Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #661
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
That's good about your eyes! What about the ears??
I have a call in to the ear doctor. Waiting for him to call back!

Quote:
well, I'm getting ready for work........and I feel so blue.
Ab took BA to school.........just now.....and it;s raining....and I don't want to call and see if they are ok cause I made her promise not to use the cell.......I should have driven them like I have for 16 years.......

I don't like this. Advice appreciated.
No advice, but lots of

Quote:
They got there ok---I went ahead and texted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
D finally left, so I need to shower and head to school for a while. I am knee-deep in printing crap for the Book Fair, but I need to copy it, sort by # in each room, etc.
I just got back from school! It's nice being home and being able to help out at school, but I am also ready to go back to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]
They finally told him last night and now he's concerned he can't love another baby as much as Reid.
THank goodness, I would have been niting my tounge the whole time. He will have lots of love for the new baby too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Last night F&W was stll crowded but not nearly as bad as Saturday. Kool and the Gang was a fun show although my friend was a stick in the mud and wouldn't go down to dance with all the ladies. She claimed she can't dance. I can't either but that's not the point! I did see Jordan for just a minute. We were on her was out and she was trying to close her pin station. She's thinking about extending her time here, and I hope she does. She is definitely as asset to Disney and the type of CM they want/need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Good morning!

Well I finally finished my paper with 5 hours to go until it is due, lots of time to spare! It was really hard cutting it down. We get docked for every word that is above the 250 mark and my original essay was around 330 words. Well I did it, barely, it is now 249 words.

Uh oh, you better go back and add a word

Quote:
Mom was talking last night about how much she wants to go on another cruise and how we probably won't get to go on one for at least 10 years due to school schedules and all the other trips we have planned. I thought 10 years was a bit extreme. So I was thinking about booking a cruise for May 2011 and surprising her with it for her birthday next year. That would allow me lots of time to save up the money. Don't know if I would be able to keep the secret for a whole year though!
THat's awesome Lessa! You are such a good daughter!

====================

Back from school and we finished counting the candy sale money. When all is said and done we raised almost $10,000

Now I just have to finish up the popcorn sales for Cub Scouts.

Next week is school pictures, so I am volunteering for that. I should be able to get some laundry done today and tomorrow, so that's good!

What is everyone else up too?

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #662
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hey all. Back from the eye doctor. ALl is well. He doesn't want to see me for a month and has started backing down on the meds. Still out of work until the 2nd, but all is good
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I am not just saying this - You look terrific in the pics from WDW. I think most of us get told about the weight thing at the doctors office. You are way more fit than I am. Please keep up your work-outs.
You can't change your genetics - yet. I have high cholesterol. I've been taking meds for it for 4 years now. I don't like it either. At least my good cholesterol is very good. They say excersice helps that.
I hated turning 40. I think that is a huge wake-up call for a lot of women. Just remember you are not alone.
THANK you. I'm in the cholesterol thing, too - high "good", low "bad." I really looked forward to both 30 and 35, but 40 isn't seeming so fun.
Quote:
In case you didn't know, I NEED A VACATION!
Yes, yes, you do!

Quote:
well, I'm getting ready for work........and I feel so blue.
Ab took BA to school.........just now.....and it;s raining....and I don't want to call and see if they are ok cause I made her promise not to use the cell.......I should have driven them like I have for 16 years.......

I don't like this. Advice appreciated.
Quote:
They got there ok---I went ahead and texted!
TE? I'd have done the same. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
The pants I am more ticked about - I bought shorts this summer from Land's End in the bigger size that I sadly seem to need, but they were way TOO big, so I bought my "normal" size of the cords, figuring that would be perfect, but they are too small. Sigh. Consistency, people!
LOL, I have the same problem! LE Shorts fit in one size and pants another.

Quote:
Well I finally finished my paper with 5 hours to go until it is due, lots of time to spare!
WTG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I seem to have lost a few replies. Hi all, and Dawn I'm so glad you're all okay!

What a 24 hours. I got home last night to find... no AC. None. My house was 92 degrees inside. JUST what my insane sinus headache needed, right? I took no meds and went to check on the hermit crabs... one was dead. I cleaned out the cage and reestablished the other crab. My head felt like it had a machete in its side.

I laid on the couch with the ceiling fan at full-throttle and a wet cloth over my eyes as I sobbed uncontrollably. I began feeling nauseous and like the room was spinning. All light was bad. I finally took 2 aspirin and it dissipated. Sorry doc - no way am I going to endure that kind of pain.

Things might be improving, though. (FINALLY! ) I got up the courage to call Bank of America (BoA) about refinancing under the Making Home Affordable program. See, I have a balloon loan and it ends Dec. 2010, at which time I'd have to cough up $100K. Since THAT isn't going to happen, and my home is now worth less than I owe when the HELOC is added in, I was hoping to refi under the gov't. program.

BoA was great! Really, really helpful and super nice. They offered me a few very attractive refi options and I picked on that I think will help a lot. A collective crossing of fingers that it actually goes through without any hitches would be much appreciated!

My head is much better today, so here's hoping for a better Wed.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #663
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Yay!
Thanks V

Quote:
THANK you. I'm in the cholesterol thing, too - high "good", low "bad." I really looked forward to both 30 and 35, but 40 isn't seeming so fun.
As the old woman of the group, I completely understand

Quote:
What a 24 hours. I got home last night to find... no AC. None. My house was 92 degrees inside. JUST what my insane sinus headache needed, right? I took no meds and went to check on the hermit crabs... one was dead. I cleaned out the cage and reestablished the other crab. My head felt like it had a machete in its side.

I laid on the couch with the ceiling fan at full-throttle and a wet cloth over my eyes as I sobbed uncontrollably. I began feeling nauseous and like the room was spinning. All light was bad. I finally took 2 aspirin and it dissipated. Sorry doc - no way am I going to endure that kind of pain.

Quote:
Things might be improving, though. (FINALLY! ) I got up the courage to call Bank of America (BoA) about refinancing under the Making Home Affordable program. See, I have a balloon loan and it ends Dec. 2010, at which time I'd have to cough up $100K. Since THAT isn't going to happen, and my home is now worth less than I owe when the HELOC is added in, I was hoping to refi under the gov't. program.

BoA was great! Really, really helpful and super nice. They offered me a few very attractive refi options and I picked on that I think will help a lot. A collective crossing of fingers that it actually goes through without any hitches would be much appreciated!
Good luck! We are looking at doing the same thing!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #664
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

I'm in such a bad mood today. So, skip my post if you're not in the mood...

I'm just so crabby about this wreck. I pi$$ed that her reckless driving has caused so much pain and stress in my family.

Poor Baylie called me yesterday and asked me to come pick her up from school because her ankle and back were hurting too much to walk home. She can't dance for at least a week, and I'm paying for those classes that she's not able to dance in. Last time she hurt her ankle, she was marked down for participation in dance at school. I'm hoping she won't this time since we had a note from the ER doctor. If they do try to pull that, I'll have to go up and tell them that's not going to happen.

Then my back is just killing me. I swear the pain meds and muscle relaxers they gave me aren't helping at all. Not only that, but I'm not supposed to drive on those meds. I bought Excedrin Back Pain this morning and I'm thinking that might help. Mel suggested I take an anti-inflamatory medicine. She's my new doctor.

I don't know. I'm just ticked about how our lives are affected by everything. I can't do the things I need to do like cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping. Baylie can't do the things she wants to do either. No one's called me, so I finally called the insurance company and had to leave a message. When I called the agent, she called the calims dept and told me she spoke with someone who should be calling me back. I told her the fact that I had to call them and I still haven't gotten any info on getting my car fixed is really ridiculous. Now, I'm waiting for someone to call even though I could really use a nap.

Blech. I hate being crabby.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #665
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Lessa can I adopt you?

TE I thought Ab was still learning not that she'd passed

OMG Janet, $10,000 that's amazing

CE sorry about the sizing, shops are like that here, so annoying

V -

Just had the chimney swept so we're ready for fires again, good job as it's cold I won the golf competition yesterday and cut my handicap too
Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #666
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]I'm in such a bad mood today. So, skip my post if you're not in the mood...
That's what we are here for my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

OMG Janet, $10,000 that's amazing

Quote:
Just had the chimney swept so we're ready for fires again, good job as it's cold I won the golf competition yesterday and cut my handicap too
Did he sing Step in Time while he did it

Congrats on the golf!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #667
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Dawn don't be silly, you have every right to be upset, this person hurt your family both physically, emotionally and now financially. You know we're here for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Did he sing Step in Time while he did it
Nope some chimney sweep huh
Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #668
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #669
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I've been thinking about my trip to NYC to see my sister and just wondered what you thought.

For a start it will probably cost us about $3,500 for flights, taxis, trips, food etc which is quite a lot. Then I wonder why I'm bothering. Em was in the UK in June for 3 weeks and I saw her for about 2 hours on 2 days. This time she'd here for 3 weeks again and I have seen her but only because I asked her to babysit the girls. She hasn't contacted me at all since last Tuesday even though Dad told her I'd been trying to contact her about meeting last weekend, which BTW we didn't. Anyway it looks as though I won't see her again so I'm thinking why should I spend all that money to go to NYC, yes we'd go and see NY but the girls really are still too young to appreciate it and not moan too much, if she doesn't even see us when she's here. Plus she'll be at work and the boys at nursery for 4 days a week even when we're there!

Give me your honest opinions please, whatever they are!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #670
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been thinking about my trip to NYC to see my sister and just wondered what you thought.

For a start it will probably cost us about $3,500 for flights, taxis, trips, food etc which is quite a lot. Then I wonder why I'm bothering. Em was in the UK in June for 3 weeks and I saw her for about 2 hours on 2 days. This time she'd here for 3 weeks again and I have seen her but only because I asked her to babysit the girls. She hasn't contacted me at all since last Tuesday even though Dad told her I'd been trying to contact her about meeting last weekend, which BTW we didn't. Anyway it looks as though I won't see her again so I'm thinking why should I spend all that money to go to NYC, yes we'd go and see NY but the girls really are still too young to appreciate it and not moan too much, if she doesn't even see us when she's here. Plus she'll be at work and the boys at nursery for 4 days a week even when we're there!

Give me your honest opinions please, whatever they are!
If it was me JO, I wouldn't go, but again just my opinion. IF she is going to be working, etc and you would barely see her I don't think I would like that too much.

Seeing NYC is great, but if you don't think the girls would appreciate it yet, I don't think you should take them.

On the other hand..if you come to NYC I can come up and see you for the day

Old 10-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #671
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL, I have the same problem! LE Shorts fit in one size and pants another.
What's WITH that?

Quote:

Oh, hon. I'm so sorry about your day yesterday. But, I'm really glad for you about the finances! That sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
I'm in such a bad mood today. So, skip my post if you're not in the mood...
I'm so sorry, Dawn. I don't blame you at all for being crabby.

Quote:
CE sorry about the sizing, shops are like that here, so annoying
I know most brands aren't the same, but it kind of ticked me off to be inconsistent within the same brand and style. Sigh.

Quote:

Quote:
I want you to come, so I can come down , but truly it doesn't make a ton of sense, it seems like. If she's working and the boys will be at their nursery... From the other side, it always amazes me that people like MIL or my annoying aunt come to us during the week, then wonder why we can't drop everything and spend time with them. I know you wouldn't blame Em for that happening, but that's a LOT of money to not see them too much. NYC is great, but if you think the girls need another year or so to appreciate it, why go now?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #672
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Hola.

I read, but I didn't quote, sorry. My teeth are KILLING me! OMG, I haven't had this much pain in a VERY long time. I went to the ortho yesterday and he said I'm almost done, just have to do the finishing work, tweeking the wires to get everything perfect. I didn't realize it was going to be this bad, though. I really want to smash my teeth out of my mouth right about now. The silver lining is I can't eat.

Let's see what this old broad remembers....

Jo - If it were me, I'd still go. Only because I'd love to see NY. But if the main reason you're going is to see your sister - I would blow it off for another year or so.

Dawn - I can completely understand how you feel. I'm sorry you and your family are going through this.

Janet - WOW! 10 grand is AWESOME! I wish my school would get their stupid fundraisers right. I'm sick of the catalog of crap!

Lessa - What a wonderful idea! Can you have a little chat with Maddie when she's older?

Oh no! I forgot what else I was going to say!

Craptastic!

Sorry if I missed/skipped anyone! Hi CE, TE, Ang, Kristel, V and Jen!

Where the heck's Mel?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #673
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

The thing is Emma could be home summer of 2010, but there again could be summer 2011. I don't know I suppose I'm just upset that she doesn't want to see me, she's here for 3 weeks for goodness sake and the girls love playing with their cousins!!!

T so sorry about your teeth
Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #674
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Hola.

I read, but I didn't quote, sorry. My teeth are KILLING me! OMG, I haven't had this much pain in a VERY long time. I went to the ortho yesterday and he said I'm almost done, just have to do the finishing work, tweeking the wires to get everything perfect. I didn't realize it was going to be this bad, though. I really want to smash my teeth out of my mouth right about now. The silver lining is I can't eat.
Sorry T...Make some chocolate pudding!

Quote:
Janet - WOW! 10 grand is AWESOME! I wish my school would get their stupid fundraisers right. I'm sick of the catalog of crap!
This is catalog stuff too. I couldn't believe it. One kids that I counted up sold almost $800 worth of stuff ::

Quote:
Where the heck's Mel?
She is still having problems with her eyes!

Quote:
The thing is Emma could be home summer of 2010, but there again could be summer 2011. I don't know I suppose I'm just upset that she doesn't want to see me, she's here for 3 weeks for goodness sake and the girls love playing with their cousins!!!
Maybe talk to her before you make the arrangements to go? WHat her plans/expectations will be? KWIM?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #675
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

I wouldn't spend the money, myself, Jo. I mean, what's the point if you're going to be frustrated with the outcome.

I know what you mean about family, though. For years K's dad hasn't hardly seen us When we lvied in Austin the first time, I thought it was too far for him (1.5 hours ), but when we moved south it was only 30 mins and he still didn't make time for us.

This weekend he said something about C that I felt was rude and judgemental. I wasnted to yell, "How would you know anything at all about my children?! You only spend 2-3 hours a YEAR with them!!!" Family brings out the best in us, don't they?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: