Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #646
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
DId you get it done?
Nope, I typed up the rough draft though. I have to cut it down as it is too long and polish it up a bit. It is due at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon so I still have time.

I did finish up all my other work though.

Quote:
Congrats Lessa. Extra money for Disney
Yep! Well more like more money for tuition.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #647
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Evening all !! Spent the evening wrapping all the stuff I bought last Dec 26th on sale !!The girls just want clothes and some specialIPOD So I am looking for Aero sales at teh store !! I did get TSM Wii for all of them ! Black Friday I pick up stuff too !! I am just giving Judy money to put towards the electric bike Kyle wants as that and the TSM are all he really has asked for !!

Kat stillglad you and KC are doing well !!
To allthe would be Moms Panelist
Vi
And allothers who need them
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #648
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Let's see what everyone is up to!

LESSA had a great Turkey day. They played board games and looked at past Disney trips in photo albums. She had to bust her hump to get caught up on school stuff. She was asked to be a tutor at the school too!
Your holiday sounded like loads of fun. I'm glad to see you got the school work done. Congrats on being asked about tutoring. I bet that made you feel terrific!

JANET - I hope Jimmy is feeling better today. When will your next MRI be?

V has been feeling terrible due to her sinus infection and the meds they had her on. She found out that her BP is running high. She is really feeling down about the whole thing.
I am not just saying this - You look terrific in the pics from WDW. I think most of us get told about the weight thing at the doctors office. You are way more fit than I am. Please keep up your work-outs.
You can't change your genetics - yet. I have high cholesterol. I've been taking meds for it for 4 years now. I don't like it either. At least my good cholesterol is very good. They say excersice helps that.
I hated turning 40. I think that is a huge wake-up call for a lot of women. Just remember you are not alone.

JO had great weather for golf! She has started a new TR.
Dang it on the Dec miss. Let me know if you do end up being there early! I'll try to get to your TR soon. I need more hours in the day and a job that lets me play more.

Angela found out she is a drooler.
Sorry - third time is the charm. You hang in there with the secret!
How's the mouth feeling today?

CE's dad got a good news from the doctor. The cancer seems to be in remission.
That's super!!!! Let's pray it stays away for a while now.

TE's vet loves to see her name on the phone when she calls!
I know what you mean. We get a multi-animal discount if we bring more than 2 animals in on 1 day. The cost still wrecks my checkbook!

JV is still under the weather.
Take care and get plenty of rest.

DAWN and T are till looking for e-mails from the Mom's Panel.
Maybe they don't want to make it look like they favor the Fockers!

Kat also has a cold. KC and she are getting a plan of action made up for paying down some debt. They would like to take a trip to Greece and/or London next summer.
Good for you 2. Make some goals and stick to them. It won't be easy. I know you can do it.

************************************************** ******************************
Nothing new at the moment in this neck of the woods.

I've not been feeling badly but I just don't want to get out of bed these days. Mind you, since I work until 6AM, I'm usually not out of bed until 2PM anyway. I think it's the weather and all the carp kinda letting go. I feel somewhat drained. In case you didn't know, I NEED A VACATION!

I'll try to stop in tomorrow. I hope some of you get feeling better and the rest have a good day!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #649
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"
So, did anyone get an e-mail about the Moms Panel? I didn't. It's probably a good thing. This year has been so very stressful, I need to focus on my family, YKWIM?

[/COLOR]
Sounds like we're Newbie Fockerless to the Panel. I am sure they will pick people who are more than qualified and deserving. It's just too bad that there can't be more places. Good thing we have one Golden Focker (L/Y Jo Jo!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
I've had them for years---wish I knew the answer really. But 120 mg of generic sudafed, xyzal (new Zyrtec) keeps them ok.
I take Zyrtec everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I didn't get a golden Mom's Panel ticket either. At first I was bummed, but then Andy made me laugh so much about it, I feel MUCH better now. He kept telling me I was too ghetto, I'd be the brown sheep, the sore thumb, etc.
You 2 are hoots!

---------------------------------
We tried a new dance class tonight and Tink did a great job! I don't think she was mixing well with the other instructor. The only thing is that she was in class with a few "friends" and that also may have attributed to her not focusing. Tonight I emailed the moms of the "friends" to tell them that we moved classes and and one of them is now considering moving her dd to our class. I'm hoping if she does, TINK still will stay on task. She seems to do better when she needs to make new friends and isn't as "sure of herself".

Old 10-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #650
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Hi All! I skanned (aka: scrolled though the page to feel better about myself)

I saw Dawn was in an accident! We just had our first rain today and there was 30mph winds. I was so afraid there would be more accidents. Hearing about you guys getting in an accident just makes me more nervous.

last weekend I spent the whole time on homework. Bleh! Thats why Im finally getting around. And I recently developed a very bad ingrown toenail. today I went to the doctor to get my refferal to the pediatrist. Hopefully thursday I'll get it cut out. It's soo painful.

I'll probably stop by this weekend after my midterm friday. I've got to be all about birds from now until then. Im not studying budgies, but I did learn about the Great-tailed Grackle.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:03 AM   #651
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
They don't know what they're missing with any of you. Jo was/is an excellent pick, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well I'm home sick today. The cold has finally gotten me! I am trying to relax but i'm friggin bored! I am trying to stay put on the couch but there is stuff to do. I feel OK except for the bad cough and stuffed head. I hate being sick.
Hope you feel better today!

Quote:
I didn't get a golden Mom's Panel ticket either. At first I was bummed, but then Andy made me laugh so much about it, I feel MUCH better now. He kept telling me I was too ghetto, I'd be the brown sheep, the sore thumb, etc.
But that's why I thought you'd be in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
So I got home from school today to find an e-mail from one of my profs and the program coordinator asking me to be a tutor for the college since my marks are so high in all my classes. It is $10 an hour and I can work it around my class schedule. I am seriously thinking of doing it for the extra money, not sure I would be a very good teacher though.
Woohooo Lessa, sounds good

Quote:
Hey all. Back from the eye doctor. ALl is well. He doesn't want to see me for a month and has started backing down on the meds. Still out of work until the 2nd, but all is good
Fantastic and that's only a few weeks away

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Evening all !! Spent the evening wrapping all the stuff I bought last Dec 26th on sale !!The girls just want clothes and some specialIPOD So I am looking for Aero sales at teh store !! I did get TSM Wii for all of them ! Black Friday I pick up stuff too !! I am just giving Judy money to put towards the electric bike Kyle wants as that and the TSM are all he really has asked for !!
Wow Rosie you're organised

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Sounds like we're Newbie Fockerless to the Panel. I am sure they will pick people who are more than qualified and deserving. It's just too bad that there can't be more places. Good thing we have one Golden Focker (L/Y Jo Jo!)
Awww and remember if it hadn't been for me being chosen we'd have never met

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
And I recently developed a very bad ingrown toenail. today I went to the doctor to get my refferal to the pediatrist. Hopefully thursday I'll get it cut out. It's soo painful.
Yikes Sam, hope it's not too painful

Nothing to report here, I may go and do some Christmas shopping later, may not. I was up until about 1am on a call and woke up at about 6.30am so probably need to go back to bed
Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #652
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I've not been feeling badly but I just don't want to get out of bed these days. Mind you, since I work until 6AM, I'm usually not out of bed until 2PM anyway. I think it's the weather and all the carp kinda letting go. I feel somewhat drained. In case you didn't know, I NEED A VACATION!
Yes you do Take care of yourself!

Quote:
We tried a new dance class tonight and Tink did a great job! I don't think she was mixing well with the other instructor. The only thing is that she was in class with a few "friends" and that also may have attributed to her not focusing. Tonight I emailed the moms of the "friends" to tell them that we moved classes and and one of them is now considering moving her dd to our class. I'm hoping if she does, TINK still will stay on task. She seems to do better when she needs to make new friends and isn't as "sure of herself".
Jimmy is the same, which is why I am glad his one friend isn't in Cub Scouts or playing soccer with him. Hope it works out for TInk if the other mom moves her DD!

Quote:
Im not studying budgies, but I did learn about the Great-tailed Grackle.
It's a crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Nothing to report here, I may go and do some Christmas shopping later, may not. I was up until about 1am on a call and woke up at about 6.30am so probably need to go back to bed
Hi Jo HAve fun shopping. I can't actually Christmas shop in stores yet. I have to get in the mood...on Black Friday I did get Jim 2 gifts online though!

--------------------------------------------

I got me reject email...anyone else??

Off to school again to continue counting Candy Sale money. Hopefully we can get it done today so that I can use tomorrow for doing laundry. Jimmy has a psychiatrist appointment (med check) after school, so Jim is going to take him to that and then to the library. They will stop for a slice of pizza or something in between the 2, so I don't have to worry about cooking tonight

Hope everyone has a good day.

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #653
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

HAve fun and I hope they tell him soon!

Awesome news CE

Hi Jen Better you than me with the snow

Ugh, lots of hugs and good thoughts headed your way

I like it too!

That's good!

Feel better and I will call soon, I promise

THe last thing I need is to start another one of those. My poor Pet on Pet SOciety is probably dead!

Glad things are turning around!

================

Hey all. Back from the eye doctor. ALl is well. He doesn't want to see me for a month and has started backing down on the meds. Still out of work until the 2nd, but all is good

Off to finish making breakfast for dinner. BBL
That's good about your eyes! What about the ears??

Quote:
TE, thanks... Janet, I wasn't going to start another game, either, but oh well. My Pet Society pet is almost certainly dead - if not, she stinks a bunch.
I like the cafe world one---and ya know, you can take the doors off if you want a break!

++++++++++
well, I'm getting ready for work........and I feel so blue.
Ab took BA to school.........just now.....and it;s raining....and I don't want to call and see if they are ok cause I made her promise not to use the cell.......I should have driven them like I have for 16 years.......

I don't like this. Advice appreciated.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #654
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

They got there ok---I went ahead and texted!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #655
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Mornng all ! Fly by post am off to do open interviews !! Ya'll remember my he/she/? candidate Hope I don't get another as Phil will be there and I know I wont be able to keep a straight face with him there !!
Thanks for the "organized "comment Jo !! I haveo be as I would never get it done if I didn't start now !!!
Dawn I don't think you are too Ghetto and I agree they need mors brown space !!!!!
V hang in there !!
CE
Everyone else
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #656
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
She seems to do better when she needs to make new friends and isn't as "sure of herself".
That happens with my kids, too - it's better to be "friendless" so that they pay attention.

Quote:
last weekend I spent the whole time on homework. Bleh! Thats why Im finally getting around. And I recently developed a very bad ingrown toenail. today I went to the doctor to get my refferal to the pediatrist. Hopefully thursday I'll get it cut out. It's soo painful.
Sorry about the toe - good luck with the birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
You should! (Go back to bed - if you Christmas shop, I'll feel very unaccomplished... )

Quote:
They will stop for a slice of pizza or something in between the 2, so I don't have to worry about cooking tonight
Woohoo! I have dinner in the crockpot as we speak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
I like the cafe world one---and ya know, you can take the doors off if you want a break!
Oooh, good idea - I felt so bad when my buzz rating bottomed out overnight when I had no food!

Quote:
I don't like this. Advice appreciated.
No real advice, but

Quote:
CE
Thanks so much, Rosie. Good luck with the interviews!

D finally left, so I need to shower and head to school for a while. I am knee-deep in printing crap for the Book Fair, but I need to copy it, sort by # in each room, etc.

I also need to shop - but not exactly the fun kind. D's mom bought him a bunch of clothes last week, too, but almost nothing fit, so I need to do exchanges, and then I bought Land's End shoes for myself and also some cordouroy pants, and neither of them fit. The shoes are too wide, which I feared - they almost always are, but there was a sale and a strap, so I had hopes. The pants I am more ticked about - I bought shorts this summer from Land's End in the bigger size that I sadly seem to need, but they were way TOO big, so I bought my "normal" size of the cords, figuring that would be perfect, but they are too small. Sigh. Consistency, people!

Anyway, I need to get moving, but am not feeling very motivated. It's cool this morning, but at least it's sunny, which helps a little.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #657
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Thankfully Andy is around.

Quote:
So I got home from school today to find an e-mail from one of my profs and the program coordinator asking me to be a tutor for the college since my marks are so high in all my classes. It is $10 an hour and I can work it around my class schedule. I am seriously thinking of doing it for the extra money, not sure I would be a very good teacher though.
I'm sure they have faith in you if they asked. God luck.

Quote:
I actually use apples and bananas. Want the receipe?
Thanks!

Quote:
Back from the eye doctor. ALl is well.

Quote:
Spent the evening wrapping all the stuff I bought last Dec 26th on sale !!
You're so good.

Quote:
You hang in there with the secret!
How's the mouth feeling today?

They finally told him last night and now he's concerned he can't love another baby as much as Reid.
My mouth feels fine thanks although I'm a little hesitant to brush too close to the hole.

Quote:
I've not been feeling badly but I just don't want to get out of bed these days.
Your vacation will be here sooner than you know.

Last night F&W was stll crowded but not nearly as bad as Saturday. Kool and the Gang was a fun show although my friend was a stick in the mud and wouldn't go down to dance with all the ladies. She claimed she can't dance. I can't either but that's not the point! I did see Jordan for just a minute. We were on her was out and she was trying to close her pin station. She's thinking about extending her time here, and I hope she does. She is definitely as asset to Disney and the type of CM they want/need.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #658
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Well I finally finished my paper with 5 hours to go until it is due, lots of time to spare! It was really hard cutting it down. We get docked for every word that is above the 250 mark and my original essay was around 330 words. Well I did it, barely, it is now 249 words.

Mom was talking last night about how much she wants to go on another cruise and how we probably won't get to go on one for at least 10 years due to school schedules and all the other trips we have planned. I thought 10 years was a bit extreme. So I was thinking about booking a cruise for May 2011 and surprising her with it for her birthday next year. That would allow me lots of time to save up the money. Don't know if I would be able to keep the secret for a whole year though!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #659
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Last night F&W was stll crowded but not nearly as bad as Saturday. Kool and the Gang was a fun show although my friend was a stick in the mud and wouldn't go down to dance with all the ladies. She claimed she can't dance. I can't either but that's not the point! I did see Jordan for just a minute. We were on her was out and she was trying to close her pin station. She's thinking about extending her time here, and I hope she does. She is definitely as asset to Disney and the type of CM they want/need.
I'm glad you had fun. I would have danced with you.

Quote:
Mom was talking last night about how much she wants to go on another cruise and how we probably won't get to go on one for at least 10 years due to school schedules and all the other trips we have planned. I thought 10 years was a bit extreme. So I was thinking about booking a cruise for May 2011 and surprising her with it for her birthday next year. That would allow me lots of time to save up the money. Don't know if I would be able to keep the secret for a whole year though!
Aw, you're a good daughter.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #660
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Aw, you're a good daughter.

Thanks! It does have a selfish component to it though as it would mean I get to go on a cruise too.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: