Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #3646
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Just saying Hi. I had a fun morning I had to take my daughter to a preliminary hearing for an identity theft she helped ID. My daughters work at PARX racetrack and the older one caught an identity thief 3 years ago. She has almost no memory of it because she catches a bad credit card at least once a week. We spent the whole morning waiting for the case to be called and then they didn't call her to testify.
I can now relax until I have to pick my DGD up from school. My daughter can't get there walking with the double stroller because there is too much sidewalk that hasn't been shoveled yet. She is going too because I tore a ligament in my foot and climbing snowbanks isn't fun.
Janet do you really think the schools will be granted a waiver? They weren't in 1996 and the kids went to school until June 30th. I know the teachers balk at Easter break being taken away because a lot of them have travel plans that week. It may have changed since I was involved in the school however. I know how your husband feels about parents showing up. There were many nights that I was the only parent for anything so I really got to know the teachers at my kids schools.
Now I'm off to try and get my schoolwork done. I hate internet courses.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #3647
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Sounds good. How often will karate be?
It's one of the things that I need to ask about today, but I *think* most of the places around here have you pay a monthly fee, then you go as much as you want. There are classes for their age group 5 days a week. I think it's Monday at Friday from 4:15 - 5:00, T/Th from 5:15 to 6:00, then Sat. mornings... I definitely want to get 2/week in for the price, 3 would be better, but might be tougher to do, especially as baseball kicks in.

It works out to be nearly the same price per month as tennis was, but if you can get 3 times the instruction, well...

Quote:
The school district put in for a waiver of having to make up the snow days. They should know something next week. People are hopeful since the GOvernor declared a state of emergency. If they deny it, it looks like they are going to take part of Easter Break, Election ay, and 2 half days instead of adding days on to the end of the school year, which I like so much better
Hope it works out. We tried to get out of making up the ice storm days last year and were denied, but they did take back a teacher conference day and President's Day last year, to not add so many in June. That worked out just fine.

Quote:
CE - You really need to get out more
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Obviously the chief export of Canada is hockey players!

I would probably go with oil and natural gas.
That's my guess. I'm gonna Google it. Yep, petroleum products, followed by cars (???) and then car parts, which I do get - D used to fly a lot of car parts from Windsor to Mexico and back in his cargo days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Just to let you know I'm safely at my Mum's because I know how you all worry
Oh, good. How's Nan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Hi Peeps!

Just poppin' in to say Good Morning. I'm off to Kindergarten and then to 2nd grade... oh fun, fun, fun!

Later!
Have fun! I need to actually go by the office before I get in the pick up line, myself. Glad you reminded me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Yea, because you aren't busy most days.
Well, OK... I have a busier day in store. Though now it's half done.

Quote:
I've been reading the blog of a soldier's wife whose husband died in Iraq. It's an older blog and she started it a year after he died as therapy but also for her son who was 10 months old when his father died. It's very heartfelt with some sadness, but not too much. She's talking about her two year old son having to pay $4400 in taxes from his father's death benefits. Like I said, it's an older post, but if that is still true, that makes me ill. I know we all pay taxes, but I think there needs to be exceptions. Like when your father dies fighting for our country! Someone posted a comment that her husband chose to do that job and she should be glad she received anything. Stepping off my soapbox now.
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel3 View Post
just stopping by to say hello! that is, if anyone remembers me. lol just been very busy. i keep up with facebook on my phone, but it's too hard to keep up here with the phone and i haven't had much time for the computer.

so, how is everyone? hope all is well. if anyone would like to give cliff notes, i would love it.

hopefully, i will be able to check in more often.
Hi, Rachel! It must be missing Focker week!!! We miss you. Hope all is well!

Umm... Winter weather has been a big factor for everyone, and Jo's at her mum's for her Nan's 90th birthday. Kristel's working a lot this week, her DH is having more treatments, too.

T is buried in Girl Scout cookies. TE and Janet have been buried in snow. I have not. Angela's dealing with Mitch's upcoming deployment and got her pool fixed. Z's busy at work, Lessa's busy with school and work, Lori's busy with school and her kids never going to school because of snow. Dawn's busy with dance. Kat's dealing with mounds of laundry due to a bed bug issue, and hopes to go work for the census.

Mo's planning some trips, Rosie's just back from WDW, and you, Mel, DM and Michelle have all been back to TFW this week, which is exciting! V's been away for the holiday weekend, but has been pretty busy with work and hasn't been posting as much.

Forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone - just going on pure memory here.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #3648
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Now I'm off to try and get my schoolwork done. I hate internet courses.
What are you studying? Be careful of the snowbanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #3649
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

FYI, I just got a code for free QSDP from now through 7/3. Free dining might be hitting year round at this point...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #3650
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

good day fockers!

I need some help deciding on a new messenger bag for school, but my sister has been no help. I'm in love with harveys seatbelt bags and marc had gotten me a disney bag for christmas.

Now i'm trying to decide between these:

Which do you guys like? Is another disney too much?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #3651
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
good day fockers!

I need some help deciding on a new messenger bag for school, but my sister has been no help. I'm in love with harveys seatbelt bags and marc had gotten me a disney bag for christmas.

Both very cute! But you came to the wrong place to be talked out of Disney stuff...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #3652
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

of course if i went with the plainer black and white bag i already have plans to disney it up. I'd put some of my favorite pins in the squares.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #3653
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
of course if i went with the plainer black and white bag i already have plans to disney it up. I'd put some of my favorite pins in the squares.
Oh, that's a cool idea, too. Well, I'm no help.

D just got back from his stuff, so now we have to decide if we both are actually going to the karate thing. He wants to take the boys out to shop for my b-day, I guess, but I don't know if he'd rather we both go to karate, then bring me home, then go, or just go by himself and go shopping from there. If he goes alone, my day is done and I've NOT been too busy - but I need to list my questions that need answering before we get all signed up.

As a side note, it's 43 and sunny - practically balmy!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #3654
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
It's only 56 here. Something so wrong with that.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #3655
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Having internet problems again !!This time they are sending a tech out to fix it and PROMISE we wont have the problems again !!!
So if I'm not around much you will know why!!

Forgot I started my TR !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #3656
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Obviously the chief export of Canada is hockey players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Rob & I are taking the kids to Fun Junction today.
Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Just to let you know I'm safely at my Mum's because I know how you all worry
Thanks for letting us know, becasue you know we would track you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Just poppin' in to say Good Morning. I'm off to Kindergarten and then to 2nd grade... oh fun, fun, fun!
Wow, you are going from Kindergarten to 2nd grade. You must be really smart

Quote:
Someone posted a comment that her husband chose to do that job and she should be glad she received anything. Stepping off my soapbox now.
I'd still be on the soapbox for this comment!

Quote:
just stopping by to say hello! that is, if anyone remembers me.
We do, we do

[QUOTE=tazdev3225;35486078]We spent the whole morning waiting for the case to be called and then they didn't call her to testify. [/QUOTE}

Our criminal justice system at work

Quote:

You are good

Quote:
FYI, I just got a code for free QSDP from now through 7/3. Free dining might be hitting year round at this point...
I think it will be too for a while. Their numbers dropped big time last year!

Quote:
Both very cute! But you came to the wrong place to be talked out of Disney stuff...

Quote:
Here too, but they are calling for another storm of some sort Monday into Tuesday

Quote:
Mom said it's been really cold!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #3657
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Having internet problems again !!This time they are sending a tech out to fix it and PROMISE we wont have the problems again !!!

Good luck - I hope they get it fixed!

Quote:
Here too, but they are calling for another storm of some sort Monday into Tuesday
See, I quit checking the weather here because I'll be gone, and snow on the ski hill is good (so is the fact that the rental house has a plow guy - it dumped 24 inches on us on our first night there last year, so we know...) It does beg the question of how we get back into our house, though, when we get back. So I guess I should check.

Karate went really well - we signed up for six months, so I hope they do like it. I guess that's pretty standard. I did go, then we all came back, the boys did their homework, and now they're out.

D has decided they'll go out to dinner. Woody asked if I would go to dinner with them after they shopped. Sweet. D says he'll call me, but it kind of depends on where they go - if they're further away, I don't see driving another car to meet them, nice as it is to be wanted.

D & I are going out tomorrow night, for sure, so I need to think about that. I also haven't done any of my "going away" tasks like holding the mail and paper. Need to get on that... I finally did make the grocery list for my dinners up there, so that's good. I should, in fact, go put together the pizza casserole and get it in the freezer - I have some free time, and I have everything to do it. Hmmm.

Well, guess I'll go do that. I'm not so glad I thought of something else to do!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #3658
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Meh...

I'm borrowing Kat's word.

I've been sitting way too long today watching the coverage about the plane crash here. I just don't understand having so much anger built up that you would set out to hurt and kill people.

I'm thankful that the pilot's family wasn't home when he set their house on fire and that it seems like no one is too badly hurt. The news is reporting only two people were transported to the hospital and one to the army's burn center in SA. Obviously, the pilot is dead.

Anyway, just thinking about how blessed we all are today.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #3659
Flora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
just stopping by to say hello! that is, if anyone remembers me. lol just been very busy. i keep up with facebook on my phone, but it's too hard to keep up here with the phone and i haven't had much time for the computer.

so, how is everyone? hope all is well. if anyone would like to give cliff notes, i would love it.

hopefully, i will be able to check in more often.
Hi Rachel. I don't think I know you but I'm an "old" Focker who went astray and find herself back.

Quote:
Mo's planning some trips, Rosie's just back from WDW, and you, Mel, DM and Michelle have all been back to TFW this week, which is exciting! V's been away for the holiday weekend, but has been pretty busy with work and hasn't been posting as much.

Holy ba-goly! I can't remember from one post to the next.

Quote:
OMG! Really??? All I keep thinking about is next year, next year, please be good deals next year.

Quote:
good day fockers!

I like the plain B&W one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post

Are you going to make me search for it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Meh...

I'm borrowing Kat's word.

I've been sitting way too long today watching the coverage about the plane crash here. I just don't understand having so much anger built up that you would set out to hurt and kill people.

I'm thankful that the pilot's family wasn't home when he set their house on fire and that it seems like no one is too badly hurt. The news is reporting only two people were transported to the hospital and one to the army's burn center in SA. Obviously, the pilot is dead.

Anyway, just thinking about how blessed we all are today.
I just read it on yahoo. OMG.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 PM   #3660
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Quote:
What are you studying? Be careful of the snowbanks!
I'm taking criminal justice classes. This semester it's Police Operations. I have no plans to use it but with a sheriff and a correctional officer in the family it makes sense.
I am trying really hard to stay away from snowbanks but they are stiil really deep. I hate snow and now we may be getting another foot next week. I just keep telling myself it will all be gone soon. I signed the grandkids up for baseball today so there is hope.

Quote:
Our criminal justice system at work
Yep, hurry up and wait. Then leave. That was why Jim (DH) was thrilled to get out of the courts and get on the road.

++++++++++++++++

We are buried under snow and more is coming. Jim gets to go to Miami tomorrow. He doesn't like Florida except for Disney, he loves snow and he gets to go to the sun. Does he take me? No! Of course he is picking up a custody so his bosses won't let him. I get to stay home and watch the grandkids. The baby is fun though now that she is starting to talk a little.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: