Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #241
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
Before I always complained about him being gone, but i've gotten used to it, and like being alone.
Now you get why I get excited when D has a trip. Doesn't mean I don't love him, but it changes the routine when he's here!

Quote:
Oh and I found out that i'll be helping out the new traveling campaign for the parks in january. I dont know all the details yet, but I will of course tell you all when I find out.
Awesome!

I agreed whilst at tennis yesterday to sub in a fun class this morning - and as it turns out, this one is mostly composed of my team, so it will really be good! Though, I do think complaint lady is in it, too. But she was SO much better yesterday that I have high hopes!

I'm also all wound up about the Olympic decision today. One of our groomsmen, D's college roomie, is the Chief of Bid Operations for Chicago, so we have all this cool stuff, he's there, he went to Beijing's games to check them out and brought us swag - and so I feel very personally invested.

Tonight is the school's ice cream social, where they also do a cake walk. I agreed to provide a cake for that, then they were desperate for more so I said I'd bring in two items (they don't necessarily have to be cakes...) But I hate baking - don't mind cooking dinner and stuff, but baking just isn't my thing - so I need to go buy a couple of things and get them to the school. They wanted the donations in before school lets out, which is fine as I don't want to have to get to the social at the start - it's two hours, which is just too long. I know if we go at the start, we'll end up having a hard time getting out the door, so I'm hoping to not go until a bit later.

None of this is that hard to get done - I just run by the store on the way back from tennis, go drop it at the school and I'm done - but since it's again 40 degrees this morning, I want to curl up under a blanket!

I hope everyone has a good start to their Friday!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #242
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
R u back from Doctor Janet??
See below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Dawn, FWIW, that's exactly what I was going to post. Flu is widespread where I live and the medical offices are begging people not to come in if they don't absolutely need to because the places are teeming with germs at this point. I actually just made a phone appt. with my Dr. because I just have questions that don't require seeing my body to answer, lol! Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Well, I did my time at the school. I was working with small groups of children, going over sight words, reading comprehension, etc. I now know why I didn't become a teacher. I swear I wanted to bop some of those kids in the head with a ruler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I had fun tennis this morning (and the pro tackled complaint woman last week, so it was actually FUN! )

[QUOTE=cmp1111;33792898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I know this is probably the last thing you want with all the school fundraisers etc but the Moms Panel has a code for free shipping on Garrett's popcorn it will run from 10/1 through 10/31. The code is GPSMOMS2009. I had some this past weekend and OMG it's delicious and the tins are soooooo cute. Anyway thought I'd share just incase
Quote:
Thanks for the offer! We just got the fall fundraiser catalog home today. Anyone need silly gift stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Uh, if running is a requirement for being on the Mom's panel, maybe they should throw my application out.

Quote:
I agreed whilst at tennis yesterday to sub in a fun class this morning - and
I'm also all wound up about the Olympic decision today. One of our groomsmen, D's college roomie, is the Chief of Bid Operations for Chicago, so we have all this cool stuff, he's there, he went to Beijing's games to check them out and brought us swag - and so I feel very personally invested.
When is the announcement coming out?

HAve fun at the social!

==========================

Good Morning all! HAd the ear doctor appointment yesterday. On top of everyhting else I have nerve damage in my left ear Can't hear high frequency stuff. HAve to go for an MRI. WTH? I turned 42 and I am falling apart It's basically the same typoe of hearing loss my mother has, so I eventually will have to get a hearing aid. Oh well, things could be worse..right!

Had Shawmont Night at Ritas Water Ice. The school basically took over and we earned 25% of the gross profits for a 4 hour time period. The kids had a ball and the teachers were "celebrity scoopers".

Then my lttle cousin came over so Jim couls help her study for the Praxis test (Test to become a teacher). She was having problems with some of the math stuff.

My neighbor is taking me out shopping and to lunch today TOnight the boys have cub scouts. TOmorrow we are heading down to visit JIm's old boss and then taking Jimmy to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Sunday we have soccer.

HAve a great day everyone!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 07:58 AM   #243
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I might be interested, when were you thinking about doing this?
ASAP... I do have one other person who might be interested, so I'll let you know?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #244
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
ASAP... I do have one other person who might be interested, so I'll let you know?
If it is asap I couldn't do it anyway, we are going to Disney in 32 days, perhaps another time, good luck with it .
Old 10-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #245
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
If it is asap I couldn't do it anyway, we are going to Disney in 32 days, perhaps another time, good luck with it .
Okay.
I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #246
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Oh Janet---I'm so sorry--I know you thought you had some wax problems or something routine. Did they put that little thing over your bone (behind the ear) to see how the nerve is hearing? My nerve is actually 100% but it can't make up for the little bones not working. My loss is greatest at low frequencies but I'm now falling with higher ones too--that's consistent with otoslcerosis too. My MIL and grandma have Menieres disease that affects the nerve and they are dizzy a lot---have you been dizzy any?

Dawn--how's A?

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #247
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Janet---I'm so sorry--I know you thought you had some wax problems or something routine. Did they put that little thing over your bone (behind the ear) to see how the nerve is hearing? My nerve is actually 100% but it can't make up for the little bones not working. My loss is greatest at low decibels but I'm now falling with higher ones too--that's consistent with otoslcerosis too. My MIL and grandma have Menieres disease that affects the nerve and they are dizzy a lot---have you been dizzy any?
Yep, they did that test...and all the others too. Only dizziness was when I was in FLA and had the sinus infection and the ear infection I am waiting for the office to call with the Pre-Cert # so I can schedule the MRI. MIght as well get it all done BEFORE I go back to work, right!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #248
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Yep, they did that test...and all the others too. Only dizziness was when I was in FLA and had the sinus infection and the ear infection I am waiting for the office to call with the Pre-Cert # so I can schedule the MRI. MIght as well get it all done BEFORE I go back to work, right!
Do they think it's related to the illness or maybe it brought it on earlier than expected? I asked about an MRI but he said they are not sensitive enough to see the little bones so they have to lift up the ear drum to see what's up. Just as well, I think they'd have to put me to sleep to do a MRI anyway....at least the closed one!!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #249
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do they think it's related to the illness or maybe it brought it on earlier than expected? I asked about an MRI but he said they are not sensitive enough to see the little bones so they have to lift up the ear drum to see what's up. Just as well, I think they'd have to put me to sleep to do a MRI anyway....at least the closed one!!
He thinks it was a combination of the sinus infection/ear infection and the plane???

Old 10-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #250
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
He thinks it was a combination of the sinus infection/ear infection and the plane???
wow...the ENT this week asked me if I'd had any ear infections or trauma and I said no. My MIL had a bad childhood with lots of ear infections and no one to take her to the doctor....so she has a permanent loss from that. Do they think it will progress?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #251
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Janet, sorry about the ear. Glad the night went well, too.

The Chicago team did their presentation early this morning our time. I thought the voting was supposed to start at 1:00 - and they go through several rounds, eliminating the lowest vote getter until there's a winner - but D thinks they are announcing the actual winner at 1:00, so I'm not totally positive.

Either way, I'm debating a stop at home around 1:00 to see - I know ESPN2 said they'd carry the announcement live - so D is more likely correct (otherwise, how would they know when to show it?) and I might stop here to watch that before delivering the stuff to the school!

I'm now about a minute away from being late to tennis, and I need to find a headband, so I'll check back later!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #252
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
wow...the ENT this week asked me if I'd had any ear infections or trauma and I said no. My MIL had a bad childhood with lots of ear infections and no one to take her to the doctor....so she has a permanent loss from that. Do they think it will progress?
He didn't say one way or the other. He wants to get the MRI done first before he says anything else one way or the other.

The funny thing is I had never had an ear infection before I got sick in FLA.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #253
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Uh, if running is a requirement for being on the Mom's panel, maybe they should throw my application out.

Quote:
Jo--enjoying your EE pics! Got a little wet??
Just slightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
Oh and I found out that i'll be helping out the new traveling campaign for the parks in january. I dont know all the details yet, but I will of course tell you all when I find out.
Woohooo fantastic, I was wondering if you'd found out yet

Quote:
I agreed whilst at tennis yesterday to sub in a fun class this morning - and as it turns out, this one is mostly composed of my team, so it will really be good! Though, I do think complaint lady is in it, too. But she was SO much better yesterday that I have high hopes!
Sounds good and good luck with the bid, what swag did you get? Oh and have fun at the social!

Quote:
Good Morning all! HAd the ear doctor appointment yesterday. On top of everyhting else I have nerve damage in my left ear Can't hear high frequency stuff. HAve to go for an MRI. WTH? I turned 42 and I am falling apart It's basically the same typoe of hearing loss my mother has, so I eventually will have to get a hearing aid. Oh well, things could be worse..right!
Oh no, I'm slightly deaf too but it's when there is background noise, must go for another check. Plus I must get my jaw checked, whenever I eat it cracks like mad, David says it's really loud

You all probably know as I posted on FB but I had a fantastic game of golf today. I played 5 over par when I'm meant to play 11 over, that also included 2 really bad holes so I'm very pleased
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #254
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Janet, sorry about the ear. Glad the night went well, too.
Thanks CE! Like I said, things could be worse...right!

I don't know how much we made, but it was fun On the Wedensday we are doing something similar at McDonald's. We only get 10% of those profits though. But the kids can wear their Halloween costumes and they have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Oh no, I'm slightly deaf too but it's when there is background noise, must go for another check. Plus I must get my jaw checked, whenever I eat it cracks like mad, David says it's really loud
It's weird. I notice it mostly when I am trying to watch TV. I get and echo in that ear.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...t-the-park/You all probably know as I posted on FB but I had a fantastic game of golf today. I played 5 over par when I'm meant to play 11 over, that also included 2 really bad holes so I'm very pleased [/QUOTE]

Good show! (Hey that sounds very British)

------------------------------

I am waiting for my negihbor to call me for lunch. I got the PreCertification number and called and scheduled the MRI for next Friday morning (7:45am )

Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #255
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm so glad this week is over. Yesterday afternoon Evan came home from school acting a little weird so I checked him out and he was running a low grade fever. After a round of meds, he was fine the rest of the night and this morning woke up normal. Strange.

Anyway, I've got nothing dire to do today, but I think I'll clean out my closet and get it organized.

Janet - Sorry to hear about the hearing loss. I didn't realize you'd had an ear infection as well. Sounds like you had a fun night at the Slurpee place.

Jo - I had that popping noise in my jaw as well, but since I've had my braces put on, its gone.

Dawn - Let me know if the other person interested in your points bails out. I may be interested for January.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: