Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #1651
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post

We haven't talked about trmpolining for awhile!

=============
That's Jo's expertise !!!!! That and sneezing !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #1652
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hello Focker Friends!!!

CE has been busy. She has her Thanksgiving plans worked out. They still have cable problems. Woody has a cough.
I'm sorry you'll be missing a good friend at T-day. Dang cable people. When I lived in town and had cable, I hated all the crap they would pull. Not to mention the constant rate hikes. We always go to Doug's sister's house for T-day. I'll be honest, I love family, but there are too many for the house. It makes it very hard to enjoy due to noise and a sardine feeling.

TE wants a Wii. Her farm is probably gonna die due to lack of tending, due to slow internet. She has animal drama. She found out that the cheerleaders donít really pay attention to the games. Oh and itís confusing, so only one team should have the ball all the time.

JANET does not want to deal with any people but Focker people.
I think we have spoiled you!

JO only does well at golf when she doesnít care about the outcome, sorta.
Just teasin' about the fleas. I knew you didn't have any. Do you have 'chiggers' over there?

V is sick. Leo is better.

Z says ĎHi!í

Gotta run. I'll do a personal update in a few.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #1653
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

To continueÖ.

Dougís MRI showed no improvement from the one done on Oct. 29th. His index finger and thumb are still weak. They said that they believe it is just fall-out from the radiation and it should clear up. They also said, and this is what scares me, that it could be more tumor growth. It is not clear on the scan at this point. The area has not changed so that is a positive sign.

They are putting him back on the oral steroid for the time being. They want to know if his finger/thumb get any worse.

He will have another scan at the end of Dec. If things have not improved, we will probably have to have a different type of scan to see what is actually going on. If at that time it is discovered that there is tumor growth, Doug will have to do a different form of chemotherapy. UGH! I guess we need some prayers and good thoughts sent our way. At least we will get through the holidays without any medical drama.

The good thing is that he is not suffering any seizures or pain or numbness. He has had some small headaches. He rates them a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Nothing else.

It was rainy and cold all day. It is still raining now. I am hoping for a decent weather this weekend. I hate being out when it is puky. The bros wedding is Saturday. Iím not dressing too fancy. Just a nice 2-fer sweater and some slacks with either boots or dress shoes, depending on the weather. I need to see if Doug has some decent slacks that fit. He is becoming quite the 'Buddha' belly! I donít have any room to talk, but I donít let it hang out of my shirt.

Only 10 more work days until Iím free for WDW!

Old 11-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #1654
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Kristel - I am so sorry that the doctors are not providing the answers that you guys want. Hopefully the scans will turn out in his favour next time.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 AM   #1655
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
I guess we need some prayers and good thoughts sent our way. At least we will get through the holidays without any medical drama.
Coming your way. I'm sorry - not having answers is sometimes worse than pure bad news - at least they know what to do if they know what it is.

Quote:
He is becoming quite the 'Buddha' belly! I donít have any room to talk, but I donít let it hang out of my shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Kristel - I am so sorry that the doctors are not providing the answers that you guys want. Hopefully the scans will turn out in his favour next time.
Hi, Lessa! How long until end of term? How are things going?

I'm debating how to plan out my day. A trip to the cable office is definitely in order - this box is just pure rubbish.

I also need to get hold of my co-chair to see if she wants to come over to submit our financials to Scholastic, or if she just wants me to do it. That can be done anytime in the next week, but I'd kind of like to just be done with it. However, I'm busy tomorrow morning and probably Friday morning as well. Today might be the best day, but I think she might volunteer at school on Wed. and we'll just have to see.

And it's cold - below freezing, brr! - so I want to sit and just be.

What's everyone up to today? Hope it's good, no matter what!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #1656
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post

Only 4 1/2 weeks left until Christmas break! They will pass quickly I am sure. We get nearly a month off.

Things are still going well, I am very curious to see how many people continue on into next semester and then into next year as many in the class are performing poorly (which I don't understand as the material is not all that difficult).

Life is pretty boring though, wake up at 6am and then I am at school usually until 5:30 then home or to work. Wake up, repeat.

It is starting to get really cold here, right now it is -2C so about 26F.

I'm still reading along or checking Kristel's updates I just don't have much time to post very much. Come mid-December you will be stuck with me for a month.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 AM   #1657
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Fockers !! Don't have to go in till Noon !!!
Have done a load of laundry and have 2 to fold HMMMMM!!Dishes done so now I can Dis a little with a clear conscience
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #1658
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
That's Jo's expertise !!!!! That and sneezing !!!!!
Hey, I'm the sweet and innocent one around here

Quote:
Do you have 'chiggers' over there?
Huh? They don't sound nice what are they?

Quote:
The good thing is that he is not suffering any seizures or pain or numbness. He has had some small headaches. He rates them a 2 on a scale of 1-10. Nothing else.
That's good and I hope there are no more growths And your brother is getting married already? You said he was engaged but wow this is so quick!!!!

Quote:
this box is just pure rubbish.
I just love how much Brit you now speak

I did yet more decorating this morning, some sanding and a first coat of paint, I had to ban Boo from the room though as she wanted to help I have a Dr appointment for Jess and I later, did I tell you that she has moaned on and off for years about her knee, Dawn you know she's in absolute agony right? Well I had another look the other day and it really looks like she has 1 leg longer than the other, they probably can't do anthing but anyway..... As for me my jaw started cracking a few months ago so I thought whilst I was going with her I'd be seen too. Literally it cracks so loudly D can't eat next to me at the table My worry is it could be something similar to what my Dad had where his jaw bone grew too much and he had to have it chiseled off
Old 11-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #1659
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Oh Jo I hope everything goes well at the doctors!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
Old 11-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #1660
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
I guess we need some prayers and good thoughts sent our way.
You've got it.

Quote:
A trip to the cable office is definitely in order - this box is just pure rubbish.
I'm sorry - are you British now?!

Quote:
Thank you - I needed a reminder... that's why I'm in FL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post

Quote:
Well I had another look the other day and it really looks like she has 1 leg longer than the other, they probably can't do anthing but anyway.....
Hope it turns out to be minor!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got... nuthin. Still sick-ish, still working on projects, still not ready for our trip. Look away - I'm hideous.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #1661
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurrrvtheDuck View Post
Hi everyone!! Sorry been away.....again.

The time just flies bye and before I realize 2 weeks have gone by.

Anyway just stopping by to say hi!
Where were you We miss you. Check in more often

Quote:
Ooh, that should bring some stories.
I hope not. I just want to go in. Get done what we need to and get out!

Quote:

I sold D out. His mom called yesterday and mentioned that D's stepdad was in DC, and I said, "Oh, so's D!" The oldest stepsister lives in the area too, so now they're all heading out to dinner. It's not that D dislikes either one - he's very fond of them - but he's also attending some sort of class and just wasn't sure he'd have time for socializing. Oops.
Ooooh, you're in trouble

Quote:
Dougís MRI showed no improvement from the one done on Oct. 29th.
Lots of good thoughts headed your way

Quote:
Work, HSA Meeting tonight, work on the science fair prioject in between. Exciting, eh?

Quote:
Only 4 1/2 weeks left until Christmas break! They will pass quickly I am sure. We get nearly a month off.

Quote:
Things are still going well, I am very curious to see how many people continue on into next semester and then into next year as many in the class are performing poorly (which I don't understand as the material is not all that difficult).
How long of a program is it?

Quote:
I'm still reading along or checking Kristel's updates I just don't have much time to post very much. Come mid-December you will be stuck with me for a month.

Quote:
Yeah, sure you are

Quote:
: My worry is it could be something similar to what my Dad had where his jaw bone grew too much and he had to have it chiseled off
Let us know about you and Jess!

---------------

Good morning all. Work again today, but it is sort of like Thursday for me since I am not working Friday Yep, Back less than a month and I am taking a vacation day I will be volunteering at Jimmy's school though, so I don't think that is much of a vacation.

Going up to 57 today, then the rains return tomorrow

Not much else happening. Hope you all have a good day. Will try to check in again at lunch!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #1662
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Life is pretty boring though, wake up at 6am and then I am at school usually until 5:30 then home or to work. Wake up, repeat.

Well, it sounds like things are going very well for you, and I for one can't wait to be stuck with you for a month.

Quote:
Good Morning Fockers !! Don't have to go in till Noon !!!
Have done a load of laundry and have 2 to fold HMMMMM!!Dishes done so now I can Dis a little with a clear conscience
Good job, Rosie!

Quote:
Sure...

Quote:
Huh? They don't sound nice what are they?
Little bugs that bit, kind of like fleas but more just outdoors than on animals...

Quote:

Quote:
I have a Dr appointment for Jess and I later, did I tell you that she has moaned on and off for years about her knee, Dawn you know she's in absolute agony right? Well I had another look the other day and it really looks like she has 1 leg longer than the other, they probably can't do anthing but anyway..... As for me my jaw started cracking a few months ago so I thought whilst I was going with her I'd be seen too.
Hope it's all OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Here's the weird thing. "Rubbish" was the first thing I thought. Then I thought about typing "crap" or "garbage" but decided to leave it for Jo's amusement. But I don't know why it was the first word to pop into my head...

Quote:
I've got... nuthin. Still sick-ish, still working on projects, still not ready for our trip. Look away - I'm hideous.
No, you couldn't be. I'm sorry you're still not feeling 100% though.

OK, so I just got an e-mail from the PATT treasurer. She gave me my final counts on deposits. Which is fine, but we're $39.71 off. And I don't get it, as I wrote down every deposit I made, and she says that only one of my counts to her was $1 off. I don't know if one of us is adding something twice or not at all, or what, but I'm confused. My little accounting mind doesn't like it. It's not like it's a big discrepancy, but still... I want those darn numbers to match.

Sigh.

Anyway, I've left a message for my co-chair, and then I don't want to submit to Scholastic until I get this figured out, just for my own sake.

I suppose I should shower and go to the cable office, so that if my co-chair calls back and wants to come today, I will be ready.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #1663
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck with that!

Quote:
See, we're supposed to get to the 50's today, too, but it was 27 when the bus came and it's still only 31. Brr! We had frosty grass this morning.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #1664
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

[QUOTE=DisneyJo;34378976]Hey, I'm the sweet and innocent one around here

?

That's good and I hope there are no more growths : And your brother is getting married already? : You said he was engaged but wow this is so quick!!!!

I did yet more decorating this morning, some sanding and a first coat of paint, I had to ban Boo from the room though as she wanted to help I have a Dr appointment for Jess and I later, did I tell you that she has moaned on and off for years about her knee, Dawn you know she's in absolute agony right? Well I had another look the other day and it really looks like she has 1 leg longer than the other, they probably can't do anthing but anyway..... As for me my jaw started cracking a few months ago so I thought whilst I was going with her I'd be seen too. Literally it cracks so loudly D can't eat next to me at the table My worry is it could be something similar to what my Dad had where his jaw bone grew too much and he had to have it chiseled off
Quote:
!
I read that too fast---I thought Boo had one leg too long and I was about to go look at Boots!
Daran had that problem growing up---it resolved somewhat with growth but still he has to wear an insole in 1 shoe to make them even so he doesn't have a sore back. How tall is she?

Quote:
Where were you We miss you.

Ooooh, you're in trouble

Lots of good thoughts headed your way

Work, HSA Meeting tonight, work on the science fair prioject in between. Exciting, eh?

How long of a program is it?

Yeah, sure you are

Let us know about you and Jess!

---------------

Good morning all. Work again today, but it is sort of like Thursday for me since I am not working Friday Yep, Back less than a month and I am taking a vacation day I will be volunteering at Jimmy's school though, so I don't think that is much of a vacation.

Not much else happening. Hope you all have a good day. Will try to check in again at lunch!
I told you volunteering would suck you right in! Right CE??

Quote:
Coming your way. I'm sorry - not having answers is sometimes worse than pure bad news - at least they know what to do if they know what it is.

I'm debating how to plan out my day. A trip to the cable office is definitely in order - this box is just pure rubbish.

I also need to get hold of my co-chair to see if she wants to come over to submit our financials to Scholastic, or if she just wants me to do it. That can be done anytime in the next week, but I'd kind of like to just be done with it. However, I'm busy tomorrow morning and probably Friday morning as well. Today might be the best day, but I think she might volunteer at school on Wed. and we'll just have to see.

And it's cold - below freezing, brr! - so I want to sit and just be.

You tell 'em that box is just rubbish!

Kristel--wow, sorry he is having such a time and will pray for good news.

+++++++++++++

well, I gotta get ready and go to work soon---some reason I just have not been motivated to do much lately....not sure why.....it seemed to start when I don't have to get up and get the kids ready and go to school....now I want to sleep late...get ready late....etc. Any suggestions to get my rear in gear??

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964

Last edited by TEminnie; 11-18-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: why can't I have more than 25 smilies???
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #1665
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Yay and wow it sounds like loads of your fellow students will give up, more one on one time for you though

Quote:
Oh Jo I hope everything goes well at the doctors!!!
Thanks, I'm sure it will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
More than me huh

Quote:
Yeah, sure you are
But I am

Quote:
I will be volunteering at Jimmy's school though, so I don't think that is much of a vacation.
No that doesn't sound much like vacation

Quote:
Here's the weird thing. "Rubbish" was the first thing I thought. Then I thought about typing "crap" or "garbage" but decided to leave it for Jo's amusement. But I don't know why it was the first word to pop into my head...
I really am getting to you, oh and I noticed straight away Hope the book money gets sorted, it's a pain when things like that happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Daran had that problem growing up---it resolved somewhat with growth but still he has to wear an insole in 1 shoe to make them even so he doesn't have a sore back. How tall is she?
Taller than you She is about the same as me so almost 5ft 6

It's only 3.45pm here yet I need to put the light on, why does it get dark so early
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: