern New England fashion "Oh, you can't get the-ah from he-ah."

I'm clean!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #893
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
We couldn't find Boots at all.........so we let Max come and look....he is SO smart...he sniffed all the places kitty had been....and then he went to a drawer and started prancing around....BA opened the drawer and there was kitty! Have no clue how he fit into the drawer.
Uh-oh - you've got a drawer-kitty! My Sophie was one, too. To this day, I don't know how she got into my bureau drawers, though I'm guessing she somehow squeezed in from the back. She's too big to do it anymore. Now, I find her tunneled under the blankets on my bed!

Quote:
EEK!
Quote:
And I just heard on the news that the teachers in our school district may be going on strike.
Double EEK!

Quote:
It's supposed to be back near 80 where it should be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning! I seem to have gotten past the sticker shock of new AC - thanks for commiserating with me, lol! I'm sorts of Fuzzy about it now; just think - the reduction in electric bills will help pay for that $5K programmable thermostat!

See? I've got my humor back. Things are looking up! That's also in part to...

I had a GREAT ride last night! What a difference not having a sinus infection makes. For my fellow horsey-friends, I spent a good part of the lesson in 2-point, which was new for me. My thighs will thank me later, lol! And I found my ability to post the trot again - yay!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #894
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, any time I plug in "find the nearest store" on a website, this mall 40 minutes away comes up as the nearest, because as the crow flies, it's truly within a 15 mile radius from my house. But, in true Northern New England fashion "Oh, you can't get the-ah from he-ah."

I'm clean!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #895
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You big softie!!!

I feel the same way about my puppies, though. It makes me sad to think they lived in those horrible shelters with concrete floors and chain link walls.

My puppy, Casey, just turned 6 months old this last week. He has a little tear in his ear that always makes me wonder if he was abused before I got him.

Luckily, they have us now and won't even remember what it was like to not snuggle in bed with me at night and eat special puppy popper treats that we made for them! They are spoiled babies now!
My best friend works at an animal shelter and I have no idea how she does it. I know I couldn't do it becuase I'm such a big softie and I would want them all. She posts all the pets on her Facebook and I know a few have been adopted that way which I think is great. She keeps telling me to bring the kids over to see the animals but I refuse because I know we would end up bringing something home.

Quote:
That is so cute! I love that stage and do miss it some.

Quote:
Wednesday...just sayin
Uh-oh...is it a whole Christmas day? I love the ones with the food. It all looks so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Hope they settle before that!
I hope they settle as well. Of course the sticking point is salaries. Can't blame the teachers though. They haven't had an increase in salary in 5 years while the board directors have gotten one each year. We'll see what happens come Friday.

Quote:
That stinks! Sounds like what we have by us as well. It really is a pain.

Linds is dropped off at school and the car is dropped off in the shop. Hope to hear from them soon and how much it's going to cost me.

I'm off to snuggle with DR. Hope y'all have a good day!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #896
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Morning! I seem to have gotten past the sticker shock of new AC - thanks for commiserating with me, lol! I'm sorts of Fuzzy about it now; just think - the reduction in electric bills will help pay for that $5K programmable thermostat!
Positive thinking!

Quote:
I had a GREAT ride last night! What a difference not having a sinus infection makes. For my fellow horsey-friends, I spent a good part of the lesson in 2-point, which was new for me. My thighs will thank me later, lol! And I found my ability to post the trot again - yay!
Yay

Quote:
Uh-oh...is it a whole Christmas day? I love the ones with the food. It all looks so good.

Quote:
I hope they settle as well. Of course the sticking point is salaries. Can't blame the teachers though. They haven't had an increase in salary in 5 years while the board directors have gotten one each year. We'll see what happens come Friday.
Oh, I'd be striking too

Old 10-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #897
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See? I've got my humor back. Things are looking up!
I'm glad!

Quote:
Cool!

Quote:
She keeps telling me to bring the kids over to see the animals but I refuse because I know we would end up bringing something home.
Indeed. Linus is a shelter dog, and I have nothing but good things to say about shelter adoptions, but I don't need a new animal. I cannot go in there.

Quote:
You, too!

OK, I probably need to start my "over the river and through the woods" trek.

I need to decide if I'm going to the grocery straight after the mall, or if I'm coming home first. I'm thinking I'll come home, as I haven't yet printed off my school stuff, so I'll combine a school stop and the grocery.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #898
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
What's an iron?

Quote:
You make the dog treats
I guess while we were in Disney, my mom's firend gave her a recipe and the kids made doggie treats. It's the only treat I've found that Riley will eat, so the girls made more Saturday.

Quote:

I'm clean!

Quote:
Uh-oh - you've got a drawer-kitty! My Sophie was one, too. To this day, I don't know how she got into my bureau drawers, though I'm guessing she somehow squeezed in from the back. She's too big to do it anymore. Now, I find her tunneled under the blankets on my bed!
My kitty used to sneak in whenever they were left open for a minute, then we'd shut it not realizing she was sleeping on the clothes. Eventually we'd hear meowing from the sock drawer.

Quote:
My best friend works at an animal shelter and I have no idea how she does it. I know I couldn't do it becuase I'm such a big softie and I would want them all. She posts all the pets on her Facebook and I know a few have been adopted that way which I think is great. She keeps telling me to bring the kids over to see the animals but I refuse because I know we would end up bringing something home.
I couldn't do it either. That would break my heart daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I have my second chiropractor appt this am. I'm actually excited because I feel so much better than last week. There's still pain when I bend and twist, but it's managable.

Be good this morning!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #899
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Had a good day yesterday, another prof asked me to be a tutor for his classes claiming that I am "highly intelligent". I laughed to myself as shouldn't the sucking up be going the other way around, student sucking up to teacher? Anyways I agreed to do it as a lot of my classmates need all the help they can get. I often help them anyways so I may as well get paid for doing it right?

Then I got a test and a paper back, got 100% on both! I was really surprised about the test as I was so unsure about some of my answers.

I know I probably sound like a braggart talking about school so much, I just feel so much better about myself and the direction of my life now that I am back in school and have a set goal/career that I am working towards, I don't feel so aimless and I haven't had a single anxiety attack since September, hopefully they are a thing of the past.

Today I have a biology test, hopefully it won't be too bad. I didn't end up studying much last night as I was exhausted so I went to bed around 8:30 and didn't wake up until 8 this morning! That is nearly twelve hours of sleep!

Disaster also seems to be striking my class, within one week two people came down with H1NI, one girl broke her ankle falling on the stairs and another had a house fire. I dread what is going to happen next!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #900
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
You big softie!!!

I feel the same way about my puppies, though. It makes me sad to think they lived in those horrible shelters with concrete floors and chain link walls.

My puppy, Casey, just turned 6 months old this last week. He has a little tear in his ear that always makes me wonder if he was abused before I got him.

Luckily, they have us now and won't even remember what it was like to not snuggle in bed with me at night and eat special puppy popper treats that we made for them! They are spoiled babies now!

Boots was happy to have his breakfast this morning---but then he always eats like it's his last meal!
He is still sceered of loud noises, tall people, and things that bark.

Quote:
He won the kitty lottery too!

Quote:

EEK!

Double EEK!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See? I've got my humor back. Things are looking up! That's also in part to...

I've heard that kitties like drawers--Isabella is so "plump" she couldn't fit in one! She does like boxes tho!

Quote:

That is so cute! I love that stage and do miss it some.

That stinks! Sounds like what we have by us as well. It really is a pain.

Linds is dropped off at school and the car is dropped off in the shop. Hope to hear from them soon and how much it's going to cost me.

I've thought about volunteering at a shelter but I was also afraid I couldn't leave them there. I should donate to them tho....it's sad--over 90% are killed at the one near me.....one lady said the collection of collars at the end of the day would make you cry.

Quote:
What's an iron?

]
sounds bad though!

Good luck with your chiropractor!

Ab is going in to school late today with a sore throat---I told her I'd take her before 2nd period, and she reminded me she could drive. One of her BFFs just got swine flu---and she's the daughter of the school nurse. Hopefully all will stay well.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: