Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #631
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Frankly, I'm feeling really, really down. I know - it could be so much worse. But I work out; I eat right; I take good care of my body. Is it really all for nought? With 40 in sight, am I doomed to falling apart at the seams?! I need to go mope for a while.
Oh, V. I'm so sorry. Take some time to let it all out.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #632
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Although it seems you don't mind.
Yea, I minded yesterday when it was coming down ALL darn day! It reminded me of Christmas, yet it was just the middle of Oct. I figure that there really is nothing I can do, so I might as well cozy up inside, so I really don't have to be bothered by it out.

Why are they not telling you about the baby? AND ouch on the tooth!

Jo- I think I'm a no go. There is always the future!

CE- That is just awesome news! I bet you are feeling pretty happy.

V- You are in great shape and you do work out. It's not the worst thing, to have to take a RX for high blood pressure. You really are heading into 40 in great shape. BTW- you must have a few more years to go? You look not a day older than 31!

TE- Can you tell me more about your meds/headaches? I get almost the same headache ~ DAILY! I try to use pressure points from in between my eyes + up a few inches into my hair line. I have been getting them daily for a few months and have been taking - Ibuprofen.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #633
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
You need to lose weight? I'm sure it's hereditary.
It is a hereditary thing - heart problems run in my paternal family and my dad dropped dead of a heart attack at 52. On the basketball court, where he played 2-3 hours every day. But yeah, apparently I'm at the high end of weight for my height and bone structure. I know I feel better about 5 pounds lighter, but I'm having a hard time believing it can make much difference with BP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
We had him tested for feline leukemia and he was negative so that's good too!
Yay!
Quote:
I have chronic daily headaches---they are between my eyes and on forehead.
YEP, that sounds familiar! I've been banished from Sudafed, though, which is the one thing that helps. Apparently it's bad for the BP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Oh, V. I'm so sorry. Take some time to let it all out.
Thx - I had a Pepsi instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
V- You are in great shape and you do work out. It's not the worst thing, to have to take a RX for high blood pressure. You really are heading into 40 in great shape. BTW- you must have a few more years to go? You look not a day older than 31!
Thx Jen - I needed that! Only a bit more than a year to go, though. I think I'm just fed up with throwing meds at everything; I already take 3 a day - when does it stop?!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #634
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

V- I'm sorry you're feeling beat up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, did anyone get an e-mail about the Moms Panel? I didn't. It's probably a good thing. This year has been so very stressful, I need to focus on my family, YKWIM?

I'm so sore today. I really want to get some stuff done, but I'm not up to it.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #635
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I had a tooth pulled yesterday and although it didn't hurt, the sound was awful, even though I had my iPod on. The dentist did give me a prescription for pain pills that I got filled just in case. I took one before bed and apparently I drool as there was blood on my pillow. Sorry if that's TMI.
I had 2 wisdom teeth removed whilst I was awake and you're right, the noise

Quote:
Hoping for training? Good luck!
Shhhhh Yep but doubt I'll get it! That's great news about your Dad you must be so relieved

Quote:
Yesterday this kids attempted a snowman, but the snow is way too heavy for them. It was fun watching them try.
Awww bless

Quote:
Ooohh, I hope we get a Focker on panel!
Looks like I'm still going to be the only one

Quote:
My blood pressure's too high. I'll probably need meds for that and I need to lose some weight.
I'm so sorry V and I'm with the others you can't need to loose weight, there's nothing of you

Quote:
he goes in 3 weeks for his neutering and booster shots.
This is an expensive stray

Quote:
I'm sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
So, did anyone get an e-mail about the Moms Panel? I didn't. It's probably a good thing. This year has been so very stressful, I need to focus on my family, YKWIM?
I'm sorry Dawn

I know T hasn't gotten through to the next round either
Old 10-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #636
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I know T hasn't gotten through to the next round either
They don't know what they're missing with any of you. Jo was/is an excellent pick, though!

I went to the library and the grocery store earlier, then have spent the afternoon being addicted to Cafe World on FB.

The kids should be home any minute - in fact, they've been SO consistent at 3:15 that I'm feeling like they're late at 3:18! They have tennis at 4:00, so we'll need to go soon.

I don't know what to do for dinner. Due to D's co-pilot posting on my FB page, I assume that they're back, so I need to figure out dinner for the family, not just grilled cheese tonight.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #637
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Yea, I minded yesterday when it was coming down ALL darn day! It reminded me of Christmas, yet it was just the middle of Oct. I figure that there really is nothing I can do, so I might as well cozy up inside, so I really don't have to be bothered by it out.

Why are they not telling you about the baby? AND ouch on the tooth!

CE- That is just awesome news! I bet you are feeling pretty happy.

TE- Can you tell me more about your meds/headaches? I get almost the same headache ~ DAILY! I try to use pressure points from in between my eyes + up a few inches into my hair line. I have been getting them daily for a few months and have been taking - Ibuprofen.
I've had them for years---wish I knew the answer really. But 120 mg of generic sudafed, xyzal (new Zyrtec) keeps them ok. Abby takes Imitrex and Verapermil but I haven't tried that. I find myself squeezing between my eyes to add pressure a lot too. Taking Advil all the time just makes the problem worse so I was told to back off of that.

Quote:
It is a hereditary thing - heart problems run in my paternal family and my dad dropped dead of a heart attack at 52. On the basketball court, where he played 2-3 hours every day. But yeah, apparently I'm at the high end of weight for my height and bone structure. I know I feel better about 5 pounds lighter, but I'm having a hard time believing it can make much difference with BP.

Yay!

YEP, that sounds familiar! I've been banished from Sudafed, though, which is the one thing that helps. Apparently it's bad for the BP.

Thx - I had a Pepsi instead!

Thx Jen - I needed that! Only a bit more than a year to go, though. I think I'm just fed up with throwing meds at everything; I already take 3 a day - when does it stop?!
yes, sudafed can make your BP go up---I check mine from time to time and ok so far. If I forget it before bed, I can't function the next day tho.

Quote:
V- I'm sorry you're feeling beat up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #638
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
I went to the library and the grocery store earlier, then have spent the afternoon being addicted to Cafe World on FB.

I like your new wallpaper! It's a cute game! .....ahem......and I need more neighbors for my quest for total cafe domination!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #639
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Why are they not telling you about the baby?
They want to be the ones to tell Mitch which I understand, but I have known since Saturday so get on it!

Quote:
It is a hereditary thing -
How terrible about your father. But I certainly understand your frustration.

Quote:
I just knew we'd know someone because all the cool people are Fockers.

Quote:
Don't rush anything.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #640
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post

KAT got hit in the head with a heavy duty clothes rack at WoD. She and KC had another round of therapy.
OUCH!!! I'm glad you are OK. I bet a few choice words escaped your lips. I hope you and KC keep heading in a positive direction. What happened to the security job?[/COLOR]
It was a hook up from a friend and I never heard back from them. I'm not waiting around for it, i'm still looking. Your trip sounds like it's shaping up very nicely!!

Quote:
Many of you have seen and already posted on FB, but my dad had his post-chemo post-test follow-up appointment this morning, and they got fantastic news!
Great news!!! I wanted to ask you something...in march KC is going to a gaming convention in Boston and now I ma going with him, but wanted to see if maybe we can get together while I am there?! I'll have to find out the dates and let you know!

Quote:

Right. So I don't have much to celebrate after seeing the Dr.

Quote:

I'm just glad you are alright!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well I'm home sick today. The cold has finally gotten me! I am trying to relax but i'm friggin bored! I am trying to stay put on the couch but there is stuff to do. I feel OK except for the bad cough and stuffed head. I hate being sick.

So KC & I are still going to therapy once every other week now. Things are really going very well. We are learning to communicate better and are really getting along famously. There is still a lot to sort through but I am sure we are on the right path.

We are hoping to move by the beginning of the year. We MAY get his parents apartment if his dad gets a new job that needs him to move, but we aren't banking on that. We are looking into people to move in with as well, even for just a year, so we can save money and put a god chunk of our debt to rest.
No trips for a while either. Just the small weekend one to Boston in march.

We have been talking to Pants about going to London and then Greece next summer, so thats something to shoot for. Jo- you know i'll be coming to find you if we come over!!!

Anyway I am going to attempt to catch up on threads now...lol...I prob never will. Have a good day all!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 10-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #641
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Hi Everyone!

It's been a crazy day! I hate open enrollment time! UGH!

I didn't get a golden Mom's Panel ticket either. At first I was bummed, but then Andy made me laugh so much about it, I feel MUCH better now. He kept telling me I was too ghetto, I'd be the brown sheep, the sore thumb, etc.

Anyway, I was hoping at least ONE FOCKER would make it! At least we have Jo to represent for us!

Meh. I have Brownies tonight. Happy happy joy joy. I'm not in the mood for 8 screaming girls.

Peace OUT, Yo!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #642
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So I got home from school today to find an e-mail from one of my profs and the program coordinator asking me to be a tutor for the college since my marks are so high in all my classes. It is $10 an hour and I can work it around my class schedule. I am seriously thinking of doing it for the extra money, not sure I would be a very good teacher though.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #643
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

Only problem is that I am incredibly unmotivated. The Ethics test and lab report are not a problem as they are simple and straight forward, no creative thinking required. I however have absolutely no idea what I am going to write about for my stupid little paper.
DId you get it done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Laura just tweeted that Moms Panel emails are going out today, good luck
Add me to the reject list

Quote:
Congrats Janet. Anyone but the Yankees is good with me.
Thanks Angela!

Quote:
I have heard of apple but this banana sounds better.
I actually use apples and bananas. Want the receipe?

Quote:
I had a tooth pulled yesterday and although it didn't hurt, the sound was awful, even though I had my iPod on. .

Quote:
My sister still has not told Mitch about the baby and it's killing me!
We're planning to go to Epcot tonight so maybe I'll finally get to see Jordan. :
HAve fun and I hope they tell him soon!

Quote:
Many of you have seen and already posted on FB, but my dad had his post-chemo post-test follow-up appointment this morning, and they got fantastic news!

He won't need anymore treatment for now and doesn't even need a check up for three months. We knew all along that this type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma was usually sent to remission, but is rarely cured - and so it probably will come back down the road. But for now, he's good, and no more treatment for now is awesome!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts.
Awesome news CE

Quote:
Lazy day here ~ Hey, we're on fall break and there is snow outside! Yesterday this kids attempted a snowman, but the snow is way too heavy for them. It was fun watching them try.

I'll check back in and catch up in a bit. Hugs to you all!
Hi Jen Better you than me with the snow

Quote:
Right. So I don't have much to celebrate after seeing the Dr.

My blood pressure's too high. I'll probably need meds for that and I need to lose some weight.

It may be a sinus infection, it may be migraines, it may be tension headaches, it may be rebound headaches from being on Advil so long. it also may be all or any of the above in combination. She wants me to cut out ALL painkillers and wait it out till I see her again in a few weeks.

My thyroid meds may also be a culprit; I'm having that tested.

There's nothing to do about the effects from Levaquin but let them get out. It can take weeks. As long as I'm having muscle weakness and tight joints, no real exercise or I could rupture a tendon. (Levaquin brings on tendonitis, hence the pain.)

I'm now allergic to all but one family of antibiotics. So there's one option left if I were to get a life-threatening illness. If we blow that one on a sinus infection and find that I'm allergic to it, too, there won't be anything left. So we're not going the antibiotic route for a while.

Frankly, I'm feeling really, really down. I know - it could be so much worse. But I work out; I eat right; I take good care of my body. Is it really all for nought? With 40 in sight, am I doomed to falling apart at the seams?! I need to go mope for a while.
Ugh, lots of hugs and good thoughts headed your way

Quote:
He ate the quiche....BA loves it--she asks for it once a week now.
I like it too!

Quote:
Well, the vet said that cats that have lived outside on their own are used to eating fast when they finally get food so that's probably why he does that. She said small frequent meals were good for now---plus it's the way he is learning to trust us!
He did good at the vet--let her pick him up and everything. He was 4.9# and 5 months old. Older than we thought---the internet says it's hard to tame older kittens and almost impossible for adult cats. So I'm glad he "found" us when he did! We had him tested for feline leukemia and he was negative so that's good too!

he goes in 3 weeks for his neutering and booster shots.
That's good!

Quote:

[/COLOR]
Feel better and I will call soon, I promise

Quote:
THe last thing I need is to start another one of those. My poor Pet on Pet SOciety is probably dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Well I'm home sick today. The cold has finally gotten me! I am trying to relax but i'm friggin bored! I am trying to stay put on the couch but there is stuff to do. I feel OK except for the bad cough and stuffed head. I hate being sick.

So KC & I are still going to therapy once every other week now. Things are really going very well. We are learning to communicate better and are really getting along famously. There is still a lot to sort through but I am sure we are on the right path.

We are hoping to move by the beginning of the year. We MAY get his parents apartment if his dad gets a new job that needs him to move, but we aren't banking on that. We are looking into people to move in with as well, even for just a year, so we can save money and put a god chunk of our debt to rest.
No trips for a while either. Just the small weekend one to Boston in march.

We have been talking to Pants about going to London and then Greece next summer, so thats something to shoot for. Jo- you know i'll be coming to find you if we come over!!!

Anyway I am going to attempt to catch up on threads now...lol...I prob never will. Have a good day all!

[/COLOR]
Glad things are turning around!

================

Hey all. Back from the eye doctor. ALl is well. He doesn't want to see me for a month and has started backing down on the meds. Still out of work until the 2nd, but all is good

Off to finish making breakfast for dinner. BBL

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #644
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
So I got home from school today to find an e-mail from one of my profs and the program coordinator asking me to be a tutor for the college since my marks are so high in all my classes. It is $10 an hour and I can work it around my class schedule. I am seriously thinking of doing it for the extra money, not sure I would be a very good teacher though.
Congrats Lessa. Extra money for Disney

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #645
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

TE, thanks... Janet, I wasn't going to start another game, either, but oh well. My Pet Society pet is almost certainly dead - if not, she stinks a bunch.

Kat, sure! Let me know!

Lessa, sounds good! Congrats!

Janet, great news on the eye!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: