Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #3661
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Evening Fockers!

I'm too tired to quote but I did read a few pages. Great update you did there CE!

Lindsey was cancelled today but there have been NO phone calls for tonight so I'm hoping, hoping, HOPING that she is good for tomorrow! They are supposed to have their 100 day party tomorrow (and I so have to laugh at that because really? 100 days? I don't think so). We had to make a t-shirt and she's excited to wear it. So, we'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

I had a field trip today for my MA class to a nursing home/assisted living place. It was nice and we had to interview people that lived there. I had two sweet little old ladies who were more than willing to talk. One of them reminded me so much of my mom. LOL I could have totally seen my mom there and just being Miss Talkative Busy Body like this lady was. It was a good time and a really nice place.

I'm off tomorrow and if I'm not feeling crappy then DR and I plan on going out on the road. As of right now though I just want to head to bed and sleep this crappy cold off.

So, I'm off to bed and hope tomorrow brings a good day. Night everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #3662
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Hey everyone! Dawn, may I offer you re the pilot? I can't imagine what it must be like to have that happen close to you.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #3663
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
HI Fockers!

Kristel - we had an Aldi's open sort of near here. I made it once, I loved the prices of the meat, (I tried their ground beef and boneless ribs). I hated the produce, what little there was. Was nervous about trying their brand for the other stuff. What's your opinion, I keep saying I should find the time to get back there, but if I went after work it's the opposite direction and on the weekends I am no where near there.

I'm glad you liked the meat. I don't buy much beef anywhere because I have a friend that raises cattle. I buy direct from her.

I love Aldis' shredded cheeses, cream cheese, American slices. We also get milk, eggs, butter and olive oil there because it is usually a lot cheaper than at our local grocers. I like most of their items over the Walmart brand-more flavor/better quality. The canned vegetables are also very good. I guess I'm saying that overall it is worth a the trip.

The produce at our Aldis is hit and miss. I guess it depends on when it is delivered. We get most of our 'good' vegies at Meijer. I don't know if you have any of those near you. Awesome produce.

Doug and I rarely shop the mainstream grocers any more. Usually if I need a cake or good pie I will go to them. Even their specials can't touch the prices at Walmart and Aldis. It's a little sad. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks for asking for my opinion.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #3664
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Good Morning, Focker Friends!

Z has been chilly and busy in Miami.
Hi Z!!! I am so over all this carp up here too! We have more headed our way this weekend!

LORI had the sniffles. Her DS had spots the other day. She thinks it was the laundry detergent. She had a field trip to an assisted living place. She had to interview some of the inhabitants for her schooling. She had a good time chatting with them.
I hope you are feeling better today. Your poor baby. I can’t use cheap bleach-only Clorox. I thought bleach was bleach but every time I get an off-brand, I get a rash.
Gooseberries grow on a bush. We have 3 bushes. If you like rhubarb pie, then you will like gooseberry pie. They are tart and light green. If you want the recipe, I can give it to you. It’s not hard at all to whip one up.

ANGELA is hunting for gooseberries. Mitch got the taxes done just in time to pay some bills.
Did you find any gooseberries? Maybe in October we could meet at DTD and I can give you a couple of baggies-full. We’ll have 3 more bush-fuls by then!

FLO had the joy of full time, kid time this week. They went to ‘Fun Junction’ yesterday. They are going to Howe Caverns this weekend.
It sounds like you are doing OK this week!

JO is playing golf in her thermal undies. The girls were off school this week. She claims chocolate is good for a sore throat. Senator Jo?
Your golf game wouldn’t be much better here. I’m glad you made it to your mum’s. To be a senator, all you have to do is be able to take bribes and lie. Can you do that?

CEL BEL is having a tough term in school. Lots of heavy classes. She wants a new bag, post #3654.
Good luck with school. You didn’t give us long to help you with the decision on the bag. I do like the black/white.

LESSA is having all her mid-terms at school. She is helping a friend with Disney planning.
I know you will do well on all the tests. I hope your friend has a great time. With your help, she can’t go wrong.

KAT didn’t get lost in laundrypalooza. She is still dealing with bug hell. She had her census test on Wed. She passed. She has a friend from NC staying with her Friday night.
I’m sorry about the bug thing. What a major pain. Congrats on passing the test. I don't care about the birthday thing as long as it doesn't bother anyone else. Mine is May 25th.

ROSIE might as well just move in permanently at WDW. She was having internet problems again.
Hey there!!! Why don’t you come in October instead of Sept.? The IP-DIPS would love to see you.

JANET will be in Williamsburg Aug. 16-19! She wants everyone to know, especially Jimmy’s teachers, that she is not Betty Crocker.
Take lots of pictures at Williamsburg. I’ve only seen a few from other people. How old would Betty Crocker be right now?

T had a romantic V-day at the Museum of Natural History. Cookie time is happening this weekend. They may get soggy.
Oh No! Cookies should only get soggy in milk. Rain is no good. Good luck.

CE was grouch of ‘Fat Tuesday’. She has been doing a lot of thinking about the boys and tennis lessons. They are doing karate. Her grandma is not doing well.
Big hugs for you. I’m so sorry to hear about your grandma.

TAZ/Lorrie has come out to play! Her DH gets to go to Miami today. No Disney. Just business.
Hey, don’t I know you from somewhere? You are more than welcome to join in the madness. We are glad to have you.
Is there really any other reason to go to Florida? J/K my Florida Fockers.

TE was snowed in. I bet the goats are not happy at all!
Can’t you train those goats to help you with the groceries?

MEL checked in. She says the weather sucks. She had the MIL with her for a spell. Now she’s headed back to the gym.
Hey stranger!!! Glad you are well. Happy belated Birthday to SD! Wow 17! Did you have to medicate yourself?

DAWN popped in to say something about friends and 20 days and then she was gone. She is upset about the plane crash.
Big hugs to you too! Yay on the trip!

RACHEL is back!
We missed you. I hope all is well with you!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@
Work, work, work, I am now working 6 nights in a row starting tonight. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Doug had his 2nd infusion yesterday. I only had 3 hrs of sleep before we left. It went well. It took about an hour total. We have to wait for his blood pressure to go down before they will start the infusion. That usually takes about 15 minutes. The infusion itself takes about 30 minutes. We watched Bolt while we were there. Let's hope the results are even better with this treatment. He is still improving every day.

I hadn't eaten so we went to Red Robin on the north side of Indianapolis. This was the first time we had eaten at one. It was excellent! I am not a huge fan of steak fries-their's were awesome! The waitress even gave us an order of the garlic-parmesan fries for free. So good!!! Our burgers were also very good. I was absolutely stuffed. It is a bit pricey for a burger joint, but I have to say, it was worth every penny.

Am I the endorsement queen today or what???

I did get my new entertainment center yesterday. I am in the process of putting it all together. I have the other side unit to finish yet. I will take pics when I am done. I am very happy with it. However, I have discovered that now I need more stuff. They will be a bit bare for a while.

I crashed from 8PM to midnight. I laid my head down on the pillows on the couch and was out-BOOM! Doug hates it when I do that. Oh well.

I don't know when I will get back. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by lazydoxy66; 02-19-2010 at 02:40 AM. Reason: I'm tired.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #3665
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Doug had his 2nd infusion yesterday. I only had 3 hrs of sleep before we left. It went well.
Glad it went well!

Quote:
I did get my new entertainment center yesterday. I am in the process of putting it all together. I have the other side unit to finish yet. I will take pics when I am done. I am very happy with it. However, I have discovered that now I need more stuff. They will be a bit bare for a while.
Isn't that always the way?

Hope you make it through your busy week. I won't see you for a while, likely.

One of these days I'll get a good night's sleep. D started laundry after I ran a load of the boys' stuff, and right before a good, normal bedtime, I went down to change it over. The boys' stuff wasn't even close to dry. I don't know if D didn't put it in for long enough or if it was just a big load or what, but then I felt like I should wait to change it over so that D's stuff would get dry overnight.

Anyway, that put me to bed really late. I don't know if I should go to the grocery today or just wait until tomorrow. Part of me worries that the lunch meats and salads and stuff should wait as long as possible, as we could be eating them a full week from today, you know? But then I don't want to be crazy tomorrow - and yet we don't leave until after noon on Sunday, so it's not so bad to wait.

D is doing both the Friday tennis classes, then has a meeting at work, then will come back to go out tonight. I will probably take the boys to karate at 5:15 - we went ahead and paid up starting yesterday, so we might as well get one or two in before we go for a week (don't know why I didn't say, can we wait until the 1st? - oh well.)

I need to get coffee and get dressed. I'm only doing the one class, but it's first.

Have a good start to your Friday, folks!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #3666
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Good morning Fockers Just a quick pop in to say hi
Busy at work, Cub scouts tonight, and then Cub SCout invasion of my house tomorrow. May take off a bit early today so that I can get some luandry and straightening done before the meeting tonight.

Lorrie - Does DH have to go out of town often to pick up custody's?

CE - Get the shopping done today

Dawn -was where the plane crashed close to you?

Kristel -Keeping fingers crossed for Doug

Hi Heather

Hi to anyone I missed

Have a great day!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #3667
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:

I love Aldis' shredded cheeses, cream cheese, American slices. We also get milk, eggs, butter and olive oil there because it is usually a lot cheaper than at our local grocers. I like most of their items over the Walmart brand-more flavor/better quality. The canned vegetables are also very good. I guess I'm saying that overall it is worth a the trip.

The produce at our Aldis is hit and miss. I guess it depends on when it is delivered. We get most of our 'good' vegies at Meijer. I don't know if you have any of those near you. Awesome produce.

We have an ALDIs near us. I always go there around the holidays for all my baking supplies. They are so much cheaper than all the stores around here. My Walmart has limited groceries and is more expensive than ALDIs. I have always called it the "stinky store" though. Somethng in that store makes my nose itch and it has a slight odor. Their produce is rarely any good but I have a place called Produce Junction that is really cheap and usually pretty good.

Quote:

TAZ/Lorrie has come out to play! Her DH gets to go to Miami today. No Disney. Just business.
Hey, don’t I know you from somewhere? You are more than welcome to join in the madness. We are glad to have you.
Is there really any other reason to go to Florida? J/K my Florida Fockers.

Doug had his 2nd infusion yesterday. I only had 3 hrs of sleep before we left. It went well. It took about an hour total.
I hadn't eaten so we went to Red Robin on the north side of Indianapolis.
Yes I have come out to play and feel right at home. We have had so much snow that right now anyplace with sun and warmth is welcome.

I know what you mean about an empty entertainment center. We redid the downstairs and I got an awesome buy on one off of craigslist. I just don't have anything in it yet other than the TV and a few pictures.

I'm glad Doug is showing some improvement. We have a Red Robin very close to me also and I have never gone there, now I want to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Lorrie - Does DH have to go out of town often to pick up custody's?
He is out of town a lot. He does out of county runs almost everyday but they are close. At least once a week he is out towards the Pittsburgh or Erie area. He has been to Utah, San Francisco, Kentucky, and Florida a lot over the past year. He has 3 years left for the DROP program so I know that this will end soon. I have a big dog so I don't mind being home alone. The flying trips don't bother me as much as the long road trips. He has run into a few Kamikaze deer on the road. He has actually had deer run onto the road right into the van. Thankfully there have never been any serious encounters. The passengers are quick to sue. He worked a 26 hour shift a couple of weeks ago because they ran over a dead deer and all the passengers were conspiring on getting their story straight for the rest of the trip. They all claimed injuries when they got to the jail here but told the cops how wonderful the sheriffs were avoiding an accident. Then they claimed they were in a hit and run accident and they wanted the sheriff's charged. They do not deal with the brightest people but you know that.

++++++++++++++++
Oh well my DGS will be home from preschool soon so I will get nothing done now. Talk to you all later.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #3668
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

happy friday!

i dont even know where the week went!

Just catching up a bit while I wait for the tow truck. my car wouldnt turn over this morning, and so i'm taking it to the shop...again. this is the 4th time in the past 6 months!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #3669
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Just a quick drive by as I eat...

more snow in the forecast

I love Red Robin's, aren't any around here anymore though, but they are yummy!

Janet, do you know if there is still one near Hershey near the outlets?

TGIF
Old 02-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #3670
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just a quick Hi I am again at the library!! Not much time but am trying to update my TR daily if possible !!! Winkers is on the alert for some exaggeration of our Antics as if I would !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #3671
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you are feeling better today. Your poor baby. I canít use cheap bleach-only Clorox. I thought bleach was bleach but every time I get an off-brand, I get a rash.
Gooseberries grow on a bush. We have 3 bushes. If you like rhubarb pie, then you will like gooseberry pie. They are tart and light green. If you want the recipe, I can give it to you. Itís not hard at all to whip one up.
I'm feeling a little better but I've also slept most of the morning. My grandma has made rhubarb/strawberry pie before and it is sooooo good! Never tried goosberry but it does sound good.

Glad Doug is showing improvement! And I get ya on the whole entertainment center thing. We got a new TV stand a few weeks ago and I want to get new things to match it. We got a new couch but we still need other things. It'll get done eventually.

Hi to all Fockers this afternoon! Lindsey actually had school today and I need to run to pick her up in a few minutes and I'm just checking in for the day.

I slept on the couch pretty much all morning and am feeling a little better. This head cold is just driving me nuts!

Not much planned for us tonight other than watching the Olympics and maybe some kind of movie.

Have a good Friday everyone!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #3672
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

feel better lori!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #3673
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hey everyone! The to-do list is LONG today. We have to get this place back to normal-ish by tonight when our friend comes.

The debugging went well. the guy spent an hour spraying everything down. He told us he had seen cases that were much much much worse so we felt better after that. We ended up in starbucks for a few hours then did the rest of the laundry and went home. When the exterminator needed to spray in our outlet we tried popping the plate off and blew the circuit for the whole apartment! So the useless super had t come fix it. The outlet was soooo old it was nuts! So at that point we put the bed back to normal and slept for a few hours.

Today we have to do the rest of getting things cleaned. We have to lvie out of bags for 2 weeks so that should be LOADS of fun. Then we get to do this all again in 2 weeks.

Also turns out the ridiculous realty company called the girl upstairs , whom we left the note for, and bad mouthed me. I want to kill this woman. BUT we have made a new friend in the neighbor upstairs because of this so thats cool. Turns out she works for NY State Housing and has filled a complaint and the whole building is being investigated now! I am so excited!

Anyways the list is calling my name....gotta get it done.

Happy Friday!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 02-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #3674
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Dawn -was where the plane crashed close to you?
The plane took off from an airport about 15 mins from our house and the crash site was about 15 mins the other way. We essentially live in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Hey everyone! Dawn, may I offer you re the pilot? I can't imagine what it must be like to have that happen close to you.
Thanks. It could have been so much worse. The only fatality was the pilot.

Sorry I haven't check in really... We're still in the middle of dance competition frenzy. Next weekend is our last weekend of competitions. Then we are in the single digit countdown!!!

The plan is to stay at POR for 5 nights starting the 10th, then switching to BLT for a week. We have lots of fun things planned... Hmmm.... Maybe I should do a PTR/TR?
We'll see....
Old 02-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #3675
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
The plan is to stay at POR for 5 nights starting the 10th, then switching to BLT for a week. We have lots of fun things planned... Hmmm.... Maybe I should do a PTR/TR?
We'll see....
The TR mod says you should.

Hi, everyone!

I've been reading along all day, but didn't quote.

Lori, glad Linds had school. Janet, hope you get by with the Scouts! And, I'm sorry, but I'm forgetting whatever else I read. I know Sam said hi.

I got laid out by a totally nasty migraine after the tennis class and essentially was out cold on the couch all afternoon. I did more or less recover by the time the kids got home. For once I didn't hem and haw about whether it was bad enough to take the migraine meds, and gee, it helped to take them at the start (as they say to do... ) Who knew?

Anyway, once they came home I did scramble a bit to do laundry and a little cleaning. I took them to karate, and whilst they were there, I went and returned stuff to the library and got gas and dinner for the kids.

Karate went well, D & I got home at essentially the same time, and then we went out. Tara & her DH joined us. We went local, good Italian, and it was yummy! We're home relatively early, but decided it was just as easy to come home and have some wine than go out and worry about driving.

But, since I was dealing with the headache, I did NOT get groceries, which is a little too bad. I think D will take the boys to karate in the morning whilst I sleep in (for my b-day!) and then I'll go - basketball isn't until 2:00. With the laundry I did, we should be good to pack quickly.

We're doing some more catching up on DVRed stuff, so I hope everyone has a good night!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: