Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #2266
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,928

Evening All !! Good Day at work for a change!!Had to train 2 new staff ,both seem very good which is refreshing !!!Even better both are willing to work overnights !! That is a brute of a shift to fill !!
Kyle's 2 cousins are sleeping over !!!! He's thrilled !!! Judy heard today that they are getting back some of the pay they lost and the hours and it will all be back by Easter . She didn't take the at homejob as they wouldn't pay her what she wanted and now she's glad as she will be getting more ayway !!Tey also gave them a $30 card to a local supermarket and a $100 Sears card !!! Not as good as my bonus but not bad !!! All of my bonus went to pay of my Feb Trip!!!So I put it to very good use !!
Hav any of you tried the updated menu at what was Fairfax Fries at DHS!!Check it out looks great !!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #2267
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Not too much to do today. My packages are wrapped except two that are odd sizes
Gift bags???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
She had mentioned watching a Christmas Story this morning so maybe we'll do that tonight with some hot cocoa and cookies.
Jimmy watched for the first time over the weekend. He loved it

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Friends. Rachel thinks she's making trifle, but the cookbook pages got stuck and she made half trifle, half shepherd's pie.
I remember that one. It's one of the few I actually watched.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Tennis was nice and lunch was fantastic. We had wine.
Wine = Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
The Lego thing for Woody finally arrived today,
What Lego thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Tell me about your potato salad. I'm always curious about how people make theirs. And WTH is a Pollyanna gift?
Potato Salad.

5lbs potatoes - boiled
8 hard boiled eggs
chopped onion
celery seed
mayo to taste

Really easy.

Pollyanna = Secret Santa= Gift exchange where you pick a name out of a hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
How'd Jimmy's conference go?
Details below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Meh! I just remembered I need to grab something for my Aunt and cousin! D'Oh!!!
Ineed to get a little something for my staff. Any other unit I was ever in we never gave/received gifts, but several of my staff gave me gifts (aside from the pollyanna)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Anyone know when they normally release room only codes for March? [/COLOR]
Sorry, no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Anyone know if Jo was going to MVMCP tonight? I am getting texts from Dr. Belle, who is there. No, I'm not at all jealous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Evening All !! Good Day at work for a change!!Had to train 2 new staff ,both seem very good which is refreshing !!!Even better both are willing to work overnights !! That is a brute of a shift to fill !!
Kyle's 2 cousins are sleeping over !!!! He's thrilled !!! Judy heard today that they are getting back some of the pay they lost and the hours and it will all be back by Easter . She didn't take the at homejob as they wouldn't pay her what she wanted and now she's glad as she will be getting more ayway !!Tey also gave them a $30 card to a local supermarket and a $100 Sears card !!! Not as good as my bonus but not bad !!! All of my bonus went to pay of my Feb Trip!!!So I put it to very good use !!
Hav any of you tried the updated menu at what was Fairfax Fries at DHS!!Check it out looks great !!!
Good news for Judy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Christmas luncheon was really nice and the person who had me for the pollyanna really knows me. She got me 2 mugs, one with Mickey and one with Minnie and a really nice fleece blanket with MIckey and Minnie on it. I will take pictures and post later or tomorrow

Jimmy's report card conference went GREAT He got all 3's (Proficient) on the academic stuff and all Satisfactory in the non-academic stuff (listening, etc). Teacher told us he is doing really well. He got up in front of his class and talked about his science fair project and she said she could tell that he really worked on it becasue he could talk about it without stumbling over his words, etc You could tell by looking at the other projects who really did most of their own work or whether mom/dad did the owrk too. Jim said some of those projects were 5th grade level work

Tomorrow is work and then caroling with the scouts at the assisted living place. I may or may not go. I may be going and doing the sopping, becasue they are now calling for 3-6 inches of snow Saturday into Sunday and Sunday is when I was planning on doing the shopping. I don't drive in the snow

Hope everyone is having a good evening
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #2268
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
What Lego thing
Woody asked Santa for a Lego set with either Qui Gon Jinn or Darth Maul. Since they were only in Episode 1, they are hard to come by. I found a set that had them both, but it was retired in 1999. Amazon had it through 3rd party sellers for over $50. I found it on eBay and won it for $19, but it was something like 10 days ago and I was getting worried it wasn't going to show. But, it did today!


Quote:
Jimmy's report card conference went GREAT He got all 3's (Proficient) on the academic stuff and all Satisfactory in the non-academic stuff (listening, etc). Teacher told us he is doing really well.
Good for him!
*************************************************
We've just had a change of heart about the last thing we were going to pick up for Santa (Heely's - they've wanted them for a while, but there's just no where to wear them in the winter), and I'm out of ideas. I hate to say it, but my kids just don't do many toys anymore. Either they're outside, or they're on the Wii. Both those things are good and pretty active, but I don't want to just give a bunch of Wii games and nothing else.

Sigh.
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #2269
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,193

Hey Ce I am not looking forward when Jimmy doens't ask for toys. Lucky me he hasn'tgotten into the video games, etc. What about some board games that you could all play together on thsoe rainy days that they can't get outside and play?
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #2270
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,857

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Anyone know if Jo was going to MVMCP tonight?
Nope, they opted not to do the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Jimmy's report card conference went GREAT
That's awesome Janet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I hate to say it, but my kids just don't do many toys anymore. Either they're outside, or they're on the Wii. Both those things are good and pretty active, but I don't want to just give a bunch of Wii games and nothing else.
I'm starting to think it's the age and gender CE; I'm in virtually the same boat with Leo this year. Sure, there were some things in the big TRU catalog that looked good to him, but they were all high-tech, $100+ items. Uh.... no. Apparently, we've left the cheap, plastic toy sets behind and have moved into the high-end gadget years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning! Last day before Leo's winter break. Holiday party at work today, and then a much-needed weekend. I don't have the hours to take off from work for Leo's break, so it'll be back to work for V on Monday. But I'm taking a 1/2 day Wed. and all of Thurs. off at least.

Bonehead came through with both a Xmas gift card for Leo and some child support to me, so things are looking better. PHEW!

Happy Friday all!
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 11/14: Race Recap: 2014 Disney Wine & Dine Half-Marathon!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #2271
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,193

so, they are now calling for 6 -10 inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow. This is going to screw up my entire weekend I have so much to do and not enoguh time to do it. I don't know what I am going to do. I was just going to take Monday off and take the whole week next week to get stuff done, but I can't I have to be at this training/Christmas party. Sort of been told by the boss that it would be a good idea if I attended.

Somebody send all this snow to Jo since she likes it so much
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #2272
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
That's awesome Janet!
Thanks V!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I'm starting to think it's the age and gender CE; I'm in virtually the same boat with Leo this year. Sure, there were some things in the big TRU catalog that looked good to him, but they were all high-tech, $100+ items. Uh.... no. Apparently, we've left the cheap, plastic toy sets behind and have moved into the high-end gadget years.
I keep for getting the boys are all 2 years (or almost 2 years) older than Jimmy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Morning! Last day before Leo's winter break. Holiday party at work today, and then a much-needed weekend. I don't have the hours to take off from work for Leo's break, so it'll be back to work for V on Monday. But I'm taking a 1/2 day Wed. and all of Thurs. off at least.
You only get Christmas Day off too? Stinks doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Bonehead came through with both a Xmas gift card for Leo and some child support to me, so things are looking better. PHEW!
Thats great news V
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #2273
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran
 
1Princess1Prince2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 1,170

Janet - to Jimmy and his report card! That is awesome! It stinks about the snow doesn't it? We won't be getting as much as you guys but we'll be getting something.

CE - I know the feeling with the toys. Lindsey is getting out of that stage as well and just wanting the expensive gaming things. At least I have a few more years with DR.

V - Good news about the ex! I take it Leo's not going to see him though?

Hi to everyone I missed!

************************************************** *******

We are to be getting some snow as well, not as much as Janet, but it will still be some. DR and I need to head to the store and stock up on milk and a few other things. We have a little grocery store right down the road from us but I hate going out in the snow. Plus, I need to head to Target for a few things.

I think I found a solution to the kids spying some of their Christmas presents. We've been having 'Elf JoJo' come to our house to visit the kids and leave notes. Well, a friend of mine mailed me a Nitendo DS box and I'm going to stuff that with underwear and have Lindsey open it with a note from 'Elf JoJo' saying something like stop peeking for presents or this is all you will get. I need to figure something out for DR as well and am thinking of hiding whatever in the Santa Buddies DVD case. They already got that as a gift from Elf JoJo so that would be the joke for DR.

I thought the ex and I were pulling a plan together with the kids for Christmas but I guess not. This is driving me nuts! I haven't told the kids that they are going with their dad because it has all been up in the air. I feel bad for him (the ex) because he really can't afford the travel and doesn't want to let the kids down but what am I supposed to do? Hopefully by today, or even tomorrow, I'll know more and can just enjoy my holiday. I'm just tired of the wishy-wahsiness (if that is even a word) of it all.

OK...I need to get a shower and get on the road to the grocery store and Target. Hope y'all have a good Friday! Santa will be here in a week...can you believe that?!?!?
__________________
*~*LORI*~*
Dance mom to DD (11) & Baseball Mom to DS (9)

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
1Princess1Prince2006 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #2274
dlwharp
Mouseketeer
 
dlwharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Ineed to get a little something for my staff. Any other unit I was ever in we never gave/received gifts, but several of my staff gave me gifts (aside from the pollyanna)
My husband is getting all of his staff gift cards to Dunkin Donuts. Heís giving those along with small rum cakes in these really cute little holiday ceramic loaf pans that I got a Michaelís for a buck a piece! Just wanted to pass along the gift certificate idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Christmas luncheon was really nice and the person who had me for the pollyanna really knows me. She got me 2 mugs, one with Mickey and one with Minnie and a really nice fleece blanket with MIckey and Minnie on it. I will take pictures and post later or tomorrow
How nice Ė yes, please post photos, Iíd love to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Jimmy's report card conference went GREAT
That is awesome! Way to go Jimmy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
We've just had a change of heart about the last thing we were going to pick up for Santa (Heely's - they've wanted them for a while, but there's just no where to wear them in the winter), and I'm out of ideas. I hate to say it, but my kids just don't do many toys anymore. Either they're outside, or they're on the Wii. Both those things are good and pretty active, but I don't want to just give a bunch of Wii games and nothing else.
Itís tougher as they get older Ė AND more expensive !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hey Ce I am not looking forward when Jimmy doens't ask for toys. Lucky me he hasn'tgotten into the video games, etc. What about some board games that you could all play together on thsoe rainy days that they can't get outside and play?
Board games are a good idea! My daughter asked for Apples to Apples this year. She played it with some friends the other week and thought it was a blast, so I got it for her.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Bonehead came through with both a Xmas gift card for Leo and some child support to me, so things are looking better. PHEW!
Good for you! (and Leo!!) PS Ė LOVE your blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
so, they are now calling for 6 -10 inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow. This is going to screw up my entire weekend I have so much to do and not enoguh time to do it. I don't know what I am going to do. I was just going to take Monday off and take the whole week next week to get stuff done, but I can't I have to be at this training/Christmas party. Sort of been told by the boss that it would be a good idea if I attended.
GRRRRR!!! :Iím already worried about this snow Ė not for me as I actually only have to go to the grocery store first thing tomorrow morning, but Ariel has work tomorrow and she works pretty late. Iím worried about her finding a parking spot when she gets home on the streets of Philly!! When I mentioned it to her she said maybe they'll close if itís too bad. I said, honey, a restaurant it not going to close the Saturday before Christmas!! Bummer about you having to go in on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
We are to be getting some snow as well, not as much as Janet, but it will still be some. DR and I need to head to the store and stock up on milk and a few other things
Öbread, eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I think I found a solution to the kids spying some of their Christmas presents. We've been having 'Elf JoJo' come to our house to visit the kids and leave notes. Well, a friend of mine mailed me a Nitendo DS box and I'm going to stuff that with underwear and have Lindsey open it with a note from 'Elf JoJo' saying something like stop peeking for presents or this is all you will get.
I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
I thought the ex and I were pulling a plan together with the kids for Christmas but I guess not. This is driving me nuts! I haven't told the kids that they are going with their dad because it has all been up in the air. I feel bad for him (the ex) because he really can't afford the travel and doesn't want to let the kids down but what am I supposed to do? Hopefully by today, or even tomorrow, I'll know more and can just enjoy my holiday. I'm just tired of the wishy-wahsiness (if that is even a word) of it all.
I hope it all works out! It certainly sounds really frustrating!

-----------------------------
I donít think Iíve been able to post since Tuesday! The wine dinner on Tuesday was the best yet, I think. We all had a really good time and the food was fabulous. On Wednesday, the day I took off, I was up at 7:15 (yes, after all that wine ) and except for dinner, I donít think I sat down until 9pm. I couldnít wait to get back to work to rest!! I got a lot of shopping done Ė but at my last shop Ė TJ Maxx Ė I wasnít there 5 minutes when the lights went out! The entire strip mall was out Ė no idea why. They made us leave after about 10 minutes, they did tag your cart if you wanted to come back. I had to because I had a lot of stuff to get there and needed to get it done, but certainly didnít like having to go back!! I went home, had some lunch and called them and by then the lights had come back on. Finished that up, went home and made my pumpkin rolls (needed two for today), and 4 pans of shortbread. Then DH wanted a favorite pork dish for his birthday dinner, so I made that (after cleaning up the flour from all over the kitchen ), then wrapped gifts till I dropped after dinner! We just had our ďHoliday LunchĒ here at work Ė I ate way too much, but it was good. It will be Santaís workshop in my house this weekend!

Happy Friday everyone!
__________________
Denise
---------------------------
2000 - Carribbean Beach/Disney Wonder 2001 - Port Orleans French Quarter/Disney Magic
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
dlwharp is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #2275
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Hey Ce I am not looking forward when Jimmy doens't ask for toys. Lucky me he hasn'tgotten into the video games, etc. What about some board games that you could all play together on thsoe rainy days that they can't get outside and play?
We have had a few on the list, and we may go that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Nope, they opted not to do the party.
Gotcha. I just wondered - I never saw Jo's itinerary, nor do I have Dr. Belle's. Makes it hard to alert them to try to spot each other!

Quote:
I'm starting to think it's the age and gender CE; I'm in virtually the same boat with Leo this year. Sure, there were some things in the big TRU catalog that looked good to him, but they were all high-tech, $100+ items. Uh.... no. Apparently, we've left the cheap, plastic toy sets behind and have moved into the high-end gadget years.
Yep, sounds exactly right! Sigh.

Quote:
Bonehead came through with both a Xmas gift card for Leo and some child support to me, so things are looking better. PHEW!
Well, THAT'S good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
so, they are now calling for 6 -10 inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow. This is going to screw up my entire weekend I have so much to do and not enoguh time to do it. I don't know what I am going to do. I was just going to take Monday off and take the whole week next week to get stuff done, but I can't I have to be at this training/Christmas party. Sort of been told by the boss that it would be a good idea if I attended.
Yikes. We are NOT getting this. I am not unhappy about that. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I keep for getting the boys are all 2 years (or almost 2 years) older than Jimmy.
Yeah, the spring birthdays put more calendar difference than it seems by school age.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Hopefully by today, or even tomorrow, I'll know more and can just enjoy my holiday. I'm just tired of the wishy-wahsiness (if that is even a word) of it all.
That stinks, so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Itís tougher as they get older Ė AND more expensive !


Quote:
Happy Friday everyone!
You, too!
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #2276
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
My husband is getting all of his staff gift cards to Dunkin Donuts. Heís giving those along with small rum cakes in these really cute little holiday ceramic loaf pans that I got a Michaelís for a buck a piece! Just wanted to pass along the gift certificate idea!
That's what I was thinking, since we have a DD right across the street on Braod Street



Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
That is awesome! Way to go Jimmy!!
Thanks!



Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
GRRRRR!!! :Iím already worried about this snow Ė not for me as I actually only have to go to the grocery store first thing tomorrow morning, but Ariel has work tomorrow and she works pretty late. Iím worried about her finding a parking spot when she gets home on the streets of Philly!! When I mentioned it to her she said maybe they'll close if itís too bad. I said, honey, a restaurant it not going to close the Saturday before Christmas!! Bummer about you having to go in on Monday!
I don't drive in the snow.


Lori - Swear I quoted you Great idea to stop the snooping. Hope the ex and you get things worked out!

+++++++++++++++++

Decided to ditch the boys at Scouts tonight and do the shopping that I was planning on doing on Sunday. The only thing i won't get tonight is the fish for Christmas Eve, I'll get that on Wednesday. Tomorrow Jim will have to take me to the dentist and then to get my hair done. Jimmy is getting his cut too, so that's not that big a deal.

Watch, we'll do all this and won't get 1 flake
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #2277
dlwharp
Mouseketeer
 
dlwharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I don't drive in the snow.
I don't if I can at all help it! (I'm glad it's not coming on a work day!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Decided to ditch the boys at Scouts tonight and do the shopping that I was planning on doing on Sunday.
Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Watch, we'll do all this and won't get 1 flake
That would be just fine with me!
__________________
Denise
---------------------------
2000 - Carribbean Beach/Disney Wonder 2001 - Port Orleans French Quarter/Disney Magic
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
dlwharp is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #2278
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.
 
KatGarcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Watch, we'll do all this and won't get 1 flake
Gosh I hope so!

In anticipation of the possible snow we are doing all the shopping and laundry and what not today and starting cookie mania tomorrow. LOL. Not to mention I am exhausted today.

We never ended up doing any of the things we were supposed to do yesterday, except got to KC's holiday party. It was fun, food was really good. I have been taking a lot of pictures in the city over the last few days so I'll post those today.

We are sleeping like vampires again and I really need to fix that! Hope everyone is doing well!
__________________

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*



KatGarcia is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #2279
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,754

Hope you all stay safe with the big snow storm coming in! Looks like we are going to miss it up here.

Yesterday was my last test so I am now free from school until mid-January.

I drove my friend down to Syracuse last night so that she could fly home to the Bahamas for Christmas, lucky girl! We went to the mall before the airport and did some shopping which was good times. Then this guy approached her and started hitting on her. It was too funny but she was clearly so embarrassed by it. He kept touching her hair which is braided and asked for her number (she gave him a fake). He then gave both of us cds from his band, we listened to it in the car, not good.

Anybody going to see Avatar this weekend? Alek, Erich and I are going to see it on Sunday. Can't wait!
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #2280
cmp1111
DIS Veteran
 
cmp1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,181

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I have been taking a lot of pictures in the city over the last few days so I'll post those today.
Oh, good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Hope you all stay safe with the big snow storm coming in! Looks like we are going to miss it up here.
Us, too, Lessa. We're just far enough north of Boston that it's supposed to swing off and we're only supposed to get an inch or two.

Quote:
Yesterday was my last test so I am now free from school until mid-January.
Excellent.

Quote:
He then gave both of us cds from his band, we listened to it in the car, not good.
Shocking!

**************************************************
So I'm realizing that I totally forgot to add stuff about my ridiculous day.

I swore up and down that even if asked, I was NOT doing both classes of tennis this morning, as I've done the last two weeks. I really needed to get to Target for stocking stuffers and party items. However, I was fairly easily talked into the second class, didn't leave the club until after 12:30, and only had time for a quick lunch before having to be at the kids' holiday assembly at 2:00. (The show was cute, but just something I kept half-forgetting and not planning on...)

Stupid, really, really, stupid. My own fault, but stupid.

I so didn't want to shop on the weekend, but I have regular tennis drills on Monday and a match on Tuesday, so my days are numbered. My wonderful old babysitter called yesterday that she's home from college until 1/24 (not that I don't love my neighbor guy, but... she sat for us starting when the kids were 0, and we all love her,) and so I called to see if she could come tomorrow night so that D & I could go out and finish up in the evening, when it might not be so scary. But, she's Jewish and the last night of Hannukah is tomorrow, so she's busy with family. We'll do it Sunday night instead. Fine, but not ideal... Oh, well. I'm still somewhat hopeful that D will take the kids to b-ball practice tomorrow afternoon and I can at least make the Target run, so that D & I just need the final bigger stuff on Sunday.

Then I got tapped for paper goods for both classrooms' holiday parties for Tuesday. And I still have to shop and clean for the Christmas Eve party at my house Christmas Eve. I was an IDIOT today for not getting stuff done. Sigh.

Now my neighbor called to see if her younger DS could hang with us whilst she did the Target/stocking/small stuff run, so we have company for pizza-movie night. It's fine, we're here anyway, but I have to be with it.

And the worst thing is that I felt fine this morning when I woke up, felt a little drippy during the first tennis class, but then totally began sneezing and being completely congested during the second. I have a low-grade fever and feel like complete carp - not the time for it. I've taken Sudafed and Advil and nothing is appreciably better. Gah!

But, you know what? I have food, shelter, nice kids, wonderful friends, and plenty of presents under the tree. I'll quit whining now. I'm just feeling stressed and carpy. Sorry. My problems really aren't that bad.

Love you all!
__________________
Me - C.E.! DH - D. DS10 - Woody DS10 - Buzz
See my " The Decoy Trip" Report here. May 2007 - AKL Aug. 2008 - The Big Group Pre-Trip Report is here. And the Rain, Rain, Rain TR: Here
cmp1111 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
~TWILIGHTAHOLICS PART 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~*~Volturi...you can GOOGLE it!!!~ Caribbeanprincess Community Board 2222 02-13-2012 10:03 PM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-25-2010 12:14 AM
Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV safetymom Disney Resorts 3738 06-28-2010 10:50 AM
Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-) teresajoy Disney for Families 3742 10-23-2009 11:38 AM
Cruise Magnet Graphics and Links - part 2 karentan Disney Cruise Line Forum 3823 10-01-2009 09:29 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.