Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #226
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Yes, she said that too. She said not to bring him in until at least day 3...
I don't ask---I just say that I need to bring them in today----never had to wait...with the way stuff hits their asthma, I really can't afford to anyway.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #227
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
I don't ask---I just say that I need to bring them in today----never had to wait...with the way stuff hits their asthma, I really can't afford to anyway.
Yeah, with asthma, things can go south fast.

So, here's the deal... I'm not taking him in. I don't think the risk of him being exposed to other things and them not being able to do anything at this point is worth it. If things get worse than a low grade fever and headache, I will. Don't worry, mommas...
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #228
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
So, here's the deal... I'm not taking him in. I don't think the risk of him being exposed to other things and them not being able to do anything at this point is worth it. If things get worse than a low grade fever and headache, I will. Don't worry, mommas...
Dawn, FWIW, that's exactly what I was going to post. Flu is widespread where I live and the medical offices are begging people not to come in if they don't absolutely need to because the places are teeming with germs at this point. I actually just made a phone appt. with my Dr. because I just have questions that don't require seeing my body to answer, lol! Hang in there.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #229
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Wow, I'm impressed. I need our front door taken care of. It needs to be sanded down, stained and sealed before winter. I may have to take care of this myself. Be prepared for some advice emails, Jo.
OK and hope your pain goes soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The girls went for their physicals today they asked for an excuse from swim !!! The doctor said Okay if you get a flu shot !!!!Samantha immediately agreed !!! Steph had a hissy fit and cracked the doctor up but finally with much crying agreed and was still carrying on when the nurse said "It's done " Steph didn't even feel it and that cracked them all up even more !She is such a "wuss"!!!!!

Quote:
well, to update folks on my ear---the ENT surgeon seemed really great and Vanderbilt certainly seems like a good place...so I went ahead and scheduled the next available surgery which is not till Feb 26! I guess it's a good thing it's not life threatening! But that's ok--it wouldn't kill me if I never got it done...I just wouldn't be able to hear outta that ear. But if it works, I'll get 95% hearing back without having to wear a hearing aide. So probably worth it. Got a while anyway!
Souns promising but wow it's a long way away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Good Morning Fockers Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot". Now I am actualy a bit annoyed that he didn't do this sooner to make it clear up faster Oh well! Guess I will just take advantage of being home
Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
So, not to be outdone by our kids, DH and I renewed our vows for our 20th anniversary in a stone circle in Scotland (it was that or WDW!)
Sounds lovely, any photos?

So those crazy Moms I'm on the panel with are now planning on running in the Princess half marathon Thank goodness I can't afford the airfare You know I would have run in it if I could
Old 10-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #230
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Thanks for calling me. It was nice to chat this am.

I'm just hoping it doesn't transform into more. He's perfectly happy being waited on and watching movies all day. He's playing legos, wearing a full Batman costume and watching Spiderman right now!
Evan had that a few weeks ago. Just a weird fever. It was done in 2 days, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Just driving by to say hi!

Hope all is well in Fockerland.
Hi Mo!
Quote:
Oh---T--the ENT that I'm going to does the implants too. The thing with otosclerosis is that it's very rare to go totally deaf cause the nerve can still hear...but you just won't hear very well. What is RP? (must have skipped that class in medical school! )
Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is one name for a large group of inherited vision disorders that causes progressive degeneration of the retina of the eyes. Peripheral (or side) vision gradually decreases and eventually is lost.

Quote:
We gotta look out for our Focker babies, Dawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
So those crazy Moms I'm on the panel with are now planning on running in the Princess half marathon Thank goodness I can't afford the airfare You know I would have run in it if I could
Dude, the half marathon is KILLER!! We were going to do the DLR one, but that's over 13 miles!!! Although, they do allow scooters.

Well, I did my time at the school. I was working with small groups of children, going over sight words, reading comprehension, etc. I now know why I didn't become a teacher. I swear I wanted to bop some of those kids in the head with a ruler!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #231
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
This is as good a time as any to let you guys know what's up with my eye. I really didn't want to think or talk about it at all before my trip. I really needed to get away and have some fun.
I'm so sorry, hon. We're here when you need us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I wrote my first Bio Test this morning and I already got my mark back, I got an A!

In other good news my awful cold from the weekend is almost gone, I can breathe again which is a blessing.
Great job and I'm glad to hear the cold is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Thing have gotten much much better at home.
Glad to hear it! Missed you!

Quote:
Well, I'm a bit concerned. I've been having this dull pain in my abdomen on my right side just below my rib cage. Naturally I googled and it says it could be my gallbladder.
No idea, but I'd think it might be worth a call to a nurse!

Quote:
well, to update folks on my ear---the ENT surgeon seemed really great and Vanderbilt certainly seems like a good place...so I went ahead and scheduled the next available surgery which is not till Feb 26! I guess it's a good thing it's not life threatening! But that's ok--it wouldn't kill me if I never got it done...I just wouldn't be able to hear outta that ear. But if it works, I'll get 95% hearing back without having to wear a hearing aide. So probably worth it. Got a while anyway!
Sounds like it would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot".
Glad to hear it!

Quote:
A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up.
Hope he's better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Nothing new here, which is GOOD! Leo's having a good week at school (knock on wood), and I'm having a better-than-average week at work. My only complaint is ow-y thighs from my riding lesson Tues. But it was a good ride, so I'll suffer happily, lol!
Hooray for a good week!

Quote:
You know I would have run in it if I could
Sure...

I had fun tennis this morning (and the pro tackled complaint woman last week, so it was actually FUN! )

Then I went to school, picked up my Book Fair planning kit that came in the mail from Scholastic, left the sign up sheets for the classrooms and copied notices for the teachers. Then I came home and double-checked the teacher list vs. last year's (I knew we had some movement...) and then I watched TV all afternoon.

I needed to go to Target, but truly did run out of time after all the school stuff, and now I don't know what to do - if I should wait until tomorrow or take the kids now... Sigh.

I have to do math triangles, so I've got to go! Glad most things seem to be looking up for folks - some random sickness and surgeries aside.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #232
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I know this is probably the last thing you want with all the school fundraisers etc but the Moms Panel has a code for free shipping on Garrett's popcorn it will run from 10/1 through 10/31. The code is GPSMOMS2009. I had some this past weekend and OMG it's delicious and the tins are soooooo cute. Anyway thought I'd share just incase
Old 10-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #233
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this is probably the last thing you want with all the school fundraisers etc but the Moms Panel has a code for free shipping on Garrett's popcorn it will run from 10/1 through 10/31. The code is GPSMOMS2009. I had some this past weekend and OMG it's delicious and the tins are soooooo cute. Anyway thought I'd share just incase
Thanks for the offer! We just got the fall fundraiser catalog home today. Anyone need silly gift stuff?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #234
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Dawn, FWIW, that's exactly what I was going to post. Flu is widespread where I live and the medical offices are begging people not to come in if they don't absolutely need to because the places are teeming with germs at this point. I actually just made a phone appt. with my Dr. because I just have questions that don't require seeing my body to answer, lol! Hang in there.
Thanks, V. Sometimes I start thinking I'm crazy when I'm not more worried. It's ugly at the pediatrician's office. I don't want to go sit in that sick room!

Quote:
Uh, if running is a requirement for being on the Mom's panel, maybe they should throw my application out.

Quote:
Evan had that a few weeks ago. Just a weird fever. It was done in 2 days, though.
I hope so. Today's day 2 and his temp came back about noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
We gotta look out for our Focker babies, Dawn.
I know. And I love you for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
Well, I did my time at the school. I was working with small groups of children, going over sight words, reading comprehension, etc. I now know why I didn't become a teacher. I swear I wanted to bop some of those kids in the head with a ruler!
Me too! I can do my kids, but I'm not a big fan of other kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I have to do math triangles, so I've got to go! Glad most things seem to be looking up for folks - some random sickness and surgeries aside.

Enjoy your homework, CE!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #235
HomeschoolMama

I hope it's okay to mention here, but I'm thinking of renting some of my DVC points. Any thoughts or interest? Our home resort is BLT.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #236
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Dawn--you're right about the sickie germs in the Dr offices---it bothered both of us---BA covered herself in hand sanitizer!

....and for some reason everytime you post BLT, I get hungry....

T--RP sounds bad--sorry for him.

Jo--enjoying your EE pics! Got a little wet??

Fundraiser stuff---we have a Minks warehouse near here that sales all the catelog stuff for dirt cheap before Christmas--wrapping paper, mugs, candy.
Really good deals---but you realize how over priced it is.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #237
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Dawn--you're right about the sickie germs in the Dr offices---it bothered both of us---BA covered herself in hand sanitizer!

....and for some reason everytime you post BLT, I get hungry....
Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #238
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Dawn

Another busy day at work !!! No major problems though!!!

I am taking the girls shopping tomorrow to look for clothes for Xmas that I can put on layaway!! I want to start early so I am done in plenty of time !! Kyle wants a new electric bike and I will help with that !! Then of course there is BF sales that I always find stuff for gifts at !!

I am also still trying to decide on my next years Disney vacation!! I really like May,but Fre dining is great tooo !!!!! Oh these decisions !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #239
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Hi! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.

marc got sick last weekend, so he didnt go on his shift and was home for an unusual amount of time. A whole week! Before I always complained about him being gone, but i've gotten used to it, and like being alone. Since he was here I never concentrated on school work, and felt like procrastinating more. Yuk. So I have to play some catch up for physics and get crackin on learning my bird songs.

Quote:
Dude, the half marathon is KILLER!! We were going to do the DLR one, but that's over 13 miles!!! Although, they do allow scooters.
Marc did the half marathon and I think it's just crazy. But my aunt, cousin and I walked the 5K and it was really cool. Kind of relaxing even.

Kat- I'm glad things are looking up!

Oh and I found out that i'll be helping out the new traveling campaign for the parks in january. I dont know all the details yet, but I will of course tell you all when I find out.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #240
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
I hope it's okay to mention here, but I'm thinking of renting some of my DVC points. Any thoughts or interest? Our home resort is BLT.
I might be interested, when were you thinking about doing this?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: