Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #1606
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Jo It's not that I'm organised I just HATE leaving stuff to the last minute and ya'll know my schedule !!Judy on the other hand would be wrapping all night Xmas Eve and *****ing up a storm!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #1607
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Jimmy signing his name to the Constitution!
How cool!

Quote:

First Library

I love the architecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Bolillo
From Wikipedia:

Mexican bolillosA bolillo (English pronunciation: /bɵˈliːjoʊ/ bo-LEE-yoh) is a type of salty bread traditionally made in Mexico, where it originates. It is a variation of the baguette, and is often baked in an horno de piedra.

It is about 15 cm (six inches) long, in the shape of an oval, with a crunchy crust and a soft inside, known as migajón. It is the main ingredient for tortas and molletes. A variation of the bolillo is the telera, which is very similar, though it has a more rounded shape, is divided in three sections, and is usually softer. Other variations include bolillos made of alternate ingredients such as whole wheat, wheat germ or flax

Go here and get one and ask for a Champurrado to go with it.

El Coqui Panaderia Y Restaurante
2556 N Front St, Philadelphia, PA 19133
Oh, I bet we have those here! I'll have to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Princess1Prince2006 View Post
Lindsey gave me attitude pretty much all night.
Poor Linds. I'm glad she told you what the problem was though.

I have been up since 2.30, and I have plenty of things I need to do today, but nothing that has to get done thankfully.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #1608
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Morning I too have a freeish day was supposed to run an appointment but it was cancelled and I am waiting for a call to run another !! So for now I can relax!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #1609
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Thanks for the birthday wishes for A. His bday isn't actually until next Friday. I was trying to do a party early enough that he would have a good turn out. I invited 10 boys and 3 showed. It really ticked me off. I asked him if he enjoyed his party before he was going up to bed and he just started crying. He said he didn't know why more friends didn't come. My heart just broke.

I promised him a sleepover (his first) ASAP with lots of fun stuff. I just feel horrible.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #1610
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Poor, A. Was there some other event going on that the boys didn't come? A sleepover should be fun for him though.

Now the doctor says Mitch has a spine fracture. WTH?! He has as appointment this morning to see what else she says. Not getting my hopes up of this keeping him from deploying, much.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #1611
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Just a quick check in. CRAZY busy at work. This whole work thing is cutting into my Dis and FB time

Thanks for all the compliments about the pics. I think Jimmy has finally found his niche with Cub Scouts. He likes soccer, but he LOVES Cub Scouts

Dawn - for A. I can't believe how rude and ignorant people are

Angela - for you and Mitch. Hope everything is okay!

Rosie - With your schedule I think I'd pass out

to everyone else. Hope all is well. IT is beautiful here and I am stuck in an office in which the windows don't open

Will try and check back in at lunch time!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 11-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #1612
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes for A. His bday isn't actually until next Friday. I was trying to do a party early enough that he would have a good turn out. I invited 10 boys and 3 showed. It really ticked me off. I asked him if he enjoyed his party before he was going up to bed and he just started crying. He said he didn't know why more friends didn't come. My heart just broke.

I promised him a sleepover (his first) ASAP with lots of fun stuff. I just feel horrible.
that is just heartbreaking. I would be mad too.

just stopping by. on my new resolution to make it to my morning classes, I woke up early and went to the gym. Now im awake and ready! I procrastinated writing my paper, but did research. 2 days to write it. wish me luck!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #1613
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I love that rush hour game. We always play those puzzle games.
They're fun aren't they oh and manatees are one of my fave animals. Your chistmas chain sounds interesting, do you have any photos?

Quote:
No Christmas shopping should be done until the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING!
Well we don't have that here so am I let off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
Not much happening this weekend. Yesterday I went with my sister and Reid to story time at the book store. Since all the kids weren't sitting, Reid didn't want to sit, so we left and went to lunch. Reid told my sis that Grandma, my BIL's mom, let him watch Sponge Bob. When my sis asked him who let him watch, he threw me right under the bus and said me! Look at him trying not to get Grandma in trouble, but my sister knows I would not watch SB so therefore Reid will not be watching. Any sports, absolutely! I was explaining tennis to him the other day. I figure since there are tennis courts at his school, he may be able to relate.

Angela, where is the closest Aeropostle store to the GF?

Quote:
Friday night Jimmy earned his Bobcat Badge at Cub Scouts. Here are a couple of pictures of that.
Awww he looks so sweet and sounds like you had a fun night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
O. M. G. I found the best panaderia right up the street! They have the most wonderful bolillo rolls and homemade tortilla's! I'm in heaven!
Even after reading the description I still don't know what they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I know - I'm so usually ready to chat about nothing!
True

Quote:
Our favorites are A Christmas Story
Looks like I need to add that to the list, who's in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Jo It's not that I'm organised I just HATE leaving stuff to the last minute and ya'll know my schedule !!Judy on the other hand would be wrapping all night Xmas Eve and *****ing up a storm!!!

Quote:
I love the architecture.
You so need a visit to England Angela

Quote:
I invited 10 boys and 3 showed. It really ticked me off. I asked him if he enjoyed his party before he was going up to bed and he just started crying. He said he didn't know why more friends didn't come. My heart just broke.
I'm so sorry, Jess has had that happen to her too, it's horrid

Quote:
Now the doctor says Mitch has a spine fracture. WTH?! He has as appointment this morning to see what else she says. Not getting my hopes up of this keeping him from deploying, much.
OMG And yeah definitely look on the bright side

Had a nice lazy morning, we had brekkie then went back to bed We finally went and did 9 holes of golf, it's very windy though, we were then naughty and had some cheesy chips (fries) before hitting the supermarket and then went for an hours walk Poor Boo though as we drove out this morning she sat on the windowsill and it almost seemed as though she was saying don't go
Old 11-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #1614
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know wha you mean! The girls were really hurt whe only 1 of their friends showed up for their party !!! I know it was summertimbut weorganisedit for a date thawas convenient for friends andamily and then only 1 friendof teirs camend some family didn't !!!The EX did though so give him that credit !!!hat is why we are plannng a possible Disney Cruise for their sixteenth!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #1615
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
I've had all kinds of fun imagining what word she might be doing all night!

Quote:
Poor, A. Was there some other event going on that the boys didn't come? A sleepover should be fun for him though.
Not that I know of. Most of the people iddn't RSVP, so I have no clue. I may have a summer party or something really big next year. Maybe I'll invite the whole class. I think he needs a do-over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela
See? Exercising is bad for people's health.
Seriously, I hope he's okay. But just hurt enough that he can't deploy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Angela, where is the closest Aeropostle store to the GF?
Shopping!!! I wish we could get the girls together to shop! That'd be so fun, Jo!!!

I'm sorry that this party stuff has happened to you guys too. I just wanted him to think he was the most important person in the world that day.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #1616
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well Judy is prett sure she'll take it she asked for more mone and I think she'l get close to what she asked !! She will go into te office 2 day a week ( her choice which she says wil be Modays and Thursdays) then she will be on call on the weekends > 3 weeks vacation and health coverage ! It wouldmake it so easy for her with Kyle and the girls schedules !! So we are very hopeful!!! She would start in January!!!
That sounds awesome! Best of luck to her.

Quote:
I just wrapped more Xmas gifts !!! My back hurts frm bending over !!!!
Good for you – I am SO behind - I usually have most of my gifts at least ordered by now (I do most of my Christmas shopping on-line - I am proud to say I never stepped foot into the Mall once last Christmas ). I am feeling very stressed at my behind-ness

Quote:
I need ideas for David though, but then all I have on my list is some new golf waterproofs so we're very boring this year
I know what you mean, I always have a hard time thinking what to get my DH. To make it worse, his birthday is December 16th. So, if he doesn’t get a good b-day gift, he thinks he’s getting cheated (and I feel like if I give a good b-day gift, it’s a waste of a good Christmas gift).
This year we are doing the cruise as our main gift, but I do have to get him a few things.

Quote:
Friday night Jimmy earned his Bobcat Badge at Cub Scouts. Here are a couple of pictures of that.

The pictures are adorable! He is so darn cute!

Quote:
Then, after that I met my friends for dinner. We wound up getting kicked out of the restaurant ….I"ve been kicked out of better places than Bertucci's January will be at my place!
I really like Bertucci’s, but I can never get anyone to go with me (and now I guess you CAN'T)

Today was spent at Soccer. It was beautiful here. 70 degrees and sunny. More spring than fall!
[/QUOTE]

Wasn’t it unbelievably warm? (and we STILL didn’t get the leaves raked!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
We have to watch A Christmas Story as we wrap on Christmas Eve and then unwrap in the morning. I have to see Scrooged (with Bill Murray) at least once, and D got it for me on DVD. Though I'll watch it anytime, I also always have to do Love, Actually at least once during the season... And the Charlie Brown special...
I love hearing what movies everyone loves to watch for the Holidays. We always watch Christmas Vacation when we’re putting the tree up, I love Elf, and Love, Actually is my absolute favorite. And, definitely A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve.

Quote:
Lindsey gave me attitude pretty much all night. She had talked with her dad on the phone earlier today and had had an attitude since then. She finally broke down after I had had enough of her and put her in the corner. Poor girl is not liking the idea of going with her dad and is worried she isn't going to have fun, nor get to come back home to me. Once I calmed her down and talked with her she was a changed child. I know she'll have fun once there but it still breaks my heart to see my child struggle with this.
Aww, poor kid, but it sounds like she really responded to what you said. to both you and her.

Quote:
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Thanks for the birthday wishes for A. His bday isn't actually until next Friday. I was trying to do a party early enough that he would have a good turn out. I invited 10 boys and 3 showed. It really ticked me off. I asked him if he enjoyed his party before he was going up to bed and he just started crying. He said he didn't know why more friends didn't come. My heart just broke.
Another poor kid – I know how your heart breaks when your baby is hurting. Did you ever find out why such a low turnout? A sleepover should make him happy though!

Quote:
Whaaattt? Oh, I hope he’s okay and feeling better (but I would be thinking what you are thinking too)

Quote:
Hi all! Just a quick check in. CRAZY busy at work. This whole work thing is cutting into my Dis and FB time
Isn’t THAT the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBelle View Post
I procrastinated writing my paper, but did research. 2 days to write it. wish me luck!
Good luck!

Quote:
Poor Boo though as we drove out this morning she sat on the windowsill and it almost seemed as though she was saying don't go
I know what you mean – every time we leave the house Lilly pops into the bay window and gives us the sad face – and it really makes me feel guilty.

Quote:
I know wha you mean! The girls were really hurt whe only 1 of their friends showed up for their party !!! I know it was summertimbut weorganisedit for a date thawas convenient for friends andamily and then only 1 friendof teirs camend some family didn't !!!The EX did though so give him that credit !!!hat is why we are plannng a possible Disney Cruise for their sixteenth!!
Can’t be disappointed with THAT party!!
----------------------
Hi everyone! What a busy weekend. I actually did what I set out to do this weekend! I cleaned out and organized the entire pantry – and when I was getting started I almost stopped because it seemed so overwhelming, but then I was able to get somewhat organized about it and it’s now such a pleasure to go into that room and actually be able to find what I’m looking for and not have things falling on my head! I also got the kitchen floor cleaned. Whew, I was exhausted! We took everyone to see Disney’s A Christmas Carol on Sunday. We went to the 3D version which made me feel like I was in WDW! It was very cool. We all really enjoyed this version of a Christmas Carol, but I will say I think little kids would find it scary. It was very dark in places and I heard a couple of kids crying once or twice which was a shame. Really, there were more adults than kids there. In a couple of weeks, I am going to see Charles Dickens’ great-great-great-grandson, Gerald Charles Dickens, do a one-main version of A Christmas Carol. It’s held at the Byer’s Choice factory/store which is near me (you know the Caroler dolls). I’ve seen him do the program before and it is so good. Hard to believe one person can make the story come alive like that. Besides, their very cute store where you can buy all the dolls and Christmas goodies and ornaments and such, Byer’s Choice also has a museum that showcases Nativity scenes from around the world, rooms of miniature villages, etc. I love going there during the holidays, it is so festive.

I’m looking forward to this evening – it’s our wedding anniversary (24 years - where did THAT time go!) and we’re going to one of my favorite restaurants – yummy! Do you believe we both got each other Disney themed cards this year – mine had Minnie & Mickey on it and I got DH a card with Lady & the Tramp (are we Disney-obsessed or what?!?)

Have a great Monday everyone!
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #1617
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Dawn the word begins with a "B" and is a female dog

I have just a few things to buy for the girls and Judy wants a hairdryer and a leaf blowerShe's getting me a camera !!!

More Wii tapes came in the mail today !! I think Kyle is set but the girls want those IPOD touches and Judy is hitting Target on BF for them , then they want clothes which is also what I got them and hideous hi tops that they LOVE!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #1618
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I've had all kinds of fun imagining what word she might be doing all night!
Me too

Quote:
Shopping!!! I wish we could get the girls together to shop! That'd be so fun, Jo!!!
I'm training them to hate shopping though She also wants Uggs which are soooo expensive here, the long classic ones are £190 which is about $320

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
This year we are doing the cruise as our main gift, but I do have to get him a few things.
Well that's a great gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
I’m looking forward to this evening – it’s our wedding anniversary (24 years - where did THAT time go!) and we’re going to one of my favorite restaurants – yummy! Do you believe we both got each other Disney themed cards this year – mine had Minnie & Mickey on it and I got DH a card with Lady & the Tramp (are we Disney-obsessed or what?!?)
Awww Happy Anniversary

Where is everyone???? Come on I'm finally here and you're not
Old 11-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #1619
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
I have just a few things to buy for the girls and Judy wants a hairdryer and a leaf blower
Get a strong hair dryer and she can use it for the leaves too
Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #1620
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:

Oh Dawn---my heart hurt went I read this. I'll tell you how I deal with this concern---I had her write a list of friends names (and I knew which ones were favorites)---then I called the best friends moms and checked the date--if any of these friends couldn't make it, I switched the date. That way I was sure her BFFs would be there and others were just "icing."

Quote:

Wow---spine fracture sounds bad. Want me to start a Facebook group of "fans not in favor of deploying people with spine fractures" ???

What did the appt today say?

Quote:

Thanks for all the compliments about the pics. I think Jimmy has finally found his niche with Cub Scouts. He likes soccer, but he LOVES Cub Scouts

Dawn - for A. I can't believe how rude and ignorant people are

Angela - for you and Mitch. Hope everything is okay!

Rosie - With your schedule I think I'd pass out

to everyone else. Hope all is well. IT is beautiful here and I am stuck in an office in which the windows don't open

Will try and check back in at lunch time!
Really enjoyed the pics Janet--thought I commented this am when I saw them but must have run outta time before work. Looks like cub scouts is a good fit! Ab really loved Brownies---until the girls got into 5th grade and formed their own little groups....now she wishes she had stuck with it cause her friends are getting the Gold award (and Eagle!) and it looks great on college aps!

+++++++++
Had my monthly class today at work for the residents--we made homemade Cranberry oatmeal muffins with fresh cranberries and they were yummy!

Really nice day today...that I spent mostly inside.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: