Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 AM   #3016
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

He never phoned but did turn up about 20 minutes ago and it's all done, one of the electrodes was cracked. It means though that I can do stuff
Old 01-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #3017
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Morning All !! Off to get my Disney papers this morning !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #3018
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Please send some prayers and Hugs to my friend Phil !! His baby is very sick in NYC /Long Island hospital !!! Last I heard the antibiotics wern't helping and she is on a respirator !!!!
Oh, no. Good thoughts heading that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I ache a bit this morning from chopping stuff in the garden, it's amazing that you use different muscles doing stuff like that!!!
I know!

Quote:
He never phoned but did turn up about 20 minutes ago and it's all done, one of the electrodes was cracked. It means though that I can do stuff
Oh, good - though it still always irks me when they don't call first.

Poor D didn't get home until after midnight. Then, he was still wired and also on T time , so he didn't come to bed for quite a while after that. I was asleep.

So, he then felt bad about not getting up with the kids, but really... Why?

I have to leave for fun tennis in a few - and then I have to drive fast to the dentist for my own cleaning. Poor dentist, 'cause there's no shower time involved in this plan... (I should be relatively OK - I did shower last night when I dyed my hair, and I'll wear deodorant and take clean clothes, I promise. )

Then, nothing much. I'll have to make the picnic dinner for the menfolk for ski club at some point, but then that's about it. Probably some laundry, again... Exciting stuff around here.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #3019
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Evening all. Another crazy day at work. I swaer they did NOTHING while I was out AND they expect me to still do things from my other job. I finally told them todday that I can't do both. My stress level is through the roof and I am not getting sick again becasue of that place.
That is not good. Good for you for sticking up for yourself.

Quote:
We are waiting on pins and needles. Jim's union and the school district have a tentative agreement, but none of the details have been released yet. We won't find out anything for sure until after the ratification meeting at 7pm tomorrow night.
I definitely know the waiting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Hi all, from the land of rain and mudslides!
I saw you're supposed to get more today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Water, water, water. (Sorry T - don't mean to make you think of rain...)
COngrats on your weight loss.

Quote:
Please send some prayers and Hugs to my friend Phil !! His baby is very sick in NYC /Long Island hospital !!! Last I heard the antibiotics wern't helping and she is on a respirator !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
One guy actually told me the only way to get it back is if it doesn't work out!
WTH?

Quote:
I decided to read Chasing Harry Winston before the others, no clue why. It's good so far. Night!
I have that too but haven't read it yet.

Quote:
Yea for an easy fix.

Quote:
Morning All !! Off to get my Disney papers this morning !!!!

My mother is supposedly coming in March to keep Reid whilst his school is closed. My aunt can't keep my grandmother, so my mother wants me to keep her. She did ask me if that was ok, only because my sister told her she needed to, but of course, I can't say no, and the thought of having her here for 2 more weeks is killing me. If my they would only come for one week, I could handle it, but since my mother feels she's entitled to celebrate my birthday, they are staying 2 weeks. Yesterday I texted my sister and told them not to come and I'd just keep Reid, but I haven't heard back from her. I think I need to take up yoga or something to learn to relax more around them.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #3020
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Yesterday I texted my sister and told them not to come and I'd just keep Reid, but I haven't heard back from her. I think I need to take up yoga or something to learn to relax more around them.
Oh, honey. I hope it all works out OK for you. I hate thinking of you sad and stressed.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #3021
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's been a crazy few days... appointments, rain, shopping, rain, ortho, oh and then some more rain. Rain stinks. Well, at least it's not snow.
SO, you're saying it's raining there Seriouslu, I heard about it on the radio. Hope you are all okay.

Quote:
I'm not hungry, but all I want to do is eat. I'm trying for water instead. I have kept off the weight I lost by not eating the whole week of Book Fair back in November, but I'd like to get rid of more - and for sure don't want to put it back on.
Good job!

Quote:
Good thoughts heading that way Rosie

Quote:
One guy actually told me the only way to get it back is if it doesn't work out!
I never heard of such a thing!

Quote:
Waiting in again, it's 9.20am here and I was told the man would call me between 8 and 10am to give me a 3 hour time slot for when he'll visit. Hopefully I'll know soon as it's another limbo day
I hate that. We have the people coming on January 30th to install our sateliite dish, they will be there betweem 12:00 and 4:00. That's my who Saturday shot

Quote:
Yay, glad it's fixed

Quote:
I have to leave for fun tennis in a few - and then I have to drive fast to the dentist for my own cleaning. Poor dentist, 'cause there's no shower time involved in this plan... (I should be relatively OK - I did shower last night when I dyed my hair, and I'll wear deodorant and take clean clothes, I promise. )

Quote:
Then, nothing much. I'll have to make the picnic dinner for the menfolk for ski club at some point, but then that's about it. Probably some laundry, again... Exciting stuff around here.
Have a good day!

Quote:
My mother is supposedly coming in March to keep Reid whilst his school is closed. My aunt can't keep my grandmother, so my mother wants me to keep her. She did ask me if that was ok, only because my sister told her she needed to, but of course, I can't say no, and the thought of having her here for 2 more weeks is killing me. If my they would only come for one week, I could handle it, but since my mother feels she's entitled to celebrate my birthday, they are staying 2 weeks. Yesterday I texted my sister and told them not to come and I'd just keep Reid, but I haven't heard back from her. I think I need to take up yoga or something to learn to relax more around them.
I hate the thought of you stressed. Hopefully your sister will see the light

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good morning. Another day in heck planned. Just busy at work. Not meetings or anything tonight so that will be good. Maybe I can get to bed at a decent time.

Hope you all have a good day. Will try and check in at lunch time!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #3022
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Dentists wear masks so he'll be OK

Quote:
Can't the Grandmother go with your Mom too? Hope you get it sorted

Quote:
Maybe I can get to bed at a decent time.
Fingers crossed

Well I've been quite productive. I went to the club and practised my chipping and putting for half an hour (that's all I could handle as it was so cold) I then did a big supermarket shop and have just finished baking a cake, from scratch not a box
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #3023
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I've lost 6 lbs since Jan. 2nd.
Congrats - that's great!

Quote:
Completely understand. We aren't going this year so we can save some $$$. We though we'd just do along weekend somewhere....For what i an lookng at payng for a long weekend, i could do a week at WDW
It's crazy, isn't it?! What I'd really love is a long weekend at WDW... with NO PARKS - just eating and pooling. Fat chance of doing that now, though; Leo's aaaallll about the rides these days.

Quote:
Evening all. Another crazy day at work. I swaer they did NOTHING while I was out AND they expect me to still do things from my other job. I finally told them todday that I can't do both. My stress level is through the roof and I am not getting sick again becasue of that place.
Hang in there!

Quote:
Rain stinks. Well, at least it's not snow.
Or sleet, lol!

Quote:
If my they would only come for one week, I could handle it, but since my mother feels she's entitled to celebrate my birthday, they are staying 2 weeks. Yesterday I texted my sister and told them not to come and I'd just keep Reid, but I haven't heard back from her. I think I need to take up yoga or something to learn to relax more around them.
Ugh, family stuff drives me up the wall. Sorry Angela.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning! Nothing all that new. Leo picked his Bday restaurant... The Plaza in MK! He was quite clear: NO characters, NO singing Happy Bday, and he wants a treat - cake or ice cream. He loved The Plaza last time we went, and he wants to be at the MK, so he's happy. Maybe I'll get a cake for the room and we can do a teeny bit of singing there.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #3024
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:

Quote:
Can't the Grandmother go with your Mom too? Hope you get it sorted
Thanks! My sister only has one guest room, but maybe my mom and grandmother can share the full size bed.

Actually my mom couldn't handle Reid and my grandmother if they left the house because they both require so much attention.

Quote:
and have just finished baking a cake, from scratch not a box
Oh, what kind? I just made a box brownie since it's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
; Leo's aaaallll about the rides these days.
Be careful what you wish for.

Quote:
Morning! Nothing all that new. Leo picked his Bday restaurant... The Plaza in MK! He was quite clear: NO characters, NO singing Happy Bday, and he wants a treat - cake or ice cream. He loved The Plaza last time we went, and he wants to be at the MK, so he's happy. Maybe I'll get a cake for the room and we can do a teeny bit of singing there.
Great birthday pick. My friend picked The Plaza for her daughter's birthday in December. It was nice and very low key, but she did order a cake and they sang when it was brought out.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #3025
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Congrats - that's great!

It's crazy, isn't it?! What I'd really love is a long weekend at WDW... with NO PARKS - just eating and pooling. Fat chance of doing that now, though; Leo's aaaallll about the rides these days.

Hang in there!

Or sleet, lol!

Ugh, family stuff drives me up the wall. Sorry Angela.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When's Leo'b b-day?

Things have been busy as hard lately, but I am choosing to focus on the following a)Getting a new comforter to go with the new mattress I put in myself last weekend, b)My family birthday celebration this weekend, c)My b-day trip to NYC next weekend.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #3026
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning. Another day in heck planned. Just busy at work. Not meetings or anything tonight so that will be good. Maybe I can get to bed at a decent time.

Hope you all have a good day. Will try and check in at lunch time!
Hope yours is better, as well.

Quote:
It's a she, but yep. No comments, so I guess that's good!

Quote:
Well I've been quite productive. I went to the club and practised my chipping and putting for half an hour (that's all I could handle as it was so cold) I then did a big supermarket shop and have just finished baking a cake, from scratch not a box
I'm impressed!

Quote:
Ooh, nice!

I got the bug and priced out stuff for the boys birthday - it's during our stupid second break week, which is handy - but I have to balance that against anything else I might want to do this year. D keeps talking of a 10th anniversary trip, which sounds intriguing... And then maybe Milan... Sigh.

Quote:
Thanks! My sister only has one guest room, but maybe my mom and grandmother can share the full size bed.
Sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Things have been busy as hard lately, but I am choosing to focus on the following a)Getting a new comforter to go with the new mattress I put in myself last weekend, b)My family birthday celebration this weekend, c)My b-day trip to NYC next weekend.
Sounds great! What are you going to do in NYC?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #3027
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Those sound like good things to be concerned with. Let me know where you find a comforter. I've been looking for several years and can't quite find the perfect one. Of course I don't have anything specific in mind. I'll just know when I see it.

Will you be buying purses in the park in NYC?

Quote:
I got the bug and priced out stuff for the boys birthday - it's during our stupid second break week, which is handy - but I have to balance that against anything else I might want to do this year. D keeps talking of a 10th anniversary trip, which sounds intriguing... And then maybe Milan... Sigh.
Decisions, decisions.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #3028
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Hope yours is better, as well.

I'm impressed!

Ooh, nice!

Sure!

Sounds great! What are you going to do in NYC?
NYC plans are to have lunch in the Village, dinner in midtown, then we're seeing a little night music with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury. SAturday I'm doing the behind the scenes tour at Wicked. My plans are kind of spacey because I hope to see some friends from high school that are in grad school there, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Quote:
Those sound like good things to be concerned with. Let me know where you find a comforter. I've been looking for several years and can't quite find the perfect one. Of course I don't have anything specific in mind. I'll just know when I see it.

Will you be buying purses in the park in NYC?

Decisions, decisions.
Possibly getting a purse if they are good enough.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 01-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #3029
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Good luck!

Quote:
What kind of cake???

Quote:
Sounds like a great birthday! I still really wanna try the Plaza!

Quote:
whatcha planning in the city??? I'm only an hour subway away...just sayin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mellow day. It's KC's day off so we are chilling out. I am making a very easy dinner (roasted chicken and sausages w grapes). We got a ton of new downloaded movies so we are going to curl up and watch 'em today.

I made Peanut Butter Banana Bread yesterday, I call it "Elvis Bread" and it came out 10X's better than I thought! Usually I bake for therapy not so much to eat, but this I wanna eat!!! If anyone wants the recipe , lemme know!

FYI We are talking about going to Florida in June for a music festival in Orlando. My birthday is a few days before it, so I am gonna try and squeeze a n overnight in WDW in for my b-day! We will be staying with my BFF the rest of the time, to save $ tho, but will be renting a car so we can do outside park Disney stuff. I promised KC some serious relaxing too, so there are beach plans too. I'm a little excited about it!

We also have our long weekend trip to Boston the end of March too, for the gaming convention. So that should be fun!

Off to watch Sherlock Holmes first then (I think) It's Complicated. I love downloading.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 01-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #3030
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Sounds lovely

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan

Quote:
Oh, what kind? I just made a box brownie since it's just me.
Just a victoria sandwich with vanilla buttercream and jam/jelly

Quote:
Sounds fantastic

Quote:
Good

Quote:
Where are you looking???

Quote:
What kind of cake???
Victoria sandwich with vanilla buttercream and jam/jelly

Quote:
Off to watch Sherlock Holmes first then (I think) It's Complicated. I love downloading. [/COLOR]
We loved It's Complicated Your vacation plans sound good too!!!

The cake turned out great except I didn't quite make the buttercream thick enough so it doesn't look too pretty but taste is what matters, right?

As some of you have seen I've just found out the girls will be off school Friday 1st and Monday 4th October so I'm thinking of suggesting to D that we go away for a long weekend Now we have to decide where to go, I'm thinking Center Parcs as it's about £320 for all of us for the whole 4 days and includes a big water park but as we're going at Christmas we'll have to see. They do have 4 parks though in different parts of the country so we could choose a different one. In the past we've been to the one in the lake district, the one near Bath and the Suffolk/Norfolk one but we've never been to the Sherwood Forest one, yes where Robin Hood is from
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: