Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #2251
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Death by Chocolate

Ingredients
1 Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake Mix (or whatever brand you prefer)
4 TBSP Brewed Coffee
3 3.5 oumce boxes of chocolate mousse mix
8-10 Hershey Bars (Some prefer Toffee)
1 12ounce tub of Cool Whip

Bake cake according to instructions. Cool
Punch holes in cake with fork and pour coffee over cake
Mix mousse according to instructions
Break Hershey Bars into pieces (I use a food processor on the chop setting)
Break up 1/2 the cake and place into a large trifle dish.
Cover with 1/2 the mousse, then 1/2 the candy, then 1/2 the Cool Whip
Repeat layers

(I reserve some of the candy bars and crush them into alsmost shaving to put a little decorative finish on the top)

Chill before serving!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #2252
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay anotherTrifle typr recipe
SHERRY Trifle :-
1 pound cake slivered almonds
2pkg instant vanilla puddinh cream sherry
1can strawberriesor 1/2 bag frozen
1large container coolwhip

Slice pound cake and cover botom of trifle type dish( may only use1/2 ofcake)
pour sherry over cake
sprinkle with almonds
cover with sliced strawberries
spoon prepared pudding over strawberries
Chill for at least 1 hour
Topwith cool whip and sprinkle with almonds !
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #2253
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I'm a little nervous, but i think Jimmy is doing well based on the tests that get sent home. I'm just a dork I guess
Nah, it's always nerve wracking. It sounds like he's having a good year, though. I'm sure he's doing great.

Took a bath, took the dog out, thinking I'm heading to bed early. D's totally asleep on the couch, and I never know whether to just let him get some sleep, as he doesn't sleep well as a rule, or if it's mean to leave him on the couch.

Sleep well - see you in the morning.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #2254
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

T: No problemo, it will be a couple days till I can get it in the mail to you but I'll do it!

Mel
Old 12-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #2255
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Well, that's too sweet for words.
I know, did it make you throw up a little?

Quote:
Buzz had the same issue. They said if it didn't come out in a week, they'd pull it. I see on FB though that Evan lost his.
and there's a funny story behind the tooth.

Quote:
So... That's that. I had a wine to celebrate the tennis win, and now I'm just sleepy.

I still haven't taken the kids to see Santa. I suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
WTG Maddie and Evan. We have Jimmy's teacher conference tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!
I'm sure he's doing terrific, Janet.

Quote:

Christmas Luncheon in work tomorrow and then Parent/Teacher conference - Report Cards tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but i think Jimmy is doing well based on the tests that get sent home. I'm just a dork I guess
Report cards came out today, except Maddie's teacher forgot to pass them out. She has a new baby and is seriously sleep deprived. I feel bad for her, but it's freakin' annoying.
Quote:
Death by Chocolate

Ingredients
4 TBSP Brewed Coffee

Repeat layers

(I reserve some of the candy bars and crush them into alsmost shaving to put a little decorative finish on the top)

Chill before serving!
Sounds good... but reading "TRIFLE" made me laugh. CE knows why.... "Meat, peas, jam... what's not to like?"
Quote:
Sleep well - see you in the morning.
Good Night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
T: No problemo, it will be a couple days till I can get it in the mail to you but I'll do it!

Mel
I was just joking, Mel! You don't have to do that!

So I took Evan to the dentist. It's a new dentist for him, as I haven't been really happy with out previous dentist for a long time and my brother referred us to this new one. She was fabulous! She looked at his weird tooth and asked me if I wanted her to put some "juice" on it and "wiggle" it. I said sure, thinking she was just going to try to loosen it. Well, apparently I didn't read the paper work as I filled out the freakin' new patient booklet and they have "code" words for procedures...

JUICE = shot
WIGGLE = extraction

Needless to say, Evan walked out with his tooth in a bag. He did great though... not one little tear.

Anyway, I spent the evening filling 50 goodie flippin' bags for the classroom parties tomorrow. That was fun.

I'm beat.... have a good night!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #2256
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I thought I quoted Lori..... Feel better, Lori!
Thanks T!

Quote:
So, if all my shopping is done, then WTH do I keep buying stuff?
I do the same thing every year but I stuck to my guns this year and didn't buy over and bought what was on my list. I hope I can do the same for the new year and stick to my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T
Maddie got an award today for Outstanding Achievement and report cards came out and both kids got good marks, so we're heading out to dinner to celebrate! No cooking for me!!!

Quote:
Feel better!
Thanks CE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE
All right. TV and couch call... we got a ton of new HD channels today kind of out of nowhere, so we're trying to figure out what some of them even are.
Get anything good?

Quote:
Feel better
Thanks Janet!

Quote:
Report Cards tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but i think Jimmy is doing well based on the tests that get sent home. I'm just a dork I guess
Good Luck but I'm sure he's doing great!

Quote:
Death by Chocolate
YUM! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Okay anotherTrifle typr recipe
SHERRY Trifle :-
Mmmmmmmmmm...this looks good too!

At this office I used to work at in VA this guy would make a rum cake for the holidays. He would soak this thing in rum and you could get drunk off of eating just one piece. It was really good though. LOL

Quote:
I
So I took Evan to the dentist. It's a new dentist for him, as I haven't been really happy with out previous dentist for a long time and my brother referred us to this new one. She was fabulous! She looked at his weird tooth and asked me if I wanted her to put some "juice" on it and "wiggle" it. I said sure, thinking she was just going to try to loosen it. Well, apparently I didn't read the paper work as I filled out the freakin' new patient booklet and they have "code" words for procedures...

JUICE = shot
WIGGLE = extraction

Needless to say, Evan walked out with his tooth in a bag. He did great though... not one little tear.
Yay for Evan!

I am lovin' having a kitten! She gets under things that need to be dusted and then pulls things out that have been missing. Too bad she has to get bigger and this won't happen all the time. LOL

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #2257
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds good... but reading "TRIFLE" made me laugh. CE knows why.... "Meat, peas, jam... what's not to like?"
Every time I see the word!

Quote:
Good for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Get anything good?
Well, now we're getting stuff like Comedy Central, Nick, Disney XD, and so forth in the HD lineup - but so far as I can tell, most of the shows aren't broadcast in HD so I'm not sure of the point. Ah, well.

Quote:
I am lovin' having a kitten! She gets under things that need to be dusted and then pulls things out that have been missing. Too bad she has to get bigger and this won't happen all the time. LOL
Excellent.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #2258
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nah, it's always nerve wracking. It sounds like he's having a good year, though. I'm sure he's doing great.
Thanks

Quote:
D's totally asleep on the couch, and I never know whether to just let him get some sleep,
I leave Jim there when he does that.

Quote:
I still haven't taken the kids to see Santa. I suck.
Jimmy only went becasue he was at Hershey Park when we were there and his friends went with him. He usually wants no part of Santa.

Quote:

Quote:

JUICE = shot
WIGGLE = extraction

and WTG Evan

Quote:
Anyway, I spent the evening filling 50 goodie flippin' bags for the classroom parties tomorrow. That was fun.
I have to do the same this weekend for Jimmy's class but it is only 22 kids

Quote:

Quote:
Every time I see the word!
Come on...share

++++++++++++++++++

Good Morning Fockers

WWork Christmas Party today. Had to bring in the Death by Chocolate and 5lbs of potato salad, yeah it was fun carrying that plus my hand bag, plus my pollyanna gift. Luckily I didn't drop anything walking from the car to the office

Leaving at 3:00 to meet Jim at home and then go to the report conference. Will let you all know how it goes

Have a good day!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #2259
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
I've read along these past few days but haven't felt like posting much. I'm feeling achy and feverish all over.
Feel better soon.

Quote:
So, if all my shopping is done, then WTH do I keep buying stuff? Dang!
That was me last year.

Quote:
Maddie got an award today for Outstanding Achievement and report cards came out and both kids got good marks, so we're heading out to dinner to celebrate! No cooking for me!!!
Go Mads!

Quote:
Got invited to lunch after tennis tomorrow, so that's my plan.
Have a good time.

Quote:
Death by Chocolate

Ingredients
4 TBSP Brewed Coffee

Repeat layers

Chill before serving!
Yummo!

Quote:
JUICE = shot
WIGGLE = extraction
Uh oh!

Quote:
Way to go Evan!

Quote:
Maybe I'll get some more cats whilst M is gone. If only my current cats wouldn't freak out.

Quote:
Leaving at 3:00 to meet Jim at home and then go to the report conference.
I'm sure Jimmy is doing great.

Not too much to do today. My packages are wrapped except two that are odd sizes and I need to find boxes for them. Other than that I just need to buy stocking stuff. I'm thinking gum, magazines, batteries whilst Mitch is thinking Starbucks GC and Swiss Army knives. If he had my name, I wouldn't care, but he has my BIL.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #2260
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

Sorry, T, you're getting it. I already bought the CDs.....

MEL
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #2261
1Princess1Prince2006
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=cmp1111;34686126Well, now we're getting stuff like Comedy Central, Nick, Disney XD, and so forth in the HD lineup - but so far as I can tell, most of the shows aren't broadcast in HD so I'm not sure of the point. Ah, well. [/QUOTE]

I think we are getting the same ones and they showed up one day for us as well. I don't get the whole HD thing either. It's like the Disney Channel...I'll put it on the normal channel but a thing will pop up and say watch in HD and my kids always want me to click it to that. It actually looks worse so I change it back. LOL

Quote:
WWork Christmas Party today. Had to bring in the Death by Chocolate and 5lbs of potato salad, yeah it was fun carrying that plus my hand bag, plus my pollyanna gift. Luckily I didn't drop anything walking from the car to the office
Glad you didn't drop anything! Good luck today with Jimmy's conference. I'm sure he's doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Feel better soon.
Thanks Angela!

Not much going on here today. I have some laundry to do and need to clean up the computer room some. I was supposed to volunteer at Lindsey's school for her Christmas party today but since I've been feeling so achey lately I cancelled. Poor Lindsey was disappointed but I told her I'd make up for it by doing something. She had mentioned watching a Christmas Story this morning so maybe we'll do that tonight with some hot cocoa and cookies.

BBL! Hope y'all are having a good day!

June 2000 - Disneyland * May 2001 - Disneyland * February 2004 - Disneyland/CA Adventure
March 2007 - WDW (Offsite) * September 2007 - WDW (Wilderness Lodge-Club Level)
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #2262
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Come on...share
Friends. Rachel thinks she's making trifle, but the cookbook pages got stuck and she made half trifle, half shepherd's pie.

Quote:
Leaving at 3:00 to meet Jim at home and then go to the report conference. Will let you all know how it goes
I'm sure it will be great!

Quote:
Have a good time.
Thanks, I did!

Quote:
I think we are getting the same ones and they showed up one day for us as well. I don't get the whole HD thing either. It's like the Disney Channel...I'll put it on the normal channel but a thing will pop up and say watch in HD and my kids always want me to click it to that. It actually looks worse so I change it back. LOL
Yep. We've been getting Disney for a while, but never actually use it. For one, the kids don't remember the HD channel numbers.

Quote:
I was supposed to volunteer at Lindsey's school for her Christmas party today but since I've been feeling so achey lately I cancelled. Poor Lindsey was disappointed but I told her I'd make up for it by doing something. She had mentioned watching a Christmas Story this morning so maybe we'll do that tonight with some hot cocoa and cookies.
Sounds nice, but I hope you feel better.

Tennis was nice and lunch was fantastic. We had wine.

Then I went to the mall and got some pj's for my mom and something for Buzz. The Lego thing for Woody finally arrived today, so that's good. I guess just maybe 2 things finish the kids, but I don't have stocking stuff yet, and I still need my dad. But, we're getting there. I also have some neighborhood grab gifts to get, but I'm thinking wine. I'm feeling some better.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #2263
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
I miss having a kitty.
Quote:
I have to do the same this weekend for Jimmy's class but it is only 22 kids
I made 25 for each class. I can never remember how many kids in each class, so I always send a few extra... I figure the teachers have kids at home they can share any extras with.

Quote:

Tell me about your potato salad. I'm always curious about how people make theirs. And WTH is a Pollyanna gift?

How'd Jimmy's conference go?
Quote:
Not too much to do today. My packages are wrapped except two that are odd sizes and I need to find boxes for them. Other than that I just need to buy stocking stuff. I'm thinking gum, magazines, batteries whilst Mitch is thinking Starbucks GC and Swiss Army knives. If he had my name, I wouldn't care, but he has my BIL.
They had some really pretty boxes at Michael's. You'd really only need to slap a bow on them and you're good to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
Sorry, T, you're getting it. I already bought the CDs.....
MEL
Hee hee.... Thanks, Mel!
Quote:
Poor Lindsey was disappointed but I told her I'd make up for it by doing something. She had mentioned watching a Christmas Story this morning so maybe we'll do that tonight with some hot cocoa and cookies.
That sounds perfect! Enjoy.
Quote:
Friends. Rachel thinks she's making trifle, but the cookbook pages got stuck and she made half trifle, half shepherd's pie.
One of my favorite episodes. That one and the Thanksgiving one where Monica puts the turkey on her head.

Quote:
I also have some neighborhood grab gifts to get, but I'm thinking wine. I'm feeling some better.
Meh! I just remembered I need to grab something for my Aunt and cousin! D'Oh!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #2264
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

I need a waiting smilie....

Anyone know when they normally release room only codes for March?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #2265
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of my favorite episodes. That one and the Thanksgiving one where Monica puts the turkey on her head.
Though my all-time favorite remains the season opener of Season 2. The Dudley Moore haircut, the prison-like tailor, and "I do Raquel!" all rolled into one episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
I need a waiting smilie....

Quote:
Anyone know when they normally release room only codes for March?
Nope.
Sorry, I made myself laugh. I am not helpful.

Anyone know if Jo was going to MVMCP tonight? I am getting texts from Dr. Belle, who is there. No, I'm not at all jealous.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: