Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #871
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Big celebration, Boots just did her first pressie in the litter box It's like having a baby all over again and discussing the stuff in it's nappy/diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
No, but my girls want to do an indoor/overnight trip, so I need to have that training. There's a Girl Scout house in our neighborhood that has heat, den w/fireplace, full kitchen and bath facilities that we're looking at. I just found out today that the park it's in used to be a cemetary!
That's my kind of camping

Jimmy';s den does an indor cammping thing at the zoo, then an outdoor one in June. I figure those are two nights I can make plans with my girlfriends and go out. I sure as heck ain't sleeping on the ground or floor!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #872
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Sadly, yes. I suck at it though. I can't figure out how to get more servers.
When you get to level 8 or 9, I think you will get to hire someone else.
TE taught me to take my door and put it in storage while I'm cooking a bunch of stuff so my rating won't go down. When your rating is up, more people come in.

Quote:
Big celebration, Boots just did her first pressie in the litter box It's like having a baby all over again and discussing the stuff in it's nappy/diaper

Good job, Boots!
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #873
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Denise, I'd be lost without my laptop - I totally understand.
Really! I miss DIS-ing - and downloading my Podcasts - I have nothing to listen to on the way home from work Oh, and that power cord for $104. I just ordered one from Amazon for $10.03. Geesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
You need to tell your boss that you must have Dis breaks
Really, it's not like I take smoke breaks!

Quote:
Good for Boots! DH and I have the daily "pooh report" on Lilly - it's hysterical to listen to, but we are very concerned about the state of her ...ummmm...production
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 10-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #874
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post

Good job, Boots!
What????

Quote:
TE taught me to take my door and put it in storage while I'm cooking a bunch of stuff so my rating won't go down. When your rating is up, more people come in.
Also if you box your chef and servers in like I have they cook and serve quicker so you sell stuff faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Good for Boots! DH and I have the daily "pooh report" on Lilly - it's hysterical to listen to, but we are very concerned about the state of her ...ummmm...production
Exactly
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #875
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's like having a baby all over again and discussing the stuff in it's nappy/diaper
But you're not giving us color or consistency... (Thank you for that, by the way...)

Quote:
I just found out today that the park it's in used to be a cemetary!
Oooh, good for ghost stories!

Finally talked to D, and he's in agreement that my super fast tuna noodles would be good for dinner. It's fast, and if anyone perhaps would rather have leftover burritos or one of the last enchiladas, no biggie.

The kids are out playing - it's 54 and sunny!

OK, must get off my behind. Have a good evening!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #876
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But you're not giving us color or consistency... (Thank you for that, by the way...)

Quote:
Finally talked to D, and he's in agreement that my super fast tuna noodles would be good for dinner. It's fast, and if anyone perhaps would rather have leftover burritos or one of the last enchiladas, no biggie.
Sounds good!
==========================

My meeting is cancelled. In reference to my last FB update and those who saw it...

This years Home and SChool Board are a bunch of morons! They put out an announcement at back to school night with times/dates for the General Membership meetings for the year. The 1st one was supposed ot be tonight.

THe calender for October came out listing the General Membership Meeting for OCtober 19th.

In the meantime The Science Fair is getting ready to start, so there is a big meeting for that on Thursday. So, the President, without any input from anyone decided to combine the meetings. OK, fine, whatever. My email to the rest of the board was make sure that you send home something with the kids stating that the meeting on the 19th is cancelled, etc.

I got a dozen emails asking me what I was talking about. Finally, I couldn't take the stupidity any more I called and talked to the principal. HE was never told that tonights meeting was cancelled and rescheduled for Thursday and at 2:30 (dismissal is at 3:09) had to quickly make up flyers to send home with all the kids.

Our HSA president thinks she is all that...guess what, she's not

Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #877
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Also if you box your chef and servers in like I have they cook and serve quicker so you sell stuff faster
I just did that.

Quote:
Yes, thank you!

Quote:
My meeting is cancelled. In reference to my last FB update and those who saw it...
Now you can watch the game!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #878
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our HSA president thinks she is all that...guess what, she's not
Ah, well, I'm not that bad. I'm sorry you have to deal with it, though!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #879
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Howdy ya'll!

JO has pictures of the new addition to the family, post #799. Jess is sick.
Boots is very cute! I hope Jess feels better this evening.

JANET is cooking and cleaning. Pic of Jimmy in his scout uniform, post #858.
He looks good in uniform!

ROSIE says the girls won 3rd in their competition. She’s hooking up with another grandma for the next WDW trip.
on both.

LORI is back. Her kiddos are doing well in school. DR has a cold. She is taking tests and doing labs at school. She is going to get a ‘me’ weekend this weekend.
Missed you!

CE was driving in snow.
That'll be enough of that! What are you trying to do? Jinx the rest of us!

T says no lettuce in your burritos!

Z is still taking care of kittens.

V has to get an A/C. FL is cold at the moment though.
Sorry!

TE likes lettuce on her burritos.
Me too! Plus sour cream and tomatoes or salsa and guacamole!!!!

DENISE has been busy and her laptop died.
Good to see you!!

************************************************** ********************************
5 words - DAIRY QUEEN PUMPKIN PIE BLIZZARD
Hmmm..never tried them!

Quote:
So are you getting one? Good luck on keeping it upstairs, Boots discovered the stairs within about an hour And yes the pressies were little

So cute!

I know

Because they're kids

Yikes and yikes about your DD's crash too. Thanks about Boots

Thanks and she's fine now!

What's that? Type of icecream? We don't have pumpkin flavoured stuff here!

Pressies=poop

Well, afraid to say it....but I may have to call the whole "Boots off" off----cause I ain't seen my little kitty since I mentioned it!

.......I put his food out..and he ate whilst I was at work......but now, we can't find him....he's SOMEWHERE in the garage.

Bear wants to look for him!

Quote:
That's right, I forgot it's 7 not 5! Duh!

No, but my girls want to do an indoor/overnight trip, so I need to have that training. There's a Girl Scout house in our neighborhood that has heat, den w/fireplace, full kitchen and bath facilities that we're looking at. I just found out today that the park it's in used to be a cemetary!

So cute!

Sadly, yes. I suck at it though. I can't figure out how to get more servers.

Oh no! I hope things get better!

That sounds more like a wrap.

Sounds heavenly!
Gotta level up to hire more!

Quote:

Good job, Boots!
<<sniff sniiff>> I'm so proud my young Jedi....

+++++++++
Well, the seniors loved the pumpkin pie and the class was good!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #880
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="YellowGreen"] : Now you can watch the game!

Quote:
Ah, well, I'm not that bad. I'm sorry you have to deal with it, though!
No, you would realize that you would have parents showing up and being pretty ticked off when everything was locked up. You probably would have realized you need to notify the principal too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Well, the seniors loved the pumpkin pie and the class was good!
Good show

Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #881
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

No, you would realize that you would have parents showing up and being pretty ticked off when everything was locked up. You probably would have realized you need to notify the principal too

Good show
What game are you watching Janet??

I still can't find my kitty....

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #882
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What game are you watching Janet??

I still can't find my kitty....
Baseball game. Phillies/Dodgers.

Where could he be!?????

Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #883
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Baseball game. Phillies/Dodgers.

Where could he be!?????
Found him!...........or really Max did!

We couldn't find Boots at all.........so we let Max come and look....he is SO smart...he sniffed all the places kitty had been....and then he went to a drawer and started prancing around....BA opened the drawer and there was kitty! Have no clue how he fit into the drawer.

But he was glad to get out and eat! And eat! And now he's back in his crate after being petted! He's so cute when he arches his little back so you can pet him....it's sad to think he was out in the wild for his whole life.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #884
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope he feels better. What about your test today, will you be able to make it up?
Thanks Janet. He's feeling a little better. I should be able to make up the test. The teacher is pretty understanding about things like this and with all the flu bugs going around I think most are being more understanding than they normally would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
That's why I flip between CNN and QVC.
I've been watching more QVC lately as well. LOL I love watching the Christmas shows they have on and the decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
Next to the pumpkin spice pudding, there was a recipe for a Triple-Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie that I think I'll make tonight. I love all things pumpkin. I Hop has pumpkin pancakes now for awhile.
Mmmmmmmm...those all sound so good! I love anything with lemon in it and pumpkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
UGH! What a pain! Hope you can get it all worked out.

Quote:
Well David had to go and pick Jess up from school as she was feeling sick, like a good Mummy I made her go straight to bed and OMG she actually slept for about 3 hours, maybe something was wrong Also whilst I was at the supermarket D found some little pressies from our new little girl in the dining room, so pleased I was out
Hope Jess is feeling better and Poor David...doesn't sound like a very fun job on that one.

Quote:
Hi Lori! I was wondering where you've been. Sorry to hear about DR. It's going around, my kids had it last week and now I've got it.
Hi T! Yep, I'm back and happy to be back. Hope y'all are feeling better. I feel like I'm getting the crud DR has now though.

Quote:
Speaking of Scouts, here is a picture of Jimmy in his Cub Scout Uniform!

Adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am planning my 2010 trip and it is shaping up well !! I have another Grannie to go with I will be doing a PTR whn it is more firm !! We are looking at renting DVC points at BWV but nothing definate yet !!I m really excited !!
Sounds like it will be a great time Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
[5 words - DAIRY QUEEN PUMPKIN PIE BLIZZARD
YUM! I wish our DQ was still opened. They close in the fall/winter since business is slow.

Quote:

Thanks for all the get better vibes everyone. DR is feeling a little better, but I feel like I'm coming down with something. Sore throat, stuffy nose and I can feel something going on in my chest. I don't have class until 2 tomorrow so hopefully I can make it since I have a quiz in this class as well.

I went to pick Lindsey up from school today and didn't have brakes in my car. I was just thinking about taking it in to the shop for brakes and well, now I REALLY need too. I was having to use the emergency brake just to stop. So, tomorrow morning the car is going to the shop. Another reason on why I may be staying home from class.

And I just heard on the news that the teachers in our school district may be going on strike. CRAP! I have no idea what to do with child care then, especially for Lindsey. My brother isn't working so he may be watching her while I have class. We should know by this Friday what is going to happen.

So, that's it for me. Night everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #885
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Found him!...........or really Max did!

We couldn't find Boots at all.........so we let Max come and look....he is SO smart...he sniffed all the places kitty had been....and then he went to a drawer and started prancing around....BA opened the drawer and there was kitty! Have no clue how he fit into the drawer.

But he was glad to get out and eat! And eat! And now he's back in his crate after being petted! He's so cute when he arches his little back so you can pet him....it's sad to think he was out in the wild for his whole life.
You big softie!!!

I feel the same way about my puppies, though. It makes me sad to think they lived in those horrible shelters with concrete floors and chain link walls.

My puppy, Casey, just turned 6 months old this last week. He has a little tear in his ear that always makes me wonder if he was abused before I got him.

Luckily, they have us now and won't even remember what it was like to not snuggle in bed with me at night and eat special puppy popper treats that we made for them! They are spoiled babies now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: