Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:33 AM   #616
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel3 View Post
you should check into an open mri. i'm sure they have one somewhere in the philly area. or how bout some good medication before the mri??
They do. I just have to call the ear doctor and get it set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="black"]Hi Focker Friends!

Quote:
TE does indeed have a petting zoo
Hey TE, you can charge $5 a head and make a little side money for Disney.

Quote:
JANET is a snack bar mom. She posted a cute pic of the Jims at #585.
I'm sorry about your hearing in the one ear. I hope they can find what is wrong and fix it. Great picture.
Will call the ENT and get an open one scheduled, hopefully.

Quote:
We got some big stuff happening here at work. I can't say anything. It's top secret. If I tell you all, I'd have to hunt you down and shoot ya'. Not really, however, it may hinder my ability to chat very much over the next 2-3 weeks. Go figure. I'll di-vulge everything when it all has become concrete.
Hope its good for you!

Quote:
As you may have seen above. Rockie and I are doing the BFF trip Dec 6 - Dec 12.

================

Good morning all. Heading over to school in a little bit to count money for the candy sale. Then I have an eye doctor appointment at 1:30pm.

Jim and Jimmy headed back to work and school. Doing breakfast for dinner tonight.

Oh, and BTW...the Phillies win

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #617
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

We had a great Thanksgiving last night. The food was yummy as usual, we chatted with the relatives on the phone and then we played a bunch of board games which were hilariously fun as usual. We wrapped up the night looking at our Disney photo albums from 2007/2008 and laughing over all the good memories. It was a great night! I didn't end up taking Alek home until almost midnight!

I didn't touch my school work all weekend so now I have a Biology lab report to write up, a short 250 word paper to write and an Ethics test to study for. Why did I not do any of this while I was at work this weekend?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #618
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Good morning!

We had a great Thanksgiving last night. The food was yummy as usual, we chatted with the relatives on the phone and then we played a bunch of board games which were hilariously fun as usual. We wrapped up the night looking at our Disney photo albums from 2007/2008 and laughing over all the good memories. It was a great night! I didn't end up taking Alek home until almost midnight!

Glad you had a good time. You can send the leftovers down to Philly

Quote:
I didn't touch my school work all weekend so now I have a Biology lab report to write up, a short 250 word paper to write and an Ethics test to study for. Why did I not do any of this while I was at work this weekend?
You'll be fine. Just sit down and do it!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 AM   #619
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Glad you had a good time. You can send the leftovers down to Philly

You'll be fine. Just sit down and do it!

Only problem is that I am incredibly unmotivated. The Ethics test and lab report are not a problem as they are simple and straight forward, no creative thinking required. I however have absolutely no idea what I am going to write about for my stupid little paper.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #620
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Wow--bed before 8? I haven't even seen my kids yet! (Ab's driving herself home from work....)
Well, they're only 7, after all. And we have to get up by 7:00 for the 7:40 bus... And D's gone, so I was ready for my own time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel3 View Post
sorry ce, that sucks! you think they would have called to let you know.
Well, they told me in July that it was a possibility, but normally they don't have that many "old" subs come back - people get full-time jobs or move or do something else. Likely it's somewhat economy-related, and it wasn't as if they rejected ME - they rejected all newcomers. Not that I'm not still bummed, but it wasn't all their fault - though I do wish they'd called once they realized it. However, my app is still on file, and if people flake out through the winter, I may still be "hired" so to speak. Not exactly ideal, but...

Quote:
We got some big stuff happening here at work. I can't say anything. It's top secret. If I tell you all, I'd have to hunt you down and shoot ya'. Not really, however, it may hinder my ability to chat very much over the next 2-3 weeks. Go figure. I'll di-vulge everything when it all has become concrete.

Good luck with whatever it is!

Quote:
Good morning all. Heading over to school in a little bit to count money for the candy sale. Then I have an eye doctor appointment at 1:30pm.
Good luck!

Quote:
Good morning!

Glad you had a good one!

Quote:
Only problem is that I am incredibly unmotivated. The Ethics test and lab report are not a problem as they are simple and straight forward, no creative thinking required. I however have absolutely no idea what I am going to write about for my stupid little paper.
Trip Report!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #621
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Morning. Sorry I can't catch-up... it's a tough week.

The stupid antibiotics are wreaking havoc with my body; apparently the potential side effects of tremors, tendon pain and injury, nausea, dizziness and hallucinations are known and documented. Unfortunately, they're ALL hitting me and I spent most of the weekend wishing for death. Okay, not really, but... close. I stopped taking the med, but the walk-in clinic refused to prescribe an alternative or see me again, so the sinus infection is once again raging; add a horrendous headache to the mix today. I'm seeing my real Dr. at 11, so here's hoping for a fix.

Hope everyone's doing okay here.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #622
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post

Trip Report!
Like minds! I just updated and now I am off to class.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #623
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
The stupid antibiotics are wreaking havoc with my body; apparently the potential side effects of tremors, tendon pain and injury, nausea, dizziness and hallucinations are known and documented. Unfortunately, they're ALL hitting me and I spent most of the weekend wishing for death. Okay, not really, but... close. I stopped taking the med, but the walk-in clinic refused to prescribe an alternative or see me again, so the sinus infection is once again raging; add a horrendous headache to the mix today. I'm seeing my real Dr. at 11, so here's hoping for a fix.
Aw, V. Feel better soon!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #624
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Since you asked, our trip is now scheduled for December 6th to December 12th. Doug has been bow hunting. Like someone else said, the squirrels like him.
Oh no we arrive the 12th, miss you again although I have my fingers tightly crossed that I'll be there the 5th to 9th

Quote:
Sounds intriguing

Quote:
Sounds lovely

Quote:
Oh no

Laura just tweeted that Moms Panel emails are going out today, good luck

Just had a lovely game of golf, the weather is beautiful today and it was so hot. I played fine too
Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #625
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
For those of you that don't know I've started a new TR, link in my siggie please read as not many people are
Me and my southern accent are there. So did not want to hear that I have one.

Quote:
Well, Ab got her license....
Congrats! to you.

Quote:
watching the Phillies game...
Congrats Janet. Anyone but the Yankees is good with me.

Quote:
I made a banana brown betty.
I have heard of apple but this banana sounds better.

Quote:
New kitty Boots is doing good! He's purring a lot more and eating a LOT. Going to vet in am.
I love cats.

Quote:
Little boots didn't wanna be put back in his crate--he crawled all over me and purred and purred.
And this is why.

Quote:
I made tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner,
Always a good dinner.

Quote:
ANGELA will be an aunt a second time around!!!!
Great news!!!
Thanks! Reid will be 3.

Quote:
Rockie and I are doing the BFF trip Dec 6 - Dec 12.
That's great!

Quote:
I also exchanged our MNSSHP tix for MVMCP tix. We are going to the Christmas party on Tue, Dec. 8th.
I'll be there on Dec 1. Anyone else?

Quote:
My Thanksgivings are never that good.

Quote:
The stupid antibiotics are wreaking havoc with my body;
How terrible. I hope your doctor gives you something else that helps.

Quote:
I saw that too!

I had a tooth pulled yesterday and although it didn't hurt, the sound was awful, even though I had my iPod on. The dentist did give me a prescription for pain pills that I got filled just in case. I took one before bed and apparently I drool as there was blood on my pillow. Sorry if that's TMI.

My sister still has not told Mitch about the baby and it's killing me!
We're planning to go to Epcot tonight so maybe I'll finally get to see Jordan.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #626
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh no we arrive the 12th, miss you again although I have my fingers tightly crossed that I'll be there the 5th to 9th
Hoping for training? Good luck!

Quote:
Just had a lovely game of golf, the weather is beautiful today and it was so hot. I played fine too
Sigh - even you are taunting me with weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
I had a tooth pulled yesterday and although it didn't hurt, the sound was awful, even though I had my iPod on. The dentist did give me a prescription for pain pills that I got filled just in case. I took one before bed and apparently I drool as there was blood on my pillow. Sorry if that's TMI.
I HATE that noise.

Quote:
My sister still has not told Mitch about the baby and it's killing me!
We're planning to go to Epcot tonight so maybe I'll finally get to see Jordan.
Have fun at Epcot, and stop by and see your sis on the way!

Many of you have seen and already posted on FB, but my dad had his post-chemo post-test follow-up appointment this morning, and they got fantastic news!

He won't need anymore treatment for now and doesn't even need a check up for three months. We knew all along that this type of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma was usually sent to remission, but is rarely cured - and so it probably will come back down the road. But for now, he's good, and no more treatment for now is awesome!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #627
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Lazy day here ~ Hey, we're on fall break and there is snow outside! Yesterday this kids attempted a snowman, but the snow is way too heavy for them. It was fun watching them try.

I'll check back in and catch up in a bit. Hugs to you all!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #628
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Aw, V. Feel better soon!
Thanks CE
Quote:
we arrive the 12th
Thank you - I was going to email you with that question today!
Quote:
Ooohh, I hope we get a Focker on panel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
How terrible. I hope your doctor gives you something else that helps.
Thanks, but no luck.
Quote:
The dentist did give me a prescription for pain pills that I got filled just in case.
Can I have one?!

Quote:
Many of you have seen and already posted on FB, but my dad had his post-chemo post-test follow-up appointment this morning, and they got fantastic news!
AWESOME!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right. So I don't have much to celebrate after seeing the Dr.

My blood pressure's too high. I'll probably need meds for that and I need to lose some weight.

It may be a sinus infection, it may be migraines, it may be tension headaches, it may be rebound headaches from being on Advil so long. it also may be all or any of the above in combination. She wants me to cut out ALL painkillers and wait it out till I see her again in a few weeks.

My thyroid meds may also be a culprit; I'm having that tested.

There's nothing to do about the effects from Levaquin but let them get out. It can take weeks. As long as I'm having muscle weakness and tight joints, no real exercise or I could rupture a tendon. (Levaquin brings on tendonitis, hence the pain.)

I'm now allergic to all but one family of antibiotics. So there's one option left if I were to get a life-threatening illness. If we blow that one on a sinus infection and find that I'm allergic to it, too, there won't be anything left. So we're not going the antibiotic route for a while.

Frankly, I'm feeling really, really down. I know - it could be so much worse. But I work out; I eat right; I take good care of my body. Is it really all for nought? With 40 in sight, am I doomed to falling apart at the seams?! I need to go mope for a while.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #629
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
He won't need anymore treatment for now and doesn't even need a check up for three months.
That is great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Lazy day here ~ Hey, we're on fall break and there is snow outside!
Although it seems you don't mind.

Quote:
My blood pressure's too high. I'll probably need meds for that and I need to lose some weight.
You need to lose weight? I'm sure it's hereditary.

Quote:
She wants me to cut out ALL painkillers and wait it out till I see her again in a few weeks.
You're right. I'd be in big trouble if I had to do that.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm feeling really, really down. I know - it could be so much worse. But I work out; I eat right; I take good care of my body. Is it really all for nought? With 40 in sight, am I doomed to falling apart at the seams?! I need to go mope for a while.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #630
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
I;d tell him reservations and make him take me out!

WOn't the vet tell you how much to feed? That's what ours did for TInk How is your older cat getting along with him>
He ate the quiche....BA loves it--she asks for it once a week now.

Well, the vet said that cats that have lived outside on their own are used to eating fast when they finally get food so that's probably why he does that. She said small frequent meals were good for now---plus it's the way he is learning to trust us!
He did good at the vet--let her pick him up and everything. He was 4.9# and 5 months old. Older than we thought---the internet says it's hard to tame older kittens and almost impossible for adult cats. So I'm glad he "found" us when he did! We had him tested for feline leukemia and he was negative so that's good too!

he goes in 3 weeks for his neutering and booster shots.

+++++++

.........and yes, I have a petting zoo! No one's paying tho! But my vet's making a fortune!

+++++
V-any better??

I have chronic daily headaches---they are between my eyes and on forehead. Probably migraines per the doctor---Abby has them too. I take 120mg of sudafed every nite with my Xyzal and that makes them tolerable....not fixed...but I can go about my day.....the doctor wants me to lay off Advill cause of the rebound effect, but some days I have to take 2...this was one of them! the weather plays a part in that too,

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: