Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #781
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hey why are you laughing, it will take me that long
Old 10-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #782
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Hey why are you laughing, it will take me that long
I'm sure you will do great and you know we will help you!

Are the girls home yet?

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #783
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I'm sure you will do great and you know we will help you!

Are the girls home yet?
Awww so will you write my speech for me and then fly over to hold my hand? Jess just phoned, they'll be home a bit earluer. It's 11.45 here and David is on his way to meet the bus, she said the concert was fantastic
Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #784
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh Jo, what a nutter! Glad he took it down.

Well today is Mom's birthday we are not celebrating until tomorrow though as Alek had to work today. Her friends have taken her out to dinner though so that was nice.

We got the new car yesterday and I love it! It is so shiny and pretty! I love the smell of new car, let's hope the stinky boys don't ruin it too quickly.

Erich was all enamored with the new car so we took him out for his first driving lesson. He did really well but he needs to learn to push gently down on the pedals as he had a habit of pushing on the brake too quickly. I had chosen an empty parking lot at an office building for him to practice in and when we were about to leave a cop car pulled up and I can't help but wonder if somebody called in and reported an erratic driver. He didn't come over to speak to us or anything so maybe he was just stopping there for a break. Really though how else are people supposed to learn when they are first starting out? I certainly wasn't going to have him on the road his first time behind the wheel.

I have been playing around on the Disney cruise site and I am so tempted to just book now and take advantage of the high dollar. If I book and inside room I can get a 7-night cruise for the two of us for $2000! So tempting!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #785
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

V, so glad you have AC!!

Dawn, is that game on Facebook? I haven't really gotten into the games there, but that one would make me mad if I bought something more expensive and they turned it into else.

Jo, congrats on winning the golf match, I glad you had a good time at the cinema!

TE, we have a dog named Ace. He is a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier. He is the star of my PTR, I try to end my installments with a pic of him. Here is our favorite picture of him, we just picked him up after getting back from Disney. He was meeting Pal Mickey :

Rosie, it's great that you had a good day. Your posts always make me smile, you just seem like such a sweet person.

Janet, I wouldn't worry about the packing IF they had the suitcases, but they are borrowing them from her Mom and they are up in the attic in the garage. Abbey was supposed to borrow a suitcase from her Mom in June when we took them to Nashville and I got a call 1 day before the trip asking if we had an extra suitcase because her Mom forgot. We don't have an extra one for this trip, that is why I am worried. We loved the Toy Story double feature, Bill had never seen the movies before.

Jen, the party sounds like it is going to be so much fun!! I hope you have fun with your Dinner Club.

Jo, I hope Ellie gets chosen. I hope we get to see pictures of the kitten.

Dawn, Bill's chiropracter is wonderful. He has had electrial stimulation on his muscles too. He said it really helped him. He has Cerebral Palsy and his muscles are contracted very tightly. The hospital should have given you x-rays for your back and neck that is crazy that they didn't do that. Take care and I pray you feel better very soon.

CE, I hope you remembered to plug the slow cooker in.

Sam, can't wait to see the halloween costume.

Jo, I would have been livid about that guy on facebook. He must have been on drugs, that is awful. That is funny how your PM's were in extreme opposites.

Lessa, Happy Birthday to your Mom!! Wow that is a good price for the cruise, I wish I hadn't read that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are goofing off at home tonight. It is cold and rainy here too, yuck! I will be writing up a letter for the management in our building. We are asking for a part of our "house rules" to be changed. They have added a "Scooter Policy" which includes motorized wheelchairs and it is ridiculous.

According to it, "if requested, they must provide a physician's verification of their need for the "scooter". The only time a business or landlord can ask for proof is if the disabled person is asking for a reasonable accomodation, such as adding a ramp, etc. Otherwise they have no right to ask for proof of anything.

The new "policy" also states that pedestrians have the right of way at all times and Bill would have to give "ample notice" to pass someone in the hallways. I thought Bill was supposed to have equal rights?

They also want him to back into all elevators, he wouldn't be able to push the buttons on the elevator because he can only use his left hand.

The last "rule" that bothers us says "Use of "scooter" in certain areas of the building and at certain times of the day may be restricted because of congestion in the hallways and common areas. Such restrictions will be posted on the bulletin board at least 24 hours before hand". This is discrimination and we are going to ask that these policies be changed. Many disabled people in the building are afraid to say a word they don't want to upset the management.

Bill and I want to educate who ever wrote that because it is against civil rights and ADA regulations. We are willing to fight if we have to so things will change.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #786
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Well today is Mom's birthday we are not celebrating until tomorrow though as Alek had to work today. Her friends have taken her out to dinner though so that was nice.

Happy Birthday mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I have been playing around on the Disney cruise site and I am so tempted to just book now and take advantage of the high dollar. If I book and inside room I can get a 7-night cruise for the two of us for $2000! So tempting!

And you think we aren't going to encourage you

[QUOTE=mrsksomeday;33987266] Janet, I wouldn't worry about the packing IF they had the suitcases, but they are borrowing them from her Mom and they are up in the attic in the garage. Abbey was supposed to borrow a suitcase from her Mom in June when we took them to Nashville and I got a call 1 day before the trip asking if we had an extra suitcase because her Mom forgot. We don't have an extra one for this trip, that is why I am worried. We loved the Toy Story double feature, Bill had never seen the movies before.-/QUOTE]

Oh, that's a horse of a different color

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are goofing off at home tonight. It is cold and rainy here too, yuck! I will be writing up a letter for the management in our building. We are asking for a part of our "house rules" to be changed. They have added a "Scooter Policy" which includes motorized wheelchairs and it is ridiculous.

According to it, "if requested, they must provide a physician's verification of their need for the "scooter". The only time a business or landlord can ask for proof is if the disabled person is asking for a reasonable accomodation, such as adding a ramp, etc. Otherwise they have no right to ask for proof of anything.

The new "policy" also states that pedestrians have the right of way at all times and Bill would have to give "ample notice" to pass someone in the hallways. I thought Bill was supposed to have equal rights?

They also want him to back into all elevators, he wouldn't be able to push the buttons on the elevator because he can only use his left hand.

The last "rule" that bothers us says "Use of "scooter" in certain areas of the building and at certain times of the day may be restricted because of congestion in the hallways and common areas. Such restrictions will be posted on the bulletin board at least 24 hours before hand". This is discrimination and we are going to ask that these policies be changed. Many disabled people in the building are afraid to say a word they don't want to upset the management.

Bill and I want to educate who ever wrote that because it is against civil rights and ADA regulations. We are willing to fight if we have to so things will change.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Um, that's illegal. IF they continue to give you a problem it sounds like you made to get an attorney

Old 10-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #787
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Um, that's illegal. IF they continue to give you a problem it sounds like you made to get an attorney
One of the other tenants has retained an attorney. She said the lawyer told her if they weren't willing to work with them to correct things they would sue and could turn it into a class action lawsuit.

We are working with an agency that deals with disability rights. They said that at least one or two of them will come to the meeting with us. They are known for getting housing issues corrected in Illinois.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #788
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of the other tenants has retained an attorney. She said the lawyer told her if they weren't willing to work with them to correct things they would sue and could turn it into a class action lawsuit.

We are working with an agency that deals with disability rights. They said that at least one or two of them will come to the meeting with us. They are known for getting housing issues corrected in Illinois.
Good!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #789
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:

Holy cow, Mrs. K, I'm gobsmacked over the regulations. Best wishes in whipping them into shape.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 10-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #790
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone??? I am bored out of my mind. My SIL is still here and she and Jim are watching some bad British show.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #791
mrsksomeday

I am here, Bill is playing the PS3 and I am bored out of my mind too. I have everything packed for our trip but the clothes. I cleaned and did laundry yesterday so I am sitting here just reading online. I might post another PTR installment, other than that completely bored .
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #792
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am here, Bill is playing the PS3 and I am bored out of my mind too. I have everything packed for our trip but the clothes. I cleaned and did laundry yesterday so I am sitting here just reading online. I might post another PTR installment, other than that completely bored .
LOL! It's can't be worse than this show they are watching My FIL just picked up SIL, so I will be going to be d soon!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #793
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I've been listening to a hilarious Smallville podcast. That's right, I watch Smallville and I am proud of it!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #794
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Why am I awake at 1:30? We don't know!

The food turned out to be fantastic. T would be so proud of me! The fish in particular was really, really good - and easy. If anyone wants a recipe, let me know.

My friend who had to bring her kids had fun, but her DD wouldn't go to sleep, and so they left early and everyone kind of followed suit. Therefore, a night that often goes to 1:00 ended at 11:30. The dishes are all done, and D is fast asleep on the couch - and I'm heading up soon.

Janet, I'm sorry you were bored.

Jo, that's so nuts!

Tracy, that's just wrong. I'm so sorry.

So... Don't know much else. Woody has a playdate with the kid of my book fair co-chair tomorrow, but not until 2:00. I hope to sleep late.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #795
LurrrvtheDuck
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm alive!

Disney was great and the Food was delicious at F&W, but that seems like eons ago. Life has been very busy.

Have a good Sunday all!

Self Proclaimed Team Focker Movie Watcher
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: