Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #196
Phibbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
NOt yet. THe season just started, and he has only been to 4 Den Meetings so far!
That's 4 more den meetings than my son.
I got the den off to a very late start. Lots to catching up to do.

Click a link to read one of my reports:
June 2011 PTR
*** August 2009 Trip Report *** August 2008 Trip Report
Old 09-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #197
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
It lasts longer but works differently than Straterra and Ritalin.
JImmy was on Concerta. Never on Ritalin. We tried Stratera..made him aggressive!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #198
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibbles View Post
That's 4 more den meetings than my son.
I got the den off to a very late start. Lots to catching up to do.
This is Jimmy's first year. He is in 1st grade! He loves it so far! Jim showed up first so, he is the Den leader Maybe you can give us some den activities. We have been working on their Bobcat Badges, but at 6 that only keeps their attention so long. They know the salute, the sign, the motto. Working on the other things!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #199
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Every night? wow!!!!
No homework on Friday's!

Quote:
I stained the deck today and now my arm aches like mad, need to do another coat tomorrow
Can't wait to see pics when it is done!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #200
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Can they earn patches for sports and stuff. Jimmy can for Cub Scouts. As long as the coach signs off saying he played he can get a "bead" for soccer.
Well, it's a bit different... they earn "Try-It's". But they have a sports "Try-It" we'll be doing this year.
Quote:
Oh no, what it is over your side of the pond that makes everyone sick?
I don't know, but it's going around.
Quote:
OMG that was exactly how I felt when I ran Rainbows, baby Brownies!

Quote:
I stained the deck today and now my arm aches like mad, need to do another coat tomorrow
Wow, I'm impressed. I need our front door taken care of. It needs to be sanded down, stained and sealed before winter. I may have to take care of this myself. Be prepared for some advice emails, Jo.

Well, I'm a bit concerned. I've been having this dull pain in my abdomen on my right side just below my rib cage. Naturally I googled and it says it could be my gallbladder. Anyone have any experience with that? I loathe going to the Dr. Besides Fockers give the best advice.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #201
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Old 09-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #202
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Well, it's a bit different... they earn "Try-It's". But they have a sports "Try-It" we'll be doing this year.
Gotcha. They are called Go-Sees and electives for Cub Scouts!

Quote:

Well, I'm a bit concerned. I've been having this dull pain in my abdomen on my right side just below my rib cage. Naturally I googled and it says it could be my gallbladder. Anyone have any experience with that? I loathe going to the Dr. Besides Fockers give the best advice.
No gall bladder issues here..my advice..go to the doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
Hey stranger

Old 09-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #203
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Evening All!!! Go home a little earlier tonight!!! Busy but productive day ! Was at yet aother tring today!!I was my usual" bad " self and cracked my boss up along with a couple of others !! She says that's why she keeps me around !!!!
The girls went for their physicals today they asked for an excuse from swim !!! The doctor said Okay if you get a flu shot !!!!Samantha immediately agreed !!! Steph had a hissy fit and cracked the doctor up but finally with much crying agreed and was still carrying on when the nurse said "It's done " Steph didn't even feel it and that cracked them all up even more !She is such a "wuss"!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #204
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

well, I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet.....but I've personally really only had quick sharp pains there which were probably more intestinal.......

is it long standing pain that seems more after you eat (even more after fried/fatty food??

??hard to catch your breath at times

??on a scale of 1-10, what would it be?

my friend had her GB removed today actually and she's had this for the past month....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
WiiFit wants to know why I have gained weight. Does in-laws/family reunion fall under the category of indigestion?????

+++++++++++++++++++

well, to update folks on my ear---the ENT surgeon seemed really great and Vanderbilt certainly seems like a good place...so I went ahead and scheduled the next available surgery which is not till Feb 26! I guess it's a good thing it's not life threatening! But that's ok--it wouldn't kill me if I never got it done...I just wouldn't be able to hear outta that ear. But if it works, I'll get 95% hearing back without having to wear a hearing aide. So probably worth it. Got a while anyway!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #205
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Evening All!!! Go home a little earlier tonight!!! Busy but productive day ! Was at yet aother tring today!!I was my usual" bad " self and cracked my boss up along with a couple of others !! She says that's why she keeps me around !!!!
The girls went for their physicals today they asked for an excuse from swim !!! The doctor said Okay if you get a flu shot !!!!Samantha immediately agreed !!! Steph had a hissy fit and cracked the doctor up but finally with much crying agreed and was still carrying on when the nurse said "It's done " Steph didn't even feel it and that cracked them all up even more !She is such a "wuss"!!!!!
Nothing like bribibg the kids!

[QUOTE=TEminnie;33784314] well, I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet.....[/QUOTE}

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
well, to update folks on my ear---the ENT surgeon seemed really great and Vanderbilt certainly seems like a good place...so I went ahead and scheduled the next available surgery which is not till Feb 26! I guess it's a good thing it's not life threatening! But that's ok--it wouldn't kill me if I never got it done...I just wouldn't be able to hear outta that ear. But if it works, I'll get 95% hearing back without having to wear a hearing aide. So probably worth it. Got a while anyway!
A five hour drive to get there? Will you have to stay in the hospital at least overnight?

--------------------------

Good Morning Fockers Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot". Now I am actualy a bit annoyed that he didn't do this sooner to make it clear up faster Oh well! Guess I will just take advantage of being home

Kind of a busy day here. I want to straighten and clean my 1st floor (living room/ dining room/kitchen/powder room), then I have an ear doctor appointment at 2:15 (my neighbor offered to take me, but I may take a shot at driving).

Then Jim will pick me up on his way home to go get Jimmy. From 4pm to 7pm is Shawmont Night at Rita's Water Ice. Everything sold between 4 and 7 - the school gets 25% of the gross profits. The kids love it becasue the teachers/administrators are the "celebrity scoopers"

After that my little cousin is coming over so Jim can help her go over some Math stuff for her Praxis test (Test to get her teacher certificate) that she is taking tomorrow.

Um, yeah....everything ain't getting done today

Happy Thursday

Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #206
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

And I almost forgot (Sorry Angela)

THE PHILLIES ARE THE 2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST CHAMPIONS

Old 10-01-2009, 07:16 AM   #207
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
That's a great percentage, though.

Quote:
Good Morning Fockers Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot". Now I am actualy a bit annoyed that he didn't do this sooner to make it clear up faster Oh well! Guess I will just take advantage of being home

Kind of a busy day here. I want to straighten and clean my 1st floor (living room/ dining room/kitchen/powder room), then I have an ear doctor appointment at 2:15 (my neighbor offered to take me, but I may take a shot at driving).

Then Jim will pick me up on his way home to go get Jimmy. From 4pm to 7pm is Shawmont Night at Rita's Water Ice. Everything sold between 4 and 7 - the school gets 25% of the gross profits. The kids love it becasue the teachers/administrators are the "celebrity scoopers"

After that my little cousin is coming over so Jim can help her go over some Math stuff for her Praxis test (Test to get her teacher certificate) that she is taking tomorrow.

Happy Thursday
Have a nice day, Janet.
I'm sorry about the chat thing. I couldn't get it to work, then my mom called, A was a little needy... before I knew it it had been a couple of hours and I realized we never figured it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up. His only symptoms are a headache and low grade fever. One of my neighbors said her daughter had the exact same thing for 4-5 days and was positive for the flu. There are so many strains going around here, that if you have to get one, this would be the best. I hope it doesn't morph into something worse.

So, I'm home with my little buddy today. It's my third week in a row to miss bible study. I'm kind of bummed. Last week we were out of town, and the week before I had to deal with B's ankle/ crutches and missed.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #208
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
[COLOR="yellowgreen"]Have a nice day, Janet.
I'm sorry about the chat thing. I couldn't get it to work, then my mom called, A was a little needy... before I knew it it had been a couple of hours and I realized we never figured it out.
Sick baby trumps chatting Mom..not so much

Quote:
A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up. His only symptoms are a headache and low grade fever. One of my neighbors said her daughter had the exact same thing for 4-5 days and was positive for the flu. There are so many strains going around here, that if you have to get one, this would be the best. I hope it doesn't morph into something worse.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #209
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
No advice, but many hugs! Feel better T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
Hey there stranger!

Quote:
Sounds good TE - fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Good Morning Fockers Such an improvement in my eyes since I got "the shot".
Yay!

Quote:
A's home again today. He seems to be doing great as long as he's on meds, but in between doses, his fever goes up.
Poor guy; that can't be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing new here, which is GOOD! Leo's having a good week at school (knock on wood), and I'm having a better-than-average week at work. My only complaint is ow-y thighs from my riding lesson Tues. But it was a good ride, so I'll suffer happily, lol!

Happy Thursday

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #210
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Nothing like bribibg the kids!

A five hour drive to get there? Will you have to stay in the hospital at least overnight?

--------------------------

Happy Thursday
No, it's out patient surgery, but the bad thing is that you are really dizzy for up to 3 days after and can't move much without thowing up....so we'll definitely be in a hotel room for 2 nites and see how that goes. The roads are really curvy and mountainous on the way home.

Quote:
And I almost forgot (Sorry Angela)

THE PHILLIES ARE THE 2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST CHAMPIONS
Congratulations! I don't know much about hockey, but good to know they are #1 in it! :

+++++++++++++++++++
off today --hoping to rest some, clean some, maybe shop some!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: