Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #3616
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I thought Jo was the birthday keeper But it is fine with me...mine is June 21st!
I was but kind of got lax when we posted on FB

Quote:
That's how all politicians appear in public
Well he was very good at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Mitch is from Mississippi. Maybe he knows him too!
Maybe
Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #3617
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]
I'm sorry CE. We went through a bad hump with my Babuskha (grandma) last summer with her being diagnosed with a colon tumor. Surgery went through okay, and now she has a colostomy, but she's getting weaker and weaker. My grandma CA had passed from colon cancer, and this is very worrisome.
Yeah. Her husband had a urostomy, then eventually succumbed to lung cancer. She has COPD and has gone through a lot this year. It's not unexpected, it's just still kind of sad.

Quote:
Rob and I have a date night finally. Well, strike that. It's really a date "afternoon" We're going to see "Shutter Island" as a matinee this Friday and out to dinner at a great Italian place called Santangelo's. My parents are watching the kids. I can't wait, as I can't even remember the last time I saw an R-rated film out. The closest we came was seeing the new "Star Trek" but we brought the boys.
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I'm so sorry CE, how old is she? And as you say it's tough on the people around her
She's 83 (her b-day is in August.) She's actually lasted so far a lot longer than I expected after my grandpa passed. My mom's on the phone now, but Buzz won't get off the phone, so I can't get a read yet on what she really thinks about the options...

Quote:
David is home early so football (soccer) is now on the tele I lov him loads but would rathe watch something else
Do you get decent Olympics coverage? The only thing I want to watch, that I KNOW is live right now, is going to be time-delayed until tonight. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Yes, senator is pretty high---only 2 per state so 100 overall and they have 7 year terms so if you don't like them, you're stuck.
Psst, it's 6 years...

Quote:
CE---regarding tube feeding--it's a difficult decision but here's my professional 2 cents--
there are several options for folks like her--I would recommend a PEG tube that is a small tube in the stomach--not visible from the outside. She can have either "bolus" feedings where she pours a can in it several times a day....or night time feedings---just hook up to a pump at night cut it off during the day. The 2nd works great for busier people but both can handle any schedule. I like the night time feeding in my nursing home so they can do therapy in the day time. I've had quite a few get their strength back and either be able to have surgery to correct their problem or go home and lead a relatively normal life.

Ask me any ?s---I deal with this on a daily basis!
OK, thank you. As I said, I want to talk to Mom, but the kid won't get off the phone. He seems to be relaying the whole plot of Monsters vs. Aliens.

Anyway... We'll be in touch.

Oops, on the phone with Mom as we type. That would be the type of tube. The biggest issue - this is coming from the head RN at the home - sounds like it would be the social stuff - she barely wants to leave the room as it is, and if she's not forced to go eat with the group... And Mom thinks she worries so much about EVERYTHING that she'd still lay there in bed overnight, worried about it disconnecting and so forth.

But, we'll see.

Thanks, TE.

Quote:
Mississippi is that spelt right?
Yes, very good!

Quote:
Daran's plane made it to Charlotte---let's see if the next one can make it here....snowing hard
Hope he makes it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #3618
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
No Moms Panel or anything and don't get me started on websites, the link to the US WDW site has been broken on the UK site for almost a year now and I can't say anything else There is a DLRP section of the DIS which I'm sure could help you
No way?? It's been broken that long?? That's ridiculous! You'd think they want business!
I'll check out the DIS....not sure why I didn't think of that---I don't stray too far away from here anymore--it's sceery!

+++++++++++++

wow--it's snowing hard---BA just called her grandma and asked to spend the nite...she's really bored....

+++++++++++

Janet---school is now ending 6/11 and that's the last day it's supposed to be without state intervention....we leave for Paris on the 16th.........tickets are booked.........

++++++++++++
snowing REALLY hard....

+++++++++
anyone been to Fort Lauderdale?? I found a Courtyard near the Port....but I've never been there. Wanting a spot near airport and port....and a good restaurant for the nite...since we won't be eating much on the boat!

++++++++++++++++++

and dang it.....I was planning a tax refund to pay off this cruise...and so far we owe $1000

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 02-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #3619
Flora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mississippi is that spelt right?
Quote:
M-I-crooked letter crooked letter-I-crooked letter crooked letter-I- hump back hump back- I

yep--you're right! that's the way we learned to spell it!
Darn you TE! I quoted Jo to say the EXACT same thing you just did! That's how I learned it also.

Quote:
Sounds like fun. I don't think Jim and I have seen agrown up movie in a theater since we had Jimmy
I totally feel for ya!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #3620
Flora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
anyone been to Fort Lauderdale?? I found a Courtyard near the Port....but I've never been there. Wanting a spot near airport and port....and a good restaurant for the nite...since we won't be eating much on the boat!
My friend Cheryl has a condo in Ft. Lauderdale. She's also a travel agent. I can ask her about it. Or I can give you her name on FB for you to add. She's a DISer.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #3621
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Darn you TE! I quoted Jo to say the EXACT same thing you just did! That's how I learned it also.

I totally feel for ya!
gotta love public education!
Quote:
My friend Cheryl has a condo in Ft. Lauderdale. She's also a travel agent. I can ask her about it. Or I can give you her name on FB for you to add. She's a DISer.

==========going to check on Daran's flight....

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 02-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #3622
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Do you get decent Olympics coverage? The only thing I want to watch, that I KNOW is live right now, is going to be time-delayed until tonight. Sigh.
We do but a lot of it is whilst we sleep

Quote:
I'll check out the DIS....not sure why I didn't think of that---I don't stray too far away from here anymore--it's sceery!

Quote:
wow--it's snowing hard---BA just called her grandma and asked to spend the nite...she's really bored....
Can you still get out OK? How about grocery shopping and stuff?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #3623
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cool. When are you going?
We leave Sunday afternoon - we have the house from Sunday late p.m. until early Saturday morning. We'll just drive up - it's about 4 hours to where we go - and settle in Sunday. So far, the plan is skiing Monday/Tuesday, maybe take a day off Wed. Look at the weather, then probably ski Thursday, not Friday, then pack up Saturday morning, go ski, then drive home from the ski area as we have to be out of the house for good.

The men would ski every day, but the other women & I are on the same page about liking it, but not loving it all day, every day. The kids would likely say they want to go every day, but also probably would be just too worn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
CE,
Thanks.

Gotta get off to tennis. I can't decide if I want to work out or just sauna/sit. I should work out, but as I did end up having to do some stuff in the karate trial yesterday, I feel justified in taking today off. Plus, I did do some active stuff at school today... Sounds like I've made my choice...
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #3624
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
We do but a lot of it is whilst we sleep

Can you still get out OK? How about grocery shopping and stuff?
I parked my explorer at the bottom of the mountain last nite and walked up...so I could get out if I really wanted to...couldn't get groceries yesterday cause I didnt want to carry them uphill...but I'm ok. Daran's parents are coming here to pick her up...and his plane is still scheduled to take off in 4 minutes.....then he can plow the driveway tonite!

+++++++++++++

Skiing is hard.
I took 2 lessons last Friday and finally got up enough nerve to get on the lift with the instructor.....asked if I could ride it back down..........was told NO.......and then basically tumbled down a green slope.......on the plus side, my thighs got a great work out from learning to "pizza wedge" down the slope!

...of course Daran and BA just skiied all around me....I went back to the lodge with Ab who also found snowboarding difficult.....

Old 02-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #3625
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hola!

I have been totally wrapped up in the Olympics the past few days in case you haven't noticed on Facebook.

I know NBC is having pretty crud coverage. If you want to watch the events live try this link. www.ctvolympics.ca I am pretty sure that their Olympics coverage works worldwide.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #3626
Flora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Gotta get off to tennis. I can't decide if I want to work out or just sauna/sit. I should work out, but as I did end up having to do some stuff in the karate trial yesterday, I feel justified in taking today off. Plus, I did do some active stuff at school today... Sounds like I've made my choice...
Sheesh. I feel like I've been through a workout reading your posts! I'm seriously thinking about joining the YMCA and starting to work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Hola!

I have been totally wrapped up in the Olympics the past few days in case you haven't noticed on Facebook.

I know NBC is having pretty crud coverage. If you want to watch the events live try this link. www.ctvolympics.ca I am pretty sure that their Olympics coverage works worldwide.
I think NBCs coverage is fine for what I want to watch. I turn it on in the evenings and watch it until whenever they end - midnight or so.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #3627
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Skiing is hard.
I took 2 lessons last Friday and finally got up enough nerve to get on the lift with the instructor.....asked if I could ride it back down..........was told NO.......and then basically tumbled down a green slope.......on the plus side, my thighs got a great work out from learning to "pizza wedge" down the slope!

...of course Daran and BA just skiied all around me....I went back to the lodge with Ab who also found snowboarding difficult.....
D & Woody want to take a snowboarding lesson this coming week. I don't feel like I need to add something else I'm bad at to the mix.

Quote:
Sheesh. I feel like I've been through a workout reading your posts! I'm seriously thinking about joining the YMCA and starting to work out.
I've been relatively good lately - I played tennis 6 out of 7 days last week - but my schedule's screwy now that yesterday was off. I'll play tomorrow and Friday, though - then of course there's all that skiing next week.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #3628
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I passed the census test. so now i wait until they maybe call.

Then the super knocked on the door asking if I wanted him to spray my house. UM NO AHOLE! So after the girl on the phone telling me she takes care of things blah blah blah, he finally does what she said he did days ago. I have long since realized they are unprofessional but outright lying to your tenants is just flippin ridiculous!

Needless to say I am cranky.

And KC apparently has work to do at home tonight, and we have to move every piece of furniture in the house and vacuum everything by tomorrow too. JOY. At least there's leftovers for dinner.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #3629
LurrrvtheDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Hola!

Me too!

Just watched Shawn Davis win Gold!
Waiting for to see Apolo Ohno, Shaun White and Lindsey Vonn. Fun night for Olympics!

Maelle Ricker had an awesome snowboard run yesterday. So sad for Lindsey Jacobellis though, poor girl.

Kat: if you want that task, fine with me. Mine's April 17
Yay on your census exam!

CE: for your family on that difficult decision

T: I've never heard of Shamrock shakes, then again not a big McD's fan.

Angela: I've been reading a book called E-mail to the front by Alesia Holliday about a wife's e-mails w/ her husband, you might like it. Yay on the pool! Is it warm enough to go in it though?

DM: let us know how Shutter Island is...I saw the previews and think I know the ending. I feel like reading the book first though.

Um I can't remember anymore....Hi everyone I may have missed!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone!

Crazy day at work yesterday (as predicted). FYI try to not go to the hospital after a holiday.

Had today off and got to sleep in . Then just have just been having a lazy day. Gonna try to sneak in some scrapbooking to finish an album I have.

Ok back to Olympics!

Self Proclaimed Team Focker Movie Watcher
Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #3630
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Yeah. Her husband had a urostomy, then eventually succumbed to lung cancer. She has COPD and has gone through a lot this year. It's not unexpected, it's just still kind of sad.

Have fun!

She's 83 (her b-day is in August.) She's actually lasted so far a lot longer than I expected after my grandpa passed. My mom's on the phone now, but Buzz won't get off the phone, so I can't get a read yet on what she really thinks about the options...

Psst, it's 6 years...

OK, thank you. As I said, I want to talk to Mom, but the kid won't get off the phone. He seems to be relaying the whole plot of Monsters vs. Aliens.

Anyway... We'll be in touch.

Oops, on the phone with Mom as we type. That would be the type of tube. The biggest issue - this is coming from the head RN at the home - sounds like it would be the social stuff - she barely wants to leave the room as it is, and if she's not forced to go eat with the group... And Mom thinks she worries so much about EVERYTHING that she'd still lay there in bed overnight, worried about it disconnecting and so forth.

But, we'll see.

Thanks, TE.

Yes, very good!

Hope he makes it!
missed this post earlier

Talk to her doctor about her social anxieties--she may certainly need some meds which can improve her quality of life greatly. Also I would speak to the activities director---I talk to ours daily and we work out plans for specific residents--some are very social and never miss BINGO or my classes! And others like small groups---we have volunteers that come and read to them in small groups or individually and we have church singings every night so many enjoy that. For our memory impaired, we have diversional activities more suited for them---oddly enough, the ladies in that group enjoy sorting laundry! Tell your mom not to feel guilty either--it's often harder on the family when their loved one is in a facility--but 9 times out of 10, they do much better and are more socially active than they would be at home. Make sure she has a good room mate too---ours form lasting bonds and they look after each other (and then sometimes they annoy the crap outta each other!) Social workers help with that!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: