Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #286
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
WHOA! I just went back to the "old" original thread.... where'd all the OG's go?

Remember Steph (FHS Chick)? Apparently she had a baby 8 months ago!

And what happened to zdad? And LaraK? And UtahMama?

We sure lost ALOT of peeps, but we found lots of new ones too!
don't know about UtahMama. She unfriended me and DH on facebook.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #287
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
Really? I wonder why? I haven't seen her here in ages. Weird.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #288
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Really? I wonder why? I haven't seen her here in ages. Weird.
I sent you a pm.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #289
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
I sent you a pm.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #290
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

thanks slate. I didnt even get that second connection!

I remember utah_mama from the rest of the boards.

Hope everyones weekends start off great!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #291
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrieannie View Post
wow,,an ear infection bad enough for that. poor thing,, what brought all this illness on in the first place? do you know what it was? it started before Florida didnt it?
[/QUOTE]

Sinusitis and ear infection and then the Iritis. They don't know what caused the Iritis The sinus and ear infection probably couls have been acoided if the so called doctor I has seen before we left had actually examined me and given me an antibiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
Janet- i just saw your ticker and had a freakout/realization. Our wedding is about 500 days away and feels so far away. But 1500 days sure makes it seem like its right around the corner!
Wow! 500 days will go realy quickly

Quote:
Im gonna go make some pudding now. Everyone send me good thoughts so i wont eat the whole bowl....
Was it chocolate

Quote:
WHOA! I just went back to the "old" original thread.... where'd all the OG's go?

Quote:
Quote:
I sent you a pm.
Um, me too

==============

Good morning all. Jim and Jimmy are still sleeping. It was not a good night. Jimmy was still awake at 1am No reason, just fighting going to sleep. He wasn't getting out of bed or running around or anything. Just WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP. Finally passed out at about 1

Today we are going to visit the principal at Jim's old school and take her to lunch. THen we may or may not go see cloudy with a chance of meatballs. We will see how things go for that.

Hope everyone has a good day!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #292
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
I have had a crazy two weeks. I have read here and there but have had no time to comment. we have had several sicknesses in the kids. Chi woke up vomiting last week, Some of the boys had diarrhea. Delta and Omicron have been running fevers for 4-5 days. Omicron's went away on Thursday but today DH took Delta to the doctor and found he had the flu type B and an ear infection. Some how I have managed to stay well through all of this.

Also I have been working like crazy. The new engineering director has made so many changes it is like learning a new job. I think it is all for the better and he is ultimately making us all better engineers as well as a better department as a whole. But it has been a huge adaptation for me. I just now feel like I am starting to figure things out and how he wants things to flow.

One good change he has made is that he initiated a work at home policy for me when I am home with sick kids. It started last week when Chi was sick. I called him before work and explained what had happened. He said everything was fine and I could take the day off. I said 'thanks, but I promised Lufthansa (one of our European customers) an answer by the end of the week which means I need to give them an answer by noon.' I said I would come in and work a half day and then leave at lunch to be with her.

When I got to work he commended me on my dedication and said I had approval to work from home as needed whenever my kids were sick. This is a big deal because I have asked for this about a dozen times over the last 4 years and the answer was always a stern "NO". I am so excited about this

I worked 40 hours last two weeks and this week only 34 but had all the sicknesses. My house is a disaster area. Oh and we are going to Universal Studios in two weeks. It's a short, cheap trip but I still have so much to do. Laundry, packing, shopping...

Football has also taken a lot of time away from dissin. Practice 3 nights a week for 2 hours, games every weekend. We are not eating dinner until 7:45 and we still have homework, showers, and cleaning up to do. Luckily the practices end at different times so we can get a lot done before dinner on most nights.

Oh and DH had a birthday last weekend. We kept it low key and invited some friends over and had margaritas, coronas, and pizza. We laughed so hard that our sides hurt.

Sorul82? - I am soooo embarrassed. I just now got what your screen name means

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!!!
Wow. What a crazy few weeks.

Uh, I don't know what it Slate's name means still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Deb--don't feel bad---lots of folks thought her name was "sor-rul"---you'll see we call her Slate a lot....not sure when we started that....
That's what I call her. That's not right? I never thought it might not be until just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE
Ab was cautioning me on talking to folks on the net that I don't know ()..........and I realized that we have been chatting for a long time now---maybe 3 years?? Anyone know?

When did all of you first become a Focker???
June 20007 for me...

Quote:
Aww,,thats mean of him! but I dont know if its a great idea to go talk to him either. maybe if it happens again or if hes jerky about something else. but I would just leave it alone at this point. he knows where you live too!
You're right. I won't remind him, but it's nice to hear him say he'll defend me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Good morning all. Jim and Jimmy are still sleeping. It was not a good night. Jimmy was still awake at 1am No reason, just fighting going to sleep. He wasn't getting out of bed or running around or anything. Just WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP. Finally passed out at about 1

Today we are going to visit the principal at Jim's old school and take her to lunch. THen we may or may not go see cloudy with a chance of meatballs. We will see how things go for that.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Have a good day!!!
And, report back on the movie.

Kat- You sound so happy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're about to head out to a dance team fundraiser brekkie. Then we have a soccer game and B's solo practice with her choreographer.

Then, I'm napping. I feel like I've been fighting a cold for a few days. I don't want to get sick right when A finally goes back to school!
He seems completely fine now. He hasn't had fever or meds since Thursday at lunch. We went out to eat burgers last night to get out of the house. It was a nice night.

Happy Saturday!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #293
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

yeah you're right....zdad popped back in on a later thread---i think he had the original Focker poem that got the thread pulled!

i got hooked up via the croc exchange with slate and mizdiz in 3/07 for an upcoming trip and then started chatting afterwards....i'll have to go back and read some of my newbie posts!

Quote:
so, are you late, too? or S'Late

+++++++++++++
was utah mama the one that like SEAL? I remember asking her if she liked all marine mammals.......didn't realize he was a singer.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #294
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hi Deb I' am much better. The doctor has me out of work until November 2nd, but I feel like I could go back no. Luckily I get paid for the time I am out so it's not a huge deal. I'm a bit bored actually

Wow you have been going through alot. My boss lets me work from home when needed. It's my favorite perk!
that is great that you are getting paid sick leave. I think working from home will be a huge help to my family. I may be even go back fulltime if it works out.

Quote:
Deb--don't feel bad---lots of folks thought her name was "sor-rul"---you'll see we call her Slate a lot....not sure when we started that....

+++++++++++++++++++
Ab was cautioning me on talking to folks on the net that I don't know ()..........and I realized that we have been chatting for a long time now---maybe 3 years?? Anyone know?

When did all of you first become a Focker???
January of this year.

Quote:
Hi Deb!! sounds like the new manager is going to be a good one!!!
I think so too. He is kinda growing on me
I remember last year I had to actually have it spelled out for me..I didnt quite get it. then I had the big AH-HA moment!
Ha ha!

Quote:
Janet- i just saw your ticker and had a freakout/realization. Our wedding is about 500 days away and feels so far away. But 1500 days sure makes it seem like its right around the corner!

[[[Scrolled up to see Janet's Ticker]]]

Yikes!

Slate- After I saw Debras comment and had to take about 5 minutes staring at your name to figure it out. I think I've got it now, but I may need someone to spell it out to me as well incase im wrong.

Im gonna go make some pudding now. Everyone send me good thoughts so i wont eat the whole bowl....
Yum!

Quote:

Quote:
Hope everyones weekends start off great!
You too!!

Sinusitis and ear infection and then the Iritis. They don't know what caused the Iritis The sinus and ear infection probably couls have been acoided if the so called doctor I has seen before we left had actually examined me and given me an antibiotic

==============

Ouchie! I hate it when ours wont sleep

Hope everyone has a good day![/QUOTE] Have fun at lunch
Old 10-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #295
debraW76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Wow. What a crazy few weeks.

Uh, I don't know what it Slate's name means still...

So are you late too?

That's what I call her. That's not right? I never thought it might not be until just now.

You're right. I won't remind him, but it's nice to hear him say he'll defend me.

Aw!

Have a good day!!!
And, report back on the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're about to head out to a dance team fundraiser brekkie. Then we have a soccer game and B's solo practice with her choreographer.

Then, I'm napping. I feel like I've been fighting a cold for a few days. I don't want to get sick right when A finally goes back to school!
He seems completely fine now. He hasn't had fever or meds since Thursday at lunch. We went out to eat burgers last night to get out of the house. It was a nice night.

Happy Saturday!!!
Happy Saturday!!

Quote:
+++++++++++++
was utah mama the one that like SEAL? I remember asking her if she liked all marine mammals.......didn't realize he was a singer.
LOL!!1

+++++++++++++++++++
Well I am off to a baby shower for my friend who is having twin boys. CE you have any suggestions as to what she may need that no one else has thought of?

then a triple birthday party

Then football

Then home to catch up on some house cleaning.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #296
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Morning, all - I read through, but am feeling too lazy to quote!

The ice cream social was fine, but it's so loud - it's in the upper elementary's lunch room (the 5-6th grade school that's connected to our elementary, but not the same, exactly...) and it's just that echo-y loud awfulness. I had a headache already going in (I took Advil before we went) and it didn't help much.

But, I got to chat a lot with folks and the boys had fun. D didn't make it back until just after 8:00, so he missed out.

We got the boys to bed pretty soon after that, and we watched some of our shows that we DVRed over the week while he was gone. And had some wine.

Deb, I don't know if I'm too late, but as I can't think of much, anyway... Seriously, with twins you need what any new mom is going to need, but just double on a lot of it. Not all - we made that mistake - but most. S'late, can you think of anything special?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #297
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by debraW76 View Post
I had approval to work from home as needed whenever my kids were sick. This is a big deal because I have asked for this about a dozen times over the last 4 years and the answer was always a stern "NO". I am so excited about this
That's so fantastic Deb!!!

Quote:
We're not strangers I think I started chatting not long after I joined the DIS!

Quote:
Way to go Jo!!
Thanks

Quote:
Sh! Jo's sleepin' now!
Hey you woke me

Quote:
Loads of people disappeared?!?!? Wendy was so visible on the DIS but has gone completely, weird!!!

Busy morning, literally I only sat down about an hour ago, so about 3.30pm I still need to answer more questions as I'm behind thanks to the trip. chat later
Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #298
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Hi, Jo!

We're trying to figure out what to do with our day. It's 52 and raining - supposed to t-storm later on - so the boat, which was our hope, is definitely out. Trying to decide if we can do that tomorrow...

We can't ice skate as there's no public skate today. I guess we could bowl. For whatever reason, no one around here is showing the Toy Story double feature.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #299
Disneyland_Mama

Good Morning! (It's still morning on my side )

Just a lazy Saturday here. We had a nice family breakfast and we're just lounging around.

I reeeeeeeally want to go to DLR tomorrow and take some pictures of the Halloween/Fall decorations, but it might rain, so we'll see. I think it's just going to be a drizzle, but Californians don't go out in a drizzle.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #300
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
We're not strangers I think I started chatting not long after I joined the DIS!:
I know! That's what I told her! SHe worries too much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Busy morning, literally I only sat down about an hour ago, so about 3.30pm I still need to answer more questions as I'm behind thanks to the trip. chat later
Slacker!

+++++++++

well, I'm being lazy today---Daran is gone deer hunting (which is ironic that he went up in the mountains as I can't get down my driveway without stopping for deer! But, I got upset when he shot one last year and wouldn't eat it!)

BA is at her friends house trying to decide what to be for Halloween....they were thinking Disney princesses which I thought was great...but not sure if they would all fit the costumes.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: