Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #3676
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
feel better lori!
Thanks Sam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Also turns out the ridiculous realty company called the girl upstairs , whom we left the note for, and bad mouthed me. I want to kill this woman. BUT we have made a new friend in the neighbor upstairs because of this so thats cool. Turns out she works for NY State Housing and has filled a complaint and the whole building is being investigated now! I am so excited!
Glad the debugging went well and hopefully something good will come out of it with the housing thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Sorry I haven't check in really... We're still in the middle of dance competition frenzy. Next weekend is our last weekend of competitions. Then we are in the single digit countdown!!!

The plan is to stay at POR for 5 nights starting the 10th, then switching to BLT for a week. We have lots of fun things planned... Hmmm.... Maybe I should do a PTR/TR?
We'll see....
Sounds awesome! And I agree with CE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I got laid out by a totally nasty migraine after the tennis class and essentially was out cold on the couch all afternoon. I did more or less recover by the time the kids got home. For once I didn't hem and haw about whether it was bad enough to take the migraine meds, and gee, it helped to take them at the start (as they say to do... ) Who knew?
Sorry about the migrane but glad you had a good night out.

Not much went on at our house tonight. I cooked dinner and then watched some DVR'd shows while the kids played and then we watched Starstruck on Disney.

Here's Lindsey in her 100 Day shirt we made. She absolutely loved it and said it was so her. I swear I am raising a Diva in Training!

The sad thing is they have not had school for what, 2 weeks (give or take a few days...ok, well 2) and all they did today was party. They had a 2 hour delay and then had their 100 day party and handed out Valentine's. Lindsey also said they watched 101 Dalmations. Gee...you'd think they would want to get some teaching in.

Oh well, the weekend is here and I just plan on taking it easy. Night everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 02-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #3677
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good morning all!! Once again at Library !!

Here are pix of Kyle's birthday Party, takrn just before I left !!

[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #3678
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Here's Lindsey in her 100 Day shirt we made. She absolutely loved it and said it was so her. I swear I am raising a Diva in Training!
Very cute!

Nice pictures, Rosie!

Good morning!

D & the boys are at karate, though they should be ending right now and home soon. My parents have made the traditional call, but mostly I'm sitting drinking coffee and doing some "business" kind of stuff - buying the last of the lift tickets, getting the newspaper stopped, etc. I need to start making lists - I am bad at packing without them.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #3679
Flora
Mouseketeer

ce

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
FLO had the joy of full time, kid time this week. They went to ‘Fun Junction’ yesterday. They are going to Howe Caverns this weekend.
It sounds like you are doing OK this week!

Work, work, work, I am now working 6 nights in a row starting tonight. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Doug had his 2nd infusion yesterday. I only had 3 hrs of sleep before we left. It went well. It took about an hour total. We have to wait for his blood pressure to go down before they will start the infusion. That usually takes about 15 minutes. The infusion itself takes about 30 minutes. We watched Bolt while we were there. Let's hope the results are even better with this treatment. He is still improving every day.

I hadn't eaten so we went to Red Robin on the north side of Indianapolis. This was the first time we had eaten at one. It was excellent! I am not a huge fan of steak fries-their's were awesome! The waitress even gave us an order of the garlic-parmesan fries for free. So good!!! Our burgers were also very good. I was absolutely stuffed. It is a bit pricey for a burger joint, but I have to say, it was worth every penny.

Am I the endorsement queen today or what???

I did get my new entertainment center yesterday. I am in the process of putting it all together. I have the other side unit to finish yet. I will take pics when I am done. I am very happy with it. However, I have discovered that now I need more stuff. They will be a bit bare for a while.

I crashed from 8PM to midnight. I laid my head down on the pillows on the couch and was out-BOOM! Doug hates it when I do that. Oh well.

I don't know when I will get back. Have a great weekend!
Wow! You're a regular tracker keeper! But we didn't do Howe Caverns. We're waiting until April. We did have fun this week tho.

I hope things are better with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
I love Red Robin's, aren't any around here anymore though, but they are yummy!
We have one here. Just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Turns out she works for NY State Housing and has filled a complaint and the whole building is being investigated now! I am so excited!

Anyways the list is calling my name....gotta get it done.

Happy Friday!
It's one thing after another. If its not one thing, it's another. (channelling my Rosanne Rosannadanna)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post

Awesome! Brooke and I have to do a 100-day project, and I was just going to do a dumb poster with stickers. Thanks for showing me up!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #3680
Flora
Mouseketeer

I made it through the winter break with the kids. They enjoyed Fun Junction except spent their money cards faster than I could blink an eye.

Rob and I went to see "Shutter Island" and really enjoyed it. I didn't even get up to pee once, and that is something for me1 Totally suspenseful. Dinner was great. I had a glass of Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, Calamari Marinara over homemade linguini, and for dessert, a Hot Fudge Chocolate Truffle with Raspberries and Chambord. mmmmm.

Then we went over to Best Buy and I bought Dance Revolution for the Wii. I couldn't wait to get it home and start dancing/working out. But, there's something wrong with it, so we have to take it back.

Tonight we go back out to dinner to another local restaurant, Twin Trees, for my MIL's birthday. And that about wraps it up!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #3681
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Rosie - Great pictures! That place looks like a lot of fun!

Quote:
Very cute!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Awesome! Brooke and I have to do a 100-day project, and I was just going to do a dumb poster with stickers. Thanks for showing me up!
Thanks.

Quote:
Rob and I went to see "Shutter Island" and really enjoyed it. I didn't even get up to pee once, and that is something for me1 Totally suspenseful. Dinner was great. I had a glass of Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, Calamari Marinara over homemade linguini, and for dessert, a Hot Fudge Chocolate Truffle with Raspberries and Chambord. mmmmm.
Dinner sounds YUM! What the heck is Shutter Island? I've heard a ton of people talk about it but haven't seen any previews (shows you how much I get out ) Who's in it?

Glad you survived winter break with the kiddos though!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CE!

Not much going on for us today. I need to get some computer homework done and maybe take notes for MA but other than that we'll just be hanging out around the house.

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #3682
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Let's see what I remember.

Kat - Glad the exterminating got done

Dawn - to the PTR/TR. Glad the girls are enjoying dance. to your trip.

CE - Imagine that...taking medicine helps

DM - Movie looked good from the previews. What is Fun Junction?

Lorri - Love the shirt

Hi to everyone else

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey all Went to Cub Scouts with the boys last night and now we are getting ready for the invasion of the Tiger Scouts for Pizza and a Movie. Jim is running to Blockbuster to Get G-Force. Anyone seen it

Tomorrow will be laundry and grocery shopping day, but other than that not much planned for the rest of the weekend. Hopw you are all having a good one

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #3683
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:

Rob and I went to see "Shutter Island" and really enjoyed it.
I just came home from seeing it. I loved it. This was truly a good movie and Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing in it. Now I will read the book to see if the movie did it justice.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #3684
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hey all Went to Cub Scouts with the boys last night and now we are getting ready for the invasion of the Tiger Scouts for Pizza and a Movie. Jim is running to Blockbuster to Get G-Force. Anyone seen it
We have G-Force. Evan watches it all the time, it cracks him up. I, personally haven't seen it, but apparently both my kids love it.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #3685
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

I was able to avoid G-Force (I'm not a fan of the animal movies) by having MIL take them this summer, but they both liked it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

It's been a crazy day, and (look away, T) I've not packed anything but the non-fridge food. D's got some laundry in, and I did make my list, but haven't actually put a single thing in a suitcase. D sent me out before dinner to go to Sports Authority to look for new ski gloves (my menfolk gave me a gift cert) and then I picked up Indian food. Yum!

The boys are making me crazy, but they are brushing teeth to head to bed, so it will soon be quieter.

We won't leave until after noon tomorrow, so I may stop in. But, in case we're running like mad, hope you all have a good week! I'll miss you! I'm not even taking the computer because the rental house has no internet. I will still be able to get e-mails on the phone, but I couldn't use the computer at all last year, so I'm not even going to haul it. I may go through some shakes, but I hope I'll manage with a week off.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #3686
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
We have G-Force. Evan watches it all the time, it cracks him up. I, personally haven't seen it, but apparently both my kids love it.
The boys didn't see it either

Quote:
I
It's been a crazy day, and (look away, T) I've not packed anything but the non-fridge food. D's got some laundry in, and I did make my list, but haven't actually put a single thing in a suitcase. D sent me out before dinner to go to Sports Authority to look for new ski gloves (my menfolk gave me a gift cert) and then I picked up Indian food. Yum!
Plenty of time to pack

Quote:
We won't leave until after noon tomorrow, so I may stop in. But, in case we're running like mad, hope you all have a good week! I'll miss you! I'm not even taking the computer because the rental house has no internet. I will still be able to get e-mails on the phone, but I couldn't use the computer at all last year, so I'm not even going to haul it. I may go through some shakes, but I hope I'll manage with a week off.
Have a great time and be safe

++++++++++++++++++

Well the boys had a fabulous time, even though they didn't watch the movie. They played transformers, and power rangers, and then played super heroes using all of Jimmy's okd Halloween costumes. Oh, well they still had fun and Jimmy can watch the movie tomorrow.

Not much planned. Jimmyi s watching Boomerrang and will be heading to be shortly. I have to make the shpping list for tomorrow. Jim will do that and I will sped the day doing .

Hope you all have had a loverly Saturday!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #3687
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I used Kristel’s updates to catch up.

Lori, I hope you are feeling better.

Angela, I have never seen gooseberries, I have lived a sheltered life.

Jo, I like your suggestion about chocolate being good for a sore throat.

Cel Bel, I like all the bags, but I can’t choose, I am not a “bag” person. Don’t burn yourself out with the school work, make sure to take time to breathe.

Rose, I’m so sorry about the internet issues. That drives me insane!! I second Kristel’s suggestion about coming in October for Ip Dip. We definitely love to see you.

Janet, I hope to see many pictures from your trip. I bet it is beautiful there.

T, I hope you had productive cookies time.

CE, so sorry to hear your grandma isn’t doing well. Happy Birthday!

TAZ/Lori, great to see you here, it is foreign to me to go to Florida and not do go Disney.

TE, what do the goats think of the snow?

Mel, sorry about your weather, it has been a mess this year, hasn’t it?

Dawn, I can understand why you would be upset about the plane crash, I don’t live anywhere near there and it was very upsetting to me.

Hi Rachel and Z.

Kristel, I am glad to hear that Doug is improving, you are both in my prayers. We are getting a new desk soon and I will be putting it together. Good for you for putting the entertainment center together. Please don’t forget to take care of yourself.

Kat, I hope you got your “to do List” smaller.

Lori, I loved Lindsey’s 100 day shirt, it is really cute.

Rosie, wonderful pictures!

Flora, sorry about the wii game, I hope you get one that works.

CE, you will get it all packed, I hope you have a great time.

Janet, sounds like Jimmy had a great time. Wouldn’t get be great to just run around playing in old Halloween costumes?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

Since Bill dropped his last class because he had enough credits to graduate, we got a refund check. He bought an expensive TV remote with a touch screen. Sounds silly, but with his Cerebral Palsy it is much easier for him to use. We also bought a new desk with a hutch and a printer table to go with it. That makes him very happy.

As for things going on around here, Bill is a volunteer Regional Manager for an organization for persons with disabilities they had their first meeting here over a week ago. The coordinator came down, Bill got a person from the Secretary of States office to come and speak, and also got some people from the police department to come. A local TV station came and interviewed Bill. He was really happy with the exposure for the organization.

I put this on my TR that has ended, some of you might have seen it but I am reposting here too:

“As you can see by my ticker we are taking a short Disney trip in May, this will be to celebrate Bill graduating Graduate school. He worked so very hard to get his degree and ended up with a 3.84 gpa. That is no small feat when you have Cerebral Palsy. He had to fight his way through every class to earn the respect of the teachers and his classmates. He had to type all his papers with one finger. One finger typed his 32 page research paper.

He never gives up, he never gets down and he does as Walt used to say:

Keep moving forward

We are going to Nashville on the 13th, flying to Disney the next day. After we come back from Disney we are spending the night in Nashville, then driving to Pigeon Forge, TN to spend 4 nights with his parents at their vacation house. I think our dog will think we abandoned him. It makes me tired just thinking about it, but I want to celebrate Bill.

I just got an AP voucher so I have to get my money's worth out of it, right?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #3688
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Mrs. K-that's great about the trip (and Bill graduating). My brother has one of those remotes-I can definitely see how it would be good for someone with fine motor issues.
Mom and I took the nephews to see The Lion King in Boston last night-it was awesome, and the boys loved it (they're 14 and 10). I was buying them souvenirs, and I turned to Mordie and said "Is it me, or does this stand remind you of AKL?" Mordie replied "Yes, it does."
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #3689
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday CE!!!!!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #3690
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Then we went over to Best Buy and I bought Dance Revolution for the Wii. I couldn't wait to get it home and start dancing/working out. But, there's something wrong with it, so we have to take it back.
I don't know anything about that game, but I bought Just Dance and we have really had fun with it. I read about it on the DIS that people love doing it because it's like a workout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'll see about the TR. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. We're going out of town this weekend for our last competition so I have a ton to do before Friday monring.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: