Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #676
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
My teeth are KILLING me! OMG, I haven't had this much pain in a VERY long time.
At least you're nearly done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
The thing is Emma could be home summer of 2010, but there again could be summer 2011. I don't know I suppose I'm just upset that she doesn't want to see me, she's here for 3 weeks for goodness sake and the girls love playing with their cousins!!!
Maybe she thinks she HAS to see others whilst she's home, and you'll understand? Not that I agree with that, but maybe that's what she's thinking?

So... CURSE WORDS, CURSE WORDS, CURSE WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to grab my iPhone to use the timer for the kids' math - they love it - and it slipped and fell onto the kitchen floor, face-down. It's got the protective cover, but with the touch screen, it's not like you can really cover the screen, and it's just shattered. It still functions, but there are poky bits of glass and so I'm not going to be using it for long.

The warranty covers failure and defects, but not stupidity, and I just called Apple to see if they could replace just the screen. No, and they will replace it - for $50 more than I paid for the dang thing in the first place. But, since I just upgraded in July, I can't get a new one for less than $300.

I still have my old Razr, so I don't know if I should suck it up and pop the SIM card back in there, or take the Kool-Aid and get my iPhone replaced. I'm pretty addicted - hate to be without one until my upgrade in December next year. It's just SO handy on the lake (which yes, I know is done for this year ) and so on.

I didn't ask if I could still get it replaced later on - like if I waited and called it my birthday present in Feb. I'd hate to wait, though, and then not be able to get it for the replacement price.

CURSE WORDS!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #677
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I've been thinking about my trip to NYC to see my sister and just wondered what you thought.

For a start it will probably cost us about $3,500 for flights, taxis, trips, food etc which is quite a lot. Then I wonder why I'm bothering. Em was in the UK in June for 3 weeks and I saw her for about 2 hours on 2 days. This time she'd here for 3 weeks again and I have seen her but only because I asked her to babysit the girls. She hasn't contacted me at all since last Tuesday even though Dad told her I'd been trying to contact her about meeting last weekend, which BTW we didn't. Anyway it looks as though I won't see her again so I'm thinking why should I spend all that money to go to NYC, yes we'd go and see NY but the girls really are still too young to appreciate it and not moan too much, if she doesn't even see us when she's here. Plus she'll be at work and the boys at nursery for 4 days a week even when we're there!

Give me your honest opinions please, whatever they are!
Well there is the added bonus of ME! LOL. It does seem like a lot of $$ tho!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

still home sick, no idea how bad the backlash will be once I go back to work but I needed a few days to try and beat the sick. It's slow going tho. I'm still congested. Still coughing. it's less but still there.

Tomorrow Pants is coming and taking us out to dinner, so hopefully I feel well enough for that. And Friday there is a show we are planning to go to, if I'm up to it as well. It's the first "date night" KC is planning without my help. I am excited.

Anyways I need soup. Later ladies!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #678
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
So... CURSE WORDS, CURSE WORDS, CURSE WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to grab my iPhone to use the timer for the kids' math - they love it - and it slipped and fell onto the kitchen floor, face-down. It's got the protective cover, but with the touch screen, it's not like you can really cover the screen, and it's just shattered. It still functions, but there are poky bits of glass and so I'm not going to be using it for long.

The warranty covers failure and defects, but not stupidity, and I just called Apple to see if they could replace just the screen. No, and they will replace it - for $50 more than I paid for the dang thing in the first place. But, since I just upgraded in July, I can't get a new one for less than $300.

I still have my old Razr, so I don't know if I should suck it up and pop the SIM card back in there, or take the Kool-Aid and get my iPhone replaced. I'm pretty addicted - hate to be without one until my upgrade in December next year. It's just SO handy on the lake (which yes, I know is done for this year ) and so on.

I didn't ask if I could still get it replaced later on - like if I waited and called it my birthday present in Feb. I'd hate to wait, though, and then not be able to get it for the replacement price.

CURSE WORDS!
I saw that on facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well there is the added bonus of ME! LOL. It does seem like a lot of $$ tho!
]

Mini meet in NYC

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #679
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Long work day for me. THe state inspectors showed up for the annual "visit" and will probably be there for 3 days at least. Luckily we have a really good nursing home and I stay caught up with my work so should be ok---still stressful for all tho.

Jo--I would vote No on the trip....unless I really wanted to go. We were gonna go over Christmas but they voted to go to Paris so I didn't argue! I used to live in CT so went there a lot.

CE---dang, that's bad. So what are you gonna do?

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #680
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Long work day for me. THe state inspectors showed up for the annual "visit" and will probably be there for 3 days at least. Luckily we have a really good nursing home and I stay caught up with my work so should be ok---still stressful for all tho.
We get audited every year. I feel your pain

Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #681
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Thanks for the driving kind words too! It is stressful! BA said she was nervous riding to school alone with Ab this morning but that she drove very well.

Dawn--nothing good about car wrecks. Do you have a rental car? Was her insurance actually expired or just the card?

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #682
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the driving kind words too! It is stressful! BA said she was nervous riding to school alone with Ab this morning but that she drove very well.
Nerves are good, will keep her paying more attention!

Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #683
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:

Dawn--nothing good about car wrecks. Do you have a rental car? Was her insurance actually expired or just the card?
I can't imagine the stress of her driving on you, momma. I'm scared for B to walk home!

She has insurance. They are just getting back to me, though.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #684
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Nerves are good, will keep her paying more attention!
well, it was BA that was nervous cause she was RIDING with Ab!

Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #685
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
I can't imagine the stress of her driving on you, momma. I'm scared for B to walk home!

She has insurance. They are just getting back to me, though.
speaking of insurance---just by adding abby, the bill went from $414 to $840 every 6 months. (and that's with good grade and drivers ed discount)

Old 10-14-2009, 06:10 PM   #686
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
speaking of insurance---just by adding abby, the bill went from $414 to $840 every 6 months. (and that's with good grade and drivers ed discount)

Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #687
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Evening all !! Interviews went well , no weirdos this time!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #688
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CE---dang, that's bad. So what are you gonna do?
Well, I called AT&T and they've switched me back to the old phone for now (prorating my iPhone data plan, etc.) until I figure it out.

D just laughed at me and said, "Get another one," which was nice - it's just that I have that mom-guilt about spending more money on a toy for me.

Quote:
Oh, dear lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Evening all !! Interviews went well , no weirdos this time!!!
Oh, good!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #689
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
It's a crow
If thats a crow, then im not coming to visit you. How big are your ravens then!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I know someone that dropped their iphone and it shattered, like that. They put the platic screen protector over it to hold the glass in place and not be pokey. It still works, but with cracks all over. Do they still offer the old 3g for $99?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #690
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I know someone that dropped their iphone and it shattered, like that. They put the platic screen protector over it to hold the glass in place and not be pokey. It still works, but with cracks all over. Do they still offer the old 3g for $99?
Yeah, D suggested that - I have the film stuff - but it's so poky as to be dangerous, I think. He tried to "flick" the screen and got a splinter. I think even the film would either render it totally "unseeable" or the pokes would poke through.

It works fine, otherwise - but when you can't touch a touch screen, well...

I have to pin them down on the replacement. I bought this in July after the 3GS came out, but I bought a new (not refurb'ed) 16gig 3G for $149. Since they're telling me they'll replace it for $199, I'm not sure which model they're offering me at that price. I hesitate to pay more for the same phone than I did then, you know? Though I do understand that in July it was the "upgrade" price rather than "full" price. Who knows? I need to call them back, but D is just putting the kids in bed.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: