Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #3691
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Hi everyone I'm home

My Nanny loved her party, she cried when she came in to a room full of people, about 30. She didn't know that she was having a party and it was so sweet. She kept saying how wonderful everything was and that she didn't know she had so many friends (they keep dying ) It only lasted a few hours which was probably enough for all the old fogies as my girls call them

I'm so glad to be home though, Mum and Ken (her partner) just argue all the time and I hate it something was even said to me this morning and I so nearly bit back but I refrained myself!!! Thing is Mum thinks it's great having us and I don't think she realises we all hate the tension in the house Oh well we only go once or twice a year
Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #3692
Flora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Dinner sounds YUM! What the heck is Shutter Island? I've heard a ton of people talk about it but haven't seen any previews (shows you how much I get out ) Who's in it?
It's a Martin Scorcese suspense movie starring Leonardo Dicaprio. Very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
DM - Movie looked good from the previews. What is Fun Junction
Fun Junction is basically a laser tag, arcade games place. Translation: Money guzzler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I just came home from seeing it. I loved it. This was truly a good movie and Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing in it. Now I will read the book to see if the movie did it justice.
I want to get the book too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
We won't leave until after noon tomorrow, so I may stop in. But, in case we're running like mad, hope you all have a good week! I'll miss you! I'm not even taking the computer because the rental house has no internet. I will still be able to get e-mails on the phone, but I couldn't use the computer at all last year, so I'm not even going to haul it. I may go through some shakes, but I hope I'll manage with a week off.
It's not noon yet and I see your light on. Have a great time!!!

Quote:
Well the boys had a fabulous time, even though they didn't watch the movie. They played transformers, and power rangers, and then played super heroes using all of Jimmy's okd Halloween costumes. Oh, well they still had fun and Jimmy can watch the movie tomorrow.
Fun boy stuff. Were they loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Since Bill dropped his last class because he had enough credits to graduate, we got a refund check. He bought an expensive TV remote with a touch screen. Sounds silly, but with his Cerebral Palsy it is much easier for him to use. We also bought a new desk with a hutch and a printer table to go with it. That makes him very happy.
Expensive stinks, but when it really helps a person, then, if you have the money, it's well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]I don't know anything about that game, but I bought Just Dance and we have really had fun with it. I read about it on the DIS that people love doing it because it's like a workout.
More on that game to follow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Hi everyone I'm home

My Nanny loved her party, she cried when she came in to a room full of people, about 30. She didn't know that she was having a party and it was so sweet. She kept saying how wonderful everything was and that she didn't know she had so many friends (they keep dying ) It only lasted a few hours which was probably enough for all the old fogies as my girls call them

I'm so glad to be home though, Mum and Ken (her partner) just argue all the time and I hate it something was even said to me this morning and I so nearly bit back but I refrained myself!!! Thing is Mum thinks it's great having us and I don't think she realises we all hate the tension in the house Oh well we only go once or twice a year
Yippee! Glad you had and great time, and especially Nanny!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #3693
Flora
Mouseketeer

We had a nice dinner last night. Not one of my choices to go to, but it was for my MIL so I couldn't complain.

We went back to Best Buy to exchange the Dance Revolution. I was so excited to get the new one home, and it did the same exact thing. Something must be up with the game itself. It just starts freaking out on the menus. We have no other problems with other games, so this is isolated. I'm bummed because I was really ready to shaky my booty!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #3694
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet, I hope to see many pictures from your trip. I bet it is beautiful there.
It really is. Jim and I went in 1999 and loved it. I am sure it is going to be a much different trip with kids though

Quote:
Janet, sounds like Jimmy had a great time. Wouldnít get be great to just run around playing in old Halloween costumes?
Ahhh to have no worries

Quote:
Since Bill dropped his last class because he had enough credits to graduate, we got a refund check. He bought an expensive TV remote with a touch screen. Sounds silly, but with his Cerebral Palsy it is much easier for him to use. We also bought a new desk with a hutch and a printer table to go with it. That makes him very happy.[/COLOR][/FONT]
That's cool. Men and their toys

Quote:

He never gives up, he never gets down and he does as Walt used to say:
Good for him ANd after all that work he deserves a trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Mom and I took the nephews to see The Lion King in Boston last night-it was awesome, and the boys loved it (they're 14 and 10). I was buying them souvenirs, and I turned to Mordie and said "Is it me, or does this stand remind you of AKL?" Mordie replied "Yes, it does."
I want to take Jimmy to see this but I don't think he is quite ready to sit through it yet! Glad you all had fun!

Quote:
We'll see about the TR. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. We're going out of town this weekend for our last competition so I have a ton to do before Friday monring.
I thought this weekend was the last weekend. I'm so confuuuussssseeed

Quote:
Hi everyone I'm home
Welcome home

Quote:
Glad Nanny had a wonderful time. How old is she? Tell Jess and Ellie to watch it, becasue they WILL be that old one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Fun Junction is basically a laser tag, arcade games place. Translation: Money guzzler.
Oh, we have one of those here. It is called Krazy City! We had Jimmy's birthday party there last year. That actually wansn't too bad!

Quote:
We went back to Best Buy to exchange the Dance Revolution. I was so excited to get the new one home, and it did the same exact thing. Something must be up with the game itself. It just starts freaking out on the menus. We have no other problems with other games, so this is isolated. I'm bummed because I was really ready to shaky my booty! [/COLOR]
That stinks

+++++++++++++++++

Good morning. I have been so lax with the laundry lately...just doing what absolutely needed to be done, that I have 10 loads that I need to get to today and that's not including sheets and comforters I will be spending the entire day doing this

Jim is going to do the grocery shopping so that I can stay here to do the laundry.

Other than that, not much planned for the day. Jimmy decided today that he just wants to watch TV and play with his toys, which is fine with me. He needs to rest a bit after yesterday.

Hope you all have a great day

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #3695
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Janet - Glad the boys had a good time.

CE - Hope you have a good trip!

Tracy - WTG Bill! Hope you both have a wonderful trip!

Jo - Glad you had a good trip, sorry about the whole Mum thing though.

DM - Sorry about the new game.

Hi to the Fockers I missed!

Just sitting here listening to The Weather Channel and we are getting ready to have another storm head our way and snow all week.

Not much else is going on. I have laudry to do today and just a little bit of homework to finish up.

Hope y'all have a good Sunday!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 02-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #3696
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:

I thought this weekend was the last weekend. I'm so confuuuussssseeed
Sorry- When I posted on FB, what I meant was that it was the last competition for Baylie's solo. The teams still compete next weekend. We're gone Fri-Sun, then it's the single digit dance that I'll be doing!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #3697
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Afternoon to all my Focker Friends !!! It is a joy to have a laptop working in the house !!!Hopefully next week Sammis screen will be in and Phil says it is literally a 5 minute job to replace !!! Good News Bree is out of the Hospital but still on antibiotics for 2 more weeks !! The Old Phil is back !!It does my heart good to see him smiling again . He appreciated all your prayers !!
I am off to work at 4pm , but will prolly fir in a post or 2 in the wee hours of the morning !!

Jo I know what you mean about TENSION !! Our house is sooooo much calmer since SIL is totally out of the picture !!

Judy has finished up the kitchen floor, the trim and the bathroom !! Her good friend helped and it took a weekend that's all !! Next onher agenda is painting the kitchen !!! She is picking the color , I think she is going with a dark blue ( as in MH blue )I will take pix and twist Phil's arm to get them up for me !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 02-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #3698
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet - Glad the boys had a good time.
They did. There was a mess of toys out when they left, but not too bad and was an easy clean up!

Quote:
Just sitting here listening to The Weather Channel and we are getting ready to have another storm head our way
We are getting rain Monday and all day Tuesday. It's going to melt all this carp, which is then going to probably cause flooding

Quote:
Sorry- When I posted on FB, what I meant was that it was the last competition for Baylie's solo. The teams still compete next weekend. We're gone Fri-Sun, then it's the single digit dance that I'll be doing!
Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good Afternoon to all my Focker Friends !!! It is a joy to have a laptop working in the house !!!Hopefully next week Sammis screen will be in and Phil says it is literally a 5 minute job to replace !!! Good News Bree is out of the Hospital but still on antibiotics for 2 more weeks !! The Old Phil is back !!It does my heart good to see him smiling again . He appreciated all your prayers !!
Great news about Bree Rosie. Will continue to send good thoughts!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #3699
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
We went back to Best Buy to exchange the Dance Revolution. I was so excited to get the new one home, and it did the same exact thing. Something must be up with the game itself. It just starts freaking out on the menus. We have no other problems with other games, so this is isolated. I'm bummed because I was really ready to shaky my booty!
What a PITA will you try another one or just give up?

Quote:
Glad Nanny had a wonderful time. How old is she? Tell Jess and Ellie to watch it, becasue they WILL be that old one day
She is 90 today and

Quote:
Just sitting here listening to The Weather Channel and we are getting ready to have another storm head our way and snow all week.
Oh no, is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good News Bree is out of the Hospital but still on antibiotics for 2 more weeks !! The Old Phil is back !!It does my heart good to see him smiling again . He appreciated all your prayers !!
Fantastic and WTG Judy can she come and do mine?

Just spoke with Em who spent last week in Florida, they originally were just going for the sun and swimming but it was chilly so they spent 2 days at Sea World and 4 at WDW. She then says they're going back in October and want to stay onsite, so which weeks in October are quiet? What holidays do you have around then? Also because the boys HAVE to be in bed by 7pm they want either a 1 bed or 2 rooms but Joe wants to stay at the GF
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #3700
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:

She is 90 today and

Oh no, is this normal?

Just spoke with Em who spent last week in Florida, they originally were just going for the sun and swimming but it was chilly so they spent 2 days at Sea World and 4 at WDW. She then says they're going back in October and want to stay onsite, so which weeks in October are quiet? What holidays do you have around then? Also because the boys HAVE to be in bed by 7pm they want either a 1 bed or 2 rooms but Joe wants to stay at the GF
Happy birthday to your grandmother. We had a big party for my gram when she turned 91. She was happy and surprised. My aunt came up from Florida for it.

The major holiday in October is Columbus Day. It is a school holiday in a lot of places. This year it is Monday October 11th. I went that weekend in 08 and didn't find the crowds to be excessive. It did get busier over the weekend but I don't think we waited over a 1/2 hour for anything other than TSM. The weather can still be quite warm. It is a great time to visit and see all of the Halloween decorations and then there is also Food and Wine in EPCOT. I am hoping for a quick trip myself depending on the cost to repair my roof from all of the snow we have had.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #3701
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

I started a PTR/TR... The link is in my siggie.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #3702
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

She is 90 today and

Oh no, is this normal?

Jo in October is Colunbus Day weekend which is Monday October 11th so that weekend would be busy and then avoid the very end due to Halloween !! I hear the first week in November is VERY good too!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 02-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #3703
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Jo I would tell Em to avoid the week of Columbus day. Excapt for halloween Night, I hear the crowds are pretty good in October. I'm guessing if they want the kids in bed by 7:00 they won't be doing the Halloween Party or anything like that

Down to 7 loads of laundry left

Old 02-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #3704
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hi there!

Just popping in so I can keep up.

CEL BEL is having car trouble-again.
I hope it didnít cost you that much.

MO is waiting for more snow.
So are we. Itís been a beautiful mix of rain, slush, snow and ice in the last 20 hrs. YUK!

ROSIE is working on her TR. Pics of Kyleís B-day, post #3681. Her laptop is working again. She says that her friendís baby, Bree is out of the hospital and on antibiotics.

Kyleís birthday looked like loads of fun. Love the cake!
I am so happy for the family of Bree. Iíll keep sending prayers.

LORI still has a head cold. There is a cute picture of Lindsey at post #3680.

Linds is too cute!
Shutter Island is about 2 US Marshals attempt to figure out what happened to an inmate/patient in an institution for the criminally insane.

KAT is trying to get their apartment back together after the exterminator got done. They will have to do it again it 2 weeks. They have a neighbor who works for the housing authority above them. She is going to have the whole building investigated.
Karma! Iím just hoping that the bedbugs stay away this time.

DAWN and family are dealing with the dance competitions. She will be leaving March 10th for WDW. They are staying at POR for 5 nights then moving to BLT!
It sounds like a wonderful trip is in store. Youíll probably need it.

CE was doing the pre-trip scramble. She had to thwart a migraine. And then she was off to their vacation in the snow.

FLO said that the week went well with the kids. Fun Junction was $$$ junction but the kids had a great time. She and Rob like Shutter Island. They had an awesome dinner too. They went out again to celebrate the MILís B-day last night. She didnít get to Ďget downí with the Wii because the dance game she bought wouldnít work.

Bummer about the Wii! Glad you had a great week!

JANET has had cubs and tigers at her house.

Sounds like it went OK. Fun Junction sounds kinda like Dave and Busterís. Do you have one of those around there Janet?

T popped in. She said something about G-Force.
Is that the guinea pig movie? We saw it. It was cute but not exceptional. But hey, Iím 4* years old. Howís the cookies?????

MrsKS and Bill got a refund check for some of his schooling that he got to opt out of because he is so smart. They got a fancy touch screen remote for the TV so that Bill can access the TV easier. They also got a new desk. Bill is boosting exposure for the organization that he manages. AndÖÖThey are going to WDW in May to celebrate his gradutation - 3.84 GPA!!!!!
Windfalls of $$$$ are so nice. I am so happy for Bill! He is definitely a testament to strength and perseverance. Congrats to you and him!!!

HEDY went to see Lion King with her nephews and mom. The souvenirs stand reminded her of AK.
Too funny!

JO said her nanna had a wonderful B-day party. 30 people were there. She was very surprised! Jo says that staying with her mom and her momís partner was not fun. Once or twice a year is enough.
That is so special for your nanny! Iím glad she had a good time. Too bad about your living arrangements. Let Em know that the IP-DIPS will be around on the weekend of the 23rd! I agree with everyone else: Columbus day and Halloween are the 2 times to avoid.

All is well here in Hoosierville!

Gotta get ready for work!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #3705
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Happy Sunday Fockers, just spent the afternoon reading trip reports, haven't been over there in ages. I think I found all current Focker reports, if not let me know.

Not doing much the rest of the day.

Just realized why I was hungry, almost dinner time.

Ok, se ya later, off to get something to eat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: