Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #181
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Remember me? I haven't even logged in for a week! I am not going to attempt to catch up...anyone wanna fill me in?

Thing have gotten much much better at home. KC told me he does still love me and he wants to give us a chance to get to know each other again. We go to therapy tonight for the first time since the good news so I am excited. There are some extranious circumstances in the situation (pm,call or text for details its a bit too public here) but I really believe we will make it. We love each other and that the best place to start. I understand all too well now how he feels so things are clearer.

I'm in a good place as well. I had my interview this morning for the security gigand have been passing out resumes too. Having my bff here this past week was the best thing ever. We had a great time.

Anyways...just wanted to say thanks again for the advice and support,keep it coming!

Hope everyone is well!
So glad Kat.

[QUOTE=HomeschoolMama;33775849]We're on central time...

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #182
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Do you find that it is a longer lasting med? It seemed that way over the weekend, but this week at school will be there real test!
It lasts longer but works differently than Straterra and Ritalin.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #183
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

So glad that things are improving at home Kat.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #184
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I'm happy to say I'm doing a lot better... allergies seem to be to blame for it all. I'd been taking a half-dose of Zyrtec per day, and went up to the full does the past two days... TA-DA! Instantly started doing better; no more sinus pain, no more feeling rundown.
That's great, V.
Quote:
I'll buy nuts if you buy some popcorn
Popcorn? I can't eat it, but my family loves us some popcorn. Email me what you've got.

Quote:
Anyways...just wanted to say thanks again for the advice and support,keep it coming!

Hope everyone is well!
Good luck, Kat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
I'm a little tired of it too. A has more than C half the time.

Yuck to the Brownies. I give you props, man. There's no way I could put up with those people.
Ok, here's my gripe about Kinder/1st grade homework - it's crappy busy work. Period. Cut, paste, color... blah, blah, blah. Then they ask parents to do the homework with them and that really cuts into my dinner prep, clean-up time. I do agree that nightly reading is important, but the rest is CRAP.

I do Brownies for Maddie. She loves it and I really love my girls, it's the parents that are a pain.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #185
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well, I am out of work until November 2nd Things are improved, but as fast as he wants so I got the Mel treatment. He stuck a needle full of steroids in my eye.
Oh my, oh my Ö does that hurt as much as it sounds like it does? I am SO sorry!

Quote:
Having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight, so that's an easy thing.
That is my favorite!

Quote:
I forgot to tell you all that the doctor changes Jimmy's ADHD medication to Vyvanse. IT is basically the same medication, just a longer acting medication. We started it this weekend, but today will be the real test since it is first day at school with it. We will see how things go!
Good luck Ė I really hope it works for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
I am having the surgery on October 5th. The check up is the 6th. Oh, and the other part of the bad news is that he's replacing my lens also as soon as the tube incision is healed partially because I have a cataract obscurring my vision also.
Oh, Iím so sorry for you too Mel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Yep, it was one of the things she was really sad about giving up when she was diagnosed. Her case of MS is not too bad. She was diagnosed back in 2001 and has not worsened since then. Her main issue are with fine motor functions which is why she had to stop knitting/sewing/quilting and sometimes humidity can cause her nerves to cause her a lot of pain. Most of the time though you would not even know she had it.
Iíll bet she was, thatís such a shame. I know what you mean about the humidity. My FIL moved back home to Scotland after he retired just to get away from the humidity. Hopefully they will find a cure for this awful disease soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I wrote my first Bio Test this morning and I already got my mark back, I got an A!
And glad youíre feeling better!

Quote:
Well I finally started the laundry! What else should I do? The bathrooms? The livingroom? The diningroom?
My house??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
We had our first Brownie meeting last night, which was really just a parent meeting to talk about the year. The usual whiners were in full swing. Seriously parents want their kids to get all the benefits of Girl Scouts without putting in the effort. I'm so over it.
They are in every crowd and it never fails does it?
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #186
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
Oh my, oh my Ö does that hurt as much as it sounds like it does? I am SO sorry!
They numbed the eye really well. THe problem is that I can't stand ANYTHING near my eyes (I don't even wear contacts for that reason). That was the worst part!

Quote:
Good luck Ė I really hope it works for him!
Thanks. So far, so good!

Quote:
Iíll bet she was, thatís such a shame. I know what you mean about the humidity. My FIL moved back home to Scotland after he retired just to get away from the humidity. Hopefully they will find a cure for this awful disease soon!!
Oh Scotland. My inlaws are from SCotland (My MIL's father came here from SCotland) Jim wants to go so badly!

:
Quote:
My house??
I can't even get motivated to do mine

Old 09-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #187
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Popcorn? I can't eat it, but my family loves us some popcorn. Email me what you've got.
Will scan in the sheet and email it to you. I won't let anyone order online becasue online you can only get the expensive stuff! I will ship!

Quote:
Ok, here's my gripe about Kinder/1st grade homework - it's crappy busy work. Period. Cut, paste, color... blah, blah, blah. Then they ask parents to do the homework with them and that really cuts into my dinner prep, clean-up time. I do agree that nightly reading is important, but the rest is CRAP.
I have yet to have to cut paste anything for Jimmy this year His homework each night is write 2 sentences, a math worksheet, and to read a 100 book challenge book!

Quote:
I do Brownies for Maddie. She loves it and I really love my girls, it's the parents that are a pain.
They want the patches, etc but not have to do any of the things to actually do them, right!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #188
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thing have gotten much much better at home. I'm in a good place as well. I had my interview this morning for the security gigand have been passing out resumes too. Having my bff here this past week was the best thing ever. We had a great time.

Kat, so glad to hear it! I know lots of good thoughts have been sent your way. Good luck with the job!!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 09-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #189
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

WiiFit wants to know why I have gained weight. Does in-laws/family reunion fall under the category of indigestion?????
Old 09-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #190
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
WiiFit wants to know why I have gained weight. Does in-laws/family reunion fall under the category of indigestion?????

Old 09-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #191
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Quote:
They want the patches, etc but not have to do any of the things to actually do them, right!
My favorite gripe was, "Well she doesn't understand why "C" has more badges then she does!"

Hmmm... well tell her because she missed the meeting where "C" did the project and she didn't. It's that simple.

I have girls who play sports and do Brownie's. If we have an outing/meeting the same day as a game/practice, then it's up to the parent to decide which one it's going to be. You can't have both. I honestly don't think it's that difficult.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #192
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My favorite gripe was, "Well she doesn't understand why "C" has more badges then she does!"

Hmmm... well tell her because she missed the meeting where "C" did the project and she didn't. It's that simple.

I have girls who play sports and do Brownie's. If we have an outing/meeting the same day as a game/practice, then it's up to the parent to decide which one it's going to be. You can't have both. I honestly don't think it's that difficult.
Can they earn patches for sports and stuff. Jimmy can for Cub Scouts. As long as the coach signs off saying he played he can get a "bead" for soccer.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #193
Phibbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can they earn patches for sports and stuff. Jimmy can for Cub Scouts. As long as the coach signs off saying he played he can get a "bead" for soccer.
Did he get his soccer belt loop yet?

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/cub-sco...rts/soccer.asp

Click a link to read one of my reports:
June 2011 PTR
*** August 2009 Trip Report *** August 2008 Trip Report
Old 09-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #194
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibbles View Post
Did he get his soccer belt loop yet?

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/cub-sco...rts/soccer.asp
NOt yet. THe season just started, and he has only been to 4 Den Meetings so far!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #195
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Aiden woke up about 4:30 saying his head hurt so bad he couldn't sleep. He was so hot. He had a fever too. He slept late this morning and is happily watching "Aloha Scooby Doo" now.
Oh no, what it is over your side of the pond that makes everyone sick?

Quote:
I'm in a good place as well. I had my interview this morning for the security gigand have been passing out resumes too. Having my bff here this past week was the best thing ever. We had a great time.
I'm so pleased Kat just remember to look after yourself

Quote:
OMG that was exactly how I felt when I ran Rainbows, baby Brownies!

Quote:
My FIL moved back home to Scotland after he retired just to get away from the humidity. Hopefully they will find a cure for this awful disease soon!!
Do you ever visit over here?

Quote:
His homework each night is write 2 sentences, a math worksheet, and to read a 100 book challenge book!
Every night? wow!!!!

I stained the deck today and now my arm aches like mad, need to do another coat tomorrow
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: