Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #856
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I have to tell you, they were super, super good. And hot.The green salsa was the key. I made half green and half red, but the green kicked butt.

I have to say, I'm pretty proud.We served three dishes we'd never tried before to 7 other people and everyone was raving. It's not that we did anything but follow recipes, but I guess since we're willing to try something unusual (at least in the Northeast......

It's yearly, and we've done the last two years as Asian - which we also rock at (yeah, I'm cocky... ) but this was SO freaking good... And truly, not that complicated.
Sounds like you had a great night. I loves me some yummy, spicy Mexican food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
OMG, I watch them every day...it's the only thing on during the day
OMG, that show scares me. RIP Bea Arthur, but seriously what a fashion disaster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Well there were big screams this morning, the girls were playing with Boots before school and she wee'd all over Jessica in her school uniform She wasn't happy!!!! We kept telling them to not be too excitable with her but they didn't listen
OMG! I showed Boots picture to Mads and now she wants one too. I just have to figure out how to keep the kitty upstairs only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
DR is home sick today. Poor kid is all stuffed up, croupy cough and has a fever. I'm hoping it doesn't spread to the rest of us. Not much else planned. Hope everyone else has a good Monday.
Hi Lori! I was wondering where you've been. Sorry to hear about DR. It's going around, my kids had it last week and now I've got it.
Quote:
Good morning. Boys off to work/school. Everyone tired from staying up watching the game. These 8pm starts are too late Today is laundry day then I have a home and school general membership meeting tonight.

Have a good day everyone!
Dude, that game was painful to watch! I hope the Phillies win tonight - I just want it to be over. Angels are choking, the Dodgers are completely blowing it - WTH is wrong with LA??
Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
My sis is out of town so I invited my BIL & Reid over for dinner tonight which somehow turned into my picking Reid up from school. No idea how cooking dinner whilst watching a two year old will go!
Make something simple and let him help you. It'll be the time of your life, I promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
DL Mama,

I just saw on the news that the cupcake industry is booming in CA. I'm glad you are doing your part to stimulate the economy.
That's because the cupcakes here are OUTRAGOUSLY OVERPRICED! C'mon $6 for a gourment cupcake??? Give me a break. I bake my own dozen for less than that and I can eat all 12!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

I'm gonna go find something good to eat now...
Oh man! I'm sorry about the AC, V.

How about a cupcake?
Quote:
Well David had to go and pick Jess up from school as she was feeling sick, like a good Mummy I made her go straight to bed and OMG she actually slept for about 3 hours, maybe something was wrong Also whilst I was at the supermarket D found some little pressies from our new little girl in the dining room, so pleased I was out
Poor Jess. At least the pressies were little, right?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Morning Everyone!

Sucky weekend. I was sick all weekend and then I had a Girl Scout training on Sunday. I need to hit the grocery this morning, but have to wait for my food to be ready on Cafe World.

Not much going on today. The weather is cloudy and drizzly today, which is a nice break from 90+ weather this weekend! UGH!

Enjoy your Monday! Peace!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #857
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
OMG, that show scares me. RIP Bea Arthur, but seriously what a fashion disaster!
Hey, that was high fashion for the 80's

Quote:
OMG! I showed Boots picture to Mads and now she wants one too. I just have to figure out how to keep the kitty upstairs only.
Good luck with that!

Quote:
Dude, that game was painful to watch! I hope the Phillies win tonight - I just want it to be over. Angels are choking, the Dodgers are completely blowing it - WTH is wrong with LA??
Well, they have to win two more, but WEdnesday works for me

Quote:
That's because the cupcakes here are OUTRAGOUSLY OVERPRICED! C'mon $6 for a gourment cupcake??? Give me a break. I bake my own dozen for less than that and I can eat all 12!
$6

Quote:
Sucky weekend. I was sick all weekend and then I had a Girl Scout training on Sunday.
Must have been a scout weekend because Jim had leader training on Saturday Do you have to go to that every year?

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #858
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Speaking of Scouts, here is a picture of Jimmy in his Cub Scout Uniform!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #859
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

And a few more of those. Survey says? Need to replace the whole stupid AC system. Not unexpected, but still irritating. The one I have now was 10 years old when I bought my place; I've been there another 7.

But I'm ready to puke, thinking of the cost. And I can't help but then think of how if Bonehead had paid the child support he's skipped the past 6 months, I'd have enough fromy own income to pay for the AC without financing.

I'm gonna go find something good to eat now...
I wish we lived closer. K would give you a deal.

Stupid Bonehead Ex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
.....my kitty is hiding right now....NOT a good sign...I gotta go find him and give him a pep talk!

Quote:
Is it Target brand? I may have to check this out.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
He doesn't watch tv!
Now's a perfect time to start!

Quote:
Well David had to go and pick Jess up from school as she was feeling sick, like a good Mummy I made her go straight to bed and OMG she actually slept for about 3 hours, maybe something was wrong Also whilst I was at the supermarket D found some little pressies from our new little girl in the dining room, so pleased I was out
Poor Jess...

about the pressies. The English are so proper!

Quote:

Sucky weekend. I was sick all weekend and then I had a Girl Scout training on Sunday. I need to hit the grocery this morning, but have to wait for my food to be ready on Cafe World.

Not much going on today. The weather is cloudy and drizzly today, which is a nice break from 90+ weather this weekend! UGH!

Enjoy your Monday! Peace!
Blech! I'm sorry your weekend was wasted on sick.

Another slave to the Cafe World game, huh?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #860
HomeschoolMama

Quote:

Adorable!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #861
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He doesn't watch tv!
SUrely a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse won't scar him for life

Quote:
I'm making stir fry and after looking at the recipe, it's quick so I can wait until Mitch or Drew gets here.
Although as often as he is there maybe look at a consignment shop or something to have a high chair there for just such emergencies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"] Now's a perfect time to start!

Quote:
Adorable!!!
Thanks Dawn!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #862
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Phew you have been chatty!!

Jo sorry about the wee-wee on Jess, why don't thet listen

V poor you and the a/c !!!

Hope everyone else who i feeling is better !!

I worked till midnight then hd to run a medical appointment this morning !!!Have a few more lined up for next 2 months !! I like them cuz they are short and I still have some time to Dis !!

I amtaking the girls to finish thir Xmas clothes shopping this week prolly tomorow !!

They placed 3rd in their Comp yesterday !!

The next one is an overnighter soo I will prolly get Kyle while they go

I am planning my 2010 trip and it is shaping up well !! I have another Grannie to go with I will be doing a PTR whn it is more firm !! We are looking at renting DVC points at BWV but nothing definate yet !!I m really excited !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #863
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone

Janet - what a cutie - love the uniform

Wow, what a week/weekend. I was so busy at work I did not have time to DIS last week! Horrors! I was cathcing up on Saturday, then my laptop died Not sure what the problem might be - could be just the power cord, but the only replacements they can sell you in the stores around here cost over $100 (and I can get them on-line for less then $20!). I'm not even sure that's the problem, so I have a call in to someone to see if they'll look at it. I really was lost without my laptop for most of the weekend Then, to top it all off, a tooth came out on Sat afternoon. So, I spent the morning at the dentist getting some very expensive dental work done. fun!

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say hi to everyone. Jo- the kitty photos are just adorable (aren't you glad you said yes? ) Hopefully, the oop's will stop Hope Jess isn't too sick!

V, I so sorry for all the carp you're going through. I hope you can get a good price on the AC - that's one thing I guess you absolutely need in FLA!

I think I saw some speculation pages back about "old ladies of the group" Ummm, I hate to admit this, but I think it might be me (and how did THAT happen? I was always the youngest!! ) I'm 4 (gulp) 7 (no, I really can't be that old, I don't feel that old ). anyway, just wanted to letcha all know that

Dawn - I also wanted to say, I feel so bad for all the pain you're going through as a result of the car accident. It really, really stinks. Financially and otherwise. A year or so ago my daughter's car (my Saturn which I had given her when I got a new car) was hit by a drunk driver at 3am and totaled. He took off on foot, but left his drunk and passed out friend in the SUV, and the police were able to get the guy's insurance card. Unfortunately, he also totaled 2 other cars in the accident and only had $5K total worth of insurance, so we only got well under $1K for our totaled car. I don't keep collision on her car because she lives in the city and it would be too expensive, so we lose. I am so grateful she wasn't hurt in that accident, but I was so angry at how this impacted all of us and cost us a lot of money and the stress of fighting with his insurance company (which didn't pay up for about a year) through no fault of our own. It's infuriating i know, and for you to be hurt on top of it makes it so much worse, so to you!

I hope to be able to keep up a little better this week - you miss alot if you don't

Take care everyone!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #864
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Dang. I hit something and lost my quotes, and I'm too lazy to go back!

Angela, have fun - it won't be TOO bad with Reid around.

V, I'm so, so sorry.

Lori & Jo, hope the kids feel better soon.

T, I'm sorry your weekend wasn't great. Hope you're feeling better!

Janet, nice pic!

Denise, I'd be lost without my laptop - I totally understand.

Tennis was fun. I've got nothing else... I haven't heard from D yet about when he might be home.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #865
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Hi everyone
:wave2"

Quote:
Janet - what a cutie - love the uniform
Thanks

Quote:
Wow, what a week/weekend. I was so busy at work I did not have time to DIS last week!
You need to tell your boss that you must have Dis breaks

Quote:
Then, to top it all off, a tooth came out on Sat afternoon. So, I spent the morning at the dentist getting some very expensive dental work done. fun!
Oh man, that stinks!

Quote:
I think I saw some speculation pages back about "old ladies of the group" Ummm, I hate to admit this, but I think it might be me (and how did THAT happen? I was always the youngest!! ) I'm 4 (gulp) 7 (no, I really can't be that old, I don't feel that old ). anyway, just wanted to letcha all know that
I;m not that far behind you

Old 10-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #866
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Dawn - I also wanted to say, I feel so bad for all the pain you're going through as a result of the car accident. It really, really stinks. Financially and otherwise. A year or so ago my daughter's car (my Saturn which I had given her when I got a new car) was hit by a drunk driver at 3am and totaled. He took off on foot, but left his drunk and passed out friend in the SUV, and the police were able to get the guy's insurance card. Unfortunately, he also totaled 2 other cars in the accident and only had $5K total worth of insurance, so we only got well under $1K for our totaled car. I don't keep collision on her car because she lives in the city and it would be too expensive, so we lose. I am so grateful she wasn't hurt in that accident, but I was so angry at how this impacted all of us and cost us a lot of money and the stress of fighting with his insurance company (which didn't pay up for about a year) through no fault of our own. It's infuriating i know, and for you to be hurt on top of it makes it so much worse, so to you!

I hope to be able to keep up a little better this week - you miss alot if you don't

Take care everyone!
Thanks. I'm sorry that happened to you all.
It's frustrating. I'm glad that B's better and I'm on the road to it, but when I have to postpone planting flowers with the kids or whatever, I feel crabby. On the other hand, I'm extremely grateful we'e okay and that she does have insurance.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #867
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Howdy ya'll!

JO has pictures of the new addition to the family, post #799. Jess is sick.
Boots is very cute! I hope Jess feels better this evening.

JANET is cooking and cleaning. Pic of Jimmy in his scout uniform, post #858.
He looks good in uniform!

ROSIE says the girls won 3rd in their competition. She’s hooking up with another grandma for the next WDW trip.
on both.

LORI is back. Her kiddos are doing well in school. DR has a cold. She is taking tests and doing labs at school. She is going to get a ‘me’ weekend this weekend.
Missed you!

CE was driving in snow.
That'll be enough of that! What are you trying to do? Jinx the rest of us!

T says no lettuce in your burritos!

Z is still taking care of kittens.

V has to get an A/C. FL is cold at the moment though.
Sorry!

TE likes lettuce on her burritos.
Me too! Plus sour cream and tomatoes or salsa and guacamole!!!!

DENISE has been busy and her laptop died.
Good to see you!!

************************************************** ********************************
5 words - DAIRY QUEEN PUMPKIN PIE BLIZZARD

Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #868
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I'm guessing they are good

What are you doing awake at this hour? Isn't this when you should be sleeping?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #869
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
So are you getting one? Good luck on keeping it upstairs, Boots discovered the stairs within about an hour And yes the pressies were little

Quote:
So cute!

Quote:
about the pressies. The English are so proper!
I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Jo sorry about the wee-wee on Jess, why don't thet listen
Because they're kids

Quote:
Then, to top it all off, a tooth came out on Sat afternoon. So, I spent the morning at the dentist getting some very expensive dental work done. fun!
Yikes and yikes about your DD's crash too. Thanks about Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Tennis was fun. I've got nothing else... I haven't heard from D yet about when he might be home.

Quote:
Boots is very cute! I hope Jess feels better this evening.
Thanks and she's fine now!

Quote:
What's that? Type of icecream? We don't have pumpkin flavoured stuff here!

Big celebration, Boots just did her first pressie in the litter box It's like having a baby all over again and discussing the stuff in it's nappy/diaper
Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #870
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Well, they have to win two more, but WEdnesday works for me
That's right, I forgot it's 7 not 5! Duh!

Quote:
Must have been a scout weekend because Jim had leader training on Saturday Do you have to go to that every year?
No, but my girls want to do an indoor/overnight trip, so I need to have that training. There's a Girl Scout house in our neighborhood that has heat, den w/fireplace, full kitchen and bath facilities that we're looking at. I just found out today that the park it's in used to be a cemetary!
Quote:
So cute!
Quote:

Another slave to the Cafe World game, huh?
Sadly, yes. I suck at it though. I can't figure out how to get more servers.

Quote:
Wow, what a week/weekend. I was so busy at work I did not have time to DIS last week! Horrors! I was cathcing up on Saturday, then my laptop died Not sure what the problem might be - could be just the power cord, but the only replacements they can sell you in the stores around here cost over $100 (and I can get them on-line for less then $20!). I'm not even sure that's the problem, so I have a call in to someone to see if they'll look at it. I really was lost without my laptop for most of the weekend Then, to top it all off, a tooth came out on Sat afternoon. So, I spent the morning at the dentist getting some very expensive dental work done. fun!
Oh no! I hope things get better!

Quote:
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="black"][COLOR="blue"]
TE likes lettuce on her burritos.
Me too! Plus sour cream and tomatoes or salsa and guacamole!!!!
That sounds more like a wrap.

Quote:
Sounds heavenly!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: