Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #811
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Can you tell I don't watch much TV
Okay, well here's some pictures to further your tv education.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #812
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lessa!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #813
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Lessa!

No problem, it was a nice distraction from my biology textbook. I would much rather look at pictures of Tom Welling than pictures of an animal cell.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #814
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurrrvtheDuck View Post
Hi, I'm alive!

Disney was great and the Food was delicious at F&W, but that seems like eons ago. Life has been very busy.
Hi, Z! Missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
We are having a nice mellow weekend. I am still at the tail end of the sick, so I stayed home.
Hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I don't know either Glad your evening was a success!
Thank you - the kitten is adorable!

Quote:
Me please!
OK, posted next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Hi Fockers!
Lori! So glad things are going well. Missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
They told us they renamed it, but we don't remember the name so we call him NotBoots, like Not Bob.

I'm still so freakin embarrassed that I introduced him to D as Bob. I blame Mel. LY, Mel.

Quote:
My back is feeling better. After the Tower of Terror pelvic treatment, I have barely had any pain in my lower back. It's just the top of my back now. Maybe there is an end of this back pain in sight.
Hooray!

So we've had a total blow-off day. Woody had a playdate this afternoon - which I drove him to IN THE SNOW.

However, we were nowhere near as bad as MA, as far as what I could see during the football game. It's not stuck to the ground yet here - in fact, been switching between sleet, rain, and snow (lovely ) but they say it could be 1-3 inches overnight.

It's not even LATE OCTOBER yet. It's MUCH too soon...

Sorry.

Apparently, it's time already to prep for CE's Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Recipes from last night to follow! Hope you all have a good night.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #815
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Recipes

Two came from our "Chile Pepper Cookbook" attained in El Paso, so I'm hopeful that they're at least somewhat T-worthy. The other is pure Betty Crocker Slo-Cooker, but it was yummo!

Sea Bass with Vegetables en Escabeche:
2-2 1/2 pounds of sea bass fillets (or cod, Pacific or red snapper, grouper - white fish, basically)
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
salt
4 T. olive oil
About 1 cup flour
Vegetables en Escabeches (see later)

Cut the fish into scallops about 1/2 inch thick and remove large bones.
Mix the cumin with the cayenne, using rubber gloves (we didn't), rub the fish with the seasonings. Salt the fish lightly.

Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan large enough to hold the fish without crowding - use two pans if necessary. Dredge the fish in the flour and place them immediately in the pan, saute about 3 minutes on each side , or until opaque throughout.

Transfer the fish to a serving platter and cover with about half the vegetables , spooning on some of the liquid. Serve remaining vegetables on the side.

Vegetables en Escabeche:
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
2 cloves
1 3-inch cinnamon stick
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium green beel pepper
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
3 cloves garlic
2 or 3 fresh jalapenos or other hot green peppers
2 or 3 red serranos other red hot chile peppers

Bring the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, oregano, cloves and cinnamon to a boil in a non-corrodable pan. Simmer while you prepare the vegetables.

Stem and seed the bell peppers and chiles, julienne the carrots and onions, and sliver the garlic. Place the vegetables in a glass or stainless bowl and strain the liquid mixture over the veggies. (I wound up making a double of the liquid to cover the veggies entirely.) Refridgerate. Should be made at least 3 hours ahead - I did more than 24 and they turned out great. Can be kept up to a week.

Pork Burritos in slow cooker:
2 1/2 lb. pork shoulder, boneless (I coudn't find boneless, no problem, can be cooked with bone.)
1 14. oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 T. honey
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
12 tortillas

Spray cooker with cooking spray and put the pork in.
Mix the tomatoes, tomato past, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt and pour over the pork.
Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
Remove from cooker, remove fat and shred pork with a fork. Return to cooker and mix well. Can be left on low for another 2 hours. Serve with any toppings that sound good - onion, cheese, lettuce, etc.

Chile Relleno Enchiladas:
8 large medium heat peppers such as Anaheim or New Mexico peppers, roasted and seeded (head under broiler until blistering skin, remove seeds and stems)
8 tortillas
About 2 1/2 cups cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa (homemade or canned, red or tomatillo)
4 green onions, chopped

Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish. Warm the tortillas on an ungreased pan or griddle, to make pliable.

Place a flattened chile in each tortilla, surround with cheese. Fold tortilla, seam side down, and place in baking dish.
Warm sour cream and salsa until just warm, pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot, garnished with green onions.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #816
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

No problem, it was a nice distraction from my biology textbook. I would much rather look at pictures of Tom Welling than pictures of an animal cell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
[/COLOR]

I'm still so freakin embarrassed that I introduced him to D as Bob. I blame Mel. LY, Mel.
I did too

Quote:
Apparently, it's time already to prep for CE's Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Quote:
Two came from our "Chile Pepper Cookbook" attained in El Paso, so I'm hopeful that they're at least somewhat T-worthy. The other is pure Betty Crocker Slo-Cooker, but it was yummo!

Sea Bass with Vegetables en Escabeche:
2-2 1/2 pounds of sea bass fillets (or cod, Pacific or red snapper, grouper - white fish, basically)
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
salt
4 T. olive oil
About 1 cup flour
Vegetables en Escabeches (see later)

Cut the fish into scallops about 1/2 inch thick and remove large bones.
Mix the cumin with the cayenne, using rubber gloves (we didn't), rub the fish with the seasonings. Salt the fish lightly.

Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan large enough to hold the fish without crowding - use two pans if necessary. Dredge the fish in the flour and place them immediately in the pan, saute about 3 minutes on each side , or until opaque throughout.

Transfer the fish to a serving platter and cover with about half the vegetables , spooning on some of the liquid. Serve remaining vegetables on the side.

Vegetables en Escabeche:
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
2 cloves
1 3-inch cinnamon stick
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium green beel pepper
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
3 cloves garlic
2 or 3 fresh jalapenos or other hot green peppers
2 or 3 red serranos other red hot chile peppers

Bring the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, oregano, cloves and cinnamon to a boil in a non-corrodable pan. Simmer while you prepare the vegetables.

Stem and seed the bell peppers and chiles, julienne the carrots and onions, and sliver the garlic. Place the vegetables in a glass or stainless bowl and strain the liquid mixture over the veggies. (I wound up making a double of the liquid to cover the veggies entirely.) Refridgerate. Should be made at least 3 hours ahead - I did more than 24 and they turned out great. Can be kept up to a week.

Pork Burritos in slow cooker:
2 1/2 lb. pork shoulder, boneless (I coudn't find boneless, no problem, can be cooked with bone.)
1 14. oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 T. honey
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
12 tortillas

Spray cooker with cooking spray and put the pork in.
Mix the tomatoes, tomato past, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt and pour over the pork.
Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
Remove from cooker, remove fat and shred pork with a fork. Return to cooker and mix well. Can be left on low for another 2 hours. Serve with any toppings that sound good - onion, cheese, lettuce, etc.

Chile Relleno Enchiladas:
8 large medium heat peppers such as Anaheim or New Mexico peppers, roasted and seeded (head under broiler until blistering skin, remove seeds and stems)
8 tortillas
About 2 1/2 cups cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa (homemade or canned, red or tomatillo)
4 green onions, chopped

Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish. Warm the tortillas on an ungreased pan or griddle, to make pliable.

Place a flattened chile in each tortilla, surround with cheese. Fold tortilla, seam side down, and place in baking dish.
Warm sour cream and salsa until just warm, pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot, garnished with green onions.
Thanks!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #817
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Wow, lookie what I found! Those recipes look great CE. Please, please my non-brown friends... promise you'll never put lettuce in a burrito! Ay dios mio!

I'm so going to make the chili relleno enchildas! Those sound amazing. Another good chili for rellenos is Chile Pasilla.

I know I've got tons to read so I will go try to catch up. I'm not enjoying watching the Dodgers get SPANKED by the Phillies.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #818
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I know I've got tons to read so I will go try to catch up. I'm not enjoying watching the Dodgers get SPANKED by the Phillies.
But I am LY T

Old 10-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #819
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
But I am LY T

Evan's the only non-Dodger fan in this house and he's jumping around saying "DODGER'S SUCK!". You'd be proud Janet. He's a die-hard Angel fan, thanks to my brother.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #820
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Evan's the only non-Dodger fan in this house and he's jumping around saying "DODGER'S SUCK!". You'd be proud Janet. He's a die-hard Angel fan, thanks to my brother.
Good boy Evan!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #821
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
No problem! They all tasted muy delicioso.

Quote:
Wow, lookie what I found! Those recipes look great CE. Please, please my non-brown friends... promise you'll never put lettuce in a burrito! Ay dios mio!
Yo se. No one did, if it makes you feel better. It's sadly in Betty's recipe. Betty, she isn't brown.

Quote:
I'm so going to make the chili relleno enchildas! Those sound amazing. Another good chili for rellenos is Chile Pasilla.
I have to tell you, they were super, super good. And hot. The green salsa was the key. I made half green and half red, but the green kicked butt.

I have to say, I'm pretty proud. We served three dishes we'd never tried before to 7 other people , and everyone was raving. It's not that we did anything but follow recipes, but I guess since we're willing to try something unusual (at least in the Northeast... )...

It's yearly, and we've done the last two years as Asian - which we also rock at (yeah, I'm cocky... ) but this was SO freaking good... And truly, not that complicated.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #822
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No problem! They all tasted muy delicioso.

Quote:
Yo se. No one did, if it makes you feel better. It's sadly in Betty's recipe. Betty, she isn't brown.

Phillies win

Old 10-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #823
LurrrvtheDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

It is on its ninth season, it is about Superman before he was Superman. Hottest Clark Kent ever!
Yes, yes he is!!! I Tom Welling. BTW I'm a big Smallville fan too, although they changed the day they show it so now I'm behind.

Jo: Boots is adorable!!! Tell the girls that they sleep a lot, but to enjoy their kitten years when they're Super curious and love to play with everything. Don't bother buying toys. Just get boxes, paper bags and string and she'll entertain herself.

Janet/ CE: missed you guys too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well had a lazy weekend.

I still have the stray kittens. 1 died after I got back from Disney and then the next week another one died. Now another one is sick and I'm worried, tomorrow I'm gonna go see if the vet will let me do a payment plan to give him at least medications. He has an upper respiratory infection a.k.a A cold, but their not good for cats. Here's hoping.

Otherwise I've just been busy working and I'm just too tired to do anything but veg out and watch the Golden Girls.

Anyway, TTFN!

Self Proclaimed Team Focker Movie Watcher
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #824
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Otherwise I've just been busy working and I'm just too tired to do anything but veg out and watch the Golden Girls.

Anyway, TTFN!
OMG, I watch them every day...it's the only thing on during the day

Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM   #825
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, yes he is!!! I Tom Welling. BTW I'm a big Smallville fan too, although they changed the day they show it so now I'm behind.
This season has been amazing! They are finally delivering all the awesome Clois moments that the fans have been aching for for years. Totally "squee" worthy. I found a great Smallville forum that I am starting to haunt on a regular basis. The show I am sadly behind on is Supernatural, Jensen and Jared, double yum! Say what you will about The CW/WB but they sure know how to put together a pretty cast.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: